Baan Sai Thong

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Hey! I was surprised that there wasn't already a thread for this lakorn! I kept looking over and over again, lol!

Neeways, I really like and enjoyed this lakorn. Even with the whole deal about rich vs. poor, it was unique and really nice! This is my favorite Num drama, the first I see him and Joy actually, and they made such a cute pair! :wub: I fell in love with them instantly watching this! Num was freaking HANDSOME in here, all mature! And Joy was so cute and pretty, they played their parts extremely well!

Some of the cutest parts was during the honeymoon! XD Num was being so cute, pretending to slap away mosquitoes, lol! I just felt this strong connection and bond and chemistry between him and Joy!

Does anyone know what year it was aired in? :unsure: It seems pretty old, but I don't think it was too old either...And can anyone tell me what the original character names are, because I watched a dubbed version so the names were pronounced a bit different. ^_^'

fun

Expired Sarnie
you know i cant even remember when this was aired... i guess around 2000... one of my favorite lakorn but i never liked joy... i mean i dont hate her at all but i just dont like her... i guess i am not too fond of her acting but maybe in others eyes they see it a different way...

i did cried in this lakorn and it does sound odd... there was not too much sad scene but everything all together was just too sad even with a happy ending...

jjinxx

i agree, even with the happy ending and all the happy and cute and sweet parts, throughout everything there was just so much going on and Chaiclan's family was so messed up - i mean his mom and sister - and then the issues that came up after he and Po got married!
so emotional and overwhelming!

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm prettie sure it aired in 2001 for some reason but i'm juz wondering..but do you happen to be Hmong cuz i know tis lakorn hit the Hmong community HARD!!

and the young girls and old ladies didn't speak anything but Chaiglum and Pojamah for a couple of years...LOL..

This lakorn is personally one of my fav. and is very close to the heart for me...i remember very well in the beginning wen Pojamah aheaded to Ban Xai Tong in the train and while reading her father wrote that he was first disappointed that she wasn't a son but now he realizes that she falls no short of the capability of a boy/ men...i thought that was very sweet and the whole ting about Family Name and Family Face...it also means a lot to me so this lakorn was a plus.....and this was actuallie the first lakorn the pra'ek didn't tell the nang'ek he loves her..tat was interesting...omg! i'm rambling..anywayz it goes to show that action speaks louder than words....he neva told her he loves her but all the tings he did..and the things he gave up for her shows that he loves her more than love itself....awww...i tink i have to go back to watch it now...

jjinxx

i'm prettie sure it aired in 2001 for some reason but i'm juz wondering..but do you happen to be Hmong cuz i know tis lakorn hit the Hmong community HARD!!

and the young girls and old ladies didn't speak anything but Chaiglum and Pojamah for a couple of years...LOL..

This lakorn is personally one of my fav. and is very close to the heart for me...i remember very well in the beginning wen Pojamah aheaded to Ban Xai Tong in the train and while reading her father wrote that he was first disappointed that she wasn't a son but now he realizes that she falls no short of the capability of a boy/ men...i thought that was very sweet and the whole ting about Family Name and Family Face...it also means a lot to me so this lakorn was a plus.....and this was actuallie the first lakorn the pra'ek didn't tell the nang'ek he loves her..tat was interesting...omg! i'm rambling..anywayz it goes to show that action speaks louder than words....he neva told her he loves her but all the tings he did..and the things he gave up for her shows that he loves her more than love itself....awww...i tink i have to go back to watch it now...
lol, yup, you got it! I'm Hmong and very much one of those young girls who did nonstop talking/thinking/watching of BST! It is also one of my all time favorites, like probably second on my list, i'll never be able to ever forget it!
I agree, there were so many things that involved the whole family deal, which was so emotional and i remember always getting worked up about it everytime something happened to Pojamah or the way Chai's family treated her! I even cried a couple of times! Especially at the beginning, all the things she went through! i would never have survived that long in that place...
BUT THEN... *drumroll* O.M.G. When Chaiglum appeared and caught her in his arms (after she got the shit scared out of her) my heart totally stopped! The VERY FIRST TIME i ever watched, i just fell so hard for him! :yahoo: LOOOL...and then after that, i think it was easier to survive...
wahaha! but omg, that's so right! I love the way Chaiglum was when he let himself go and wasn't all strict in front of Pojamah! gosh, he is one of the sweetest guys ever! It was always so suspenseful when he wanted to say something to her but stopped himself...
I was always so sad whenever Chai wasn't around Po...
I really want to watch this one again and get my own copy - i don't care whether it's dubbed - but since it was a couple years ago now, I have such a hard time finding a copy!!! :( Which is so depressing...

lol, i remember staying up so late because i never want to stop watching it once i start.

jjinxx

I just finished rewatching the dubbed version. gosh, brought me back all those memories and emotions! LOL, fell for Num and Joy all over again! XD those two are just so cute together! .... man, i wish they'd do another lakorn together... :lol:
I'm so happy watching their love story, it's got to be one of the most lovely things i've watched...And the relationship of Chaiglum and Pojaman...I like how they are both strong, and sometimes challenge each other. lol, though sometimes they're both too stubborn. ^_^ And i like that he trusts her so much! There's so much more I love about them..

do you think they should remake this lakorn? It's such a classic, I don't know if they'll ever be able to make it better than with Num and Joy, but it'd be nice to watch again, cuz i just love the whole story of Ban Saithong...
I would choose Aff and Aum for the remake...Aff is so lovely, like Joy she suits the strong girl character...
Plus these picture are similar to BTS! Elegant like...

Aum here is dressed like Num,haha

skies

sarNie Adult
i like this series too...and didn't they play another series together, but a modern day one...called something "hark liem prakan" i don't know...but yeah, that series was good too.. :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
I saw those picture and dammit, what a perfect casting. I am not so sure about Aff, but Aum. He got it going.

fun

Expired Sarnie
No I am in the right thread. Let me clarify. It would be good if Aum stars in Bansaithong, he would make it popular again. But I am not so sure, if Aff suits the role of Potchama.

jjinxx

lol, no, this is the right thread. i was just using those pictures to show why i thought Aum and Aff might suit the roles for Chaiglum and Potchama... ^_^

I really love this lakorn, lol, i've been listening to the soundtrack lately and i just love the way the music is so classic and it sounds really good!

OH YEAH! skies, i've only seen the trailer for that modern lakorn of Num and Joy and I sosososos want to watch it!! Do you know where i can watch it with or without subs??? it looks so interesting, and i love the way it seemed like Num's character was like all tough and rough! lol, it looks really good!!! XD :lol: B)

I also think the casting was really good...gosh, listen to me, lol, i'm just so in love with the cast, even the really mean characters were perfect!!! XD

:lol: OMG!:yahoo: IVE BEEN THERE! AFTER WATCHING BAHNSAITHONG I WAS HOOKED ON NOOM SORNRAM AND JOY RINLANEE... HAHA! I STARTED MAKING THESE CRAZY WALLPAPERS THAT I KEEP ON MY DESKTOP. MY SISTER IN LAW AND MOM THOUGHT I WAS GOING NUTZ... HAHA! :lol: I WOULD STAY UP TIL 3 OR IN THE MORNING JUST WATCHING THIS LAKORN. THEN GET UP AT 6 AND READY FOR SKOOL... HAHA! I ALSO MADE MUSIC VDOS TOO... I HAD MY LITTLE SISTER POST THEM UP ON YOUTUBE. I SPENT SO MUCH TIME! OMG! BUT I STILL LOVE THIS DRAMA TIL THIS DAY. JUST LIKE ONE OF THE THREADS MENTIONED THAT PR'EK NEVER SAID HE LOVED HER UNTIL THE END OF THE DRAMA. TRUE TRUE TO THAT. EMOTIONS EXPRESS MORE THEN WORDS. JUST LIKE p'YING YAIS SAID IN THE LAKORN... "LOVE LOVE LOVE... WHY DO ALL GIRLS ALWAYS WANT TO ONLY HEAR THOSE WORDS." HAHA... OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT... HEHE!
IMA BORED... I POST UP LINKS TO SUM OF MY DUMB WALLIES I MADE LIKE WAY BACK IN 2000-2001. HEHE! eNJOY! :p

Noom Crystal Ball
Noom and Joy and others1
Noom and Joy and others 2

i have more, but i cant find them ATM. Ill upload them if i have time or feel like it. Jus want to show the ones that i alwaise had on my photobuckt. hehe!
music vdos:

WINmarn See Chumpoo
Hlub Tsis Muaj Peev Xwm by Phillip using BahNsaithong

jjinxx

:lol: OMG!:yahoo: IVE BEEN THERE! AFTER WATCHING BAHNSAITHONG I WAS HOOKED ON NOOM SORNRAM AND JOY RINLANEE... HAHA! I STARTED MAKING THESE CRAZY WALLPAPERS THAT I KEEP ON MY DESKTOP. MY SISTER IN LAW AND MOM THOUGHT I WAS GOING NUTZ... HAHA! :lol: I WOULD STAY UP TIL 3 OR IN THE MORNING JUST WATCHING THIS LAKORN. THEN GET UP AT 6 AND READY FOR SKOOL... HAHA! I ALSO MADE MUSIC VDOS TOO... I HAD MY LITTLE SISTER POST THEM UP ON YOUTUBE. I SPENT SO MUCH TIME! OMG! BUT I STILL LOVE THIS DRAMA TIL THIS DAY. JUST LIKE ONE OF THE THREADS MENTIONED THAT PR'EK NEVER SAID HE LOVED HER UNTIL THE END OF THE DRAMA. TRUE TRUE TO THAT. EMOTIONS EXPRESS MORE THEN WORDS. JUST LIKE p'YING YAIS SAID IN THE LAKORN... "LOVE LOVE LOVE... WHY DO ALL GIRLS ALWAYS WANT TO ONLY HEAR THOSE WORDS." HAHA... OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT... HEHE!
IMA BORED... I POST UP LINKS TO SUM OF MY DUMB WALLIES I MADE LIKE WAY BACK IN 2000-2001. HEHE! eNJOY! :p

Noom Crystal Ball
Noom and Joy and others1
Noom and Joy and others 2

i have more, but i cant find them ATM. Ill upload them if i have time or feel like it. Jus want to show the ones that i alwaise had on my photobuckt. hehe!
music vdos:

WINmarn See Chumpoo
Hlub Tsis Muaj Peev Xwm by Phillip using BahNsaithong
OMG, You rock! XD great wallies and the vids are so cool! i always wanted to make a vid for Bansaithong but i haven't had time! Oh, and thanks for the lyrics for the song Winmarn See Chumpoo, that is one of my fav. songs from the soundtrack! What does the title exactly mean?? please help me out, i've been desperately looking for it! lol! OMG, same here! Gosh, i barely remember exactly when i started watching Bansaithong but once it got on the screen i would NOT stop, and i stayed up all night finishing it, then the next day rewatched it loool!!! :p NUM is soooo hot, and i loved watching him with JOY! :wub:
Say, can you help me out? Do you know the character's names in the lakorn? Cuz i saw the dubbed version and not all the names are the same right? ^^' I just love this lakorn so much, it's my all time favorite!!! Lately when i have nothing to do i would just watch it on youtube!

hm...they might remake it...isn't the Num and Joy one a remake too? i read that there was a 80's version ... ???