Banner Tutorial

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
Banner Tut. =]

1.ok, before i start i want to say result may varies depending on the picture your using. =] In this tutorial, it’s best if you use a picture with only one color background or don’t have a lot of things going on in the background since it would be harder to work with. In here I will be using a picture of LeeJunKi. :p

2. resize your banner and change color setting or anything else if needed. remember to place your person to the right of the banner like i have done so it would be easier to work with, but you don't have to.

3. make a new layer and fill it with a black color. then on your layer pallete, add the layer mask. there should be a white layer next to the black layer.
--------------------->

4. make sure that on foreground, the white is ontop and the black is on the bottom. then take your earser tool with a soft round brush of 100 or 200 and gently earse the black part off the face, so i would have something like this:

5. next open up a new window with 500 x 500 pixels and fill with with a black. go to Filter > Render > Lens Flare and click in the lower part of the right hand corner.

6. then go to Filter > Blur>Gaussian Blur and for the Radius, put in 15.8. then copy and past it on your banner setting it to Screen Light. Move it around so that the light spot is next to your person or until your liking. =]

7.Now go back to your window with your Lens Flare. then go to Filter > Distort > Wave. make sure that the setting is like the picture shown below and do it once more. then you should get something like in the second picture.

8. next press Shift+Ctrl+U together so that the picture is black and white then copy it onto your banner, move it around to your liking then setting it to SoftLight. Now for the cool part! Go up to Image>Adjustment>Color Balance. play with the color till your liking. and if needed get your earser tool and earse things that you don't want, like for example some parts of the coloring cover his face so i kind of earse it.

9. Now go to press Shift+Ctrl+C together and paste it, setting it to Softlight giving you a more vibrate coloring and if you don't think it's enough duplicate another one and set it to soft like or however you want it to be. Then add text and your done unless you want to add brushes and such to make it all pretty. =] We all know we like to see pretty things. =]

if there's any confusion, comments, conerns or just question please ask. :D

DO NOT TAKE OUT OF SARNWORLD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Thanks babe_girl ... ^_^..

but some part got me confused like when you said to set it on soft light n such..
i did that but the lens disspaeared instead.. so i just left it alone..

but thanks a lot for the tutorial ^_^ .. xp..