Basket Lady

myx

sArNieZ
have anyone heard of the basket lady. she is a spirit. when you call her she comes and talk to you. by moving the basket side to side.

i've seen one when i went to visit my grandma. it was at night around 11pm. she went outside and call the spirit w/ some corns (she says that corn are money to the basket lady). so i sat there looking at my grandma holding the basket. when she call the basket the basket jump up and down. so when she ask a question the basket will tap 2 or 1 time if it was true or false. also u could ask a question w/ multiple answer by laying down the corn in the floor and the basket will tap on one of the corn indicating the right answer.

i've ask my grandfather if that thing can really tell the true, he says that sometime it's true and sometime it's not.

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
it looks creepy but if you already saw it then it could be true but me, i haven't see anything like this b4 and wow, it look creepy

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
my cousin do that thing...she's the one that calls n say stuff or i'll say can understand what the basket lady refers or is talking about..

myx

sArNieZ
i ask my mom how do my grandma do this, and she says that u just learn the spell (whatever their call in hmong) and try to call if the spirit will come. it's not like being a shaman where u have to be chosen.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i ask my mom how do my grandma do this, and she says that u just learn the spell (whatever their call in hmong) and try to call if the spirit will come. it's not like being a shaman where u have to be chosen.
really??? hmmm..now i really want to kno the spell...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
have anyone heard of the basket lady. she is a spirit. when you call her she comes and talk to you. by moving the basket side to side.

i've seen one when i went to visit my grandma. it was at night around 11pm. she went outside and call the spirit w/ some corns (she says that corn are money to the basket lady). so i sat there looking at my grandma holding the basket. when she call the basket the basket jump up and down. so when she ask a question the basket will tap 2 or 1 time if it was true or false. also u could ask a question w/ multiple answer by laying down the corn in the floor and the basket will tap on one of the corn indicating the right answer.

i've ask my grandfather if that thing can really tell the true, he says that sometime it's true and sometime it's not.

oh yeah, i heard about it...

and some people say its true.. depending on how the person takes it..

my sister who is married believes it so yeah. :D i guess its true.

myx

sArNieZ
about 3 months ago, when i first saw the basket lady. on that night my grandmother ask the lady when is my youngest uncle going to get married, and it says in 4 months. guess what, it's only been 3 months and my grandma call and tell us that my unlce (the same one) is going to get marry next month.

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
I've seen it done a few times before, and a couple of those times were done for my mom and aunt. From my experience, I do not believe it is even possible nor true. How it's done is, the person who's doing the spell, makes a ragged doll of some sort with sticks forming the body and some cloths wrapped around it to make it seemed like it's wearing something. At least this is how she did it to my mom and my aunt. Then she will held one hand of the doll while my mom held the other one. Under the doll will be a basket, which we use a "vab". Then I think you asked the doll something and it will start to move around, shaking quite hard. :lol: Then the person who's doing the spell will interpret what that shaking motion of the doll means. It was hard to believe that the doll can become alive like that. I personally think that the spellcaster is the one who's doing all the moving because it seemed as if she was shaking the doll. My parents spent a few hundred dollars for this, and my aunt wasted around 1k. None of her predictions were true nor did it help at all.

Anyone who is considering this ritual to be done, I suggest you rethink this over. By the way, this is just my experience and it may vary to others.

debbieyanglove

sarNie Hatchling
never heard of the basket lady..
but broom lady..
hehehehe..that is so cool to watch..
when the broom sway back and forth.
really scary too.

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
i've heard of it...
i think almost everyone could do it...
but its just kinda scary cause u gotta know how to send her back too...
my mom told me that me sister and her friend use to do that when she was younger in thailand...
kinda creepy for me...