Asian Snacks?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
:lol: Ok what are some of the typical Asian snacks you know of or see people eating alot? And what are some of your favorites

Typical Ones: That I've Seen

Some of My Favorites

Credits To Site I got them from lmao;

ausa

sarNie Juvenile
i looovvee the yan yans, the hello pandas (both in choc) and shredded shrimp... yummmm
lol im having the lil jelly things atm

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Yeo's Soy Milk. I drink like 2 cans a day. When I went off to college they didn't have an Asian grocery store close by and I couldn't find them anywhere I tried Silk and it was nasty. I was so desperate I wanted to order it online.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Oh man I love this thread. I have so many favorite Asian snacks! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Pocky...the strawberry ones. And it has to be Pocky not some of those huge long stick ones named Chocky or something? Yeah Chocky's gross! And those jelly cup things are sooooo good too! I usually get the mango ones. My mom loves those mung bean cake things too. I actually dislike them. My dad and her also like those red bean ice cream things. Eeew. I like the coconut ice cream ones though. I like those soft flour sesame cake things too.

And these things:
God these are so good. Only the strawberry and custard ones. I hate the chocolate ones, they taste nasty.

I have so much more favorite asian snacks but i'm making myself really hungry now so I gotta go eat first haha.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
oooooooooo POCKYYYYY!!!!!! ooo i like dem mung bean cakes lol and black bean and red bean cakes lol ooooooo EGG CUSTARD tarts!!!!!!! and salapao lol (nom pao) i like both coconut and red bean icecream :) and durian haha. a lot of people can't stand da smell of durian but i think it's so hommmm lol oo i lob green mango w/ salt&chilli peppers. i used to eat dat whenever i watch lakorn lol

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
hahaha these must be regular people snacks, cuz when i snack, it's like pho, papaya salad, curry chicken, etc... :lol:

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL yea i snack w/ meals too lol but whenever i'm at da asian store i buy those snacks up dere to eat in da car on da way home LOL

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Yeah whenever I go to the Asian Market which is like a good 30 minutes or so drive away I always gotta buy stuff from the bakery like banh bao or curry beef bun and some other stuff and a boba tea either durian or thai tea lol and eat it on the drive home. my dad use to buy it for me before i got to to the bakery cause he knew what i always got and now i have to do it myself because im the one driving -.-" my daddy thinks im to old to be driving me around to places like that now lol j.k we still go grocery shop as a family sometime when i visit them lol

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
awwwwwwww how cuuute. i always have to ask my mama to get me things if she goin to da asian store. she usually don't think to buy me nothin lol she'll buy snacks though and share w/ me lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol my parents always know what I want so they buy it for me -.-" because they don't go to the asian market alot. they jus go like once every two weeks because there is a lao store close by and they buy their stuff from their that they eat on a daily basis because they are more lao oriented and thai oriented and that lao store is like the same lao and thai oriented so what they would do is going to the asian market every 2 weeks and they'd buy my sisters and i our favorite snacks hahah funny how we always go as a big family there and my sisters and I just run around while my parents shop .. now I still run around with my 6 year old sister I call her my daughter lol sometimes we get tired so we'd sit at one of those little restaurants outside of the market it's like a food court because the asian market here have started to make themselves look like a mall the grocery store inside but when you walk out the rest of the builiding has like food courts and little stands and next door is like another small store lol asians are gonna take over that city soon lmao they even started naming streets in Vietnamese over there

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
whoa vietnamese named streets. i'd be so lost LOL deres a huge ass viet shopping center in VA called eden center. i only went a few times. man i want a viet sub now lol

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
i'll hit both of ya'll up side the head for having food convo's without me!! hahahaha jk...sort of! but yeah, all the asian foods talk in here got me actually gettin' up off my lazy arse! i just got back from thai town, vietnam town, and korean/taiwanese town to load up on groceries for the next month. my day off...LOL. thank goodness for holidays! but yeah, i got some of the yummy little snacks that ya'll named in here. i'm eating it right now. it's deliciousioso! hahaha

boy, i tell ya, asians are gonna take over california too...it's gonna be like half asian and half mexican! :lol:

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL i never been to cali b4. only when i had a connecting flight to thailand at lax. dat airport is HUMUNGOUSLY GIGANTIC lol

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
...and you don't want to come to california. it's big for nothing. there's not much out here, in my opinion. i'm just waiting for an opportunity to get out. lol