17 Facts About Shah Rukh Khan's Life That Will Make You Respect Him Even More

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
17 Facts About Shah Rukh Khan's Life That Will Make You Respect Him Even More
 ​
 ​

The more you say about Shah Rukh Khan, the less it is. One look at his journey so far, and you will be awe-inspired with his story, with what he has made of his life. A young Delhi boy nobody knew existed arrived in Mumbai and changed the face of cinema forever, and went on to rule the Indian film industry like nobody ever has! Whether you love his films or not, there can be no denying that SRK has been a role model for the Indian youth for years with his inspiring success. And, here we bring to you 17 lesser known facts about his life that will make you respect him even more!

1. There aren’t many men who have tasted success like SRK has. He happens to be the 2nd richest actor in the world. That makes him richer than the most famous Hollywood actors like Tom Cruise, Clint Eastwood, Tom Hanks and many others. His wealth is estimated to be $600 million, according to a study by Wealth X.

2. Shah Rukh Khan always wanted to serve the country by joining the Indian Army, but destiny had other plans for him, bigger plans!

3. Shah Rukh Khan’s grandmother (nani) adopted him because she never had a son. Shah Rukh Khan lived with her till he was 5-6 years old, after which he started living with his parents.

4. If you were to look at Shah Rukh Khan’s personal life, you’d realize he is the King of romance even in real life. He was just 18 when he met his wife Gauri for the first time, fell in love and they have been married for almost 23 years now!

5. Shah Rukh Khan deserves a grand salute for the way he has brought up his kids, the values he has instilled in them. Even though SRK is Islamic in belief, he celebrates other religious festivals, like Diwali too, with equal vigour. He organizes Lakshmi Puja at his residence every year and celebrates Christmas too. SRK has taught his kids to treat all religions alike.

6. Shah Rukh Khan is very attached to his house Mannat. It is said that he bought it because it had a beautiful prayer room. And, he has also gone on record to say that even if he were broke, he would never sell Mannat.

7. Shah Rukh Khan’s Hindi wasn’t very strong when he was in school. His mother once told him that if he scored well, she’d take him to watch a movie. He loved watching movies so much, he went on to score great marks in Hindi from thereon.

8. As a child, Shah Rukh Khan threw a stone at a neighbour’s kid and broke his teeth. Later that night, the neighbour came looking for SRK with a knife in one hand, in a drunken state. Shah Rukh Khan’s dad made him confront the neighbour even though he could have harmed SRK. SRK handled the situation tactfully by apologizing.

9. Shah Rukh Khan is not just a great actor, but also one of the wittiest men ever. He’s smart, intelligent and well read. He loves to read and often spends hours in libraries reading.

10. Hema Malini and Harry Baweja offered SRK films when they saw his performance in Fauji and Circus, but Shah Rukh Khan declined the offers because he wasn’t too keen on taking acting professionally.

11. His father died when he was 15. He was just 25 when he lost his mother too. Most of us wouldn’t know what to do with our lives without our parents’ guidance but SRK took control of his life and steered it towards the right direction, all by himself.

12. SRK has always been an achiever. When he was young, he played Cricket at zonal and national level. He was also the captain of his school’s football and hockey teams.

13. He has been honoured with UNESCO’s Pyramide con Marni award for helping educate the children of India. He is the first Indian to have won the award.

14. After his mother’s death, Shah Rukh Khan came to Mumbai to make it big in the movies. And, he signed five films back to back in a single day, before he started out his career in Bollywood.

15. Shah Rukh Khan had his own share of struggles too. Before becoming the biggest Bollywood superstar, there was a time when SRK ran a dhaba at Daryaganj, Delhi.

16. The first salary he ever received in his life was at a Pankaj Udhas concert. He worked as a usurer and earned Rs. 50. Do you know what he did with that money? He bought a train ticket to Agra to see the Taj Mahal.

17. He stood at the booking window of a theatre and sold tickets for his own movie ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ when it released. He was paid just Rs. 25,000 for being a part of that film.

Cr:www.mensxp.com

Step

Mrs James Ma
Thank you so much for this. I had read this before but reading it again make me proud of him :spin:

Step

Mrs James Ma
More information about SRK's Mannat (his bungalow name, it means 'wish')
  • About a decade ago, on a late night-or an early morning (whichever way you choose to think of 3 am), Shah Rukh Khan was driving along Bandstand, Bandra with a few friends after finishing shooting for a film. Suddenly, he spotted a large house on the sea face, a heritage bungalow. On an impulse he pointed to the bungalow and said, "I will own this one day!"
  • While his friends admired his taste, very few thought he would turn the statement into reality. He did. He worked long hours, did advertisements, danced at shows and finally bought the bungalow. Despite the fact that it was a monumental structure and where several shootings take place, he was not permitted by Maharashtra's heritage laws to change its form from the outside, Shah Rukh did not leave any stone unturned to turn his dream into reality. 
  • Maanat, Shah Rukh Khan's heritage house on the Bandra sea front is a juxtaposition of the archaic, the minimalistic and the modern. The entire house is painted in milk white, and colour is added to the house through the arrangement of curios and objects d'art.  
  • The large glass French windows have geometrical coloured paper artistically stuck on it. The drawing room has vases picked from Italy, artificial flowers from Greece, the latest Sony music system from Japan and, of course, a huge painting of a horse sketched in charcoal by M. F. Hussain on the wall.  
  •  The funky dining table with twelve chairs is fashioned from metal and wood. The staircase leading to the bar is done in wood and glass and the wall near the staircase has several photographs of the couple's close friends on various trips. "I and Gauri have shopped personally for this home, each time we have gone abroad. The involvement of an interior designer has been kept to the minimum," says Shah Rukh. "We have only used a designer to help us plan the space."   
  •  The bar and the sports room upstairs are meant for Shah Rukh's relaxing moments, or when the couple entertains. The billiards table, the Pepsi slot machine and the huge home theatre with a slim screen on the wall, all form the star's entertainment paraphernalia. There's jukebox in the room, which owns a pride place because of Shah Rukh's passion for music. The room leads to a terrace with a sea view. Again, this area is mainly opened when the duo has several guests at a party.   
  •  Shah Rukh Khan feels that design and style are personal statements, and one has to be comfortable with them. "To me style - home style or personal style - is all about comfort. I wear the clothes I do off screen, because I am comfortable with them. Similarly, my home is the way it is because I am comfortable in it."    
  •  There are three levels to his house: the huge living room, with M F Husain paintings, other art and large windows. The second level is the private level, which has the bedrooms and the guest room. And on the top level is the study-cum-terrace, where he holds private parties for his friends. A huge home theatre, an entertainment centre and luxurious couches dominate the space, here!   
  •  Shah Rukh's home is largely white and has a huge, almost art deco staircase connecting the several levels. Furnishings picked up from across the world, antiques, art, porcelain statues, luxurious leather couches, are used as accent pieces across the home.    
  •  Right now, Khan's home is under renovation as he is adding on an apartment block right behind the main house, which is connected to the main bungalow. The block is expected to hold choreographer Farha Khan's office as well as the main kitchen, and a lounge that Shah Rukh plans to use for story sittings, besides an apartment that he is gifting to friend, director Karan Johar. "I plan to convert this entire place into a home, an office and a place where my friends can hang out and work, since I love to have my family and friends around me."

Cr IANS

Step

Mrs James Ma
His love story is like a lakorn. Gauri went back to Mumbai without even telling him, after celebrating her birthday with SRK. Cos he was too possessive about her. SRK told his mom everything. She told him to get back his love and gave 10K rupees. He along with his friend searched for her everywhere, every beach but she was not there. On the last day of their stay, he had spent almost his money, so his friend said maybe they cant find Gauri. But a cab guy told them to search in Aksa beach and she was really there. They married in 1991. How romantic.

SRK loves reading. He says that all the time. He even makes his children read books. He tells stories to AbRam, his youngest son by reading it from book so even AbRam will have this habit of reading
VILLNAN said:
4. If you were to look at Shah Rukh Khan’s personal life, you’d realize he is the King of romance even in real life. He was just 18 when he met his wife Gauri for the first time, fell in love and they have been married for almost 23 years now!
9. Shah Rukh Khan is not just a great actor, but also one of the wittiest men ever. He’s smart, intelligent and well read. He loves to read and often spends hours in libraries reading.

Step

Mrs James Ma
For me he is the best among the 3 Khans. I am not his fan but his witty, humor always catches my attention :coverlaf:

Step

Mrs James Ma
One more reason why he does not want to sell his house is Yash Raj Chopra. The one who made DDLJ happen. SRK said that he bought his home Mannat from the advance payment he got from YRF (Yash Raj Films) and he considers Yash Raj as his father figure so it's very close to him. When Yash Raj died SRK was crying continuously
VILLNAN said:
Shah Rukh Khan is very attached to his house Mannat. It is said that he bought it because it had a beautiful prayer room. And, he has also gone on record to say that even if he were broke, he would never sell Mannat.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
More reasons to love SRK even more. He seems like the perfect man. If there ever is any man like him, I wold gladly marry him. :)

Step

Mrs James Ma
Lol lucky Gauri. He married her when he was nothing. But still with her even after being successful. We see people cheating on their partner or leaving them as soon as they see some money. SRK is still loyal to his wife. There is an actress who tried to break them up but he did not cheat on Gauri :spin:
Bieluvr said:
More reasons to love SRK even more. He seems like the perfect man. If there ever is any man like him, I wold gladly marry him. :)

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Can you tell me who??

Step said:
 There is an actress who tried to break them up but he did not cheat on Gauri :spin:

He is kind of like my dad kekeke but he was not rich!

Only if he didn't smoke too much, he would be the perfect guy in the world! but still he is

I just love him <3
Bieluvr said:
Awe. That kind of man can't really exist can they?! He sounds too good to be true. :crush:

cecilia

Staff member
I adore him .. he's my REAL romancer in fantasy lol.
Love these great facts!!!! Makes me prouder than proud <3

Step

Mrs James Ma
Priyanka Chopra. She acts like classy lady but she always goes behind married men. SRK group (who are close to him) stopped working with her for sometime, they were not even used to talk to her at parties.
She has this history. Before Priyanka tried to break up Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna. But Twinkle saved her marriage. Twinkle  made Akshay promise that he will never work with her again. Since 2004, both Akshay, Twinkle dont not talk to her. 
VILLNAN said:
Can you tell me who??

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Step said:
Priyanka Chopra. She acts like classy lady but she always goes behind married men. SRK group (who are close to him) stopped working with her for sometime, they were not even used to talk to her at parties.
She has this history. Before Priyanka tried to break up Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna. But Twinkle saved her marriage. Twinkle  made Akshay promise that he will never work with her again. Since 2004, both Akshay, Twinkle dont not talk to her. 

WOW I never thought she would be like this..She look really pretty and classy like you said..Ohh Thanks Allah
He got a perfect wife!!!

Step

Mrs James Ma
She is like sweet face N'ek outside but inside she is the N'rai
VILLNAN said:
WOW I never thought she would be like this..She look really pretty and classy like you said..Ohh Thanks Allah
He got a perfect wife!!!

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Step said:
She is like sweet face N'ek outside but inside she is the N'rai

I just read about that things now  I don't think Our King was cheated on his wife
I'm pretty sure she was the one who did all of this stupid which Look like my Love was cheating!! never ever gonna watch her movie again :girlmad:

Step

Mrs James Ma
She used to stalk him at 4 am :phew: She's now have hollywood projects so she thinks she is better than other bollywood actress lol
VILLNAN said:
I just read about that things now  I don't think Our King was cheated on his wife
I'm pretty sure she was the one who did all of this stupid which Look like my Love was cheating!! never ever gonna watch her movie again :girlmad:

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Step said:
She used to stalk him at 4 am :phew: She's now have hollywood projects so she thinks she is better than other bollywood actress lol

She is hunger for men :yuck:LOL hollywood?? I don't watch hollywood.

SRK rejected hollywood movie!!!!! 

Step

Mrs James Ma
Bollywood people keep getting Hollywood offers but they dont want to be like Aishwarya Rai. Example in Pink Panther movie, we dont even know what was she doing there lol
Deepika Padukone was also offered Fast and Furious 7, she auditioned and was selected too. But at that time Farah Khan asked Deepika to act in her movie with SRK (happy new year) so Deepika chose Farah cos Deepika's first movie Om shanti om was directed by her and it's like close bond with Deepika, SRK and Farah. People warned Deepika not to reject F&F but she said friends first and chose SRK :spin: 
VILLNAN said:

She is hunger for men :yuck:LOL hollywood?? I don't watch hollywood.

SRK rejected hollywood movie!!!!! 

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Step said:
Bollywood people keep getting Hollywood offers but they dont want to be like Aishwarya Rai. Example in Pink Panther movie, we dont even know what was she doing there lol
Deepika Padukone was also offered Fast and Furious 7, she auditioned and was selected too. But at that time Farah Khan asked Deepika to act in her movie with SRK (happy new year) so Deepika chose Farah cos Deepika's first movie Om shanti om was directed by her and it's like close bond with Deepika, SRK and Farah. People warned Deepika not to reject F&F but she said friends first and chose SRK :spin:

Ohh SWEET of her. SRK offered as lead alongside with Jackie Chan
SRK and DP are going to have another movies but not confirm yet!!

Step

Mrs James Ma
Idk if that happens soon cos many wants to work with Deepika now. So she is now having projects with actors she has not worked before. But if she acts with SRK again, then they will make history together  :dance1:  :dance1:
VILLNAN said:

Ohh SWEET of her. SRK offered as lead alongside with Jackie Chan
SRK and DP are going to have another movies but not confirm yet!!