any upcoming projects??

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
hey monstaness...if singing is your passion then i am sure you will find a way.

I am a firm believer of my quote "Talent may make you a star, but a Superstar is not made by talent alone!"

I truely believe that what sets a star from a SUPERSTAR is in how the person rises up to all challenges and the way that they handle each situation. Sure we all got problems and issues, but a true superstar will find ways to overcome each obstacle and make sacrafices so that he/she will reach their dreams.....

As you all know...I started off with a group of singers for Advent Vibe...in the end only the ones who want it the most survived. In anything you do, you have to want it bad enough to make sacrafices. You can't just say..since my family life is so screwed up, since I can't sing/act better than someone else ...I have no ride and no money...my family don't support me..I'm gonna quit!

The truth is...if you can sit and listen to each of the remaining AV members life stories, it's sad enough to make you weep up a storm. But they didn't let that hinder their dreams. They all did what they had to do...sacraficed hanging out with friends and family, came to practice every weekend when required....sang all day until their vocals felt like bursting...danced until they got so tired they didn't want to move.....

Not only that..besides school and work, they all had to remember lines for the drama...then after a long day of shooting they still had to sing until late into the night. Sometimes they don't get done until midnite. I don't think they've had a good weekend rest since we started this a year and a half ago. It's always been drama, singing, promotions and festivals. Through it all...they have never bitched or complained that its too hard or too tiring.

They always understood that this is the nature of the business. If you want something bad enough and there is someone willing to help you...then you had better be on that BOAT when it comes because one blink and you might just missed the opprtunity of a lifetime.

I have always drilled this "talent" verse into all my talents...those who caught the meaning stayed...while the others...they were very good kids who just had better things to do than stick around...lol....

I have never backed down on any of my promises to any of my kids. If I say they will get certain things then they do. I am always there to help them up that ladder, but its up to them to decide if they want my help or not. I cannot help anyone who will not help themselves....lol...

Sometimes people ask me if I am CRAZY to help kids who are perfect strangers to me up the ladder of success when they will one day eventually turn and screw me over...lol...

If I thought of it that way then i would have never started this. I believe in KARMA...do good and it will be returned ten folds. Screw over the hands that feed you....well you'll always get what you deserve in the end.

I want to help hmong kids because it is out of the kindness of my own heart so I cannot worry about who will or will not screw me over. And GOD knows how many of my past kids have already screwed me over...and yea..it hurts , but I cannot hate them for it. And I cannot help how they feel about me or our management/artistic team. All I can do is look at what we could have done better so as to avoid repeating the same situations again. You live and you learn. Like I said...I cannot help those who feel that they can do better elsewhere or are better than the rest....lol...

And..HOPEFULLY when they do get to the top one day...they will remember who it is that supported them and stood by their side when no one else would....that is all I can hope for.....because I don't know in advance which of my kids when walking through our doors have a hidden agenda or not....

PC Vaj

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i totally understand what you're talking about PC. becuz i have had struggles, but i'm not gonna let those struggles wear me down. i can't change my past, and if i don't get sumthin, im not gonna go n complain 24/7 about it...if you didn't get it, you didn't get it...they're not gonna go back and change their decision...

but yea..i do love to sing..even though i kno i don't have the BEST voice, i do know that unique voices are what makes a person shine..if everyone had the same voice, what good would that be to music? that's why i find bands to be very cool becuz each person in a band has his/her voice, and together they are outstanding...

PC, how did you select your AV members? and what r your requirements towards a singer?

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
i cant wait until this movie comes out...pc your killing me here...lol...

oh yea and im in the next project too rite??? lol

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
sure...lol...i love to have a sweet drama...
can;t wait...only a few week till it's release...remember seg...give us a t-ser...don't forget about the sarn fans waiting...:)...

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
PC do you mind telling us how much each of your actor got paid? i'm just curious...you don't have to say the exact amount...'cause from what i've known or experience before, most of the hmong movie maker now adays in the US only do it as volunteer. They're looking for actors but they don't paid the actor. Honesy, I did went to audition for a couple of production before, but all those production says the same thing, whether it's for the main character or side character, it's volunteer only, they don't paid. I understand that making movie in the US aren't easy, they don't earn much money out of it. So i was just wondering....

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
well...these people...the hmong mekas movie...our neighbor did one movie...they got like about $500 dollars...for the p'ek n n'ek...but don't know about the other people...
probably seg movie they won't paiid actors n actress until afterwards cause they haven't known the amount they got for the money yet...who knows...productions pay their own way...maybe seg's could be different..

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
PC do you mind telling us how much each of your actor got paid? i'm just curious...you don't have to say the exact amount...'cause from what i've known or experience before, most of the hmong movie maker now adays in the US only do it as volunteer. They're looking for actors but they don't paid the actor. Honesy, I did went to audition for a couple of production before, but all those production says the same thing, whether it's for the main character or side character, it's volunteer only, they don't paid. I understand that making movie in the US aren't easy, they don't earn much money out of it. So i was just wondering....
Hi..

Each of our actors hold a contract and is garanteed a certain amount once the movie sells a certain amount of copies. If we don't sell enough to cover our expenses then we all get nothing..... But most of these kids are good kids who would do it for free just for the experience. I am a fair person so I insisted on paying them if we did well. I have always maintained that I cannot know who the fans will like or not like so it is up to them to make or break the movie.

However...on a side note...I have had the pleasure of speaking with a lot of these other hmong directors (most if named you would automatically know) and they have also said that they didn't pay a dime. It was all volunteer work for the experience.

In addition...according to what I have seen my film school teacher did...it was all volunteer work too. He held auditions...got the actors in and told them it was volunteer and the actors do accept. Main reason is for the experience and something to look good on their resume...especially when you're an unknown. Besides..in L.A. everyone wants to be an actor...lol....I have to admit that the American actors that I have had the pleasure to direct were very good.

I tried my best to pick some of the best looking kids that can act that walked through SEG doors for auditions, but to each their own taste. Who I like may not be who you like and so the story goes...lol...

As far as auditioning again....I don't know... Nobody took us seriously last time around and so i am a little wary. Besides...I hate sitting through auditions because they're so damn boring. It is probably the hardest process in the entire movie making experience for me. It gets to the point that you actually know the entire 4-5 pages of audition dialogue and it gets repetitive with kids doing the same things.

Besides...we have enough actors in the SEG House to go with for a while. We pretty much are going to recast a few of our current actors for our next project. As a matter of fact, scripts are being written with specific actors in mind. The reason being is that we know who they are and how they work. We can trust them to be there and know that they will do a good job at it. That is why in a lot of American Movies...they never change their A list actors. Its always the same group of people. I thought my film school teacher was kidding me when he told me that.....but its true.

Boy...did I learn on the fly....flakes will be flakes...and then there will be those gems that you know you can always count on no matter what. These are the Tom Cruises, Harrison Fords, and Angelina Jolie's that you will always maintain and promote.

BUT....I do see that I will be needing a few new leading ladies. To be honest...I plan on doing my next project with Vang Vue and MTV as leads. I have discussed it with the both of them and I am waiting for 3 Lub Tooj Npab to clear before I proceed with talks to them. I am sure they will be good to go. They both work tremendously well together and have become good friends in reality. In addition..after working with them..I cannot stress enough how much I am impressed with their work ethics. . They are the worst jokesters on set. Their facial expression are priceless when it comes to comedic timing. Its hard to imagine them doing it if you see them in their current roles, but if you knew them like we did...lol...

So I have promised Vang and MTV that i will write up a script for them and it would be a comedy set in modern day. BUT that project will most likely not be until 2009 after Sao's project wraps up. And also...if we don't continue shooting the 2nd installment to 3 Lub Tooj Npab. That script is done and just waiting to be shot. Most likely all of the main male leads will be back to reprise their roles, but I will cast new leading ladies.

SEG

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
Hi..

Each of our actors hold a contract and is garanteed a certain amount once the movie sells a certain amount of copies. If we don't sell enough to cover our expenses then we all get nothing..... But most of these kids are good kids who would do it for free just for the experience. I am a fair person so I insisted on paying them if we did well. I have always maintained that I cannot know who the fans will like or not like so it is up to them to make or break the movie.

However...on a side note...I have had the pleasure of speaking with a lot of these other hmong directors (most if named you would automatically know) and they have also said that they didn't pay a dime. It was all volunteer work for the experience.

In addition...according to what I have seen my film school teacher did...it was all volunteer work too. He held auditions...got the actors in and told them it was volunteer and the actors do accept. Main reason is for the experience and something to look good on their resume...especially when you're an unknown. Besides..in L.A. everyone wants to be an actor...lol....I have to admit that the American actors that I have had the pleasure to direct were very good.

I tried my best to pick some of the best looking kids that can act that walked through SEG doors for auditions, but to each their own taste. Who I like may not be who you like and so the story goes...lol...

As far as auditioning again....I don't know... Nobody took us seriously last time around and so i am a little wary. Besides...I hate sitting through auditions because they're so damn boring. It is probably the hardest process in the entire movie making experience for me. It gets to the point that you actually know the entire 4-5 pages of audition dialogue and it gets repetitive with kids doing the same things.

Besides...we have enough actors in the SEG House to go with for a while. We pretty much are going to recast a few of our current actors for our next project. As a matter of fact, scripts are being written with specific actors in mind. The reason being is that we know who they are and how they work. We can trust them to be there and know that they will do a good job at it. That is why in a lot of American Movies...they never change their A list actors. Its always the same group of people. I thought my film school teacher was kidding me when he told me that.....but its true.

Boy...did I learn on the fly....flakes will be flakes...and then there will be those gems that you know you can always count on no matter what. These are the Tom Cruises, Harrison Fords, and Angelina Jolie's that you will always maintain and promote.

BUT....I do see that I will be needing a few new leading ladies. To be honest...I plan on doing my next project with Vang Vue and MTV as leads. I have discussed it with the both of them and I am waiting for 3 Lub Tooj Npab to clear before I proceed with talks to them. I am sure they will be good to go. They both work tremendously well together and have become good friends in reality. In addition..after working with them..I cannot stress enough how much I am impressed with their work ethics. . They are the worst jokesters on set. Their facial expression are priceless when it comes to comedic timing. Its hard to imagine them doing it if you see them in their current roles, but if you knew them like we did...lol...

So I have promised Vang and MTV that i will write up a script for them and it would be a comedy set in modern day. BUT that project will most likely not be until 2009 after Sao's project wraps up. And also...if we don't continue shooting the 2nd installment to 3 Lub Tooj Npab. That script is done and just waiting to be shot. Most likely all of the main male leads will be back to reprise their roles, but I will cast new leading ladies.

SEG

another project...cool...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
lol...PC u r doing so much for the film, and from what u've said, i think it's gonna be a great turn out! but aside from filming and movies...will u ever be looking for singers? i dont kno if u kno, but the korean industry takes people and trains them in a specific field, acting or singing, basically making them trainees..n then when they have a project available, they will put the trainees up for that project n promote them the best that they can

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I was kind of disappointed that the trailer emphasis more on the leading lady's sister. And MTV (Muaj Tseeb Vaj) the leading guy was only feature once.

I like how MTV made the disgusted look when he said "Cas kuv yuav txub cov neeg pluag ua luaj li lo (Why/Man, I hate poor people so much)." lol. He look piss off, a good expression. I like when Mai Lia Lor speaks hmong, it's better than her English.

Let me point...in the beginning where the text are shown, happily was spell "happly." Also in Mai Lia Lor's dialogue, where she got knocked off from the bike she says "this is not a racing track" I think the suffix "ing" should had been taken out, so she would be saying "this is not a race track" it would had sounded better. Also for a trailer, the transition used were casual blackout/black in. It could had been stronger if there was a glittery or explosion transition, something to intensify the situation.

It's just a 1 min. 46 sec. clip, so I'm judging according to the trailer. I think there will be more intensity than what meets the eye.