Aaliyah..One in a million Princess

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
Well today marks the 6th years that Aaliyah has passed away.Me..being one of her fans just wanted to share this special poem that her brother wrote in remembrance of her.I'm a member of Aaliyah.Com and every year..we would get newsletters from her site.Every 25th of August since her death..I myself personally would always light up a candle in memory of her.I grew up listening to her songs.We are the same age..just me being a few daysss older.Her first single "Back & Forth". I remember hearing on the radio everyday when heading out to school.All of her songs bring back so much memories of my high school years.I truly admire her work..her music...and everything else that she had done when she was still alive.

Personal message to Aaliyah from me...

Even though you're not here with us anymore..your music is still in my heart.I have all your albums and whatever it is out there that has you in it.I might not be your biggest fans..but I'm one of your loyal fans that will always love and support you even if you're gone.I hope that you are happy in the place that you are at.You are forever being missed by me and I'm sure by all your fans out here.Until we meet again...rest in peace. 1/16/1979-8/25/2001

***credits to Aaliyah.com***

An article about the accident..credits to Aaliyah.com

On August 25, 2001 at 6:45 pm, the lives of 8 people that we know and loved were taken in a plane crash leaving Marsh Harbor, Abaco Island in the Bahamas. The plane was en route to Miami and they would have taken approximately 1 hour travel time. Instead, as the plane was lifting off the runway with nose down it impacted in a marsh on the south side of the departure end runway 27...the plane went down. Total gross weight of the airplane (Cessna 402B) was exceeded. As a result, the preliminary center of gravity was significantly outside the flight envelope past the aft center of gravity. Contrary to reports, not one passenger insisted on anything. They merely got out of air conditioned cars and embarked on the plane. They did not know of any danger (how could they?) that might ensue. We thank the law firm of Kreindler & Kreindler for the work they did to find the truth.

We feel our fans friends and others needed to know this. We do not want anyone to be hurt anymore. Even though the pain, grief and loneliness of all lost will never go away - we have been advised through counseling and through the love and all who have supported as that we must try to move on.

With Sincerest gratitude we honor and welcome you to the Aaliyah website. We hope that through this site you will get to see and read what Aaliyah's life and life in general is about. Happy times, sad times, times when we all may want to give up, can be handled through faith and courage; the same faith and courage that they (on the plane) all had. Will we ever understand why? We think not but we know what "Baby Girl" (the name her dad gave her when he saw this specimen of beauty) would want. She would want us to strive for the best, to realize she fulfilled a lot of her dreams with us by her side; encouraging and fostering what she learned and experienced so young. She would want the brother she adored to not give up and to continue the dreams that they had together. Aaliyah was/is definitely special. She found the good in everyone. She also knew her career in the world of entertainment had it's ups and downs. We learned all of that the hard way. The pain we endured as a family who never set out to hurt anyone with malice or forthrightness was quickly set back. We loved one another unconditionally - that was just the way it was. We never thought about it, we just did no matter what. We will never forget what happened on August 25th, 2001, we can only work through the daily pain and ask "The Higher Source" to help us.

Remember "Baby Girl" is with us, all of her friends are with us. Forever - until again...and although this was the first video that we were not all together on due to (eye surgery (Diane), stroke (Michael) Australia (Rashad) we know Aaliyah, Keeth (who went as our friend to watch Aaliyah), Christopher, Eric, Anthony, Scott, Gina, Doug are all watching over us and saying we are alright, don't worry, don't cry for we are at peace!!!

We say we will see you again in a better place where there is no hatred and despair. Yes we will see you and tell you how much you were and are still loved!

With Aaliyah and Her Comrades In Our Hearts!!!

The Haughton Family!

Pray for us all!
Respectfully
Sincerely
With the light of the Highest, Most Exalted, The Best... Aaliyah

p.s. we also would like to acknowledge the pilot Luis Morales whose life was also taken as a part of this tragedy. Our hearts go out to his family and friends.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Oh man, I love Aaliyah. I remember watching her MVs on youtube and talking about how great she was a week ago with someone. But yeah, I love her music and she's very beautiful. I loved her in the movie "Romeo Must Die" and that song "Are you that somebody" was one of my all time favs from her. We used to bang on the tables during lunch time in jr. high to do the beats to that song. Oh memories...

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
I wasn't old enough to remember much, I just remembered that my Mom loved her like crazy and I saw a big plane crash in the forest area and that everytime I see Tupac and MLK together she's there too.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
how ironic.... i was watching one of her concert mv's on the Hit's channel this morning and was just thinking of her..... i saw this thread and was like omg..... it's been that long since she's been gone.....i miss her too :( Thanks for reminding us p'Sam....

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
I missed her too. Also Left Eye of TLC. Imagine if she was still alive. Any and every song that will be release will 'Rock The Boat'.

pii-nky

sarNie Juvenile
her songs are so beautiful.
i love "Remember." her songs touched the
feelings i couldn't say ;p (ok, that sounded shitty xp)