2008 SACRAMENTO SEAGAMES SINGING/Dancing COMPETITION

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
Alrighty Everyone!!!!

The 411 on the SAC SEAGAMES Singing/Dancing Competition

This year LAO FAMILY is hosting the SEA GAMES so don't be a dufus and call up the old people that head up the SEAGAMES last year...lol....

Look up SAC LAO FAMILY and call them up. They should have all the info on their website! I know what it is but I SUCK at web posting and so you're just gonna have to go to MTV's MYSPACE page or our production manager Elizabethh's Myspace page and get it from them since I am having them help LAO FAMILY run it.

Don't worry....my big condition on letting MTV and any of the SEG crew get involved in these competition was....

For Singing Contest....

1. the judges had to be from the industry...(no big shot PHD person who has no musical/dancing background)..the judges can be any age but had to at least have some involvement in the music industry..example..singer, producer/director, composer, song writer, choreographer....

As competitors ourselves and winners of several titles in several past singing competitions, SEG has observed what we though were fair /unfair practices and so ...we will try not to let it happen on our watch.....but then again...it depends on who our esteemed judges will be too...We cannot control who LAO FAMILY picks...BUT I was promised that they WILL BE from the industry..... otherwise I will be one very UNHAPPY person.....

2. the sound system had to be good ( I have sent my singers to enough singing competitions to know that a sucky system will kill a great singers chances at a place)

3. Provide some of the basic necessary needs such as water or what not for our contestants...(Being in singing competitions in both winter and summer events, we've noticed that in hot months...singing with dry mouths and being dehydrated can be a pain...so we'll try to make it as comfortable as we can for the contestants)

For Dancing Competition....

Same rules apply....but since Elizabeth has been a traditional hmong dancer herself in the old days, her requirements would be different and so you'll all have to ask her....lol

SO....if you think that you can SING/Dance....BRING IT ON!!!! After all... no "GUTS no GLORY!!!"

See you all at the SEAGAMES!

PS...if you can think of anything that may help us run it better then plaese by all means suggest......maybe we never thought of it....

PC VAJ~SEG

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
If I could get a sponser form WI to Cali I'd give it a shot :D hehehe...

have fun and good luck to competitors :)

mai92

sarNie Adult
sounds good and interesting....
i need more information on the singing competition though..........
:wub:

mai92

sarNie Adult
sounds good and interesting....
i need more information on the singing competition though..........
:wub:

mai92

sarNie Adult
if my family members are singing i'm ganna tell them to cry out loud on stage so they can win the competition like the lilo girl who cry while singing her song....haha..j/p
:wub: i wish i could sing and win this it would be nice

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
if my family members are singing i'm ganna tell them to cry out loud on stage so they can win the competition like the lilo girl who cry while singing her song....haha..j/p
:wub: i wish i could sing and win this it would be nice
lol....I remember that...we were back stage when we saw her guardians tell her to specifically cry so that she can win....lol... I guess alls fair in love and war....

anyhow.........

I heard rumors saying that some people are not willing to compete because of issues regarding the way it was run and the way the prizes were being distributed last year.

Last year it was being run by a completely different group of people. This Year LAO FAMILY may be running the SEA GAMES but we are Running the portion of the singing/dancing competition.

Since we have had numerous experience with the competitions we will try our best to run it in the best way possible for the good of everyone involved.

We are not with Lao Family nor the previous year's SEAGAMES coordinators and therefore will not be biased or impartial.

Please do come out and sign up for the competitions. Sign ups are free and the cash prizes are there for your taking if you have what it takes to become our champions!

In addition...who knows...if there are any producers out there, they may give you a contract if they like what they see...lol.... at least I know I will be looking.......

SEG

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Please do come out and sign up for the competitions. Sign ups are free and the cash prizes are there for your taking if you have what it takes to become our champions!

In addition...who knows...if there are any producers out there, they may give you a contract if they like what they see...lol.... at least I know I will be looking.......

SEG
so sign ups are free? when is the deadline to sign up? n is if we choose to sing, how is the competition going to be ran? ex. by elimination? votes? judges choice? hmong song? english song?

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
so sign ups are free? when is the deadline to sign up? n is if we choose to sing, how is the competition going to be ran? ex. by elimination? votes? judges choice? hmong song? english song?
Dance Competition Contact:

Elizabeth Chang @

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=109029013

Singing Competition Contact:

Muaj Tseeb Vaj @

www.myspace.com/muajtseebvang

More info about the Sea Game Check the website:

www.seagamesus.com

MORE INFO ABOUT THE SINGING COMPETITION AT THE SEA GAME ( JULY 12TH & 13TH )

1st Place... $300
2nd Place... $200
3rd Place... $150

NOTE: REGISTRATION FEES FOR ANY COMPETITIONS

RULES FOR THE SINGING COMPETITION:

. MUST NOT HAVE A CD OUT YET
. NEVER BEEN A 1ST PLACE WINNER AT THE SEA GAMES
. 3 SONGS PREPARED " 1 PER DAY AND A LAST SONG IN CASE YOU WIN
. APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN, BEFORE OR ON JULY 12, 2008 BY 10AM. IF YOU ARE REGISTERING ON JULY 12TH YOU MUST COME TO THE STAGE BY 10AM ( PLEASE BE PREPARED )
. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
. FREE LUNCH AND ADMISSION FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP BEFORE JULY 12TH

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP,

CONTACT MtV:

http://www.myspace.com/muajtseebvang

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Dance Competition Contact:

Elizabeth Chang @

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=109029013

Singing Competition Contact:

Muaj Tseeb Vaj @

www.myspace.com/muajtseebvang

More info about the Sea Game Check the website:

www.seagamesus.com
MORE INFO ABOUT THE SINGING COMPETITION AT THE SEA GAME ( JULY 12TH & 13TH )

1st Place... $300
2nd Place... $200
3rd Place... $150

NOTE: REGISTRATION FEES FOR ANY COMPETITIONS

RULES FOR THE SINGING COMPETITION:

. MUST NOT HAVE A CD OUT YET
. NEVER BEEN A 1ST PLACE WINNER AT THE SEA GAMES
. 3 SONGS PREPARED " 1 PER DAY AND A LAST SONG IN CASE YOU WIN
. APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN, BEFORE OR ON JULY 12, 2008 BY 10AM. IF YOU ARE REGISTERING ON JULY 12TH YOU MUST COME TO THE STAGE BY 10AM ( PLEASE BE PREPARED )
. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
. FREE LUNCH AND ADMISSION FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP BEFORE JULY 12TH

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP,

CONTACT MtV:

http://www.myspace.com/muajtseebvang
where are the applications?

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
oh yeah i remember that girl...the crying gal...dang she did a hella of a job...i wonder why her snot didn't come out...i thought she would need a towel by then...but whatever...goodluck to those who's competing...thanks for the sites..