Are Hmong actors and actresses cursed?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Is it just me or is Hmong people (actors & Actresses) dying after they make a movie(s)?? 0.o

I know three people who have actually passed away after making a movie.

I honestly think, Hmong people need to do a ceremony like them Thai people before making a movie so nothing will happened to the actors & actresses after the movie.

Thai people calls it a "Blessing Ceremony"
here's a video of one, at 0:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neRRBTwXRV4

What do you think about this topic? Should Hmong people start having one or not? :D Share you opinions. There is no right and wrong answers. :D

candi

sarNie Juvenile
I think it's just coincidence. People die all the time and some just happens to be hmong actors/actresses.

milacute04

sarNie Egg
I think it's just coincidence. People die all the time and some just happens to be hmong actors/actresses.

yeah me too... i think it's only a coincidence... if it's not a coincidence, then it just proves why our hmong king curse us for eternity..

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
let's see.. Pov Thoj, Yia the Bull, that girl who they cut off her head... and i think that's all that i can remember...
Yia the Bull was on my list too. Thanks for mentioning moon&sun.

To add to the list, two people I know personally has passed away.
One is my brother -n- law's brother, he played in this movie and then passed away a year later.

One is a close friend of mine. Some say, during one of the scene in the movie. He jumped into
the river/pond/lake whatever it was and his wife (Dragon) saw him and came to make him sick and to
take him away.

It might seem like a coincidence to other's but to some, its not. I don't know what these actors and actresses be
doing but i believe every movie needs to hold a blessing ceremony. :D

Another example, a little off topic but Kwm Lis who star as Nuj Nplaim. He didn't passed away but he got crazy after making that
Tiger movie. In Hmong culture, there are certain things you cannot say or do for fun. Like what Kwm Lis did in the Tiger movie. ;)

D_D

sarNie Egg
I think that they do need some kind of blessing before doing a movie. If you are going to make a TRUE or LEGEND movie, you BETTER pray and THOV before doing it. it's never fun to add or play a death role....or any role that will put your life in jeporady.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
I don't that a bad idea, in light of all the hmong stereotypes /superstitions out there. There's been times when we watch hmong movies and my mom's like: :"Oh no!! They shouldn't have done that. It's bad luck! Now they might get cursed or die..." (i.e. for scenes like if they were laying down in a coffin or something..etc).
And I remember even when the original Zeb & Sua movie came out that my parents were surprised by some of the scenes that were pretty "taboo" to make (like them playing ghosts, cleaning "graves"...etc.)

But it's not an entirely new idea to the hmong community: In "Nkauj Nyab"-- they did have a blessing ceremony & fiv yeem beforehand and asked for a shaman to bless all the filming locations. If you watch the extra stuff at the end, I think there was a small scene of them at the ceremony, and the director mentioned that they did it to ward off bad spirits. And as far as I know, nothing bad happened to the actors/actresses there.

D_D

sarNie Egg
I don't that a bad idea, in light of all the hmong stereotypes /superstitions out there. There's been times when we watch hmong movies and my mom's like: :"Oh no!! They shouldn't have done that. It's bad luck! Now they might get cursed or die..." (i.e. for scenes like if they were laying down in a coffin or something..etc).
And I remember even when the original Zeb & Sua movie came out that my parents were surprised by some of the scenes that were pretty "taboo" to make (like them playing ghosts, cleaning "graves"...etc.)

But it's not an entirely new idea to the hmong community: In "Nkauj Nyab"-- they did have a blessing ceremony & fiv yeem beforehand and asked for a shaman to bless all the filming locations. If you watch the extra stuff at the end, I think there was a small scene of them at the ceremony, and the director mentioned that they did it to ward off bad spirits. And as far as I know, nothing bad happened to the actors/actresses there.
That's what I'm saying....they need some kind of blessing or shaman blessing....

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid

yes yes i agree they should just do it because of the number of stereotypes we as hmong ppl have

i mean i know that a lot of hmong ppl as well as my family ask for permission of the spirits of the locations before we set up a camp site...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
wth.. he died? That's sad. I used to watch all his kickboxing videos with my brothers way back then. Anyone know how he died?

ugh245

sarNie Egg
yeah..its soo true..i agree..even rumors say
kub lis almost turned into this tiger after he
did that movie called"nuj phiaj thiab ntawm"..some
thing like that..and even my incle said its true..

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
They have to fiv yeem and all that stuff so
that nothing happens. I think Sua died after
that Zeb Thiab Sua movie. At least that's what
I heard.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
They have to fiv yeem and all that stuff so
that nothing happens. I think Sua died after
that Zeb Thiab Sua movie. At least that's what
I heard.
Sua is not dead. she just don't make movies no more.
however she is married and have kids. :)