Asian-Heritage Month

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
April is Asian-Heritage month, thus is anyone participating in any events to promote Asian culture (i.e. Lao, Thai, etc)? I know that at the Universities where there are Asian Organizations (i.e. Lao Student Association, Lao Organization Association for Student, Thai Student Association, ) are extremely busy during this time. They would have special guest speakers to speak about Asian culture once a week, then follow by culture show. Furthermore, even "Samakom" would host some events to promote Lao and/or Thai culture/heritage. Thus, is anyone live in a community or go to University that is promoting Lao and/or Thai culture in similar form?

After several interviews and other processes, I got invitation/or selected (lucky me) to model for the Lao wedding traditional clothing (apparently, everyone want this part) haha! There are going to be a very important people there, should I do it? haha

I know that in Washington State and Minnesota, the Lao student body are extremely excited for the month of April. They have put tremendous amount of work to promote Lao culture in April. If you guys are near these states, I advise to check them out.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
heey go for it, represent! that's awesome. just strut it and go on with ur bad self up on there ;)

noungning

Heartless
seems interesting, like dfemc said, go for it and represent yourself and the community at your best.

Keomany

Music.heal.All
lol my school is too serious and the only thing we have was asian festival take place in may thats pretty much only celebration

Rakniran

April is Asian-Heritage month, thus is anyone participating in any events to promote Asian culture (i.e. Lao, Thai, etc)? I know that at the Universities where there are Asian Organizations (i.e. Lao Student Association, Lao Organization Association for Student, Thai Student Association, ) are extremely busy during this time. They would have special guest speakers to speak about Asian culture once a week, then follow by culture show. Furthermore, even "Samakom" would host some events to promote Lao and/or Thai culture/heritage. Thus, is anyone live in a community or go to University that is promoting Lao and/or Thai culture in similar form?

After several interviews and other processes, I got invitation/or selected (lucky me) to model for the Lao wedding traditional clothing (apparently, everyone want this part) haha! There are going to be a very important people there, should I do it? haha

I know that in Washington State and Minnesota, the Lao student body are extremely excited for the month of April. They have put tremendous amount of work to promote Lao culture in April. If you guys are near these states, I advise to check them out.

can you please share a pics of you modeling for the Lao wedding traditional clothing?i really would love to see those outfit.My wedding is going to be on august 2009.Just want to plan a head start.

Thanks