Anyone here good fluent in French and English?

fun

Expired Sarnie
I had the funniest conversation ever. My first language is not English. I have families in France. My uncle owns a small fishing resort, he called one day. He wanted to show his website to us so that we can show it to my other relatives. One problem... And I thought I was bad at my own language, the kids around my age can barely speak it there. At least I can have a decent conversation. I see we are going to have a difficult time communicating in the future. I have cousins there that are learning English but it's no help. When they came over, they asked me question, I barely understood them. I took French in high school but to be honest, I learn crap ahahaha we had two horrible French teacher, one was a Spanish teacher. And the other is a native French teacher, but we couldn't understand what she says half the time lol... Anyways, he was spelling out the letters, but he said it in French. I was struggling to understand. Therefore, he decided to email the URL. He asked for my email and thank goodness I made an account in my language. But then another problem arise, I had no clue how to say @, I didn't know how to explain to him. It took about 5 minutes to get that over with. And then comes another problem. I had never learned about punctuation before. How in the world am I going to say "dot" com. And then he made a "bam" sound. I was laughing so hard, because I knew what he meant. He was like that little "bam" thing. Ahahaha. It is so much funnier if you actually heard him. It has been days, he called again. I said, just write and mail it lol

Anyways the thing I wanted to ask was, how would you say @ in French?

XCappy

Mr. Char
May got it right. The root name is "arobase". Actually, we are spelling mail address like in English => name[at]address[point]com. The @ remains "at" as in English, and the dot punctuation is called "point" in French, with a silent t-letter in the end.

Edit: In case you are facing some addresses with dash or underscore, here is a translation:

dash [-] = tiret
underscore [_] = underscore