TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)

Characters:

Pancake Khemanit as Samantha [Sam]
Chace Crawford as Chace Thompson
Aof Chanapol as Adam
Tuptim Anyarin as Eve

***Poster credits Sunyah***

They say love is a beautiful thing. Wrong. If love is a beautiful thing, why do I feel neglected from the person I thought loved me the most. Why did my boyfriend cheat on me with my best friend and got her pregnant? Love doesn’t exist. Well, at least not to me. But that was during my “evil times”. I practically gave up on love. …..UNTIL………

They say don’t look for perfection. That was the general rule of finding true love. But Chace is perfect! He was always honest with me. He’s kind-hearted, warmth loving, and loves kids. Did I mention he’s good looking too? My heart beats fast every time I’m with him. He’s the last person I think of before going to sleep and he’s the first person I think of when I wake up He makes me smile and he actually listens to my stories unlike other guys where they just go “ahuh”, “yeah, I know”. So is this “perfect guy“ true love? I wouldn’t call it true love though. I call it beautiful love……..

TubbyTinker

Okay, I know I have a list of unfinished ff but I’m just in love with Chace Crawford right now and of course I love Pancake so here’s a story I wrote…hope you guys like it…..It’s a little different from my other stories…Pancake and Chace will be narrating the story….ENJOY!

TubbyTinker

Prologue

My name is Samantha. But everyone calls me Sam. I’m an only child from a divorce parents. Growing up, I was raised by my mom, Kim. We’re best friends and I usually talk to her about everything from school to boys. I never understood why my parents divorced. When I asked my mom about it, she would say “We weren’t meant to be.” I didn’t understand what that meant until that “we weren’t meant to be” happened to me. I had a boyfriend. His name is Troy. He was everything to me. We’ve known each other since the 7th grade but we started dating the summer of 8th grade. He was my best friend. And since I didn’t have a father, well I did, but he didn’t live with us, Troy was my first love and he’s like a father-figure to me, I guess. Not that he was old like my father but you get what I mean. He protected me from all the dangers, he had a kind-heart. Yes, I said HAD.

I remember it was the spring semester of my freshmen year. We just got back from Spring break and Troy acted weird around me. We didn’t really talk much like before. Actually, I noticed he was acting strange since we got into an argument a few months ago before Spring break. He wasn’t the only one acting strange, my best friend at that time, Jenny, was also acting strange. She didn’t tell me what was wrong but she kept on asking me, if she ever did anything to hurt my feelings, would I hate her. I said no because no matter what happens, we will still be best friends forever. I didn’t keep my words.

It was my 14th birthday and I held a party at my house. Before blowing off my cake, I noticed Troy and Jenny were missing. I went to go look for them and found them talking by the pool. I listened near by and all I heard was “I’m 2 months pregnant” and “I’ll take full responsibility“. My boyfriend had cheated on me with my best friend. My heart just dropped. Happy birthday to me. I just found out a secret that in my case was the worst secret I’ve ever heard. That night was the end of my relationship with Troy and my friendship with Jenny. They kept on apologizing and I didn’t forgive them. I never did.

I was sad and depress for awhile. Like a very long time. Troy was the only boy that had hurt me deeply. My mom comforted me and told me that Troy and I “weren’t meant to be” I knew I had to get away from that city and with all the lies. My mom told me that she had a talk with my dad and they agreed that I go live with him for “awhile”. I thought awhile meant a month or so but it’s been about 2 years now that I’ve lived with him. My father remarried and his new family is really nice. My step mom, Vanida, is really nice. She reminds me a lot like my own mom. I have a step-brother, Jonathan, who’s 5 years younger than me. We’ve became close after I “moved in”. So far, I like it here. New city, new home, new friends, and if I get lucky, maybe I’ll find true love here….NOT! After what happened between me and Troy, I don’t think true love exist anymore

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Omg, how could I possibly miss this story?!!! LOL. So far so good Thip. I like the introduction. I can relate it to my relationship with me&my bf ^_^

Wow, what a sad prologue and poor Sam. Troy is such a jerk. If I were her, I wouldn't forgive neither of them. And at the age of 14??? Crazy!!

Can't wait for more!!

TubbyTinker

Chapter 1: The Introduction

[Samantha]

It was a Monday morning. I got ready for school in my room. Thanksgiving break was short. Or maybe I was having too much fun, lol. Celebrating the holidays over here was much different when I was living with my mom. Bigger family, more food, more activities. Back at home with my mom, we had small dinners and we would watch a movie after that. It wasn’t boring, it was just “different”.

There was a knock on my door. It was my step mom.

“Sam, your friends are waiting downstairs.”

“Okay, I’ll be down in a bit”

I have 2 new friends here. Their names are Adam and Eve. They are fraternal twins. Adam, being the oldest [by a few minutes] was the short-tempered, blunt, inconsiderate one. Eve, who I call my new BFF, is the brave, caring, considerate one. Besides my family, they were the only 2 that knew about my past.

I grabbed my stuff and ran downstairs. Eve was the only one waiting for me in the living room. I guess Adam was in the car.

“Where’s Adam?”, I asked, even though I knew the answer.

“In the car. He didn’t feel like coming down. Ready to go?”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

I go to a private school called Elite Way School. It’s a private small high school, where at least 1000 students attend. Everyone practically knows everyone here.

“Just 5 more months to go!”, Adam exclaimed.

“I know!”, added Eve. “After graduation, I don’t have to see your ugly face since I’m gonna be at Brown, while you’re gonna be at NYU.”

Adam smirked, “Yeah, you’re gonna miss this ugly face.”

“Am not!”

“Oh, we’ll see….”

Besides myself, Adam and Eve were the 2 people I knew that was excited about senior year. Ever since they started school, [kindergarten-high school], they were always in the same classroom with each other. So I knew how they felt about going away to college.

We all have Calculus together for 1st period. We walked into the classroom and I look to the back of the room and I saw a guy I didn’t know sitting at my table. I walked to my seat and sat next to him. I didn’t look at him but I could see from the corner of my eyes, he was staring at me. I hate it when people stare at me for no reason.

“Hi”, he said in a soft voice.

“Hi”, I replied back.

“I’m Chace. I’m new here.”

“Samantha. Nice to meet you.”

“You too.”

I turned to look at the front of the class, waiting for the teacher to start already. I see Eve in the front. I read her lips. She asked me who was the guy sitting next to me. I shrugged at her.

“Okay class, before we get started today, I want you guys to meet our new student. Would you please stand up and introduce yourself sir.”

He stood up and walked to the front of the class.

“Hello, my name is Chace Thompson. Obviously, I’m a senior like all of you. My parents travel a lot so I’ve been to different schools in one year. And even though I won’t be staying here long, it’s nice to meet all of you.”

Adam raised his hand to ask a question, “How many schools you’ve been to this year?”

“Including this school, 3.”

That’s just sad. What’s the point of going to school when you’re gonna be migrating to a different one every other month.

“Thank you Chace. And welcome to Elite Way School. Samantha, could you do me a favor please?”

I wanted to say no but that would be rude.

“Sure. What is it?”

“During break, could you show Chace around campus?”

Are you serious?! What am I? Teacher’s pet? There’s no way I’m showing him around. What is he, 5, 6? I’m pretty sure he can find his way around this small school.

“Of course”, I said faking a smile​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 2: Fate

[Chace]

Break had arrived and to my surprise, I had class with Samantha all three periods. I had to sit next to her in all three classes since there was always an empty seat next to her. I saw her walked passed me so I followed her. I wonder if she noticed.

“Why are you following me?”, she finally asked.

“Uh….you’re suppose to show me around school remember?”

“You actually thought I was going to show you around school. What are you 5,6?”

“17. I’ll be 18 in February.”

She had this annoying look on her face like I pissed her off or something.

“That was a rhetorical question” she told me.

“Oh” I said smiling.

“Look, it’s a pretty small school. Do you really need a tour?”

“No it’s okay”

“Okay then”

She quickly turned around and walked away. I followed her.

“Why are you still following me?”, she asked again while we were walking.

“I don’t know anybody here except for you. Hope you don’t mind if I hang with you.”

She glanced at me then looked away. I guess that’s a yes.

“Why did you decide to come here when you know you’re not going to be here for long?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well this is a private school. Don’t you think you’re wasting your money and time here?”

“Oh it’s fine. My parents have the money.”

She smirked, “Rich and bragging.”

“I wasn’t bragging. I’m just telling you my parents can afford paying the school.”

“Yeah, that’s bragging.”

We were busy talking that I didn’t notice we were away from the school quad. We walked to the bleachers by the baseball field. Two people I recognize from first period waved hi at us, well actually, at Samantha. We walked up to them.

“Hi Sam Hey Chace”, the girl greeted.

“Hey……” I said.

Samantha walked up the bleachers to sit. I stayed at the bottom with the two people to talk to them.

“You don’t even know her and you gonna say hi to her”, said the guy next to her.

“I was being polite”, I told him.

“Yeah Adam”, the girl said. “Chace was being polite. Unlike you, people say hi to you but you don’t even say hi back.”

“That’s because I don’t say hi to people I don’t know.”

“But Chace knows me. Right Chace?”

I went blank. I knew her from Calculus but I don’t know her name.

“Uh…I know we have Calculus together but I don’t think I know your name.”

The guy sitting next to her laughed hysterically.

“You gonna say hi to a guy that doesn’t even know your name! How embarrassing Eve!”

The girl stood up, “Well let me introduce myself then. I’m Eve and this guy laughing here is my gay twin brother.”

“Sup Chace.”

“Sup.”

“I’m not gay by the way.”

“You are gay, Adam!”

“How am I gay?”

“You spend more time in the bathroom and not to mention, you shop longer than me.”

“That doesn’t mean anything. I like to be extra clean so I take long in the bathroom. And I take longer shopping is because I‘m trying to be in trend, unlike you, all ghetto and shit.”

“I’m not ghetto!” Eve snapped.

“Then don’t call me gay.”

I guess these two fraternal twins argue a lot. I let them argue while I walked up the bleachers to sit next to Samantha. She was writing something in her journal.

“Are they always like that?” I asked.

She looked up from her journal, “Pretty much. Sometimes they can be annoying but they’re really cool.”

“Doing homework already?”

She quickly closed her journal.

“No….It’s just something.”

I heard the bell rang. I guess it’s time for fourth period. That was fast

“You coming Chace?”, Adam asked from down there.

“Actually no. I have open fourth.”

“Oh, then I guess you can hang here with Sam then. She has open fourth too.”

I looked at Samantha. She looked as shock as me.

“Did you look at my schedule or something?”

“No”, I quickly replied.

“That’s so weird. So far, our schedules been the same.”

“Well, we still have fifth period left. What do you have next by the way?”

“American Government.”

My eyes widened, “Are you serious? Me too.”

Her eyes widened, “Who’s your teacher?”

“Chavez.”

“What? Me too.”

That’s weird.”

“Completely.”

I chuckled, “If I told my grandma this, she’ll call it fate. You know how old folks think.”

“Yeah….fate……yeah right.”

“What, you don’t believe in fate?”

She went quiet for a moment.

“I don‘t know if I believe in that or not. You?”

“I won’t say that I don’t believe in it but I believe that everything happens for a reason. Whether it’s good or bad.”

I looked at her and it seems to me she wasn’t paying attention. She was staring out in the open field.

“Samantha? Are you okay?”

She didn’t hear. I touched her softly.

“Sam.”

She quickly looked at me, “You say something?”

“Are you okay?”

She quickly stood up, “I have to go. I’ll see you next period.”

I watched her walked away. Was she mad at me? Was it something I said? I wonder if she’ll be okay. I hope she’s okay…….

n_naruk

Eve and Adam are so darn funny!!! Always fighting. Too bad they're brother/sister instead of a pair. LOL. I agree with Chace with him and Sam having every class together is fate :D

TubbyTinker

Chapter 3: Oh What A Gentleman

[Samantha]

Finally, the last bell rang. That means school is out. But gosh, it’s raining outside. Great. Why didn’t the weather man say it was going to rain. I sat under the school porch (I think that’s what’s it called), waiting for the rain to stop so I can walk dry-free to the bus stop. I’m suppose to go home with Adam and Eve but since Adam had basketball practice, Eve had to stay behind until practice was over. I took out my journal and started writing. As I was writing, I saw two feet next to me. I looked up and it was Chace.

“Can I talk to you real quick?”

“Sure.”

“I’m sorry for whatever I said earlier. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

I looked at him all crazy. What the hell was he talking about.

“What are you talking about?”, I asked.

“You know, during fourth period. I was talking about something and you just ditched me. And fifth period, you didn’t even talk to me.”

“Wait, you think I’m mad at you?”

Chace nodded, “Why else would you ditch me?”

“Chace, I wasn’t mad at you so you don’t have to apologize.”

“Really? Then---”

“I left early because….well…..I had some things to do and I didn’t talk to you because Chavez is a strict teacher. I didn’t want you to get in trouble on your first day here.”

He let out a big relief, “Well that’s a relief. I thought I got you mad or something. I can’t stand it when a girl is mad at me.”

“Why is that? Does that mean you’re always right and she’s always wrong?”

He smiled, “No. When a girl is mad at me, I feel like I’m a horrible person.”

“So what you’re trying to say is you’re a gentleman. You don’t do those bad boys stuff.”

“Yup.”

“So what else you can’t stand?”

“When girls cry over their boyfriends. She doesn’t deserve to waste her tears because of him. If a guy ever made his girlfriend cry, then he’s not a man. If I ever have a girlfriend, I’ll never make her cry.”

Here we go again. Why is it that every time we have a conversation, the conversation always remind me of me and Troy. First it was that whole conversation about fate that everything happens for a reason. So I’m guessing Troy cheated on me with Jenny is fate. Chace said he’ll never make a girl cry, well Troy made me cry so I guess he isn’t a man then. Making it uncomfortable as it is, I decided to change the subject.

“So you’re waiting for a ride too?”, I asked.

“Actually no. I brought my car.”

“Right.”

“What are you doing out here anyways? It’s pouring out here.”

“Waiting for the rain to stop so I can walk to the bus stop all dry up so I won’t get their seat wet when I get on.”

“You ride the bus home?”

“Yes and it’s not funny.”

“I didn’t say it was.”

“I usually go home with Adam and Eve but since Adam has practice today, Eve had to wait for him.”

“Well, I can take you home if you want.”

“It’s okay. I think I’ll wait.”

“Come on you can trust me. And besides I don’t think the rain is going to stop anytime soon.”

Chace was right. The rain isn’t going to stop. I would wait but I had tons of homework to do.

“Okay, I’ll go home with you then.”

He grabbed his umbrella and opened it. I had to stay close to him since his umbrella wasn’t that big. I swear his face was like 2 inches away from mines. That’s how close we were. We got to his black mustang and I was surprise, he is a gentleman. He opened the door for me before he got to his side.

“So who do you live with?”, he asked in the car.

“I moved in with my dad couple years ago. He remarried so I live with them and my little brother.”

“Is your step mom evil like in those children’s book?”

I chuckled, “No. She’s nice. Kind of reminds me of my real mom.”

“That’s good.”

We got to my house quicker than I thought. Maybe because I was busy talking to Chace.

“Thanks for the ride” I told him.

“Wait Sam…”

He got off the car and came to my side and open the door for me.

“You know, I can open the door by myself.”

He smiled, “I know but I was being a gentleman. Come on, I’ll walk you to your porch so you won’t get wet.”

I have to admit, no guy has ever been this sweet and nice to me at all. Any girl he’s dating would be so lucky. I bet he’ll spoil her like crazy.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I’ll see you at school tomorrow okay?”

I nodded, “Drive safe.”

I watched drive away before I went into my house. Vanida was in the living room looking through magazines. I knew she was looking through the window when Chace drop me off. I avoided her and walked upstairs.

“So who’s that cute boy?”

I turned around, “So you were looking.”

“I was just checking who came since I heard the car engine. So who is he?”

“A friend.”

“Ahuh. What’s his name?”

“Chace. He’s a new student.”

Vanida gave me this look like I was up to something. But I wasn’t.

“Why are you staring at me like that? It’s not what it looks like. Chace was nice to give me a ride home since Eve had to wait for Adam to be done with practice. That’s all.”

“Oh…I thought he’s your”

“No. Too soon Vanida.”

I knew what was she going to say. Boyfriend. I know it’s been 3 years now since my last relationship but to me, I thought it was too soon to start over.

“Any more questions?” I asked.

She shook her head, “Nope.”

I turned back and headed upstairs.

“Hey Sam”

I turned to look at Vanida.

“I’m just watching out after you.”

I nodded, “I know. Thank you.”​

n_naruk

Awww, Chace is such a gentleman. I'm like falling in love with his character ^_^ His character really does remind me of my bf...scary...And I like Vanida, she's so nice for a step mom :)

Saifah

bite me x___
OMG iM SO READiNG THiS LATER ON!! BUT i GOTTA GO TO BED.
itS 4AM AND i HAVENT WENT TO SLEEP YET. GRR.

TubbyTinker

Chapter 4 : I Think I (Love Her)

[Chace]

As days passed by, the more Krista and I got closer. I was able to open up more to her and she was too. But sometimes I feel like she’s hiding something from me. A secret she didn’t want me to know. Whatever it was, she’ll tell me when she’s ready.

We sat outside for lunch since Adam said eating in the cafeteria were for losers. Adam didn’t eat anything since he never did liked the school’s food. I just had juice and apple.

“So Chace, out of all the school you been to, which one you liked best?”, asked Adam.

I noticed Eve and Samantha paid close attention.

“I’ll say my last school. I stayed there about a year.”

“How long do you usually stay at a school?”

“Within 3-4 months. Depends on my parents.”

“Wow, a year. That must have been hard for you to leave your friends then. You must been really attached to them .”, added Eve.

“Yeah but that’s why I try not to get too attached. I usually don’t have friends though.”

“Why are you being friends with us then?”, Samantha asked.

“I tried not to but I don’t know why, hanging with you guys are fun.”

“How you liking this school?” Adam asked.

“I think I’m loving this school.”

As I was saying that, I looked at Samantha the whole time. I don’t know why I did that though. Samantha looked at me and smiled.

“Ahem!”, Adam pretended to choke.

“Well that’s gonna suck for you then since you’re gonna be leaving us soon too.”

Adam, was right. It is going to suck when I leave. I’m starting to like this school and I’m already attached to Adam and Eve. Especially Samantha. I think the only person I’ll truly miss is her. Why did it had to be like this.

“Well….we’ll just make sure Chace has a blast here before he leaves”, Samantha assured with a smile.

Adam got up, “C’mon Chace. Let’s get some McDonalds across the street. You girls want anything?”

“Nope” the girls both replied.

Since we were seniors, we were allowed to leave campus during lunch time. McDonalds was across from the school, so we just walked there.

“So Chace, you and Sam huh.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh don’t give me a what are you talking about. I saw how you looked at her earlier.”

“I wasn’t looking at her in a special way.”

“Ahuh…whatever…”

Why did Adam think that Sam and I have something going on. He’s talking like I like her or something. Wait, do I?……

“Dude, if you wanna be Sam’s boyfriend, here’s an advice, don’t.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because she’s not open to any relationship.”

“Does she have a boyfriend already?”

Adam shook his head, “Nope. She did once but they broke up. He was an ass. She’s not opening up to anyone. Her heart has been closed.”

I never knew Sam had a boyfriend. It must have been a bad break up then for her to not want to be in a relationship anymore.

We reached McDonalds and as we were going in, a guy, who I don’t recognize was walking towards us. He was looking straight at me.

“Excuse me but do you guys go to Elite Way School?”

“Yeah” Adam replied. “Why?”

“Do you guys know a girl named Samantha?”

Adam and I glanced at each other.

“Samantha who?”, Adam asked.

“Samantha Parnrawech.”

Who is this guy? How does he know Sam?

“Yeah, we’re friends with her. And you are?”

“Troy. I’m an old friend of hers. I came to see her. Do you guys know where she’s at?”

“She’s having lunch with her friend right now. You can probably go see her.”

“Thanks.”

So his name is Troy. He told us he’s an old friend but why do I feel he isn’t just an old friend.

“You shouldn’t tell him where Sam was at?”, I told Adam.

“Why not? He said he’s an old friend.”

“Yeah but anyone can say that.”

“Eh, that guy looks sincere….but dud what did he say his name was?”

“Troy.”

“Troy……Troy….man why does that name sounds familiar?”

I shrugged, “Troy’s a common name. Now are we gonna order or not?”

“Yeah…let’s order before lunch is over.”​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 5: The Return of the Ex-Boyfriend

[Samantha]

Lunch was over. Did Adam and Chace go to China or something. What is taking them so long? I decided not to wait for them so I went ahead and walked Eve to her class. We were walking towards the science building when I heard “that” voice. Someone called my name. I know that voice. I never thought I wouldn’t hear that voice again until today.

I turned around and I saw him. My ex boyfriend standing just 3 feet away from me. He still looked the same from the last time I saw him.

“Who’s that?”, Eve whispered to me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“I came to visit you.”

“How’d you know where to find me?”

“I bumped into Dan the other day and he told me where you live.”

Stupid Dan, he knew I hated Troy and yet he tells him where I live.

“Go back. I don’t wanna see your face!”

“Sam, can we talk first?”

“No! Get out of here Troy! You don’t belong here!”

Eve looked at me, “Troy? Sam is he your--”

Troy walked up closer. I took a step back.

“Don’t you dare come near me.”

“You’re still mad at me? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

I closed my ears, I hated that “I’m sorry” phrase. Is that what all guys say when they done something wrong. I felt another hand touching me. It was Troy’s hands. I shook it off and pushed him away.

“We have nothing to do with each other anymore. You need to leave before I call the dean on you.”

“Didn’t you hear my friend? She doesn’t want to see you. Shoo shoo!”

“What’s going on here?” asked Adam.

Oh finally they’re back but at the wrong time. I didn’t want Chace to know about this. Grrrr…….

“Is everything alright here Eve?”

“Troy won’t leave Sam alone.”

“What’s going on?”

Eve pulled Adam to the side, I’m guessing to tell him what’s been happening. Chace stood there confused.

Troy walked closer to me to embrace me since I’ve been crying but I stepped back once again.

“What do you want from me now?”

“I just want you to forgive me.”

“Forgiveness?! You think what you’ve done is worth forgiving?”

“It was only one time Sam. That’s it.”

“I trusted you Troy. You knew how serious I was about relationships since it didn’t work between my parents. You were my best friend and I tell you everything. But you…….you lied to me and you know how I hate lying!”

I have to admit, this was the first time I had a face to face talk with Troy. In the past, I’ve been avoiding him since he was always apologizing about the incident. I hadn’t had a real chance to express my feelings and thoughts.

Adam and Eve came back. Eve came and embraced me and took me to go stand by Chace.

“Troy, you need to leave” said Adam. “Since you don’t go to this school, you don’t belong here.”

“I just want Sam to forgive me.”

“Dude, you slept with her best friend and got her pregnant, You think Sam will forgive you?”

Troy looked at me with those sad eyes. I just looked away.

“Leave Troy”, I said. “If you don’t want me to hate you more than I am right now, just go.”

“Fine, but I hope that someday, you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me.”

“Man….dude just get out of here”, snapped Adam.

Finally he left. Now I can relax more. I can finally breathe again.

“Sam, I’m sorry” Adam said. “It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have told him that I knew you.”

Eve pinched Adam, “So it was your fault! You didn’t know who he was or what?”

“Of course not. I knew the name Troy sound familiar but I didn’t know it was that Troy.”

“It’s alright Adam” I assured him. “I’m not mad at you.”

“You gonna be okay?” Eve asked.

“I will be. Thank you.”

“Want me to keep you company?”

“Don’t you have class right now?”

“I’m 20 minutes late. I don’t care. I rather stay here with you.”

“Thanks but um…if you don’t mind, I want to be alone.”

“You sure?”

I nodded.

“Okay then, but if you need us, we’ll be in the student union.”

Eve pulled Adam with her.

“C’mon big brother. If I’m ditching, you’re ditching with me.”

No matter what kind of situation I’m in, Adam and Eve always cracks me up. I smiled as I watch Adam getting pulled by his sister.

“Sam……”

I turned around, it was Chace. I had forgotten about him since he was being quiet this whole time.

“You okay?”

“I am now.”

He nodded, “Good, I’m just making sure.”

“Well thanks for your concern.”

“Oh here, I thought this might wanna cheer you up.”

Chace bought me a McFlurry from McDonalds. It had my favorite flavor, chocolate chips with extra sprinkles on top.

“Adam told me you like it so I bought one for you.”

“Thanks…..”

“You’re welcome. But um…..”

“Yeah?”

“I know you’re probably not going to care but I just want to tell you that, if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to lean on, you know you can always come to me.”

I hugged him, “Thank you Chace. I appreciate it.”

Oh my gosh, what did I just do?! I’m hugging Chace. Why did I do that? I quickly pulled back. He smiled shyly.

“Well, I’ll leave you alone now with your McFlurry.”

He walked away with the McDonalds bag in his hand. Chace turned my frown into a smile. He always does that. Even when I’m already happy, he makes me happier when he’s around me. He turned back to look at me again. I gestured back telling him I’ll be okay. He nodded once and kept on walking.

I sat down and enjoyed my McFlurry. I felt my heart beating faster than normal and it wasn’t the first time either. It’s always beating fast every time I’m with Chace. Why is that?…….

n_naruk

Ah, I'm so much in love with Chace <3 What a sweetheart he is!!

TubbyTinker

Chapter 6: A Day with Angela

[Chace]

It was a Saturday morning, I was happy. I can finally get some rest. The feeling of not having to wake up early to go to school was wonderful. I could sleep in.

“Chace, wake up mister. It’s 11 am for goodness sake.”

Unless you have a grandmother then that wonderful feeling goes away.

“Grandma, it’s Saturday…..”

“I know but someone’s here to see you.”

I quickly got up, “Who?”

“She said her name is Angela.”

Angela was my ex-girlfriend. We broke up due to me moving a lot. We couldn’t keep that long distance. We met in freshmen year and started dating during sophomore year. She’s a really sweet girl.

“Well, tell her I’ll be down in a bit. Gotta jump in the shower first.”

“Okay….who is she by the way?”

Since my grandmother didn’t travel with us, she didn’t know who Angela was.

“An old friend.”, I told her.

Before my grandmother could ask further questions, I grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom.

-------------------

I walked downstairs and I saw Angela sitting on the couch. She looked pretty like always. That long silky black hair and that sunshine smile.

“Chace!”

She ran and hugged me.

“I miss you!”

“I miss you too!” I told her. “How are you anyways?”

“Just good.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to visit you.”

“Well you could have at least called first.”

“If I called you, it wouldn’t be a surprise wouldn’t it?”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Ate anything yet?”

“Yeah….are you busy today?”

“No, why?”

“Well I was hoping you take me to the mall.”

“I’ll take you if you buy me something.”

“Deal.”

“Okay but let me eat first.”

“No! You can eat when we get there. I’m kind of in a rush.”

“Okay, gosh.”

---------------------------------

We were walking around the mall looking into every little shop they have there. Angela wouldn’t tell me what she was here to buy. She told me it was none of my business and my duty was to hold her bags since she said I was a gentleman. After 3 hours of shopping, we finally sat down at the food court. I ordered Chinese food.

“Here Chace, a deal is a deal.”

I looked into the bag to see what she bought me. It was a bottle of Giorgio Armani cologne.

“Thanks. I needed a new bottle too.”

“I knew it was your favorite so I bought you one.”

“You sure you don’t want some?”

“No, I’m on a diet.”

“You’re not fat.”

“Yeah but Chinese food ha a lot of grease. Grease is a no no for me.”

“Right, forgot….”

“So…how’s school here? Any new friends?”

“A few…..”

“Oh what are their names?”

“There’s Adam, Eve, and---”

“Chace!”

That voice was familiar. I turned around and it was Eve and Samantha. They walked over to our table.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Sam and I just here to buy some stuff. You?”

“Same thing.”

“Oh…..did we interrupt you guys?”

“No, not at all….Eve, Sam…this is my friend Angela. Angela these are my friends I was telling you about. Eve and Samantha.”

“Hi….Wanna join us?”

“No it’s okay”, Samantha assured us. “I’m not hungry.”

“But I am” said Eve.

Eve quickly went to the counter to order some food.

“Sit down Samantha” Angela told her.

“Thank you….I apologize for my friend’s behavior. We didn’t mean to bother you guys.”

“No, it’s fine. We were just having lunch. Right Chace?”

“Yeah, you won’t interrupting anything.”

I don’t know about the girls but I felt uncomfortable sitting there with Angela and Samantha. Why though? And Sam has no idea that Angela is my ex too. I hope Angela keeps her mouth shut. Wait, why don’t I want Sam to know? Weird. Eve came back with her food and sat down next to Angela.

“Here Sam, I bought Jamba Juice for you.”

“Thanks.”

“Hey Eve, where’s Adam?” I asked.

“At home I guess. Why?”

I shook my head, “Nothing. It’s weird not seeing you with him.”

“Wow Chace. You’ve been to school for about a week. You’ve already got 3 friends already” said Angela.

I looked at her and she winked at me. What the hell does that mean?

“Why? Does Chace usually have more friends than that?” Eve asked.

Angela laughed, “Not really. He’s a shy guy and the only friends he have is me.”

Great. Now Angela is embarrassing me in front of Samantha. I looked over at Samantha and I saw her grin.

“How long have you two been friends?” Eve asked.

“For awhile. …But we dated for about 2 years…”

Sam choked on her Jamba Juice. Was she really choking or was she choking because she was shocked that Angela and I are exes……

“Are you okay?” I asked.

She just nodded and stood up, “Excuse me”

“Where you going?” asked Eve.

“Walk around. Just call me when you’re done eating.”

“Okay….”

I wanted to follow her but Eve insisted I stay since she wanted to hear about me and Angela “story.”

n_naruk

AWKWARD moments at the table for Sam! Wonder why Angela just came in the picture out of no where! Is she planning on getting back with Chacce like how Troy is doing to Sam? What I'm curious to why Angela and Chace broke up...??...I have like so many questions coming thru my mind right now after reading this chapter. LOL.

TubbyTinker

Chapter 7: Mixed Feelings

[Samantha]

I walked around the mall, thinking about what I just had heard. Angela is Chace’s ex girlfriend. How come he didn’t tell me about her. I mean, it’s not a bad thing that they used to date, Chace is a cute guy and Angela is pretty. But why do I feel confuse. Am I mad? Is it jealousy? Wait, why should I feel jealous, they broke up already. But the way they looked at each other, their body language was so---Are they back together?

“Samantha, wait up!”

Chace interrupted my thoughts. I thought he wouldn’t follow me but he did. I erased the frustration look on my face and put a smile on and turned around.

“Chace……”

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I don’t know, you were choking earlier and you left the table so suddenly. I just wanted to make sure you’re okay.”

“I’m fine, I promise.”

“Good.”

“So why aren’t you at the table?”

“Well, I just wanted to make sure you were okay and it felt kind of weird sitting in the middle of a girl’s conversation.”

We continued walking around the mall. I wanted to ask him about Angela but it might look like I was a nosey person……But I needed to know. This feeling inside of me is killing me. I’m just going to ask him.

“Hey Sam…..”

Never mind, maybe he’s going to tell me right now.

“About me and Angela…..”

“What about you and Angela?”

“We dated for about two years but end up breaking up because of me. I had to move a lot due to my parent’s business. We couldn’t keep that long distance relationship.”

“Okay…….thanks for telling me…..I guess.”

Ugh, why did I say that. That was a stupid response.

“”I just wanted to tell you that so you won’t get the wrong interpretation that we’re getting back together or something.”

I got happy, “You’re not getting back together?”

He shook his head, “Nope. We are just strictly friends.”

Phew. That was a relief. The questions I have, he answered it without having me to ask them. But the future isn’t for sure. They could get back together in the end.

“What makes you so sure that you two won’t end up getting back together?” I asked. “I mean, you two seem really close. What if those feelings comes back”

He chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”

“Are you jealous of me?”

“What?! No! Why would I be?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. But to answer your question, no. Why? Because one I think she has a boyfriend already because I saw a picture of her and another guy on her keychain. And two……”

It took him a while before he told me his second reason.

“And two?”

“I already like someone else.”

Just that moment, my happiness went to sadness. Chace has already a girl in mind and I’m sad. And I don’t get it, why do I feel that way.

“You do?”, I asked disappointed.

“Yeah but I’m not so sure about this person yet.”

“Who is she? Do I know her?”

He smiled, “Maybe…..”

“Does she go to our school?”

“Maybe……”

“Stop saying maybe. Can’t you give me a definite answer?”

“No, because I’m not even sure myself about her.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

“Well, for once, I don’t know if she feels the same way I feel.”

“Why don’t you ask her?”

“No, I’m too scared and besides, I think she’s still not over her past relationship yet.”

“So this girl used to date someone. That’s a hint.”

He chuckled again, “I don’t think you’ll figure it out.”

“Well give me more hints, I want to know.”

“How about this, when I’m more sure about my feelings and her feelings, I’ll give you more hints. And if you still can’t guess who it is, I’ll then tell you.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

My phone rang and interrupted our conversation. It was Eve.

“Yeah?”

“Hey where are you guys?”

“Um……”

I looked around and we were standing in front of Hollister.

“We’re over here by Hollister.”

“Well we’re done eating.”

“Okay, we’re going back over there then. I’ll see you in a bit.”

I hung up the phone and we headed back. Today’s conversation with Chace was pretty interesting. Although I was disappointed that Chace already likes someone else, I was happy that I got to spend a day with him. Talking to him makes me forget about everything else. Now all I have to do is figure out who’s this girl he’s crushing on and most importantly, figure out why I’m feeling the way I’m feeling right now when I’m with Chace.

****Usually each chapter, I let Chace tells his story after Sam but next chapter, it’s going to be Sam again, not Chace****

TubbyTinker

Chapter 8: Confessions

[Samantha]

After shopping, Eve and I came home to my place and worked on our Calculus homework. It was more of her doing all the work and me copying since I don’t like math. As I was waiting for her to finish, I thought about what Chace had told me. The girl he likes has a past relationship. How in the world am I going to find out who she is with just that hint.

“Sam……”

“What?”

“Did you hear me, the answer is negative 5.”

“Oh…..”

“What’s wrong with you? I notice you’ve been quiet since we left the mall. Did something with you and Chace?”

“No, nothing happen.”

“Then what did you guys talk about?”

“He told me he likes someone.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t say her name.”

“Do you know her?”

“Maybe.”

“Does she go to our school?”

“Maybe.”

“Girl, stop saying maybe.”

“Well, that’s what he told me. The only thing he said about her was she has a past relationship.”

Eve closed up the Calculus book and started helping me think.

“Well, let’s jot down our options. I’m pretty sure the girl he likes goes to our school. Tell me, who does he talk to since you’re with him 24/7?”

“I’m not with him 24/7.”

“Well you have all 5 classes with him. Who does he talk to in class?”

I thought about it. Chace doesn’t really talk to anyone but me.

“Only me.”

“Did he say anything else?”

“Nope. He said that he wants to make sure of his and her feelings first, then he’ll give me more hints.”

“Aw man……”

“Hey Eve, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, what is it?”

“How do you know when you like someone?”

She smiled at me, “Ooh, you like someone that’s why you’re asking this question.”

“Just answer the damn question Eve.”

“Well you’re asking the wrong person but I once saw a movie and this girl asked the same question just like you and her guy friend said you know you like someone when you can’t stop thinking about that person.”

“That’s it?”

“And when you’re with that person, you feel like you have butterflies in your stomach. You always smile when that person is around.”

I nodded as Eve went on and on……

“And before you go to sleep, he’ll be the last person you think about and when you wake up, he’ll be the first you think about. And your heart beats fast every time you‘re with him”

I stayed quiet. The last comment was true. Sometimes when I’m with Chace, my heart do beat fast. And I’m always smiling when he’s around.

“Sam, you better tell me who you like.”

“No one.”

“Liar! Why would you all of a sudden ask me that question then? C’mon Sam, I’m your best friend, we’re not suppose to have secrets.”

“Fine, the reason I ask is because I uh……I…….it’s Chace.”

“You think you like Chace?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“Tell me, how do you feel when you’re with him?”

“Happy, I guess. He makes me smile even when I’m having a bad day.”

“Go on….”

“When I’m with him, I forget everything else and I feel like we’re the only two people that exist. And one time, I gave him a hug and my heart started beating really fast.”

“Oh my god!”

What?”

“You’re in love with Chace.”

“What?!”

“Oh my gosh Sam, you have all the signs.”

“That’s not true, I don’t believe you.”

“Fine, if you don’t then next time when you’re hanging out with him, think about what I said.”

Was Eve right? Am I really in love with Chace?

“Oh my god!”

“What now?”

“I think Chace likes you too.”

“Whatever Eve.”

“No, I’m serious. The girl I think he’s talking about is you. You’ve had a past relationship before.”

“Eve, you think I’m the only one that has a past relationship. Other girls at the school probably do too.”

“Yeah but you said he doesn’t talk to anyone but you. He talks to me too but I never had a boyfriend before so that leaves you being the only option left.”

“That girl might not even go to our school.”

“But I still think it’s you. I can bet on it.”

“But I don’t think it’s me still.”

“How would you feel if Chace ends up liking you for real?”

That, I had no answer too. I don’t even know myself how I feel about him.

TubbyTinker

Chapter 9: Our First Date

[Chace]

It’s a Sunday afternoon. I drove up to Samantha’s house. I wanted to go visit the kids at the orphanage and I wanted to see if Sam wanted to come along. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. It feels like I’m picking her up to go on a date or something. A boy answered the door. I guess he’s her brother.

“Can I help you?” he asked.

“”Uh….yes…I was wondering if Samantha’s home?”

“Yeah she’s here. Can I tell her who’s here to see her?”

“Chace.”

“Come on in and wait inside. I’ll go get her.”

I followed him to the living room. Her house was nice. It was a modern Victorian house. While I waited for Sam to come down, I looked at the pictures displayed on the shelf. It had her parents, her brother and a lot of pictures of her.

“Chace…..”

“Hey Sam……did I come and bothered you?”

“No, not at all. Did you needed something or what?”

“I was wondering if you want to go out with me?”

“Excuse me?”

“Oh! I mean……uh…let me rephrase that….I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere with me today.”

“Oh…..where?”

“Somewhere…you’ll see…..”

“A surprise?….”

“Maybe….”

“Okay, I’ll come. Just let me go get ready real quick.”

“Okay….is your parent home by the way?”

“No, why?”

“Nothing. I just don’t want to take you without their permission.”

She chuckled, “You’re funny. It’s okay Chace, I’ll let Jonathan know.”

What was funny about that? Oh right….I keep thinking I’m taking her on a date of some sort. Stupid me. Well actually no, I think it is like a date. A non-formal one.

----------------------

We got to the orphanage. I gazed at Sam and she’s probably wondering why we’re doing here at the orphanage.

“The orphanage? Why are we here?”

“Every year before Christmas, I come here to donate toys for the kids here.”

“Oh, that’s very thoughtful.”

“Yeah, I just didn’t want them to feel left out during the holidays. Wanna help me get the stuff?”

“Sure.”

We grabbed the toys from the trunk and walked inside. The kids recognized me and ran to me.

“Chace, you’re here!”, they exclaimed.

“Hey guys! How’s it going? I miss you guys!”

“We miss you too. Are those toys for us?”

“They sure are! Want them?”

“Yes!”

The kids followed Sam and I to the play room and we handed out the presents there. The kids seem more happier this year about their presents. The nuns were happy to see me too. They were the same nuns that took care of me when I used to be an orphan. Yup, I used to be an orphan.

------------------

Sam and I walked out to the lake behind the orphanage home and sat there to talk.

“I’ve never seen so much jolly kids like the kids inside the home before. In my life”

“They’re awesome.”

“They’re really lucky to have a person like you care so much about them.”

“Yeah…..I know the kids inside feels. Wanna know something Sam?”

“What?”

“I used to be one of those kids.”

“You mean you were--”

“Yup. I used to be an orphan just like them. I lived in this home too.”

“I never knew that.”

“My adopted parents adopted me when I was 7. It was hard being an orphan because you feel left out. You feel like nobody cared for you. You see other kids with parents and you wonder why you don’t have parents like them.”

“Chace, why didn’t you come give the presents on Christmas day. That way, it’ll be more special.”

“Because on Christmas, the kids go to their foster home and sometimes the family doesn’t celebrate Christmas and some family doesn’t care about that orphan that’s living with them.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because that’s what happened to me. I’ve been to different foster families that doesn’t celebrate Christmas or they do but I get left out because I wasn’t part of their family.”

“You had a hard life growing up.”

“Yeah but I was considered lucky when I got adopted. But I felt bad for the kids that didn’t.”

“And you do this every year?”

“Yup. No matter what part of the country I’m in, I always make sure the kids here get presents for Christmas.”

“Did you ever knew who your real parents were?”

I nodded slowly, “Yeah.”

“What happened to them?”

“I grew up and was raised in poverty. My real dad was an alcoholic and a drug addict. .”

“Whoa……”

“Yeah…….everyday, I remember my dad getting drunk and was always hitting me and abused me. My mom would come and protect me when she can.”

“How did you end up here?”

“One night, I was in my room when I heard my parents arguing. I thought it was typical until I heard the gun shot. I ran out of my room and I saw my dad lying there dead on the ground. My mom had shot him. Not long enough, the police came and took my mom away. Apparently, she was a drug addict herself. I never knew that about her.”

“Have you seen your mom since?”

“Where’s your mom now?”

“She’s locked up.”

“Have you seen her since?”

“I visit her once in awhile but since I moved a lot, I usually write letters to her. I haven’t seen her in years.”

“Were you ever mad at your parents?”

“To be honest, yeah. I was mad at them for not being there for my important days. I was mad at them for having to put me through those things. But in the end, I forgave them.”

“How can you forgive someone that put you through that? I mean in general?”

“You just got to find a way. My adopted father always tells me it’s good to forgive someone when they know they’ve done wrong. Or else, you’ll live with that pain for the rest of your life.”

“What if you can’t forgive that person?”

“You can’t or you won’t forgive? There’s a big difference there.”

“Can’t.”

“Of course you can, anybody can. But I think in your case, you probably meant won’t.”

“You know what I’m talking about?”

“Let me guess, Troy.”

She looked away and stayed quiet. I knew it was uncomfortable for her to talk about him but I wanted to help her get through it.

“Sam, why won’t you forgive him?”

“Because…….I don’t think he deserves to be forgiven.”

“My mom killed my dad, I forgave her. I’m pretty sure Troy didn’t do that to any of your family member.”

“He cheated on me with my best friend.”

“The best friend you’re talking about isn’t Eve, right?”

“No, this is before I moved here.”

“Oh…okay go on.”

“Well yeah, after that she got pregnant and they both kept it from me. I had to find out on my own.”

Whoa, hold up. So the guy I saw a few days ago that looked sincere was really a jerk.

“All the trust I had in him and her was gone.”

“Are you still hurt by what they did?”

She nodded, “Yeah……”

“You should forgive him Sam.”

She looked at me like I was her enemy or something.

“Then you tell me one good reason why I should?” she said.

“Because you’re living in pain. You won’t let go of the past. And when you don’t let go, you can’t move on.”

“But I want nothing to do with him or her.”

“Is that what you think? If you forgive them, they’ll be back in you life? They don’t have to if you don’t want them to. Have you ever heard of the phrase, Forgive and Forget? You can just forgive them and move on with your life. Forget about the past and start over. Don‘t you want to be happy again?”

“You know what, you’re right. But I won’t guarantee I’ll do it but I will consider it.”

I smiled, “That a girl.”

“I think we should head back home. We have school tomorrow.”

I busy talking to Sam that I didn’t notice the sun was going down already. Times fly by fast when you’re having fun I guess……