AT&T Anyone has issue?

cecilia

Staff member
Anyway, I went to a local at&t store today and try to resolve a problem my dad has with the exchange/return policy. He bought a phone on saturday and couldn't figure out why he can't make any outgoing call and that it's complicate to use. Next day, he took it back to have an exchange done or a return on it so he can get a better phone. The rep told him he can't do anything because the phone left the premise and now his only way out is to buy another phone and keep the old one. They also said there's a $35 restock fee on it. No matter what my dad said, they refused him. He got angry and threw the phone on the floor and said there's no use of having a crappy phone so the store better keep it. Now, i went in today trying to put the pieces together and the assistant told me the same thing but he added that b/c my dad stomp his foot on the phone, there's nothing he can do about it. He was there and witness the whole incident so he knows what he's talking about and since i was not there, i don't know what's going on. My response to him was "so then can i please watch the video clip so i can figure what's going on here?' and you know what the assistant manager said to me? he said 'THE VIDEO HAS NO AUDIO' and i'm like, "it's fine, i can watch the actions and take it from there.' the assistant manager then turn around and said "i can't show you the clip" and stick to what he told me earlier -- b/c my dad stomp on it, he can't do anything about it. I told him that if the store would have honor the policy they stated online (30 days back refund/return) then things wouldn't resort to this matter. No matter what i say, the assistant manager says the same thing 'the minute he step on the phone, the customer services end there.' -- what i don't get is this, how many time do i have to tell him that it's the customer services fault for not honoring what they promise to do. if they did exactly what had been stated online and on the receipt -- things wouldn't turn this sour. And again, i got no answer but 'we can't do anything' from the assistant manager. I personally think it's rude -- very rude of the store to do this in the first place. I blame my dad for stomping over the phone but i could understand his frustration. After today incident from there and the way they treat me whether we're old customer or not, i don't think i will ever RENEW my contract with them EVER again as i find out later on that it's very difficult to get a hold of someone who will listen well to this story.

I also try to contact corporate office and out of all things, there's none to be found. I google it up and finally found one only to talk to another agent in another state. Complain can't be file as there is no e-mail address available or any other phone except A P.O. BOX mailbox to write too .. First thoughts came to mind, wthey! So now, I'm writing to complain through mail? Excuses, excuses. I finally understood why the big head decided to take this route -- to avoid all matters -- if my letter get lost in the mail, oops, too bad so sad for me. BAD BAD customer services. Worst experience in my life! I will never EVER get services from at&t again.

anyway, tell me what y'all think -- i personally will not recommend this company to anyone from now on. I'm sick to my stomach, thinking of what i've been through a few hours ago. It'd a lesson learn for me.

thai4ever93

sarNie Oldmaid
aww man, sorry to hear that happened to you. I also have at&t, i'm not too fond of it myself. i never purchased a phone directly at an at&t store though, i bought it at Best Buy an electronic store.

They are so messed up, I can't believe they did that to your dad. I wish your dad didn't throw the phone on the ground and stomp on it because then you would have been able to keep fighting for your rights. But now they are gonna use that against you guys. But they're so stupid, it's like you said ... if they kept to their words that is advertised worldwide then there wouldn't be a problem. They're so freaken cheap, and they rip us off all the time.

They kept charging us more than we had to pay, so my mom called and complained and now they don't overcharge us, but they are still so stingy. I don't recommend the company to anyone either...the only reason why I am with them is because my brother made a family plan. I so want to move to Sprint or something.

cecilia

Staff member
^right, sadly he stomped over it so i can't do anything about it but i'm just angry that they made him so mad to the point where he release his anger on the things he bought. They shouldn't have drove him to that point. If this is the case, they didn't do their job well .. they push the limit too far ..

I USED to have sprint and i have no other problem with them or their products .. however, i didn't need a phone so i discontinue my services with them. During my 1 year of no-phone,i've been bother by my family to join the family plan here at at&t .. however, i didn't give in and sign up with them. Now that i've encountered this, i don't' think i will ever go near an at&t store again .. i hate their bitter business!

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
Samethin happened to my mom. My mom paid off the bill and they kept charging her. They said it cost 200 just to get the phone shut off. My mom paid and they sent another bill. So mymom got mad and complained and paid the "rest " of the money. So none of my family went back there.

thai4ever93

sarNie Oldmaid
Yes do stay away from them, I'm trying to escape myself. I can't understand how you could be so rude to a customer when your company said it yourself "30-day money back guarantee". I wish they didn't get away with that, but they get away with so much dirty work.

cecilia

Staff member
^it's sickening to me that they don't live by what they promise .. the policy online and on the receipt is pretty much crap -- i know i for sure dont' want to have crappy services by contract so yes, i will never ever want to be near that and hope whoever read this think about it before they sign their name on that 2 year contract with pure bad services lol

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Man that's terrible. My dad took back his his 2 new phones twice and they still took it back in used condition but we live in Canada so things might be different.

kulyia

RUK
I was there recently about two months ago to get my infuse and the manager of the place kept pursuading me to get this get that so i could waste my money on it. He knew i didnt know much about the one year polucy on tge phone and all that so he kept pushing the button on me so my brother said no. My brother wanted to call and report his ass but he didnt in the end.