A virus that is locked up

untinnu

sarNie Adult
ok..so my niece has a virus on her comp, and she says that it's locked up, so it's not harming her computer, at least, she don't think so, but the virus is eating up her space..about 100 GB already..anyone know how to get rid of it? and can that she get that 100GB back?

also..she also has a virus in her jump drive, or flash drive..whatever you call that..she says that when he connects it to her comp, the virus gets transferred too..so..anyone know how to fix it? or is that jump drive doomed?

untinnu

sarNie Adult
Thank you Tina and P'Tim!!! I'll be sure to tell her as quick as possible..and i'll be back to update this thread..

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Part 1

Do a virus scan if she have a anti-virus program. If not go here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/. I would recommend getting a anti-virus scan cus that site sometimes freeze during the scan.

Scan all drives for the virus but I think that virus is in the C:\Windows (I know cus I got the virus before). Most often it will not detect (I don't know why) but if it do detect, just write down the location of the virus file/files and go delete it. If it don't delete than just restart your computer in safe mode (hit ESC or DEL at the black screen when you restart or when you first turn on the computer). Just choose Safe Mode thereafter and than go find the virus and delete it.

Once you delete the virus file/files. Rescan your whole system again to see if any virus file/files is still left. Check your hard drive space if you got every MB back that was deleted by the virus.

Oh forgot to say this. MAKE SURE THE INFECTED FILE/FILES IS NOT A SYSTEM FILE/FILES. CUS IF IT IS. THAN YOUR SOL.

As for the Flash/usb Drive....Just do the same as the steps above.

................................................................................

Part 2

1. Go to C:\Windows
2. Click on each FOLDERS and choose PROPERTIES
3. Check how BIG the FOLDERS is.
4. IF its BIGGER than you THINK (in your niece case 500mb-100gb) then click on that FOLDER.
5. Click on each FILE and choose PROPERTIES.
6. Check the size of the FILE and if any of the file is 100mb-100gb then that file/files is the infected one.
7. Delete it if you can or go to SAFE MODE and delete it.
8. Check your Hard drive now to see if that 100gb came back.
9. Repeat step 1-8 and than SCAN your computer for virus.

DO the same for the flash/usb drive.

IF part 1 and part 2 don't work than you better off to FORMAT your computer.

Thank you for reading this information.

The End! B) :D :lol: :p