❤️ Various ET News

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I hope she gets a good pek this time. Preferably someone she hasn't paired with. I would love to see her with a top pek since she barely gets top peks. Let me add in a good production too!
I’m hoping it’s one of the top stars that she hasn’t paired with before too but most of them are booked! James Ji has two so he’s full, Nadech has two so he’s full. Great said he has another one besides Plerng Payu so I’m really hoping and praying it’s him! I really don’t see why Ch3 hasn’t done something with those two yet since they’re both treated horribly lol

If it’s not someone new then the possibilities are a bit more open. Mario is all booked, Boy is all booked, and Pope’s whole schedule is just messed up and unorganized so no clue on him and what he’s actually signed to do. The guys that are available are James Ma cause he only has one with Mew, Mark since he only has the one with Taew, and Alek is open as well. Sucks that so many of them are full! I’m just hoping it’s not another non A lister. She needs to work with someone a bit more popular.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Based off Steph's interview, it doesn't seem like she will be returning to acting for a while. She still has a contract with Ch7 and said she still goes to their events and what not. She said her passion and love has always been to help people with her fitness and now she has more customers. She said back then, she didn't have as many so he was able to do lakorns too. Now its a bit different. She said it doesn't mean that she is completely finished with lakorns but she is going with the flow. She's not a person that likes to plan long term.

To me, it sounds like she might just finish off her contract with them and then not resign and do what she really loves. I mean we may just get one last lakorn but it does sound like she doesn't really have as much time to do lakorns. She said she did the movie because movies don't take as much time and don't have as much filming as lakorns.

Last edited:

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
Supporting cast don’t get paid much, that is why they need to keep working.
If they are lucky they get mega blockbuster like BPS which allow them some event deals.

So I don’t blame them if they are in almost every lakorn. Even the praek and na’ek are not that highly paid. It’s not C-Drama, K-Drama kind of deals. If they are with CH3 events sponsors will boost their income.
do you have any information as to how much Thai actors are paid? There are a few sites which published this but they don't seem be accurate.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I don't know why people keep saying Mint barely gets top pra'ek. She starred with Mark, James Ma, Boy Pakorn, Pope, and Mario. I think these guys are considered top in the Thai ET although some of their acting is not top notch.
She doesn’t get them anymore is what people are mad at. Her last A-lister was James Ma in 2017 and it wasn’t even a good drama. Plus her drama with Pope was like almost 10 years ago and her dramas with Boy and Mario were 5 years ago. Its 2020, almost about to be 2021. Almost 4 years without another top p’ek to act with is unacceptable in my eyes.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
She doesn’t get them anymore is what people are mad at. Her last A-lister was James Ma in 2017 and it wasn’t even a good drama. Plus her drama with Pope was like almost 10 years ago and her dramas with Boy and Mario were 5 years ago. Its 2020, almost about to be 2021. Almost 4 years without another top p’ek to act with is unacceptable in my eyes.
I agree and also the lakorn with Pope, she was the second lead. They’ve never even had their own lakorn. She has paired up with guys like Bomb and Top who are now slowly becoming the second male lead.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
They treat all the other A-listers well besides her which is weird cause it’s not like she’s not popular or something. She has a good sized FC that have been loyal to her for years so it’s just puzzling. Well I feel like Bow deserves the push. She basically is getting the same treatment as Kao but she didn’t start off with supporting and just got n’ek right away. She’s talented, has the star power, personality, looks, and popularity for it so it’s a no brainer. She’s far above lots of their other girls her age at Ch3 in my opinion.
My opinion about Mint Chalida : She is replaceable as an actress. Her vibe and aura just pales compared to the likes of Yaya, Bella or even Kim (I an not necessarly fan of her acting) and Mew (an very limited actress imo). Nothing is grabbing or striking about Mint . She is just there. Maybe she should try and play a Nang Rai role to add more spice to that invisibility and why not try and be Rai just for a change ? Or maybe she should try a role like YongPal or anything that would make people sympathise with her. She played 2nd twice to Yaya and Kim

Last edited:

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
My opinion about Mint Chalida : She is replaceable as an actress. Her vibe and aura just pales compared to the likes of Yaya, Bella or even Kim (I an not necessarly fan of her acting) and Mew (an very limited actress imo). Nothing is grabbing or striking about Mint . She is just there
I was recommended mint's lakorn when I had just started watching lakorns. I couldn't watch beyond one episode. I find her very ordinary with a long high bridge nose. I only notice her nose whenever I see her face.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Mint is one of those actresses that is given roles only within their comfort zone. Idk if it's the manager or the channel that doesn't give her more challenging roles. She needs a role that makes her look rai but she's doing it to survive type of vibe.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
No matter how great of an actor you maybe be.... you can't out act a bad script.

The ch
has control of the scripts and pairing. Now & sammy also don't get good pairings or scripts. Maybe 3 of their lakorn was decent.

I seen mint in drama and I enjoyed her in 3. -4 of her lakorns. She said she has to try harder than most and welcome constructive criticism and seek to improve. She can't improve with the dame scripts.

Actors "talents" is apparent by the scripts and the eye of the beholder. To some some are whatever. I'm whatever to Bow M. I don't find her special or more talented. She got good scripts.
It is all hoe we vibe with ppl

Moo_the_best_cow

sarNie Juvenile
I actually finished 4 of Mint's lakorns, including Tawan Duerd where she played second lead with Pope and her lakorns with James Ma and Mario so I definitely think she isn't a bad actress. She's actually a decent one that needs something more challenging to impress the audience.
No matter how great of an actor you maybe be.... you can't out act a bad script.

The ch
has control of the scripts and pairing. Now & sammy also don't get good pairings or scripts. Maybe 3 of their lakorn was decent.

I seen mint in drama and I enjoyed her in 3. -4 of her lakorns. She said she has to try harder than most and welcome constructive criticism and seek to improve. She can't improve with the dame scripts.

Actors "talents" is apparent by the scripts and the eye of the beholder. To some some are whatever. I'm whatever to Bow M. I don't find her special or more talented. She got good scripts.
It is all hoe we vibe with ppl
Yes Bow did get some good scripts, but not all the time. Hong Neur Mongkorn 2017's script was excellent and was my first lakorn of hers. For me, her acting there was not the best but it's very decent for a newbie and I could sympathize with the emotions she radiated. On the other hand, she got bad scripts too. Pachara Montra (with Weir) and Mon Garn Bandan Ruk (with Mik) are the examples. Both storylines were dull and didn't progress smoothly at all. However, the chemistry was so good that people could just stick around for pranang's scenes. Her acting in both lakorns improved significantly, at some point was very natural. What I love about her is she's shown she can improve and is willing to challenge herself. But like you said, you gotta be given good opportunity to prove that.
So yes, she got good peks but I might have to disagree that she got all good scripts. Anyway that's me finishing 8 of her lakorns because I find her enjoyable to watch, and frankly she's my type lol. That being said I respect your opinions about her, just showing everyone can have different opinions and choices of favorite actresses.