❤️ Various ET News

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Agreed, they don't have to post something in support of monarch reform if they are afraid of the repercussion, but at least say something about the brutal force against innocent lives/ without weapon mostly young student/adult who are actually large part of the consumer group who supported the artist.

To post your picture happily indulging in your wealth while people are being sprayed with water cannon and losing job is tone deaf. The PR way in Thailand should be posting about your merit making activities if you are so afraid to sit on that fence of having opinion.
When you think you are too big then you post pictures of yoursel half naked or in bikini while maybe loads of your fans are fighting for their right.

pikachu

sarNie Egg
I guess I’m in the minority. I strongly believe that people with a large platform- celebs, influencers, etc. Should speak out during moments like this. I wouldn’t force them or harass them into making a statement by commenting on their social media accounts. But I would unfollow them and stop supporting them.

I also believe that posts calling them out (as long as they are not abusive, threatening, etc.) are completely acceptable. Stars (and their fans) love it when people make posts praising them, since it benefits them, so they should also accept the criticism. It’s hypocritical to only be ok with positive posts then say, “don’t mention them!”, when it comes to negative ones.

If it’s like that, they should just say, don’t mention me at all wether it’s good or bad, but they don’t because they know the importance of having a strong social media presence for their career.

At the end of the day stars make their money from the love and support of the public. They may think that their silence is neutrality but it’s the complete opposite. They have made their stance clear and if it leads to boycotts then so be it.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
There's several reasons Dara's will not point blank make an outright stand on politics. No matter what their opinion is, they'll get bashed and potentially banned.

It has to do with their current contracts with their sponsors, contacts and network. Anything they say or do can step on someone's foot. Not a good idea because that means losing money/fame. It's a lose/lose situation for them.

No Dara who ever spoke up was praised for voicing their political views.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I saw that nichkhun spoke about the protests on Twitter and that it got lots of attention so I’m glad finally one of the bigger stars known internationally spoke up in their defense. Even if he might have been pushed to do it, this probably means the world to the protesters. As a Muslim, I understand how it feels to be ignored by the mass media when our community tries to get them to speak out in the majorly disgusting treatment of the Uighur Muslims in China. Its so insanely frustrating fighting for something sooo important and just being ignored by major media and so many of your countries high profile celebrities. As a person who’s motherland has also been in immense turmoil for so long, I really truly understand how the protester feel seeing people with the ability and power to help make some change , whether it be big or small, in their country do absolutely nothing :( Very frustrating and upsetting situation for all. Hope everything will work itself out. Sending peace and love to all the protesters and hoping they stay safe <3

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
@pikachu i agree with you! I am definitely way more sympathetic with the protesters and those criticizing them for good reason. I can understand why the stars choose to not speak up but I'm not in favor for it either. There's not speaking on the issue and there's blatantly ignoring the issue too. I get celebrities probably make money on endorsements posts on IG but for you to still just be posting pics of you vacationing going about your daily life while being asked to speak will have me with your fans who are criticizing you. Let's be honest, these big time celebrities even if they speak out and lose big deals they still are rich as hell, they won't be losing much. If they're popular asf like chompoo, yaya, nadech, Lisa and etc-- they will still have a source of income no matter what and should have money to fall back on. You can feel for them bc it's their profession at stake but that's about it.

Even if you don't believe in the cause, speak about the need to end the police brutality being used. Like you have netizen monarchy supporters beating up these protesters too. How can you not want to add your voice with your platform? At the end it is a double edge sword for them. Morals vs Pay and many are going to choose their source of income

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Joy S got canceled for involving herself in politics.....she got no work and was outcast. She pretty much disappeared. She get scrap of work here and there.

I feel at the end they are human being who has a job...they can also risk losing their job ....they like many might not have anything to fall on.

During the pandemic many dara was doing side jobs to earn money. They only earn money for the work they do....they don't earn no money if they don't work.

I'm very fortunate to live in THE USA. I FEEL MANY ppl in the USA have no idea of the struggles in Asia and Europe..

I feel they damn if they do and damn if they don't. Even in here the usa many ppl are afraid to speak up ....the court of public opinion is fierce.

Many in thai are doing a simple post of violence isn't the answers....at the end I get it if they don't...they are also just want to do their job/career and live....yes their life is a lil more luxurious than ours but it is theirs. Doing do (political opinions) will be a career suicide. Didn't that host get fired for a political opinion....

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
They will never win against the public. You speak up, you lose your income and legalities may occur. You don't speak up, people will harrass you to do so.
Whatever people post on IG despite the situation is already beyond our control since basically their account, their rules and sometimes handled by PR.

I even thought that since it is monarchy they are like worshipping people but they are humans after all and has flaws.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
They will never win against the public. You speak up, you lose your income and legalities may occur. You don't speak up, people will harrass you to do so.
Whatever people post on IG despite the situation is already beyond our control since basically their account, their rules and sometimes handled by PR.

I even thought that since it is monarchy they are like worshipping people but they are humans after all and has flaws.
Yup...just because you have a platform you're not obligated or owe anything to anyone.

Is it nice to have the platform and use it....sure....but there is lots of things that goes on with it...are you going to add political activist as your occupation..? If you will add on activist then you'll bare the consequences of career suicide.

As a big platform...I feel putting forth positivity will benefit lots of ppl.

I see a lot of these platform who use it to speak but provide misinformation. I feel unless you're fully educated in certain subjects... you can mislead many ppl ...

I work at a public school and I seperate myself from all of it.

I can still get entertain/enjoy an actor or singer that has a different view as I. I'm enjoying their talented work and not necessarily them as a person. I can see separate that....

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Uh they're not hanging out again are they??? I hope not. Girl deserves better. No offense to her but if he didn't treat her well the first time around, it don't need another shot haha
I think they just happened to be at the same event together. I saw that news too. She deserves better than him. I doubt she’d go back, she doesn’t even follow him but he still follows her .

bit

sarNie Adult
Uh they're not hanging out again are they??? I hope not. Girl deserves better. No offense to her but if he didn't treat her well the first time around, it don't need another shot haha
They just happen to be at the same even seated at the same row, other than that both act like total strangers with each other.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Thisa isn't particularly good at choosing men is she
Gun was trash but does she have a track record for choosing bad men? I don’t think she’s been in a relationship with anyone publicly since him right? I believe Mik was trying to get with her and they didn’t really go anywhere and the same with Punjan. It seems she’s very careful now a days with who she chooses to actually date.

forgotusername

Miksmouse
Gun was trash but does she have a track record for choosing bad men? I don’t think she’s been in a relationship with anyone publicly since him right? I believe Mik was trying to get with her and they didn’t really go anywhere and the same with Punjan. It seems she’s very careful now a days with who she chooses to actually date.
Baby, rejecting Mik?? Yes that is very bad and that makes her the worst at choosing men I don't make the rules.

On another note, gun was cheating on her during their relationship, choosing to stay regardless is, to me, a bad decision, you don't choose to stay with someone who keeps disrespecting you like that and not be bad at choosing men.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Thisa ain't this point, a man would be lucky if he can get inside her little bubble. She seems very careful, if anything, her relationship with her ex Gun probably taught her to be even more cautious or have her use it as a reason to stay away from getting too chummy beyond the friendship level with people in the same entertainment industry. Maybe some high-so later on in life when she's done with acting lol

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Baby, rejecting Mik?? Yes that is very bad and that makes her the worst at choosing men I don't make the rules.

On another note, gun was cheating on her during their relationship, choosing to stay regardless is, to me, a bad decision, you don't choose to stay with someone who keeps disrespecting you like that and not be bad at choosing men.
Well just cause someone is a good person doesn’t exactly mean they’re the right person for you. Some people just are better off as friends rather than being in a romantic relationship with them so I don’t really think that makes her bad at choosing men. So rejecting Mik isn’t a bad thing to me. Better than leading him on cause now he’s happy with someone who loves him as well. And Thisa was way younger when she was with Gun. I think that’s a very common situation for women her age. Clearly she finally let him go and is now very careful with who she chooses to spend her life with. I don’t think one relationship with a bad guy really shows that she’s bad at choosing men. If anything she seems a bit more careful with her personal life than lots of daras around her.