BIRD THONGCHIA LIVE IN LOS ANGELES...

musicstinger

Xtreme sarNie
I was surprised when I found out that the 100 dollar tickets were all sold out, cause with the economy so bad right now, little did I know that people were gonna be so quick to buy the tickets. Anyway, after debating whether or not to spend more than a hundred on a Bird Thongchai concert, I said, what the heck...once in a lifetime, just like many others, I assume. I even suceeded on convincing my sister. After I saw a link that someone posted above...Heck no, and even got to ask myself what was I thinking too. First of all, the price scared the shit outta me, but I was actually gonna pay over a hundred. Second of all, this We Love Our King Concert, is to help raise funds for the King of Thailand... okay, I don't want to offend anyone, but... he's not my King, and he is definitely not the King of America. When we loose our jobs, he doesnt send us our unemployment checks. When you need social security, tuition for college, etc, he doesnt cut you a check. LOL. I feel that I would rather help out my fellow Americans or someone else who needs it the most, like Haiti. We all think differently, but thats how I feel. I'm pretty sure many of you will be like, geez girl, take a chill pill, its only a concert. True, but I just don't like the idea of them robbing people and thinking we'll all be okay with it cause a portion will go to their King. And as a treat, we can all sing a song together for him. Eh, okay? For the ones going to the concert, have fun!

I'm fully THai, and I truly love the King. What you (vivalaJUICEE) said about how you would spend your money wisely doesn't offend me at all, and I truly understand. ANyway, even though I love the king and all, I'm still not going to go to this concert, because I don't believe that a reasonable amount would go to the king just the way this whole concert is set up. First of all, the cost to put on this show is tremendous. Second, there's way too many guests... no offense, but what's the point of having the comedians... I mean the people putting this show on could have used that money to bring down the ticket rates at least. Third, I'm sure the cost of the rental stuff like equipment, props, costume and venue is also tremendous. My questions is, how much will it be left for the king after you deduct all the expenses? If I offended anyone including USA Entertainment, I do apologize for it, but it's just the way I've analyzed out of this whole situation. And besides like everyone else has said, the economy is bad. The unemployement is double digit and rising everyday. A lot of people are out of work including myself. I don't have that much money to spend for the cheapest tickets for the cheapest seats when I have bills to pay, and a family to provide. I know my blabbering about this whole issue just won't matter to the promoters, but if the tickets were cheaper, I think there would be more people there. I hope you just don't assume the the "Bird Thongchai McIntyre" name is worth to rip us dry here. Again, if I offended anyone, I do apologize for it. THose that go, I hope you have lots of fun and I hope you enjoy it.

vivalaJUICEE

sarNie Egg
musicstinger, im glad you didnt take it offensively cause i didnt mean it in a bad way. to be honest after i posted that i was like, omg... some people might take it the wrong way. anyway, after reading what you wrote, that was really what i was tryna get at. i think their just bringing in the kings name as an excuse cause the tickets are way above the average price. totally agree with you on the comedians. then theres the dancers. i dunno, well just hafta wait & see how it turns out. hopefully all the front row seats wont be empty.

fan

sarNie Juvenile
I'm full Thai but American born and I'll say that I'm not offended either, I mean you have the right to believe what you want to believe and see things however you want.

Honestly, the price really isn't so bad in comparison. I mean if you look at Jay Chou who had a concert at the same location just a couple of years back, his ticket price was $300 for the front. He had guests as well, but not very many dancers.

I don't work for USA Entertain, I have just been talking with them as I am an insane Bird fan and I know how Bird does concerts, I've seen him live twice and hes just absolutely amazing. There really isn't anything that could stop me from going to his concert. My faith in all this is knowing the kind of performer and the kind of entertainer that Bird is.

Understandably so the economy sucks right now, but if you try to look at it from the other side it's probably costing them so much more to put this concert on than it would have cost a few years back. (Not trying to defend anyone)

As for the money that is going to the King, whether you want to believe this or not, this is what USA Entertain has said about the donations that will go to the King. From the VIP ticket, $50 of every ticket will go to the King, for all other ticket prices it will be 10% of said ticket price for each ticket sold. USA Entertain has already stated that they pretty much will not be making very much from this concert. (trust me, i am a cynical person, so i get it if you don't believe it)

As for his guests, if you have seen his concerts, you'll get an idea of what will happen with these guests. The comedians were guests for his BBB Magic Memories (and Encore) concert and he does a skit with them. He's done duets with Da Endorphine most recently in his Fancy Fanzone concert and she was also a guest in the Magic Memories concert. Kat has been a guest a number of times in different concerts, most recently the Perd Floor concert. Pinky was also in the Perd Floor concert as well as Magic Memories. And I'm like 90% sure the three girls will be out to sing Fan Jah. So I mean it's all there for you to judge for yourself if it's something you would like to see live or not.

And while the name "Bird Thongchai McIntyre" does not mean you should be able to charge an arm and a leg for the ticket, but it does mean if you decide to go, your going to see one amazing man do what he loves and what he's great at, and that is put on a concert, entertain, and make people happy.

All that being said, I'm just speaking as a long time crazed fan of Bird and I KNOW not everyone is like me or even half as insane. Everyone's priority in life is different and how you choose to spend your money is your choice. So yea... I'll post pictures :D

fan

sarNie Juvenile
the LA tickets are now available for sale online

you can pick your own seats and everything

i had a little problem with it using google chrome (for some reason it wouldn't let me click on book it once i chose the number of seats, maybe just me but if it doesnt work try e or a different browser)

http://birdinusa.com/reservation.asp

:lol:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
wow...the three of you expressed your opinions very well! :)

i will try to post pictures too..gosh i hope they let us bring in cameras..and stuff!..but then im gonna be using my camera phone..so i hope they dont make me leave it in the car instead!

i was like some of you..its a once in a lifetime for me...i might not get to see him or anyone from the concert again. so what the heck you know!? besides im using my tax money for it. LOL *thanked god im getting more than i used to get this time*

and ai rai beam..im sorry but im gonna be taking the plane to San Diego/L.A. *hope you can make it out there though!

sl33py

sarNie Hatchling
I skipped all the thread and jump to the last page so I had no clue what's the real reason to the donation Would someone mind answering this - why donate to the King? I thought the King is already rich. Is the King of Thailand not having enough in expense? After the King receive the money, is he going to pay for his own bills, etc? I'm just curious!

whiterose

sarNie Hatchling
I skipped all the thread and jump to the last page so I had no clue what's the real reason to the donation Would someone mind answering this - why donate to the King? I thought the King is already rich. Is the King of Thailand not having enough in expense? After the King receive the money, is he going to pay for his own bills, etc? I'm just curious!
When people "donate" to the King, it's usually used to go to the organizations and royal public programs that he supports.

sunny_gyrl

dee oNe aNd oNlee sUnNy!!!
sorry for all the late replies about p'birds concert but what FAN has mention about donating the proceed to the thai king is all true.

im super busy but if have any question feel free to shoot me a text and i'll be more then happy to answer u back

shengvang

sarNie Adult
ok, so is pinky still a guess to birds concert, cause i thought she was suppose to be going to
bollywood after rak sorn rote and the lakorn is already going to end next week...
is she going to make it to the concert or is she waiting to go to the concert first then
off to india...just curious about it!!!

bebe

sarNie Hatchling
yep, she was on a talk show/or something like that n she said she had bird's concert then she was going to india

fan

sarNie Juvenile
There hasn't been any notice about Pinky not being in the concert. As of right now she's still in it :D

Bird officially has a Facebook that he will be updating and reading. I think this may be his first status, if not just his current one

ได้ออกกำลังทุกวันได้เหงื่อทุกวันกับครูอู๋ ซ้อมงานคอนเสิร์ตอเมริกาครับ

"I'm exercising everyday, sweating everyday with Kru Auu, practicing for the concert in America"

fan

sarNie Juvenile
For those going to the LA New Years Festival...

There is an ad in the thai newspapers that if you can buy tickets at the festival and there is a special promotion for the $150 tickets.

If you bring 10 caps of the Change beer bottles you can buy the $150 for $75 and you get some special goodies too don't know what though. Anyways I'll scan the ad if any one wants to see it.

kulyia

RUK
i would like to know if anyone in the northern california area is driving down to LA? im going but i will be alone...LOL gosh i sound so desperate...was wondering if anyone wants to take a trip down there with me...MOH are you reading this...you wanna go with me??? neither one of my sisters are fan of thai music..so i cant really ask them to go and pay that much for the tickets..

i would also like to know what time the concert will be so i can schedule my time around it. if anyone know pls share...thanks in advance!

the concert will be at the Galen Center in LA...apparently it says it has seatings of 10,258. the place is hugeee
lol omg girl you're hilarious. =)i would go and consider it as a Road Trip. lmao. but im not going... sad.. did you order your tickets already?? and what number did you call? okay.. thank you hun =)

kulyia

RUK
i would like to know if anyone in the northern california area is driving down to LA? im going but i will be alone...LOL gosh i sound so desperate...was wondering if anyone wants to take a trip down there with me...MOH are you reading this...you wanna go with me??? neither one of my sisters are fan of thai music..so i cant really ask them to go and pay that much for the tickets..

i would also like to know what time the concert will be so i can schedule my time around it. if anyone know pls share...thanks in advance!

the concert will be at the Galen Center in LA...apparently it says it has seatings of 10,258. the place is hugeee
lol. how much did you pay for the front rows? i hear its 400 then 350?? And my sister in law wants to know what is the number that you call to get your tickets or did you get 'em online? okay, thank you girlie.

sunny_gyrl

dee oNe aNd oNlee sUnNy!!!
hey people
if u bought tickets through me PM me back cuss ur tickets are here and i got PROOF of it...hehehe

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL kulyia...yes i already bought my tickets.(plane & concert ticket) & i'm flying solo LOL so sad huh! not to mention i got the earliest flight also. gotta get up at 3 in the morning and drive to sac.

my cousin from san diego bought the concert ticket. although we haven't gotten our tickets yet. don't know when we'll get em, but its any day now. i'm so ready for this trip & looking forward to seeing the girls! (sw) :) i think i am just as excited to see them as i am bout the whole entire trip! :lol:

oh & my cousin called the number on the website and got the VIP tickets. (including tax it came to almost 400 dollars per ticket) i guess she spoke to one of the lady. i did called once to check up on the seating chart and i called the first number that was on the website. :)

kulyia

RUK
VIP? wowzer!! solo? Lol 3 o'clock on friday or sat? eventually the concert will pay off.. ONE AND A HALF MORE MONTHS!!!!:D