Am I ready to marry?

Ok I am not trying to tell you guys about my boyfriend and I but we have been dating for 3 years now. Yesterday he asked me will I marry him? Should I marry him when I am not done with college yet or should I finish college first?

Falada

sarNie Adult
Jaia_loves_Yadech said:
Ok I am not trying to tell you guys about my boyfriend and I but we have been dating for 3 years now. Yesterday he asked me will I marry him? Should I marry him when I am not done with college yet or should I finish college first?

LOL It's your choice. But I think that finishing college first will be good. You guys will get more advantage, if you finish college first. But ask yourself. 

"Am I ready to Marry?" 

And if you do, go for it. But if you want to finish college first,, you can tell him. And hope he'll understand you.

LOL Hope this help. :D

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
It's really up to you. Just ask yourself if you're willing to marry him now yet think about the future.
Personally, I'd wait to finish college first. Just like Falada said, you guys will get more advantage :)

Plus, the marriage life will interfere a lot with the college life so it'll be difficult. Again, it's up to you ^^

Falada said:

LOL It's your choice. But I think that finishing college first will be good. You guys will get more advantage, if you finish college first. But ask yourself. 

"Am I ready to Marry?" 

And if you do, go for it. But if you want to finish college first,, you can tell him. And hope he'll understand you.

LOL Hope this help. :D
We talked about college he said I can continue college when I marry him but I don't want to leave my parents yet.

huajaikaungtur said:
It's really up to you. Just ask yourself if you're willing to marry him now yet think about the future.
Personally, I'd wait to finish college first. Just like Falada said, you guys will get more advantage :)

Plus, the marriage life will interfere a lot with the college life so it'll be difficult. Again, it's up to you ^^
For myself I think the same to finish college first but for my parents and his parents they talked together and agreed that it was up to him and I. My BF thinks that I can be with his family and study the same time. If I don't marry him now then in a couple months his family is moving to California so we will be separated. Personally,I don't want him to leave me but not want to marry in the middle of college***

Falada

sarNie Adult
Jaia_loves_Yadech said:
We talked about college he said I can continue college when I marry him but I don't want to leave my parents yet.

Well, you can never stay with your parents. One day or another, you'll have to let go. 
LOL I know and understand. The thought of not having your parents by your side is tough, since you have been living with them for a long time.

But yep, your choice to make. If you think that you're ready, than do it. But remember, once you marry, you don't get to do some of the things you're doing now. So I suggest again, that you should do the things that you wanted to do before you get marry. :D Marriage is a very important and serious matter. 

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Honestly, if you are unsure if you're ready to get married or if you question yourself such a question, you're probably not ready to get married yet. 
Marriage life can be a hinder to your college life. It depends of course. It's not all the time. It's just better to be more stable financially before settling down. 
If you're almost done with College, it's better to wait. He should also respect your decision as well such as wanting to finish college first. 
In the end, it is your choice. Do what you think is best for you and your future. 

roselovesice said:
Honestly, if you are unsure if you're ready to get married or if you question yourself such a question, you're probably not ready to get married yet. 
Marriage life can be a hinder to your college life. It depends of course. It's not all the time. It's just better to be more stable financially before settling down. 
If you're almost done with College, it's better to wait. He should also respect your decision as well such as wanting to finish college first. 
In the end, it is your choice. Do what you think is best for you and your future. 
Thank you for helping me out you guys. I only have one more year to earn my degree. And as you said it will make it harder to take courses ESP when you have kids and a family to take care of but my parents and there parents are doing a hmong religion thing right now talking about engaging us first and then about marriage later.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Am I ready to marry?  Only you will actually know the answer to that.

From my perspective, if you're still questioning yourself.. or is in doubt.. it may be a sign that you are not yet ready to get married.  Again, that's just from my perspective.  :)   [LOL, I scrolled up on Rose's post and saw this too.. how funny :p]

But anyways,  I think that finishing your education may be a wiser choice before you actually start settling down.  Why?  Well, because you never know what will happen once you're actually married.  You may have kids, duties, work, responsibilities etc to take care of and attend to and not have time to finish or focus on your education.  If you're able to multitask though.. it might not be a problem.  :p

Overall though,  It's really your choice and decision regarding if you want to get married just yet or not.  I just want to tell you that there's no need to rush into marriage.  If it happens, then it happens.  If so, I'll say my early congrats to you and your boyfriend on behalf of AsianFuse here.  :)

aikoden said:
Am I ready to marry?  Only you will actually know the answer to that.

From my perspective, if you're still questioning yourself.. or is in doubt.. it may be a sign that you are not yet ready to get married.  Again, that's just from my perspective.  :)   [LOL, I scrolled up on Rose's post and saw this too.. how funny :p]

But anyways,  I think that finishing your education may be a wiser choice before you actually start settling down.  Why?  Well, because you never know what will happen once you're actually married.  You may have kids, duties, work, responsibilities etc to take care of and attend to and not have time to finish or focus on your education.  If you're able to multitask though.. it might not be a problem.  :p

Overall though,  It's really your choice and decision regarding if you want to get married just yet or not.  I just want to tell you that there's no need to rush into marriage.  If it happens, then it happens.  If so, I'll say my early congrats to you and your boyfriend on behalf of AsianFuse here.  :)
Great answer!

AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
Awh, everybody's already giving you such good answers! :eek: :clap2:

Well, marriage is a big responsibility. :yes: Being a wife/daughter-in-law isn't easy; the in-laws expect a lot from you; diligence, respect, hard work, etc. Umm, from my sister-in-law's experience, she doesn't exactly regret marrying my brother so young and early, but she does miss her single life sometimes. :p And not to mention, the fights that occasionally follow any couple, whether married or not. It's best to finish your education first, for the distance and time will test your relationship with your boyfriend. But Aiko (Aikoden) is right; only you know the answer. :) Good luck, Jaia_loves_Yadech! Wishing the best for you two, ok? Keep fighting, and hope that it all works out for you. :grouphug: (Personally, I want to get married first. :D)

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
Hehe just found out my cuzion made this topic but I have news she married!!!! To her boyfriend JACK!!! Jaia didn't wanna leave but due to her parents or my aunt and uncle they want her to marry first bc she only have one more years left. Bad news she can't get on AF anymore, FB, IG due to college and a STRICT(JK) husband who parents doesn't have Internet connection:(((

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Tell her that we at AsianFuse Congratulates her on her marriage.
Even if she won't be active here as much, tell her that she's always welcomed back anytime.

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
aikoden said:
^ Tell her that we at AsianFuse Congratulates her on her marriage.
Even if she won't be active here as much, tell her that she's always welcomed back anytime.
I wil tell her that