A Very Heartwrenching DabNeeg

traci_vaj

sarNie Egg
Thank you for sharing a very important part of your life with us. I'm sorry that you two couldn't find a way out but you did the right thing to go with her father's wish. Because you did what her father wanted, he will respect you so much more and he'll live with the guilt for the rest of his life. Love is tough when you have parents who objects but you have to balance out the pro's and con's of their objects. Again, thank you and I want to wish you luck in your life.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Okay, for those who can't read the Hmong, highlight the Hmong words and paste it on the Lomation's Hmong Text Reader and press read. It should read it for you.

http://www.lomation.com/hmong/reader/index.php
Holy shizzles, that's such a helpful site! Wonder if they got it for Thai/Korean/Japan, etc.

Thanks mly for the translation. I was skipping all the short hmong words because I don't know hmong, and then i got to the part where it's huge long hmong paragraph...basically half the story there, so yeah I was lost. :D

Anyways, about the story, very sad and touching. If I was that girl, I'd mess up my life after that....get drunk, party like shietz, smoke, run off for a while, date non-hmong guy (esp african americans :D it boils their blood)...just to get back at them. Honestly, because at this point I wouldn't care anymore about my life. Their reputation and ego is way more important than their own daughter's life and that's just plain flat out wrong. This is why the Hmong so corrupted.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I am a Lee and never heard about us not being able to marry Vangs. I think it's only that particular Vang family who has something against the Lee clans. Otherwise, Kou's parent would have forbid him not to date Rose. And I don't think it's the Touby Lyfoung story. Because most Hmong hold grudges to one family tree, not the same lastname clan. Not all same lastname clans are related. That's why when you get married, the elders will ask each other where they are from and see if there was any grudges in the past that needs to be fixed before the marriage can take place.

I've never heard of grudges between lees and vangs...i think maybe it was jsut those two families...iono...at first very sad...I mean, it's still very sad no matter what but after a while of thinking, I think they let go WAY! too easy...should've gotten his family to come mediate...

and I don't think ruining your life is the way to go...I mean, of course it's tragic and sad and will regret for the rest of your life that you didn't get each other but...why go riuning your life? stay single but hell no please don't ruin your life! yeah, you think you're embarrassing them, you're ruining them but you only ruining and hurting yourself...yeah, they didn't allow you to be with the person you loved for a dumb reason, they caused you great sorrow and scared you for life but they didn't tell you to go ruining your life...
I"m not saying that you can't party or date mekas...I'm just saying, you're sad, go have fun but do remember that life is valuable

Muddie Murda

smile...
Well in my point of view, it goes way beyond "love," it's about how her family cares more about their reputation and face. Growing up, I'm sure we all care about our parents and relatives and want to make them proud so we dedicate our lives to make them proud. But when it gets to this point, where you learn that they care more about their own reputation than your life, what's your life then? What have you been growing up in? :D Might as well bruise their ego before she runs off and erase her blood.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
wow.
i didn't know that some vang's didn't allow their sons and daughters to marry lee's.
that's weird.

ehehe. my bf's a lee and his brother married a vang.
nothing happened??

143art

sarNie Egg
WOW you were right, the word should have been left in Hmong because it made the story (sorry dagneeg sounds a bit better) sound so strong. I sounds like a simple heart breaking story but the words are so strong that it makes it quiet beautiful and bittersweet.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
Cant read hmong either...but from reading your post, seems like a very sad love story. What is wrong with Lee? I dated a Lee before and he cheated on me! Then I hate Lees ever since! ahhahah...j/k...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
Cant read hmong either...but from reading your post, seems like a very sad love story. What is wrong with Lee? I dated a Lee before and he cheated on me! Then I hate Lees ever since! ahhahah...j/k...
lolz.
don't scare me..
my bf is a lee.
ahahaha.
hmm. he seems okay right now..

debbieyanglove

sarNie Hatchling
IT BROUGHT TEARS INTO MY EYES. THE WHOLE TIME I THOUGHT HOW EDUCATED HE IS.
IF I WAS IN THAT SITUATION..I WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO REACT.
THOSE WORDS WERE FROM THE HEART.
IT WAS OKAY HE COULDN'T TRANSLATED IN HMONG.IT IS MORE MEANINGFUL.
IT WAS SAD. HOW THE FATHER TOLD HIM THAT HE LIKED HIM BUT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE LAST NAME.
SO SAD.
THANK YOU AND IT WAS A MUST READ.

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
its not all lees and vangs that cant marry each other...
its just that its in that certain lee and vang clan that has something that happened years and years ago...
you know how hmong are...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i have had bad experiences with lees...i never get along with them...friends is fine, but more than that, it never works out. dont know why..
thinking back to my ex boyfriends..
i dated a xiong and two vangs.
goodness.
i don't know why.. but those two vangs were a lil mean.. lolz.
not mean... but there's just something about them. ahaha
**no offense to anyone...**
and my current bf is a lee...
that's my first time meeting..talking.. and dating a lee.
so far.. it's okay..
but i've had my moments with him. err!
ehehe.

its not all lees and vangs that cant marry each other...
its just that its in that certain lee and vang clan that has something that happened years and years ago...
you know how hmong are...
that's what i hate about hmong people..
the past is the past... let it go!
tokenism forreals...

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
wait, whats the reason behind why vangs cant marry lees tho?
anyone know? explain? this story is sad. yet, i still think that
if it comes to this kind of climax, the parents shouldve allowed
them to get married. there are times where you have yield
when it comes to these kinds of situations. >_<

the vangs in this story are quite some sticklers for rules. aish.
the guy's a good guy though. and i'm sure he'll do great in life.
i just feel really bad for him, i mean, its not pity. but i'm glad
that he's so respectable and that is very admirable.

yup, they should've yeilded and let the two get married...hell, my cousin got married to someone related to her and the parents yeilded...like, her grandma remarried and had some kids with her new husband and her new grandson came to marry my cousin...at first the parents made it hard but then, decided to just let them get married...I mean, in this kind of situation, I think I would not have yeilded cause they're related by blood man, but in the vang lee situation, that was just stupid to not let the two be together...and I think they let go too quickly too...maybe that time wasn't hte right time but he cold've came back with his people to sort things out...I think it's about time they end that grudge none of us seems to know of...

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Yeah. There are many different Lee clans. I'm in a good clan. Haha...I can honestly and confidently say that cause my family has no beef with no one. We are peace makers too. My brother's wedding was this saturday and my sis-in-law is a Vang. Everything went GREAT! Everyone was happy happy happy.

Is this a real story... because it sound so similar to my cousin's frien. PRETTY MUCH THE WHOLE DAG NEEG is word to word... interesting sum1 can write such an interesting dag neeg... keke!

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
Yeah. There are many different Lee clans. I'm in a good clan. Haha...I can honestly and confidently say that cause my family has no beef with no one. We are peace makers too. My brother's wedding was this saturday and my sis-in-law is a Vang. Everything went GREAT! Everyone was happy happy happy.

UR SIS-M-LAW IS A VANG TOO...WOW...MY SIS-N-LAW IS A VANG TOO...I WONDER IF THEY KNOW EACH OTHER..LOL..

yaksoh

sarNie Juvenile
my version was that a lee guy came to marry a vang girl
but he was abuse and end her killing her
the lee guy did went to jail, but had a low s.t. so he was discharged be4 his actually time
the vang girl side of the family were hella mad
that they a big vang clan spread the rumors
and lee clan was mad so both kind of have a underground war
which very few knew of cuz it only target certain pplz
and that's how the grudge begin