Anan's Pics & Cooking Experiments... :o]

Thookatha

sarNie Elites

Day 1: After lunch time,,, --> Relax time with a very quiet & peaceful view... :p
were u trying to take a picture of your crotch here? not impressive.

as for the singapore pics, very beautiful. love the funny signs they have there...and ur parents look really nice. how come u look so evil compared to them? ahahaha

anan

sarNie Adult
were u trying to take a picture of your crotch here? not impressive.
>> Hmmmm,,, i guess i cannot stop ur imagination :p lol,,, in fact i was too lazy to stand up to take correctly the picture... that's why...

as for the singapore pics, very beautiful. love the funny signs they have there...and ur parents look really nice. how come u look so evil compared to them? ahahaha
>>Me evil ??? hmmm,,, welll,,, i guess my dear Anthropologist is.... wrong,,,, i am a nice guy,,, B),,, always ^_^ !

anan

sarNie Adult
Feel slowly old now,,, need to share my symptoms of "Oldism" ^_^ :

What is "Oldism" ?

It's a sort of stereotypical behaviours & thoughts that say you're old(er).

1/ Stress-free Life:

When young & vigour, living in big city is simply great ! Having everything around you, to enjoy, to visit & spend money...
But slowly... the big city conditions your life: walking very fast to catch up the bus/metro, living a stressful life to go to work, to feel the pollution (ads, dirt, bad smells, noisy sounds...) around you...
When old, you don't need "Everything" around you, except the peace of mind, less pollution (preferably closer to nature), healthier life style, and stress-free life of course...

2/ Time Flies Faster:

The perception of time distorts your life with 2 main reasons:
  • The first one is the perception between you and the others, for example when you see your family/relatives' kids growing so fast, you still remember when they were babies (like it was yesterday) and now they are almost teenagers!
  • The second one is about yourself, with all your duty & responsibilities, to do everything by yourself (paying tax, shopping, laundry, cleaning etc...) Time simply flies...
3/ Good Foods / Taste Changing:

When young you drink beer, tequila, vodka... cheap & low cost foods, and save money for other purposes...
Once old: it's more good wines, tea and dark chocolate... fresh foods (sometimes organic) rather than junks & processed foods.
Because you know that your health should start first with good foods.

4/ Money Saving:

When young you don't think about saving, but to enjoy your life, to cherish your freedom, and think and see only in short term view (such as 1 week ahead forecast, or where to party this friday/saturday night).
When old, you try to see things & your life not only in short term, but long term too:
  • To save money to avoid the uncertainty in the future
  • To get rid of your debt
  • To invest in your future personal project (wedding, buy a house for example, etc...)
5/ Willing to Have Kids:

To see all your friends and cousins having babies/kids already makes you envy their happiness,
To see parents take their kids to school every morning makes you even feel more the importance of education & responsibility...
When we start to feel old, we simply want to settle down and start a family our turn too...

6/ Back to your Root:

Time is precious, when you are happy with yourself and satisfied what have, your mind has more now time to focus on something more challenging: To Know Who We Are.
Whatever it's a little research in our family tree (try to meet & know them), to practice more our mother-tongue (reading & writing), to learn the stories & fairy tales.... wishing someday that we can tell & teach to our future children.... so they won't forget their history....

7/ Bye bye to Techno-lo-lea (Trendy Techno/Gadget stuff):

If most of girls are fashionista, geek guys like buying new gadget stuff, whatever it's mobile phone or new laptop....
It's been more than 3 years that i got the same laptop computer, the same mobile phone, why running after new technology & new gadgets stuff that will be obsolete in 6 months ???
When old, you don't want to be a slave of techno-lo-lea !

8/ Time Flies Slowly :

When old, time is also your bestfriend, you appreciate each instant of your life, whatever it's s simple contemplating the sunset after your hard day work, or doing things that you like because there is one thing that you can be sure of is: "Everything takes time". You don't run after the clock, but simply master it.

9/ Spending time with the Elders.

Life is also a matter of priority.
When young, we like spending time to hang out with friends and so on.... and soon learn to fly with our own wings....
But, when the persons you love are getting old (such as your parents), you try to spend more time as you can with them,
and cherish each moment that you can learn from them... Because Life is Short and everything can happen.

10/ Take care of yourself:

Take care of yourself means take care of your body & your mind.
Happiness & Wisdom begin when your body & mind are in harmony like the Yin & Yang.

Conclusion

Life is made of little things, little moments of happiness & joy that everyone try to cherish and look for, a time to enjoy & have fun and a time to be wiser when old.... there is always a time for everything,,, if we really want to make good use of it.

Hence, Oldisms will tend to the following characteristics :
  • careful & caring
  • safe/stability/settled
  • serene
  • detached/no attachment to material things
While for Youngisms:
  • change careers
  • keep up appearances
  • vigour/full of energy
  • risk taker
  • dreamer

Same clothing, same little footstep...
Appearance doesn't really matter,
only the peace & happiness to be together when old...

anan

sarNie Adult
Sunday 11 April 2010: Vientiane Sushi

- Young rice (= the colour is still green)
- Vanilla seeds
- Organic dark chocolate
- Nuts / Cashew / Macadamia

Young rice once slightly cooked remains always soft & milky... and got a very special flavour....^_^

Sunday 2 May 2010: Homemade Brownieeess

for the Breakfast & tea time, Dark Chocoooolateeee is my sin :p

Sunday 9 May 2010: Steam Stuffed Cabbage

With homemade seasoned meatballs inside the cabbage, it's cheap, & very easy to make :p

Sunday 16 May 2010: Homemade Rhubarb Jam

For the breakfast ^_^, gonna bring 1 as a gift to a grandma next week :p

Saturday 5 June 2010: Homemade Velouté de Potimarron

with freshly roasted raw cashew nuts & fried shrimps...:p

Melissa

sarNie Egg
I love to cook! That food looks all kinds of awesome! As an aside , you're cute too :) :blush:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol you could have fulled me I was thinking your some professional chef that owns his own cookbook disguised into sarnworld to share his delicious recipes >.< I'm serious too. But I love your photos and your awesome! A man that loves to cook A++ in my book

anan

sarNie Adult
Lol you could have fulled me I was thinking your some professional chef that owns his own cookbook disguised into sarnworld to share his delicious recipes >.< I'm serious too. But I love your photos and your awesome! A man that loves to cook A++ in my book
LOL.... Thank u ^_^

anan you're a very good cooker! i'm unable to make brownies but my cheesecake are delicious :lol:
thanks,,, maybe some day u can share your cheesecake recipe :p because i love making cakes too

ps.:
attention, "cooker" = une cuisinière ou un ustensile de cuisine (ex: rice cooker...)
pour désigner une personne, on dit tout simplement a cook (ex: are you a good cook ?) ^_^

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i use "beau à la louche" recipe, do you know her? she has a blog and i'm addicted to blogs.
je tape trop vite et ai tendance à ne pas me relire car je jongle entre plusieurs onglets en même temps :lol: .

anan

sarNie Adult
i use "beau à la louche" recipe, do you know her? she has a blog and i'm addicted to blogs.
je tape trop vite et ai tendance à ne pas me relire car je jongle entre plusieurs onglets en même temps :lol: .
Oh lala,, merci pour le tuyau !!!! :p je ne connaissais pas ce site,,,
il y a pas mal de recettes de gâteaux en effet :p

anan

sarNie Adult
Anan in California (June 2010)

Especially came for my bro graduation : family reunited.

Family dinner: it is during that rare moment that I enjoyed the most,
eating on the floor (like the old traditional lao way lol),
I cooked Chicken salads (Lab Kai) and chicken soup,
my bro (in white shirt) made Papaya salads,
my mom was in charge of the easiest task: prepare the sticky rice lol,
and my elder bro in red shirt cleaned up the dishes @ the end, lol.

@ Universal Studio: Waterworld

California Gurlz are SEXY !!!

... in San Diego,,, just cruising....

just contemplating & stealing picture : a mysterious vietnamese girl :p

American squirrels seem bigger than in here :lol:

Cute seals but look very lazyyy :lol:@ La Jolla, San Diego

My favourite capture: a boat alone in the sea,,, @ La Jolla.
Sometimes a metaphor of life...
after a bad time, there must be a good one too...

my "Souvenirs" made in USA : Tabasco sauce, Macadamia Nuts

+ Mapple syrup & pure organic mapple flakes
that I bought when waiting for my flight @ Montréal, Canada on the way back home...

anan

sarNie Adult
<July Foodie />

Saturday 10 July 2010: Spinach Salads with Almonds

Lunch time for less than 1 € in less than 10min :p ~~~ Raw is Good ~~~ :D

Monday 12 July 2010: Azuki Dessert with Melon and Tapioca pearls...

My little sin... Very simple recipe, and refreshing for Hot Summer...

Wednesday 14 July 2010: Crepes with Maple Syrup

My morning breakfast ! Wanted to taste my newly Maple Syrup :p

Wednesday 14 July 2010: Crème Brulée with Macadamia Nuts & Chocolate Mousse...

My Big Sin.

Saturday 17 July 2010: Rabbit Stew with white Wine.

Very perfumed (french style with different fine herbs) and delicious with a good bottle of white wine...

Sunday18 July 2010: Homemade Blueberries Jam

My cousin brought me 1.3Kg of organic Blueberries during her summer job. Can't eat them all, so i decided to make jam :p

SoO Perfect for a very simple morning breakfast :p

Saturday 31 July 2010: Sardines Salads

my 2$ very simple meal, with a good bottle of Rosé Wine for lunch time :p ....

... and Steam Chicken Balls with Miso Soup

for dinner time.... :p

,,, so sweet & sour :p

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Those macadamia nut souvenirs from US was put to good use for the dessert huh? lol.

I like your azuki dessert with melon and tapioca pearls since I love melon. Is it just coconut milk they're swimming in? Kind of like tapioca and fruit nam wan? May i request the recipe please if it's different?

That is a fat squirrel and lazy seals, totally American, I love it hahahaha.

anan

sarNie Adult
Those macadamia nut souvenirs from US was put to good use for the dessert huh? lol.
YESSSS, indeed !!!! LOL,,, i put them in water first, wash a little bit to remove the salt, and dry in towel before use ^_^

I like your azuki dessert with melon and tapioca pearls since I love melon. Is it just coconut milk they're swimming in? Kind of like tapioca and fruit nam wan? May i request the recipe please if it's different?
For Azuki dessert it's very simple, put these beans in water and let them rest for 1 night to soften them a little bit,
for the big day, boil water and add azuki to cook them. (2 to 3 volume of water for 1 volume of azuki), let it cook for 30 to 45min... check from time to time if it's enough soft for you (if not, add extra water if necessary), if it's ok, take these beans out of water.

Now boil another water, add tapioca pearls and mix slowly for 5-10min, you can then add sugar cane (it's up to your taste), if your melon is already very sweet, no need to add that much sugar. Mix slowly.... then add azuki.... mix slowly for 5-10 more minutes with very low heat...

Your dessert is almost done, let it cool slowly....

prepare & cut your melon into small pieces, and then mix all together carefully, add coconut milk @ the end before serving....

Extra suggestion tip before serving (optional) :

Add ice, and a little bit of maple syrup or sugar cane syrup before serving,,, it's hella deliciousssS too :p