❤️ Various ET News

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Matsujun's was very sadistic like he had pleasure torturing the kids in his school and treating them like Toys and he had NO forgiving value about him. There was nothing human whithin him. The atmosphere in his house looked like a luxurious icy prison. He's a real oligarch like the ones ruling the world now. For me HYD magic lies in the evolution of Domyoji without losing his own "flavour" and Matsujun's eyes spoke volume making that character such a layered treat.

I tried it and did not care for the story I got bored.

The Kdrama sold me on the 2nd pairing storyline

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
Matsujun's was very sadistic like he had pleasure torturing the kids in his school and treating them like Toys and he had NO forgiving value about him. There was nothing human whithin him. The atmosphere in his house looked like a luxurious icy prison. He's a real oligarch like the ones ruling the world now. For me HYD magic lies in the evolution of Domyoji without losing his own "flavour" and Matsujun's eyes spoke volume making that character such a layered treat.
I felt the manga Domyouji was a lot worse though. Like, straight up scary and dangerous which is probably why I didn't find Matsujun's too mean (though I may be remembering wrong). They definitely toned him down a bit in the drama. I don't remember him assaulting her in the drama like he did in the manga either (other drama versions kept that bit in).

The Taiwanese version is probably closest to the source material (at least for the first season). But like you said, Matsujun's Domyouji is the best. Heck, he had the Domyouji aura (Arashi members used to call him do-s) even before he played the character (despite wanting to play Rui), which is probably why he did it so well.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
The whole Hana Yori Dango story is very suited to Thai lakorn style. I actually expect them to do it well since they're so good at abusive male leads.

Looking at the first trailer though, Domyouji doesn't seem that violent or mean. Matsujun wasn't really either though.
I felt the manga Domyouji was a lot worse though. Like, straight up scary and dangerous which is probably why I didn't find Matsujun's too mean (though I may be remembering wrong). They definitely toned him down a bit in the drama. I don't remember him assaulting her in the drama like he did in the manga either (other drama versions kept that bit in).

The Taiwanese version is probably closest to the source material (at least for the first season). But like you said, Matsujun's Domyouji is the best. Heck, he had the Domyouji aura (Arashi members used to call him do-s) even before he played the character (despite wanting to play Rui), which is probably why he did it so well.
He did not assault her himself but he pushed her classmates to do it. He was so powerful he was encouraging people around him to do horrible things. He got a lot in hospital or maybe dead (it is not mentionned but with his family he could get away with everything). Domyoji journey in the drama is something. Also it is nice how Makino could learn and sometimes become stronger more "Woman" through him (1st as an ennemy and then as a lover/husband).
I remember that he wanted to play Rui but the director of the drama saw Domyoji in him cause of his eyes. I think the term they used to describe them was : savage if I am not wrong.
Bright gives me that cold hearted sadistic vibe. Let's see how he performs in the drama.
Jerry might be closer but his acting is mediocre imo and he has never grown up as an actor. He is still stuck in that phase at 40+

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
He did not assault her himself but he pushed her classmates to do it. He was so powerful he was encouraging people around him to do horrible things. He got a lot in hospital or maybe dead (it is not mentionned but with his family he could get away with everything). Domyoji journey in the drama is something. Also it is nice how Makino could learn and sometimes become stronger more "Woman" through him (1st as an ennemy and then as a lover/husband).
I remember that he wanted to play Rui but the director of the drama saw Domyoji in him cause of his eyes. I think the term they used to describe them was : savage if I am not wrong.
Bright gives me that cold hearted sadistic vibe. Let's see how he performs in the drama.
Jerry might be closer but his acting is mediocre imo and he has never grown up as an actor. He is still stuck in that phase at 40+
The weakest adaptation of hana yori dango manga was Boys over flowers,though it is the most watched out of all the adaptations.Out of the entire cast of boys over flowers, Gu Hye Sun was the weakest actor. She acted like autistic in some scenes and was expresionless in many scenes where she was required to emote. Barbie and Inoue Mao are way above her when it comes to acting.

mayag

sarNie Adult
The weakest adaptation of hana yori dango manga was Boys over flowers,though it is the most watched out of all the adaptations.Out of the entire cast of boys over flowers, Gu Hye Sun was the weakest actor. She acted like autistic in some scenes and was expresionless in many scenes where she was required to emote. Barbie and Inoue Mao are way above her when it comes to acting.
I agree. I couldn't stand her acting. :BangHead:
I usually find the leads' acting in Korean dramas either extremely cringe-worthy or quite plain, so I stay away from them. The movies are much more bearable and have interesting plots.

The actors in the Thai version look like babies!! Or maybe I'm just getting old lmao. I'm looking forward to it. Knowing how popular the series is, at least from the trailer it looks like they've put in some real effort to appeal to international audiences. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
The assault scene I was talking about was not the classmate one (though the classmate assault bit is in the manga too). There is a scene in the manga where he founds out she likes Rui, gets angry and attacks her. Most versions keep it in. I'm glad the j-version took it out.

I was meaning Meteor Garden as a whole followed the story the closest, not Jerry lol. Jerry had no intensity at all. Matsujun is the closest to the manga but still not as scary. Though thinking about it, I may be thinking this way because I became a fan if Arashi and Matsujun before I watched the drama. So I went into it knowing what he's like so he didn't seem scary to me.

I've never watched Bright, but I actually think Pon Nawasch would also make an excellent Domyouji. He legit gave me Domyouji vibes in his lakorn with Bua.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I didn't care for the drama....though I love reading most manga.

I only saw BOF and finished for the 2nd couple.....I watched up to part 11 and lost interest.

I tried the other version and couldn't get into it.

I'm tired of the typical tropes......once in awhile it will click ....

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
The whole Hana Yori Dango story is very suited to Thai lakorn style. I actually expect them to do it well since they're so good at abusive male leads.

Looking at the first trailer though, Domyouji doesn't seem that violent or mean. Matsujun wasn't really either though.

He did not assault her himself but he pushed her classmates to do it. He was so powerful he was encouraging people around him to do horrible things. He got a lot in hospital or maybe dead (it is not mentionned but with his family he could get away with everything). Domyoji journey in the drama is something. Also it is nice how Makino could learn and sometimes become stronger more "Woman" through him (1st as an ennemy and then as a lover/husband)
BOF was a piece of poop and lee Min Ho remained a constipated actor

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid

He did not assault her himself but he pushed her classmates to do it. He was so powerful he was encouraging people around him to do horrible things. He got a lot in hospital or maybe dead (it is not mentionned but with his family he could get away with everything). Domyoji journey in the drama is something. Also it is nice how Makino could learn and sometimes become stronger more "Woman" through him (1st as an ennemy and then as a lover/husband)
BOF was a piece of poop and lee Min Ho remained a constipated actor
I didn't care for the drama....though I love reading most manga.

I only saw BOF and finished for the 2nd couple.....I watched up to part 11 and lost interest.

I tried the other version and couldn't get into it.

I'm tired of the typical tropes......once in awhile it will click ....
Some people does not like the storyline and I understand. At 1st I was bleh about the Jdrama but with each episode they managed to draw into their universe and I loved the actors chemistry

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Congrats to Pepper UHT who got married this weekend. His wife is pretty. His wife got 39 million baht in money, 5 million baht in gold, and 50 million baht in land. Lucky girl!

Are they both actors? Or one is hiso?

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
What's this news about ice preechaya?
Did she borrow money for the cosmetic surgery? There was a blind regarding that
Gold and land, very good investment there. Smart girl

From the post it said someone impersonate her and tricked men and others to give the person money supposedly for cosmetic surgery.
Oh.. Thanks:)

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Congrats to Pepper UHT who got married this weekend. His wife is pretty. His wife got 39 million baht in money, 5 million baht in gold, and 50 million baht in land. Lucky girl!

Congratulation Pepper ! Gorgeous woman ! But he looks a lil bloated here

spanky

sarNie OldFart
@preetam

I did enjoyed 1-13? Of BOF......

I don't like the dragged on of push and pull and misunderstanding.... it's annoying...

I don't like long dramas /lakorn in general.....3rd quarter suffers....I have always ffw.

There is a few drama I barely ffw and even fewer that I don't at all

Hahaha....I don't have the patience for long drawn out things

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Are they both actors? Or one is hiso?
Pepper UHT or Pepper Rattasart is a former boyband member and actor. Do you know Captain Phutanate? Well, Pepper used to be in a boy band named UHT and he was bandmates with Captain and DJ Eaky. UHT was a huge hit among youth in the 90's. Captain was the only one who really made it big as an actor out of the rest of the band. Pepper is most famous for being the p'ek in the original version of Leh Ratree. He starred in only a handful of lakorns and ended up furthering his education and got a PhD and worked as a professor. He also was a director for the website sanook.com and helped managed the LINE app.