sarNie Oldmaid
Mew Nittha IG update: violence is not the answer
thisa: freedom of speech/expression

In reference to ongoing protests in Thailand for democracy

Check #whatshappeninginthailand hashtag for more info

Last edited:

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
They could be talking about Kem/ Mookda/Tyfoon?? Tyfoon is pek in evening lakorns, idk if they are friends. Just a wild guess. Haha
Oooohhhh I remember Mookda and Tyfoon were rumored to be talking to each other before the SW fever lol

^thea^

sarNie Egg
Add on nk is the lead actress

Pk is the lead actor

Daras means celebrities

Nang rai - villian

Nang long - 2nd supporting actress
Thank u ☺

Btw talking about the rumors, I saw the news about Mookwarrit, her ex-bf and Gina. But i don't know Gina is lead actress or supporting. And in that post it is mentioned that an actor is not an artist

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Thank u ☺

Btw talking about the rumors, I saw the news about Mookwarrit, her ex-bf and Gina. But i don't know Gina is lead actress or supporting. And in that post it is mentioned that an actor is not an artist
Is it Gina Yeena? Sorry lol a lot of Thai celebs and it can be confusing lol

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
They could be talking about Kem/ Mookda/Tyfoon?? Tyfoon is pek in evening lakorns, idk if they are friends. Just a wild guess. Haha
Yes, but the same time they said the pek is pretty famous so I don’t think it’s Tyfoon. But some of the clues does sound like Kem and Mook.

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
Ive seen many tweets called out the A listers celebrities : aum, chompoo, nadech, yaya davikah, lisa, nickhun for not posting anything about the current issues. It seems that a lof of them decided to ban and unfollow these stars for not showing their protest openly

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Ive seen many tweets called out the A listers celebrities : aum, chompoo, nadech, yaya davikah, lisa, nickhun for not posting anything about the current issues. It seems that a lof of them decided to ban and unfollow these stars for not showing their protest openly
Same thing happens in the Philippines but it is like they force idols to speak up. Let them speak up if they want to maybe they have a protocol not to engage in such issues openly. I understand that it is a big influence if they speak up but there could be consecquences as well (especially Lisa it might affect BP comeback) Like we can support the protest in our own ways and encourage to speak and not just forcing them to speak out and threaten to unfollow. They dont need to announce their departure.

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
Each celebrity has his/ her causes to support. They cannot be forced to take a stand or be vocal about something they don't want to.. we should respect individual freedom . Any stand they take on social media might affect their work. If their work get harmed, who is going to compensate them? So, let them have rights to stay quiet on political topics if they want to..

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
I'm guessing mint and her brothers are also being "cornered" into posting about it seeing how her brothers all made posts about it around the same time?

I don't know it's a very sensitive topic. I can understand why these celebrities choose not to speak up bc their livelihood is on the line if they do bc for all we know maybe they're held back by contracts legally, channel, and etc from getting involved in politics.

Personally, I wish they would use their platforms to bring attention to something of this gravity but these celebs maybe don't believe in the cause either and that's why they're starting quiet. I get being used to a monarchy that only you've known of, like they worship these leaders, get on their knees in their presence-- kind of hard to maybe want change since they're used to it. I do feel for the protesters tho, and I hope they stay strong. Being from America, where so many people don't use their right to vote and where we do have the freedom of speech--it makes you think how privileged we are despite how crazy and sad the state of our society is in right now--we still have our rights to choose and speak against those in power while these people don't and are fighting for their right to do so.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Show how incompetent and fatitious the current monarch is ! I mean what can you expect from a spoiled man who dared exposed his wife body to the public ?

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Yup...many...I am fortunate to be in usa ....and we can talk shit online all we want without prosecution and risk 12 + yrs of jail time when you go against the government.

Many places in Asia and Europe still has these restrictions

I was born in the refugee camp.....many usa people are spoiled.....

I wish them all the best...but I don't think anyone should be force to post....unless they want to disappear and lose their career like joy Sirluk. They can support it in a different way....donate money to the organization ......anonymously or do a simple post of them wishing for peace and understanding.

Om posted that violence is not the answer/solution....

For me....I feel certain things should be separate. I.E. sports....(I'm not a sport watcher) but I feel ppl should play the sport and not use it as a political platform. Just play the game. I also feel that they should do that in their own person time to express it. Outside of the job. Unfortunately for Asian ET. There is too many ramifications when they try to express it outside of work.

I.e. BTS is now Ban in china....because of RM speech....which I saw nothing wrong with it.

China is the king of the cancel culture ....the lead from untamed was canceled cuz of overzealous fan (posting exotic BL stories). It became his fault and he lost work.

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
Celebrities being involved in politics is a double-edged sword. Speak up and people will say stay out of things you don't know about. Keep quiet and people will say you need to use your influence for good.
Are they really expecting Lisa and Nickhun to say something? Like both don't live in Thailand and are living in Korea full time... They haven't really experienced the current condition of Thailand. Nickhun and Lisa also only lived in Thailand until their early teenage years. They don't know much about Thai politics. Plus BP just released an album and they're super busy with promotions. I highly doubt Lisa even has time to call her family let alone catch up on news.

sugar12

sarNie Hatchling
My personal opinion is that because you have that platform to speak up about injustices and whats happening you should use it. Show that you stand against injustices, you see, you hear the voices of the opressee. It's not about getting political its about doing and upholding whats right, morals and values. People are literally getting their humanity stripped away from them. And if they see that their sponsorship and contracts are being put on the line then that just shows what they value.

But at the same time there are different ways to support the cause, just because we don't see it online, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. So at the same time I dont want to make any assumptions.

bit

sarNie Adult
I like how Mew approach it, she posted ' violance is not the way' , while it doesn't show which bias she sits on (Monarchy or students protester) it however she show she is against the brutal force the police is using against the protester.

This monarch is really something else, it's no wonder Thai are up in arms about his reign.

Most artist wouldn't dare to touch about the subject considering most TV channel has some sort of royal engagement. It's like killing your career.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
People are probably like that with Lisa and Khun bc they are more internationally known and receive so much love and support for their people in Thailand so I'm sure there's some sense of entitlement from fans you know. Like we love you and support you so much from your home country, the least you can do is spread awareness.

Let me just say I believe staying silent for celebrities, although I'm not for it, might be best for time. You see like with the China-Hong Kong issue and how that Liu Yu Fei actress replied so stupidly in response to police brutality that is better to shut up if you're going to say something that stupid. Lol or like Jackson who ditched his proud of being from Hong Kong for money by support China on the police brutality issue. Like it's best to just hush.

In America, everything is politics involved. From covid to religion to sports--politics are always in play.

What happened with Joy Sirluk?

Moo_the_best_cow

sarNie Juvenile
Yeah I also think that we shouldn't force anyone to speak up because this is an extremely serious matter. They should speak up if they feel like it because their statements may affect them later on. Of course having a huge platform helps spread the messages faster but yes we should respect individual freedom. That being said, I'm glad to see young influencers' awareness of these political situations.
http://instagr.am/p/CGcM8ZWJb9M/

forgotusername

Miksmouse
Yeah I also think that we shouldn't force anyone to speak up because this is an extremely serious matter. They should speak up if they feel like it because their statements may affect them later on. Of course having a huge platform helps spread the messages faster but yes we should respect individual freedom. That being said, I'm glad to see young influencers' awareness of these political situations.
http://instagr.am/p/CGcM8ZWJb9M/
Yes proud of Bow, wanted to see if Mik was gonna follow suit but he hasn't been active much these days. I miss Mik and My favorite couple.

Som123

sarNie Hatchling
Celebrities being involved in politics is a double-edged sword. Speak up and people will say stay out of things you don't know about. Keep quiet and people will say you need to use your influence for good.

Are they really expecting Lisa and Nickhun to say something? Like both don't live in Thailand and are living in Korea full time... They haven't really experienced the current condition of Thailand. Nickhun and Lisa also only lived in Thailand until their early teenage years. They don't know much about Thai politics. Plus BP just released an album and they're super busy with promotions. I highly doubt Lisa even has time to call her family let alone catch up on news.
Nickhun just tweeted something about this issue and the thai netz still bash him for not helping as he only mentioned about the violence and wish people to keep safe lol. This is crazyyy.

I feel like these top stars Yaya, nadech, davika, aum prefer to stay silent mainly because they have a lot of ads deals under their belt. Its different from the other celebs who i think have a lot more freedom as theyre not tied to many deals. One wrong step taken theyll lose their job. I believe we shouldnt be pressured to speak up. They fight for human right but at the same time they denied these dara's right for choosing to stay silent

Last edited: