Any Thai stars who are non-Buddhist ?

chngnsch

sarNie Juvenile
I think Arnus is Muslim too.

I'm always confused as to why people don't think Catholics are Christians. I remember one time I was waiting for the bus at school and this random old lady who was Baptist came up to me and asked all sorts of questions. Told her I was Catholic and she said something like so you're not Christian. The first form of established Christianity was Catholicism, most every form of Christianity derived from Catholicism. The first split occurred when the Eastern Orthodoxes split from Roman Catholics. Then the next split was from the Protestant/Martin Luther movement which gave way to Christian denominations like Protestants, Lutherans, Baptists etc.
Hey hey, first established Christianity had no particular sect. Catholicism was part of a split - which included a change of doctrine on Catholic part. The Christian sect that follows the original ideas most closely is Orthodox (Greek/East European and also closely resembled by Egyptian Coptic), while Catholicism proposed a lot of new rules and produced several new methods of reading into the biblical episodes. Orthodox was not a split from Catholicism - the split occurred simultaneously =) (some accepted the idea of catholic - world religion - some did not).

But I do concur - Catholics are Christians =).
That and I am not religious by the way, just some history for ye.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
I think some people they believe in God but don't believe in Jesus Christ, or they believe that Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Ghost is just one person. Maybe that is why they don't want to be under Christian because they don't believe Jesus is the Christ.
God the father, Jesus (God the son), and the Holy Spirit is all in one. "Trinity." That is the foundation for all Christian. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed

The other one you are referring to is a gnostic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

EDIT

When did this turn into a Christian discussion? Religion and this sort can get pretty heated. B) :p

Jesus gave authority to his apostles to teach and to make followers of his teaching. His apostles thus in turn, made disciples to continue the teaching of Christ and his message of salvation. (Paul was not one of the original disciple but he had authority to teach the word because he had encounter Christ on one of his journey). Paul and Peter were crucified in Rome. These two could be argue as the two most important disciples of Christ. Paul and Peter gave their disciples permission (authority) to teach the teaching of Christ. In Rome is where most of them stay and they in turn became strong religious figures until Constantine.

When Constantine came into power, there was not a unified voice in Christianity in term of teaching and believes. He gave all the bishops and religious leaders throughout the Mediterranean sea to come up with doctrines that will united everyone and that it was right. Everything that was not consistent was thrown out or said to be heresies. Gnostics texts were thought to be hersey and many others. The Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed made a definitive statement of the Church's faith in the equal divinity and the consubstantiality of both the son and Holy Spirit with God the father. That was a rejection of Arianism.

The headquarter of religious studies were in Rome for a while until Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire to Constantinople (modern day Turkey). While there, doctrines and religious believes started to difficult. The final straw came in 1054 when The Pope and Patriarch of Constantinople excommunicated each other.

The rest is all in history. To long and complicated to explain. To tired to dig up my theological books. Good night and good day to everyone. Get back to the original subject.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I consider the conversion of Constantine the turning point for Christianity and the "official" establishment of Christianity. Theodosius declared Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire later. Of course there were followers of Jesus way before then and they did their own little thing but they weren't established. The first use of the term Catholic Church was by St. Ignatius who was believed to be a follower of John. Regardless Roman Catholics/Eastern Orthodox shared the same history, they were one and the same until the Great Schism and it doesn't matter who divided from whom, that doesn't affect the statement that Catholic Church was the first established Christian Church because the term Catholics encompasses both. The full name of the East after all is still Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church.

And what do you define as original ideas? The teachings of Jesus as denoted by the Apostles? If that's the case then I think it's dangerous to claim who or what follows them most closely. That will never be settled nor can it be proven. Every single church out there claims that they follow the teachings of Jesus the best.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Wow, I'm about to bump a more than a decade old thread hahaha. I'm also interested to find out about this, considering Thailand is predominantly Buddhist.

I found out that Pooklook is a Christian. Looks like she owns this IG account.

Yes, I’ve seen her post those quotes to her personal ig story before. I think even once, Mike did. I know Tuptim is another one who doesn’t follow that religion. She’s a Muslim.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Most Thai celebs are Buddhists since 95% of the country are Buddhist practitioners. Only ones I know of who aren't: Tangmo and Jay Jetrin's family. I'm sure there is more but its quite rare to come across.

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
Ice Preechaya is Christian, too. I think Esther is too or I remember seeing it on her IG before.

There are very few non-Buddhists in Thailand.