❤️[Mainland] Forever and Ever

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Haha I love my jialun and bailu but my 一下夫妇 shipper heart makes it hard for me to continue it LOL but I plan to finish 周生如故, their first lifetime, first before continuing where I left off in 一生一世. :lol:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I was planning on watching this, but noticed that Allen Ren doesn't do real kisses. I will still check it out tho.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@sarN , Can you move this to C-Seies Completed? this has ended along time ago. Alot of the dramas on here have already ended, but I guess no one comes to this thread anymore. lol

sarN

sarNie Granny
I don't think we have lots of Chinese drama fan ! But I love Chinese drama , I watch them everyday, more than lakorn, I think I stop watching lakorn about 5 year now ? Hummm

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I don't think we have lots of Chinese drama fan ! But I love Chinese drama , I watch them everyday, more than lakorn, I think I stop watching lakorn about 5 year now ? Hummm
I just started back watching Chinses mid last year and I'm enjoying most of it! I especially love the short web C-dramas that have the sweet and many kissing scenes. lol. I like that they usually have not too many misunderstandings and just focused on the leads. They really do filled my heart with so much joy when I watch them.

Oh I plan on watching this series, but does it have real kissing scenes? they said that Allen Ren doesn't do real kissing. He didn't do any real kissing in "Miss Crow With Mr. Lizard".

sarN

sarNie Granny
I think its because he married but there some kisses in here (cheek & forehead & angle work ), not intense like kdrama or HBO Show. I usually don't watch Chinese modern but now or then a series will catch me . I happen to read the translated novel of this drama a few year back and decided to watch the ancient part One and Only and then their modern life Forever and Ever , surprisely, I LOVE the MODERN version ❤ it's very romantic, funny & adorable

roselovesice

Jialun did have a kiss scene in The Glory of Tang Dynasty but that was around the time right before he was married. He did have like a lip kiss with Bailu in F&E and possibly even another lip kiss in The Blue Whisper. I think with all the flack he received for not doing any kissing scenes, he seems to be willing to do at least 1-2 soft lip kiss only now. A lot of his dramas require those passionate moments too, for example in MCWML. From what I read, the novel had many kissing scenes but there were barely any in the drama adaptation. I thought not having one in Under the Power was fine as the drama was able to thrive without those kind of intimate scenes. RJL prefers contemporary dramas. which are filled with multiple kissing and romantic scenes. It is unfortunate that the reality is that he will just have to be willing to sacrifice certain things to continue to make fans happy, gain new fans and thrive in the c-ent drama business that produces dramas with intimate scenes. I mean, he was able to prove his popularity without those scenes the last 2 years but there are so many fans also still complaining about the lack of those type of scenes in dramas. I guess you just can't make everyone happy. lol But I still love him and is proud of him.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
In MCWML, that was my first drama of Jialun and I really like his chemistry with Xing Fei. I guess the storyline didn't really required too much affection since the ML has a heart condition. It just feels disconnected when they do the fake kisses and angle shots though. It does feel off when an actor doesn't do real kisses when we're so use to Chinese actors kissing in dramas most of the time. lol

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I think its because he married but there some kisses in here (cheek & forehead & angle work ), not intense like kdrama or HBO Show. I usually don't watch Chinese modern but now or then a series will catch me . I happen to read the translated novel of this drama a few year back and decided to watch the ancient part One and Only and then their modern life Forever and Ever , surprisely, I LOVE the MODERN version ❤ it's very romantic, funny & adorable
aww, that suck. I don't really expect kissing like American or Koreans, but I do like watching a soft kissing scenes. lol. And when they do fake, cheek, forehead, or angle kisses, it feels disconnected. I'll still give this drama a watch knowing it doesn't have any kissing.

sarN

sarNie Granny
They do kiss on the lip but no eating them . Is what I mean . Imagine you have a babie doll and ken doll , then press them together.

roselovesice

aww, that suck. I don't really expect kissing like American or Koreans, but I do like watching a soft kissing scenes. lol. And when they do fake, cheek, forehead, or angle kisses, it feels disconnected. I'll still give this drama a watch knowing it doesn't have any kissing.
you'll definitely want to watch One & Only (their first lifetime) before this one, Forever & Ever.

It was definitely the fake kissing angle scenes that made the moment go from :love: to :facepalm:
I don't know what's worse. fake kissing angles? Or having some other people stand in do the kissing scenes instead? bc I till feel cheated by UTP :lol:
But I still love jialin from UTP. Fell in love with his charm there when the drama was airing. I couldn't finish his other dramas that aired after bc of my shipper heart:pancarta: I still honestly think he had the best chemistry with Tan Songyun, but F&F seems to be the fan favorite.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
you'll definitely want to watch One & Only (their first lifetime) before this one, Forever & Ever.

It was definitely the fake kissing angle scenes that made the moment go from :love: to :facepalm:
I don't know what's worse. fake kissing angles? Or having some other people stand in do the kissing scenes instead? bc I till feel cheated by UTP :lol:
But I still love jialin from UTP. Fell in love with his charm there when the drama was airing. I couldn't finish his other dramas that aired after bc of my shipper heart:pancarta: I still honestly think he had the best chemistry with Tan Songyun, but F&F seems to be the fan favorite.
Yes, I plan on watching both series. I only feel cheated when the leads has such great chemistry but the fake/angle kisses ruined it. Lol. I tried not let that bother me because I like the characters so much. I’ve seen some Cdramas or Kdramas that did not have any kissing/fate kissing and it didn’t make dislike it. As long as I don’t feel disconnected from the characters, I’m fine with it.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi girls. I didn't see this thread until now. Love Allen and Bail Lu in the Beautiful Bones series. Forever and Ever is very romantic and adorable. I have to say that I love One and Only more. I am now a fan of both. Ever since, I've watch more of Allen's dramas like Ms. Crow with Mr. Lizard, Under The Power and The Destiny of the White Snake. For Bai Lu, I saw Arsenal Military Academy and The Legends.

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Hi girls. I didn't see this thread until now. Love Allen and Bail Lu in the Beautiful Bones series. Forever and Ever is very romantic and adorable. I have to say that I love One and Only more. I am now a fan of both. Ever since, I've watch more of Allen's dramas like Ms. Crow with Mr. Lizard, Under The Power and The Destiny of the White Snake. For Bai Lu, I saw Arsenal Military Academy and The Legends.
Hi Katelyn! There are a lot of posts on Cdramas, but not a lot of comments. I just found myself enjoying Cdramas more recently. I get a happy feeling and satisfactory watching them. Feel fee to post/create any on Cdramas you like.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
@Koy123
I'm enjoying and watching more Cdramas as well. I think I got burnt out on lakorn and plus there weren't many interesting ones. 2021 is the year of Cdramas for me. I will definitely post my most aniticipated Cdramas for 2022.

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@Koy123
I'm enjoying and watching more Cdramas as well. I think I got burnt out on lakorn and plus there weren't many interesting ones. 2021 is the year of Cdramas for me. I will definitely post my most aniticipated Cdramas for 2022.
There were a handful of Cdramas I’ve enjoyed this year that made me so happy. Yeah, lakorns got repetitive with their storylines and “koo-Jin”. This year, I’m only planning on watching one or two lakorns, hopefully it doesn’t disappoint much. Lol. What Cdramas are you currently watching?

roselovesice

lol, I love how you’re burnt out from lakorns, Katelyn bc I’m super burnt out from cdramas :pancarta:
I’ve been watching one too many (well, tried to) cdramas the past few years and I’m just bored now. I think I just haven’t found one that is enough to capture my attention. I recently finished Love in the Flames Of war and finally finished The Autumn Ballad after 4 months. They had potential but oh my gosh, the amount of times I wanted to quit. LOL I just hate how a lot of cdramas are so poorly executed nowadays, at least the xianxia/Wuxia/republican ones. I haven’t really been watching any modern cdramas tho but I am excited to watch two new upcoming cdramas. I hadread the novels for them and is excited to finally have a cdrama I know I’ll enjoy to watch. lol but I’ve been back to watching some lakorns as of late, esp rewatching the old ones. Dang, I miss old lakorns. lol but as of current, I’m just waiting for jialun’s reunion with songyun. I have faith it’ll happen one of these days :p And I still haven’t finish this drama LOL

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
@roselovesice
I'm not burnt out of Cdramas yet since I watch Kdramas as well. For Cdramas, I have too many that I'm looking forward to like Thousands Years For You, Legend of Anle, The Longest Promise and many others. I will be watching Love Like The Galaxy because I love Wu Lei. I recommend Joy of Life and Sword Snow Stride if you haven't seen them. I don't have much interest in modern Cdramas. As for Kdramas, I've seen some really amazing ones like Bulgasal Immortal Souls, Tomorrow and Business Proposal. I'm currently watching Alchemy of Souls.

roselovesice

Oh, that's nice! You have a good balance. :) I don't frequent Kdramas. I normally would only watch 1-2 a year, or sometimes even none. I tried watching A Business Proposal since I read the webtoon but never finished the drama bc it was just so bad. lol
I like a lot C-actors/actresses but if they storyline doesn't sound good to me, I would not watch it. lol A lot of the modern cdramas are a hit or miss. They don't really put out any good ones, usually just the idol ones that have the same storyline and same actor/actress that plays the same roles. It becomes boring and cringey after awhile. :( But I'm definitely excited for "Love Between Fairy and Devil (Cang Lan Jue)" and "Love You Seven Times." These two are the novels that I read. I'm excited but scare since drama adaptations are usually similar but also way off with their 40+ episodes. lol