About the rape scene

greentea

sarNie Egg
I have been away from Thai movies for years now and since I have started watching again, I've noticed there is hardly anymore rape scene. I used to tease my friend about those rape scenes being so unrealist. You used to see them in almost every single movie. I'm not complaining though. I always thought those rape scenes were so lame. But have the Thais introduced some guidelines to the movies? No rape scenes as they influence men to believe women will fall for them if they rape them, or are writers just being a little bit more realistic by realising no girl could fall for her rapist, so they cut those scenes out? Just wondering, that's all. But it's good.

cecilia

Staff member
oh, there's still are -- from what i've seen, R scenes involve SLAP/KISS/REVENGE/ROMANCE themes so until such script come to live, we won't see R ..
There's only a few of this kind of themes that have willing in it but not much are being show either -- i guess, it all depend on the aggressiveness of the lakorn base on fans' liking.

KristyS

Lakorn Obsesser
haha i agree with that out said about no girl falling for their rapist. i've always thought how they could since it's like a mark on their life. they should be traumatized by it actually. but that's where the pr'ek comes in and tries to win her back because they both know, deep down inside, that they were and still are in love with each other xD. lame, but it works for their ratins haha

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lmao my sis couldnt finished sb because she thought why the hell would she fall in love with her rapists when he had no signs of loving her at all but then boom he just like her... >_<..

yup.. theres not much "R" lakorns lately.. it depends on what lakorn you're watching lol...

cecilia

Staff member
^aiko, for me. SB is too extensive for me .. the script is good but not once but four -- crazy!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
there is alot of R scenes
i'm not gonna lie
but i do inded enjoy them because i know that there wil always be a baby later on. rofl
aneways, it is just a lakorn so we shouldn't put it into reality. lol
it's most likely to be happy endings in all lakorns with "R" scenes. xP

fun

Expired Sarnie
There are still plenty. I wonder when will they realize that RAPE is morally wrong even if it is protray in lakorn IT IS STILL WRONG lol... but I guess Thailand works differently. Not all R lakorn recieve high ratings LMAO!!! But seriously I love kiss/slap/revenge theme minus the R. LOL but then again, I am fine with it after so many years.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i agree with u...i really think n reality the n'ek will never ever love the p';ek again because of the raping...cause even if random people gets rape they charged the guy for doin it...so its a bad way to express it through lakorn...but though sum sories do come out good with the r scene in it...i dunno wat i'm sayin now...oh well...:)

Tigra

sarNie Hatchling
I think the style kiss / slap / revenge with Rape is a good style.
For that exchange or other dramas is rather flat.
The least at there's action so far in all the lakorn I saw that there's Jai Rao or there is no scene of Rape or even in Borisud.
Which lakorn with English subtitles in this the theme?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I think Jai Rao and Borisud Was Pretty good without the R scene -.-" It's just wrong to add an R scene to those 2 lakorns. In Jai Rao the nang ek suffered from a sickness so it would be kind of sick to watch a person with illness getting "R" even if the pra'ek didn't know. Also in Borisud the main lead was mentally ill due to the conspiracies against her so again it'll be somewhat messed up to watch a mentally ill nang ek (Even if she really wasn't) get R -.-" Not all revenge lakorns should have R scenes Jai Rao and Borisud went at the perfect pace ^__-"

sarN

sarNie Granny
it's still around :lol: but I honestly have to admit , SLAP/KISS/REVENGE/ROMANCE themes are best with it --- I know , I know , it's wrong , ect ---but there are exception , depending on some story line , yes it also best without it too . As we all know , JLR & SB , the rating sky rocket , despite the criticize some viewer might feel about the lakorn , we can not denies these themes really score on the chart and that's probable why the producer/writer continue to have those scene in their lakorn . Come to think of it , most of the famous lakorn had r' scene and I'm not going to lie , most of my favorite had it as well. And those viewer who like those type of lakorn doesn't necessary mean they are weird & senseless , they are romance fanatic who doesn't take it seriously other than it's just part of the plot-line which solely for entertainment , beside , it's not like those r' scene are very detail & brutal , most are very comic really and I honestly must confess , I do laugh when it does happen . Plus, I try not to think it's all force (most of the time the lead already in love with each other ) with all those struggle , she bound to get tie and give in to seduction , since the camera point toward the ceiling , I can draw any conclusion ok ;)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol sarN ;p there is nothing wrong with it. People have different opinion and taste on what they like. I'll admit sometimes I'm a hypocrite too Lol. Even though the R scene's are wrong then again these are just lakorns. I have to admit there are some lakorns with R scene that I found kind of funny like Leh Ratree when Pepper told his mom and sister/cousin what he was going to do when he went up stairs lmao, or in the lakorn with Num and Donut when he did it when his friends were like knocking on the door.

It just depend on some people interpret and precept it. I don't think it's wrong or right. I just think that people need to cast on their own judgment.

In my opinion Revenge. Slap. Kiss lakorns are good. My favorite of all time is still Ban Rai Ruen Ruk w/ Nan Chalita and Tao Somchai so much touchy touch in that lakorn :lol: and Ngao Asoke 99 with Ae and Ek :wub:

Some revenge lakorns are good w/o the R scenes though. It depend on how dramatic the lakorn is. Like Jai Rao way tooo dramatic for an R scene

Coughs sarN's is like Nang Fah Gub Satan :lol:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yes, my #1 lakorn is Nang Fah Kub Satan. Crazy r' scene indeed , shirt ripping, P'k laughing like a $ex manic but if you minus that , the lakorn is pervertedly hilarious with sexy explicit line ! I crack up so hard , who care if there a wild r' scene the rest of the lakorn was good. It's ok to be a hypocrite, some doesn't even admit it and criticize how unmoral it is yet they secretly watching it :lol: . Nice girls love bad boy.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol I think in lakorns I like more when the pra'ek is touchy touchy like in Ban Rai he's always hugging her trying to kiss her and touch her lmao; Like I remember one scene he even goes into his bed room and he's like screaming crazily.

"Un you make me want to hug you, kiss you, your red cheeks and bright smile. You make me want to touch you and violate you and break the promise that I will never taint a woman unless she's willing." and he drops down on his bed

He said something like that LOL I'm not sure it's all of it though :loool:

sarN

sarNie Granny
True. Those touchy P'K like in Ngao Asoke 99 are probable worst than r' scene cause we get to see his violation than the ceiling :lol: , how can a girl fall in love with a pervert like that, grabbing & hugging at every alone moment? Yet they do. You mean "Ban Rai.." with Tao/Nan ? Buddha , that lakorn he was all up on her , on the table , field , floor but yet there was no 'r scene just attempt(s) .

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol just attempts and then later willing. I was kind of confused sometimes by the lakorn then I rewatched and realized the reason is because they were in love since they were kids LOL. that connected alot of dots for me LOL . I thought they just kind of fell in love when they were force to marry.

cecilia

Staff member
Yes, my #1 lakorn is Nang Fah Kub Satan. Crazy r' scene indeed , shirt ripping, P'k laughing like a $ex manic but if you minus that , the lakorn is pervertedly hilarious with sexy explicit line ! I crack up so hard , who care if there a wild r' scene the rest of the lakorn was good. It's ok to be a hypocrite, some doesn't even admit it and criticize how unmoral it is yet they secretly watching it :lol: . Nice girls love bad boy.
muahaha. i still have yet to finish this ..
gotta watch it one day to find out why it's #1 on sarN's R list :p

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Cece trust me LOL it's like actually rated R-X he tears her clothes and everything and freaking the next morning she's all limping and stuff. I think this was the one. I remember one time sarN showed us a clip in sworld chat LOL the next morning the nang ek was all limping and stuff but I don't remember if it's this one.

The r scene was brutal he was ripping her clothes off and everything. It was like a real R scene o_O

sarN

sarNie Granny
she couldn't walk , yup , limping & her gown was in shred while Jonny laid on the bed lifeless with his pant unbutton and shirt open . Ya know how it is after an r' scene , the N'k would take a long shower washing the shame away :p , yeah that wat she did and Jonny thought she was going to kill herself after what he done to her on their wedding night. He said the reason why he is raping her instead of making love to her like newly wed because he wanted to revenge , her father had raped his mother and out of shame she commit suicide and then his father shot himself because he couldn't bear the lost of his wife, therefore Jonny wanted to rape the daughter of the man that raped his mother :mellow:

nalika

sarNie Hatchling
^aiko, for me. SB is too extensive for me .. the script is good but not once but four -- crazy!
but isn't that what make it so popular? LOL :lol:

Just wondering, since I'm no expert on Thai drama, but isn't Rape kind of go hand in hand with Thai drama. If producer take that out, it won't be the same again, that's for sure. At least that's what I feel. I'm a perv, I know, but I like a r-scene here and there, especially in slap/kiss drama :drool: :spin: Don't get me wrong, I only like R-scene in drama not in real life.