Blessed Are the Fallen :: Andrew/Kob

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Blessed are the fallen

starring: Andrew & Kob
Genre: Drama
Rated: R

Synopsis

Chaos erupts when the biggest will of the century stipulates two people who have abhorred each other since the day they met to live in the same house, breathe the same air and make the same living! Andrew Gregson, son and co-CEO of a billion dollar multimedia corporation finds himself in this predicament when his father passes, forcing him to live with the one woman he despise the most, Suvanant kongying, orphan and secretary to his father and brother. Suspicious of Suvanant and women in general, he could not eradicate the thought from his mind that Suvanant conveniently arrived at the company only a month before his father’s death. Suvanant on the other hand could not conceive how any one person could be both so cold and arrogant at the same time when Willy, his brother was one of the kindest people she’s met in her life. Can these two make it the end of the will’s stipulated time or will something sway them?

Character summary

Andrew gregson

Second son and second heir to the Gregson Media Corporation. Though he is the younger of the two sons, he’s always taken on more responsibility and acted as the older, responsible party taking enough on himself so that his brother would be free to do as he wishes. Always suspicious of women and people, he keeps them at arm’s length, preferring a tight reliable network rather than an extended one. Having watched his father’s life mistake in marrying a woman who came and stayed only for her monthly allowance, he refused to fall ill to any woman’s charms; rather, he chose to excel in the art himself as a form of protection and vindication. Often times perceived as cold and dangerous, he does nothing to correct this perception or to deflect it.

Suvanant kongying

Both kind hearted and resilient, she’s had to make a life from a very rough start. Orphaned from birth, she’s never had any idea of her roots but has never blamed anyone for anything. Although she tries to keep optimistic she never takes anything for granted knowing it could be gone in the next minute. She put herself through college but for lack of experience found no job worth her degree until one day when an old man offers her an opportunity she couldn’t resist.

Willy McIntosh: willy gregson

First heir to the Gregson Media Corporation and older brother to Andrew gregson. Although he’s been confined to a wheel chair since childhood he’s worked alongside his father and brother since, proving himself a worthy adversary and taken role of co-CEO beside his brother. More collective and calm than his brother, he’s always comforted where his brother rejects.

Araya

A tough and sassy nurse that Kob met in school and has been friends with since. She never steps down from speaking her mind and often shows little emotion. Like Kob, she’s had a rough childhood and puts her life’s work in the happiness of others.

Num Tepitek

Another one of kob’s friends and admirers from her school days who currently is a lawyer. Recently hired to one of Bangkok’s newest but growing law firms, he’s building himself up both in wealth and in reputation.

Noon Woranuch : Noon Gregson

The youngest Gregson and only female heir. Having experienced a traumatic accident resulting in the loss of her mother when young she limits herself to the confines of her home. Although timid and conservative, she’s very creative not to mention beautiful.

Lydia : Lydia Gregson (made up character)

Stepmother to the Gregson Children, she’s been known to only hang around for a monthly paycheck. Only a few years willy’s senior she’s clever but conniving and only speaks to pierce. She is the ultimate bane of Andy’s existence and were it not for his father he would’ve kicked her out years ago.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 1: breathe

“Breathe….� she chanted, “breathe….today your life will change
Forever….�

Opening her eyes, kob sighed again, using her hand to shield her eyes from the reflection of the sunlight against the solid glass building directly ahead of her.

It was like nothing she’d ever seen before---well not this close. It was perhaps the tallest building on this side of Bangkok, practically screaming opportunity.

Her insides bubbled with what seemed like a mix of nerves and excitement. Entering she felt like her life had just done its own epiphany, light bulbing its own path towards a better…a better..something…anything! And it was wonderful!

Glancing to her right she saw where she would go next, the elevators. Immediately she took off in the direction spying one elevator on the brink of closure. Racing in she made it just as the elevator door closed but hit something hard in the face, or rather her face hit it.

Looking up she gulped and stepped away thanking god that they were the only two in the elevator.

“I’m so sorry,� she exclaimed, mentally reprimanding herself for her carelessness, “I didn’t meant to…I just---�

“needed to get wherever you needed to go on time and since you’re late decided to leave a trail of injured people behind?� he finished for her, his tone irritated.

She looked indignant at once. Who was this man she thought? Where were his manners. She said she was sorry…and besides she wasn’t late, she was thirty minutes early.

“excuse me but I am not late, im early so sorry but that was not why I bumped into you!�

At this he became even more irritated and glared at her like she’d just made some major mistake in talking back to him. “and so you bumped into me for fun?� he snared.

Her mouth dropped slightly, her indignation bursting, “no of course not!� she cried frustrated, “why would any sane human do that?�

“I never called you such…�

Her eyes came bulging out at such an insult, “look here, I said I was sorry, there’s nothing more I can do so drop your little injured man act and get over it you poop head!�

And with that she stepped out, glad that something worked out right in her life for the second time; the elevator stopped right at the floor she needed to exit off right at that moment.

He stood there, jaw clenched, starring after her.

What just happened he thought halfway between a irritated frown and a confused expression. Who the hell was this kid and did she just call him a poop head?

“floor 43� he noted, looking up at the floor she’d just exited off, “will need a little pruning..�

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 2: Runner

“So you’re the lovely young lady I spoke to on the phone?� Mr. Gregson greeted, a smile on his face from cheek to cheek.

Kob immediately eased up at once at the man’s obvious kindness, “yes, I am. It’s nice to meet you.�

“yes…yes….yes…� he replied jovially, “well like I said the position is only temporary, I’m pretty sure you’ll move onto bigger…maybe better things to do later…�

She nodded in accordance.

“Now,� he began, “your file says you’ve got a marketing/advertising degree specializing in commercial media? Is that correct?�

“Yes it is sir,� she replied.

“no, no need for such formalities, you’ll be my secretary, we’ll be working close you can just call me Gregson or Mr. Gregson if that makes you more comfortable,� He said, chuckling at the uncomfortable expression on her face at the idea of having to call him Gregson.

Again she nodded with an expression of utmost relief, “Mr. Gregson will be fine.�

“Now, for the first few days I’m just going to have you do a few secretarial stuff, spreadsheets, and the like but eventually I will have you start getting yourself familiar with the other departments working in media. As you might know, I am no longer the CEO and top man in this company, I have stepped down and handed it over to my two sons who are doing wonderfully if I do say so myself..�

Kob giggled. The man was just as she’d always imagined a jolly old grandpa somewhere to be if she had one.

He continued, “you will meet them both soon because you will be working with them after I officially step down and retire all together but that might not be for a few days. For now your desk is the one you passed upon entering right outside that door there. Your first task is to get signatures for these expansion proposals from Willy, my oldest son. He works more in proposals than actually on site, that’s more Andrew’s thing. He’s my second youngest son and he’s already signed so you don’t need his.�

Kob nodded taking the folder of papers Mr. Gregson handed over his desk, “and where do I bring them after I am done?�

Mr. Gregson smiled, “I was just going to get to that but its good..you’re thorough, I like that…anyhow, you can bring them to the 45th floor where you’ll find a runner and he’ll run it to the United Corp for you.�

“Alright, I’m on it,� she said, “is that all?�

“that’s all.� He nodded.

Kob nodded in return and turned to leave when she was stopped by Mr. Gregson’s call.

“yes?� she asked, wheeling around.

“aren’t you going to ask me where my son’s office is?�

“Mr. Willy Gregson’s office is on the 35th floor, room 3540.� She replied.

His eyebrows arched, “how did you know that?�

“I saw it as I was entering in the lobby downstairs between the two elevators.� She replied.

Mr. Gregson chuckled, “detailed too…I like that.�

*Knock knock*

“yes come in,� Willy called putting the phone to his ear.

The door swung, revealing a very beautiful woman in its place. Her features were sharp but soft where it needed to be. He didn’t recognize her. She must be his father’s new secretary.

“hold on a second,� he said into the phone putting it down. He glanced as the woman approached. Noticing her slim fitting suit, he approved. It wasn’t entirely trendy but classic and nice on her form. “Have we met?�

Kob smiled, “No, I’m kob sir, your father’s new secretary. He asked me to have you sign these proposal papers.�

He smiled too, “Oh, nice to meet you and you can skip the sir, just call me willy.�

She was about to protest but he spoke first, “I insist, sir makes me sound old which is probably why my father doesn’t like it either.�

Kob couldn’t help but chuckle at that. She had expected nice but she didn’t expect charming as well. She was beginning to like the place a lot. She nodded, handing him the papers.

While he signed she examined him. From business magazines and the local news she had known that one of the Gregson brothers were confined to a wheelchair due to a car accident earlier in his youth but she did not know he would be so handsome. And he appeared comfortable which made it easier for her to be too.

“There you go, all done,� he said, handing the folder back to her, “and you know it needs to go back up to the 4—�

“5th floor to the runner who will run it to United Corp,� she finished for him.

He nodded, impressed, “first day on the job and looks like you’re doing just fine. I was going to offer you company for lunch to make you feel less intimidated and nervous but looks like you’re doing just fine…�

She grinned, liking his friendly demeanor more and more, “I’m fine but is it customary to take your employees out to lunch?�

“of course,� he exaggerated, “why it’s practically tradition. Besides lunch on the lawn wont inspire any gossip if that’s what you’re afraid of.� And with that he gave her a little wink.

She let out a small laugh, “well then, I’ll take you up on your offer.�

“see you at 12 then…� he called as she headed towards the door, folder in hand.

“see you at 12,� she called over her shoulders.

If those two are that nice I wonder how the other one will be, she thought as the elevator dinged on 45.

Striding out she immediately spotted the runner room across the hall and a few doors to the left. Walking towards it she couldn’t help but smile. She was having a very good first day.

A little too excitedly she pushed the wooden door inwards and immediately heard a loud “ow!�

Kob gasped and pulled it , sliding through to find a man hunched over, clutching his face in what looked like pain.

“I’m so sorry!� she cried, “I really am, I didn’t mean…�

and then the man looked up and they both gasped, “YOU!�

it was the man from earlier!

Clutching his reddened nose, he accused nasally, “what were you thinking! Ramming the door into me like that?�

Knowing the man’s arrogant attitude she became a bit defensive, “I didn’t mean to, I didn’t know you were right behind it! I said I’m sorry.�

“Sorry doesn’t cut it!� He shouted back, finally letting go of his swollen nose, “what are you doing here anyways?�

“I brought these for the runner to run to United Corp,� she replied feeling somewhat sorrier after seeing his swollen nose.

He grabbed the papers from her and opened them.

She was going to interrupt knowing the papers weren’t for free glancing but he spoke first.

“who do you work for anyways?� he barked, closing the folder up.

He despised his patronizing tone, “for Mr. Gregson on 43rd.� she replied, arms akimbo at her waist.

Mr. Gregson? He thought, when did he get a new worker and without informing him?

Kob was becoming impatient. This runner was keeping her from her job, “will you—�

“I’ll take it.� He replied harshly before she could finish, closing the folder.

She nodded and turned to leave hastily before he could stall her work any further.

So he’s just a runner, she thought, what unjustified superiority.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
chapter 3: meeting

“father did you hire a new secretary?�

Mr. Gregson looked up, eyes twinkling at his younger son’s angry countenance, “yes, she’s lovely.�

“no, she’s not,� Andrew replied, “she’s rude, always in a rush and not to mention clumsy..�

“you’ve met?� Mr. gregson asked, arching a brow, he was under the impression that she hasn’t had a chance yet to meet andy.

“of course, a while ago,� said andy dismissively, “when did you hire her?�

“why, just two weeks ago..� Mr. Gregson explained, knowing this routine well. Every time he hired another young woman to work as his secretary or in his office, his youngest son would come barging in whenever he had a chance and grill him about his reasons for hiring her, her qualifications and ask him the usual questions about whether or not they could trust her competence.

“look son,� Mr. Gregson cut in before andy could put in another word, “I don’t know about your experience with her but for the past two weeks, she’s done great, she’s done every job assigned to her quickly and competently…just ask willy, he agrees with me…�

“Willy knows her?�

“well yes, I think they have lunch on the lawn with the others weekly…�

Andy growled. So the woman was more conniving than he thought. “how did you find this woman anyways, it’s like she just came out of nowhere…�

His father shrugged, “the usual, postings and scouts..�

“but you’re retiring soon, you don’t have need of a secretary, why didn’t you just use mine?�

“yours?� his father asked, incredulous, “Padma is as old as I am, if not older, she should be retiring herself…�

Andrew looked both annoyed and ready to go on the defense..�Padma’s a great worker, she’s been with the company a long time…�

“just admit you’re scared to hire younger women to work for you because most of them spend their working hours chasing after you and your money…�

“so you understand my concern.�

“but Kob’s not like that,� Mr. Gregson argued, “she’s genuinely a hard worker..i mean when you met her, did she show of wanting to marry you?�

“well no..� just the opposite actually

“see?�

“yeah but that doesn’t mean she’s not after willly…you said so yourself that they’ve been having lunch�

Mr. Gregson sighed, “yes but so are 30 other people in this office…our lawn is a very popular you know…�

Andrew growled, frustrated, “I see you won’t listen to reason, just keep an eye on her…�

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“here’s the last of it to sign..�

“thanks,� said willy, taking the folder from her, “are you lunching on the lawn again today?�

“actually, I have a date with a friend for lunch..�

“oh…�

“but you’re welcome to join us…�

“I don’t want to be a third wheel, well fourth if you’re counting literately…� he joked, spinning his wheels back for her to see.

She laughed, “no, it’s not that kind of date, it’s a girl…�

He arched a brow at her.

“not that kind either.� She replied, laughing. He was a real jokester.

He chuckled, “alright then if you’ll have me, I’d love to join you…we can take my car…�

“sure…she’s waiting at the Bebe café.�

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Araya, this is one of my bosses, Mr. Willy Gregson, and Willy, this is my friend, Araya, she’s a nurse at the Region hospital.�

“pleasure.� She said, shaking her hand, not trusting him at all.

“the pleasures all mine.� He grinned, offering her one of his winning smiles.

She nodded, and quickly dismissed him, turning back to her menu. Kob stared at her, wondering why she was being so rude. Willy only smiled, liking her sass. Obviously she wasn’t adverse to his disability, she’s a nurse but there must be something about him she didn’t like and that only piqued his interest more.

“so what’s it like working at the Regions?� he asked, trying to start a conversation.

“good.�

And that was how the conversation went for the rest of lunch. Willy tried to talk, kob helped and Araya just seemed to be cutting everyone short.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“why were you being so rude to Willy today?�

Araya sighed, “kob you are so naive…�

“about what?�

“about this, the fact that your boss of two weeks is taking you out to lunch.�

“what do you mean?�

“don’t you see what he’s trying to do? A rich man like that, taking out his secretary for lunch…you need to watch more movies…he has hidden intentions…�

“no he doesn’t,� kob protested, “he’s just being nice, besides im not the only person lunching with him, we eat with a whole group of workers….on the lawn…how can that imply anything?�

“you don’t think it means anything.. but maybe he does…�

“he doesn’t Araya, I’m telling you…�

“I just think it’s a little suspicious that’s all..�

“what do you mean?�

“you know…his dad approaches you out of nowhere to offer you a job in one of the biggest buildings in Bangkok and now you’re having lunch with the son…its just weird…�

“araya, you just don’t trust rich people…�

“you’re right, I don’t,� she replied with conviction, “you should adopt the same philosophy…they just don’t respect hard working people like us…�

Kob shook her head, “I have full faith in willy, he wouldn’t do anything like that…�

Araya shrugged, “just be careful.�

“does that mean you wont have lunch with us again?�

“you’re gonna have lunch with him again?�

“well why not?�

“I don’t know…its just…I don’t trust him, I don’t trust his father…�

“well…then why don’t you join us so you can for yourself he’s really just a good guy?� Kob tried, ideas forming in her mind. She saw the look in Willy’s eyes when he saw her friend for the first time. They would be good for each other; Araya could use willy’s humor and he could use her friendship, Araya could be really nice when she wanted to…

“looks like I have to if you keep going off to lunch with him like that…�

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“kob, can you go in and have Andrew sign this?�

“sure.�

Kob took the folders, a little nervous. Since the two weeks she’s been there this was the first time she’s had to interact with Mr. Andrew Gregson, Mr. Gregson’s other son. He was on site most days so he was rarely in office.

Making her way to his floor, she straightened her collar, wanting to make a good impression. She hoped he was as kind as his father and brother. She knocked on his door and waited for the “come in.� which came only a second later.
Pushing it open she slipped inside and up to his desk, setting the folder onto his desk.

“Hi, sir, this is the papers for construction of the Wimdon Resort…Mr. Gregson asks that you look it over and sign it by the end of the day.�

Andrew waved her away, not looking up from his papers.

She nodded, taking the motion to mean leave it and turned to leave, feeling a little off somehow.

Not watching where she was heading, he heel hit something hard and she tripped, falling over the office chair and felt her bottom hit the floor, a sharp pain in her ankle.

Immediately she heard scrambling and in the next second he was there beside her, checking her ankle.

“are you ok?� he asked, halfway between irritation and concern.

She glanced up, recognizing that voice just as he looked down, their eyes meeting for the first time that day.

“you!� they both said.

“I should’ve known it was you…�

“what does that mean?� she said indignantly, pushing his hands off her ankle.

“you’re always hurting someone else, I’m not surprised your hurt yourself too…you’ve really gotta try to stop being so clumsy. Let me see that…� he made a grab for her ankle again.

Her mouth fell open, she really couldn’t believe he expected her to take account for accidentally falling over, he should be more careful about how he arranged furniture!

“ow! Stop that!� she said, as he twisted her ankle a little.

“its sprained but badly…�

“wow, thanks genius..� she replied, irritated that the one person she didn’t like in this office happened to be one of the ones she had to answer to.

He glared at her, “would you like me to leave you on the floor?�

“I can get up myself!� she grounded out, pushing him away. She tried to push herself up and was halfway successful but just as she started to put weight on the injured ankle, she stumbled, and began falling.

Expecting to crash onto the ground, she was surprised when an arm came around her waist and grabbed her, breaking her fall.

“you cant be so stupid as to try that again!� he growled, effortlessly lifting her up into his arms.

“where are you taking me!� she demanded not liking how closely he was holding her, “let me go this instant!�

And he did. He dropped her onto the hard couch, letting her body plop down.

“ow…� she moaned, “thanks so much SIR!�

“welcome.� He said and with that he returned to his desk and resumed his work.

“you can’t just leave me here! I have work to do…� she called, desperately trying to find someway to get out of his brooding presence.

“would you like me to lift you to your lunch date with my brother then?� he asked, cynically.

“its not a date!�

“sure.�

“fine, I’ll go myself!�

Immediately he jumped out of his seat and pushed her back down onto the couch, “you will stay here until it gets better, I’d rather not have a lawsuit so soon…�

“what are you talking about!�

“listen,� he said, crouching down lower , nearly breathing on her, “I know why you’re here…you want to get money…either out of my dad or my brother but you will not trick me…I know women like you…my father says you have a degree…what are you doing here being a secretary? I know you’ll just as likely use this moment to sue me for money than get it out of my brother…I will not have you leave until you’re better…�

She glared daggers at him, her pulse racing with anger..she couldn’t believe he formed that sort of opinion about her merely by having bumped into her a few times, “I do not want your money! Unlike you some of us don’t get everything handed to us at birth, my degree means nothing if no one will let me use it do you understand!�

He ignored her ranting and returned to his desk.

“hey! Come back here!� she yelled, “I’m not done with you yet!�

He continued ignoring her for the rest of the day.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
i love reading this...such a cute love-hate relationship with all the brickering and everything^^ i was reading this during class..and started laughing out loud...they all looked at me like this o_O GREAT UPDATE^O^

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 4: Fatal

Kob growled, mumbling curses under her breath as she snuck out of Andrew’s office, checking her watch. It was 9 already, all the other employees had already gone home at 5 the whole building seemed deserted, most the lights were already off…damn him, she thought…he kept her there an extra four hours because he wasn’t ready to leave yet (stupid workaholic) and he still insisted that she was going to try to sue him if he let her out of his sight…well no-sir-ree-bob was she going to sit there and waste her life away just because he didn’t trust her to not sue him…she was certainly mad at his furniture for making her twist her ankle but she wasn’t going to sue…what a ridiculous man….

Arriving on her floor she realized everyone had already gone home, including Mr. Gregson. Clutching the folder in her arms she made her way past her desk and into his office, not pausing to turn on the light…her eyes had already adjusted to the dark anyways, besides Mr. Gregson always left his desk light on so the room wasn’t completely flooded in darkness.

Coming upon his desk she walked around it to set the folder on the desk facing up. She’d never been on that side of the desk before but it only looked slightly different from this view. Without thinking she started straitening up the nick knacks on his desk and picking up pens. She turned around towards the window sill behind the desk to see if there was anything else that needed picking up and she became distracted by the frames there.

She’d never noticed those pictures before because they were pretty small, probably just 3 by 3’s and they were sitting right behind Mr. Gregson so he probably blocked them from view most of the time.

But what distracted her was the picture in the middle of two beautiful women. They looked to be middle aged but had timeless quality to their faces. She smiled, not knowing what made her smile about the picture. They looked so calm, so happy, smiling up at her. She felt an odd connection to them…as if she knew them before..but she couldn’t have…not anyone that Mr. Gregson knew anyways…

And then her eyes moved left the other pictures. There was one of a timid looking woman, maybe a little bit older than kob, one of willy giving his signature smile…and then lastly one of the most irritating man on earth, Andrew.

She frowned at him, bending down. Pretending he was alive, he scrunched her brows, “you know…you’re really ill opinioned! You should be more like your father and willy…I don’t know whats wrong with you sir but you should learn to not be so cold…I don’t want your money!.� she finished.

“oh really?�

Kob gasped and spun around, her heart jumping. A dark figure loomed over her, more tall and foreboding then it probably really was. She didn’t need light to know that voice, that cold, threatening voice that would send chills down a lesser person’s spine.

“you startled me!� she asserted angrily, hitting his chest with her fists but before she could retract them he grabbed her balled fists and pulled her forward, hitting himself on the chest with her body.

“you don’t want my money do you….�

“No I don’t let me go…� she struggled, pulling back but unfortunately, there was no where to go, her back hit the window sill wall…

“then what are you doing here in my father’s office at this hour? Stealing?�

Her color rose, fuming, “I am not! If you don’t remember, it was you who forced me to stay until ‘this hour’! and if you also have forgotten, I had to return the signature to your father’s desk! He expects it first think in the morning!.�

“then why is the light not on?� he asked, refusing to loosen his grip.

“because his desk light is on! Just because you want to kill the earth and waste energy doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t care for the environment jerk face!� struggling harder now, it took more strength to contain her so he pushed her harder against the wall with his body.

“then why are you lingering, touching my father’s stuff?�

“I was cleaning!� she argued

“what other comely services do you perform for my father?� he asked darkly, refusing to believe her.

Her eyes bulged, her anger heightening, “you are so sick!� she yelled, trying to push him off.

“am i?� he asked perversely, “I thought I was too cold…�

“you’re that too!�

“would you rather I be warmer then?� he asked dangerously, his tone changing to a low rumble.

She paused, hearing the change in tone. She stared up at him not knowing what to do…this Andrew seemed a little bit scarier than the cold distant mean one….his pupils were darkened, both of them frozen in struggle…was he…seducing her?

“so…� he whispered, “what will it be?�

Kob blinked, temporarily taciturn, “what?� she asked.

“would you rather I be cold…or hot…� he breathed, his words falling on her cheek like a feather.

Oh he could be quite fatal when he wanted to…this was bad….move, kob told herself, don’t listen…

“uh….�

He moved closer to her, maneuvering her flat against the window sill. Now she really wished she hadn’t thought about the environment so much and turned the lights on…

“if I stop being cold….will you?� he continued, feeling her pulse race he was so close.

“will I what?� she asked, her heart pounding in fright and excitement all at once.

“will you do for me what you do for my dad and brother?�

She snapped out of her trance at once hearing the insult. Using all her strength she pulled away and before he knew it, slapped him hard across the cheek. It was dark but she was sure it stinged because she could see the white impression of her palm against his face.

“how dare you!�

His eyes widened in anger, mood changing completely like a lion about to pounce on it’s prey, “you’ll regret that….�

Grabbing her, he pulled her body against him and crushed her lips in a punishing kiss, biting surface of her lips until she cried out; taking advantage of it, he plundered, thrusting his tongue inside her open mouth, kissing her until it hurt…

Kob struggled, pushing and pulling, whatever she could to get him off. Finally he moved and she kicked, right into his shin. He cried out in pain and finally let her go.

“I will never give you anything!� she yelled angrily, moving from him, “you do not deserve my respect or commitment, do not ever touch me again!�

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
chapter 5 - changes

Part

Her life became pretty routine, a concept as foreign as being repulsed by someone who refused to give you the time of day. For four weeks now she’s woken up with a new perspective, a belief that the universe had a way of righting itself. She wasn’t optimistic to the point of oblivion but she’s been introduced to a completely new life since she met Mr. Gregson and started working for him and for that she could only be grateful. She didn’t know why he chose to shed his grace on her but she worked hard everyday to pay him back for it. For the past week he’s deviated from his usual assignments and has started introducing her to more commercial work and less secretarial, allowing her to work with the marketing department on development.

He’s even picked up on Andy’s hostility towards her and stopped having her get signatures from him. Instead they’d already be signed by Andy by the time she got them and only had to have Willy sign them.

But that could only last for so long. Today Mr. Gregson was home, feeling under the weather and as luck would have it, the marketing department needed Andy’s signature to release a media report about the new development project they were working on and who did they ask to retrieve it? Of course it was inevitable they would meet again after that horrifying kiss incident.

Luckily, he was on site and on site, there were no walls.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“ahem, ahem…�

He turned, responding to that ridiculous cough. Whoever came up with using a fake cough to announce a presence must have been annoyingly unassertive. What he found both struck him with surprise and amusement.

He hadn’t had a chance to interact with kob since the incident two weeks ago, which, he largely suspects was his father’s doing. The documents were always at his desk at night before he left and gone in the morning after he signed it without him ever catching a glimpse of his father’s secretary. He was inclined to protest but had no legitimate reason to besides the fact that he wanted to keep tabs on her and make sure she wasn’t taking advantage of his father, willy or the company. So he humored his father’s sneaky resolution to keeping the two apart and used a careful network of spies to keep up to date with what she was doing.

Which was why he was both surprised and amused to see her. The source of his surprise was obvious but the source of amusement was unpredicted. She was behind him, in a sleek suit like usual that hugged her hips and played the lines of her body to almost perfection (which she probably wore for evoking male response) but what had him bemused was the yellow hard hat on her head, a little lopsided due to her rush. Albeit he wore one also but it didn’t clash so badly with his suit.

“don’t we look prepared, and here I thought you only dressed to solicit money.�

Her expression hardened, her irritation beginning to pound in her chest, “no, I’m wearing the hat purely to imitate you, I woke up and thought hmmm..wonder what it’d be like to act like an ass today?�

His brows rose, “touchy this morning arnt we?�

“so you can relate?� she asked, blinking.

“you mean I’m touchy like always on the verge or like the other night when---“

“stop!� she interrupted, not wanting to be reminded of that horrid night, “look, I don’t have time for this, marketing needs your signature for a press release.� She finished, handing him the file.

Andy took the file from her, satisfied that he won that round, childish though it may be. Glancing down, he pretended to read with the literacy of a first grader glancing at line after line even though he had already previewed the contents yesterday.

“you said these are from marketing?�

“is there a problem Mr. Gregson?�

“hmmmm…�

Kob rolled her eyes, knowing he stalled with deliberation, “it’s a simple memo…� she urged, adjusting her hard hat.

“hmmmm…..� he muttered again, completely unmoved by her assertion of the simple nature of the document.

“what are you hmmmming about?� she demanded, patience running thin, “its really quite simple, you read the fifteen or so lines, you sign it and I can be on my way…�

“yes but this a press release about our current development project…I just think….its missing something…� he said, making it up as he went.

“then why don’t you call the marketing team and have them redraft it?�

“no..� he replied, still looking in deep thought, “I think its something I want to add personally.�

“then by all means….� She said, exasperated, inviting him to add on what he needed.

“problem is, I haven’t decided yet what else to add….I suppose you’ll just have to wait.�

“for how long?�

“I don’t know…could take hours…�

She fumed, folding her arms. He was holding her there on purpose. She knew about his little spies, it wasn’t that hard to miss. After the first week of working there, women around the office started to trail her…glancing and trying to seem oblivious to her movements. Especially this little old woman on the 32nd floor, she popped up everywhere. It got so ridiculous, she’d managed to find a way around them all by taking the stairs and popping in and out of janitors closets. She knew they were all reporting back to him though with what she didn’t know…was he expecting her to be stealing his money under his nose?

A month ago she would’ve thought detaining her on site was neurotic. Today she knew it was just routine. His distrust was so natural, he would’ve taken any chance to keep her from the office and keep her in his sights so she couldn’t pull anything over him.

She exhaled, going back without a signature wasn’t much of an option. They were already a week past the projected release date. She would just have to bear the brunt of his cynicism until he gave her the file.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Apparently all day meant all day.

It was already high past noon when her phone rang, a welcome interruption to her standing over his shoulder watching him direct the site workers and engineers. He only shot her a ‘make it quick’ glare before returning to his discussion on pipes or whatever it was. Were pipes even the concern of CEOs anymore? Or ever?

Flipping her phone she answered, “hi, kob speaking.�

It was willy. “where are you? Araya and I are already here…she says to hurry,� and then he whispered, “she looks like she’s about to spit fire at me..�

“oh shoot,� she exclaimed, “I forgot our luncheon today…could you do without?�

“why what’s detaining you?�

She looked ahead, deciding against the truth. She didn’t want to hand Andrew ammunition and let him say that she ran to his big brother for help, “uh…still working with marketing…�

“oh,� willy replied, “well usually I don’t head that department but I can put in a word if that’ll help---“

“no,� kob said quickly, “its ok, um…I’ll be there in 15….I’m almost done here anyways…�

Hanging up she clenched her fists, making a resolution to just be tough and assert herself.

“whose that?� Andrew asked, trying to sound uninterested.

“its nearly 2, according to company policy for every four hours I work, I get a 30 minute break, and for every eight, I get an hour lunch. So I’ll just be taking off now…�

She made to turn but was interrupted, “so that’s what you’ve been itching to do all morning? Lunch with my brother?�

“yes� she replied, too tired to retort, “can I go now?�

He glared, unable to refuse her since she’d already made it her priority to memorize the company policy, “fine, just be back in an hour and a half.�

“thank you.� And with that, she nearly hopped off the site, so glad to be out of his presence.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

When kob got there willy and araya were in heated argument, apparently about his wheelchair.

“wheel chairs don’t dictate comprehension of the less fortunate class.�

“but they do imply understanding of certain handicaps…� willy replied, a somewhat amused expression on his face.

“handicaps that are overcompensated by your butlers and maids and drivers…it only makes you lazier if possible!�

“araya!� kob interjected, shocked.

“its okay kob…� willy assured, not at all offended.

“no its not kob!� Araya pointed, “besides you don’t need the rich’s approval of what’s okay and what’s not.�

“oh my gosh,� kob sighed, not sure if she walked off a bad situation to come to a worse one, “are you seriously debating the implications of a wheel chair?�

Araya shrugged, “he started it.�

“I did.� Willy admitted without guilt, “I just wanted to let her know that im not some blueblood, condescending rich man whose out to eradicate the poor and middle class because, due to my handicap, I can understand what it means to be discriminated against for something you can’t help.�

“which is completely condescending in itself to announce!� cried araya, apt to argue, “I never accused you of such!�

“your continued argument now says it all…�

She looked wildly from kob to willy, trying to push her point through the silence. Giving up, she threw her hands up in the air, “I guess its lets all attack araya day.�

Kob laughed, “I’m not attacking you…willy isn’t either right?� she turned to him for confirmation.

“of course not, I was just---“ but before he could finish his phone rang, “hold that thought.�

“hello, this is willy….�

Araya and kob watched as his expression went from content to horrified, “what happened?� they both asked after he hung up hastily.

“my father…� he replied, face contorted in shock, “he just….he died...�

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
love how he kept kob with him almost ALL day heehee^^ willy and araya relationship is so cute and funny too.........OMG their father died...awwww

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 6 – the beginning

For all that she lacked in life, she had never experienced a great loss. In truth, she started out with nothing, anything of substance gone before she was cognizant of its existence. For this reason, she, who should’ve been the most sagacious about having to fill a void when the emptiness of loss started to swallow you whole, had nothing to offer.

Really, she should’ve been the most relatable, but she hadn’t loss anything, she had simply been born without.

So instead she offered her comfort where words might have been more relevant and offered her shoulder where advice might have been more lasting. It turned out that Willy asked only that.

But Andrew was another thing. Where Willy was heartbroken, he was simply angry. Where Willy was maudlin, he was simply brooding. But it was far from simple, she knew that those who said less and showed less were always the more hurt. He needed a venue to extricate his emotions from himself but kob knew she wouldn’t be the one for it. Unlike Willy who welcomed her comfort, Andrew avoided her presence like the plague.

But how could she help them when she had trouble calming her own thoughts. How could he have died so soon after changing her life? There was still so much she had to pay him back for….and what would happen now?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Her answer came only days after Mr. Gregson’s funeral.

“kob you have a letter…�

“thanks,� she mumbled inattentively, taking the envelope from Araya.

Taking no notice, she opened the letter, pulling out a single sheet.

“what is it?� Araya asked, seeing the look of confusion on kobs face.

“its work….� She replied, “I’m invited to Mr. Gregson’s Will reading…�

“what?� Araya asked, nearly spitting out her last gulp of mocha, “you’re what?�

Kob nodded, her expression becoming distant, “I don’t understand.�

“are you going?�

“I guess I have to,� she answered, rereading the last paragraph, “they can’t open it unless everyone whose presence is requested is there.�

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“will my stepmother be here?� Andrew asked impatiently

The lawyer shook his head, “the will doesn’t request her presence.�

“so then let’s get this over with…�

Willy sat in somber silence. He knew how Andy felt. Though the two were complete opposites no one knew him better than his younger brother and he was certain no one human has ever gotten close enough to know Andrew better than him. He didn’t want to be sitting here today either, to be reminded that his one source of guidance in the world has departed.

Most people would attribute Andrew’s impatience to disrespect or even greed but willy knew better. Andrew’s impatience spawned from his rejection of emotions, things he considered beneath the evolved human. Though of course behind that foreboding façade he experienced the same everyday setbacks as the rest of us, probably even in greater stride but he chose to suppress it.

“whos left?� Andrew asked, “noon?�

“no,� the lawyer answered, wiping a bead of sweat across his forehead, dreading this moment, “Miss. Noon has already been given everything she’ll get with the assumption that either of you two will provide for her until she decides to marry or move out.�

“then who---“

But he didn’t have to finish because there was knock on the door which the lawyer almost sprang to answer.

“come in,� he said.

Andrew and willy craned their necks to see.

In walked Kob, looking just as bewildered and confused as they did. The only person who changed expressions was Andrew who immediately exploded, assuming the worst.

“whats she doing here? I told you there was something going on!�

Kob kept silent, too distraught to refute him. Willy shook his head, not believing it.

“Please, sit down,�

Andy shot up, “no you will not! What’s she doing here?� he demanded, glaring at the lawyer.

“in your father’s will, he requested the presence of Ms. Kob Suvanant Kongying.�

“no.�

“there’s nothing to be done,� Willy interjected, trying to calm Andy, “we can’t read it without her, so unless you want to stall longer…�

The lawyer nodded, “he’s right.�

Andy shot a disbelieving stare at kob before finally giving into the inevitable and resumed his seat, clearing his throat. Willy nodded at the lawyer to commence.

“The day is June 2nd, in the year of 2008, I, William Arithun Gregson, write this will in complete physical and mental comprehension of its contents and of whom I bequest them to.�

“that’s less than a month ago!� Andrew protested, glaring at kob accusingly, “only a few days after you started in fact! What did you do to him to make him add you to his will….�

She looked completely bewildered, soaking in his words, “nothing…I ..I didn’t do anything…�

Willy held up his hand before Andrew could say more, “just let him finish.�

The lawyer picked up where he left off, “At the date and time relevant to 72 hours past my imminent burial, this will shall not be displayed of its contents unless the presence of my eldest son Willy Gregson, my youngest son, Andrew Gregson, and Ms. Suvanant Kongying are accrued together with no other being besides my lawyer present. They shall accept my bequests with full understanding that if this will is not followed through as decreed by me on this legal and binding document, all assets, past, current and future shall fall to my wife, Lydia Gregson within a year and 1 month of its reading.�

“what!� both Andrew and Willy exclaimed.

The lawyer nodded, “it’s what he wanted…shall I continue?�

Andrew looked like he was going to protest again but willy put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him down.

The lawyer continued, “The transfer of title and ownership of my company, Gregson Media Corporate shall not be completed until the period of one year and one month from this date whereby every request in this will would have been fulfilled. For this to happen all my requests have to be taken into account and executed into action. My first request is that Ms. Suvanant Kongying move into the Gregson Estate in Bangkok and reside with the other members of the Gregson family for the duration of one year and one month and continue working in Gregson Media Corporate as newly appointed director of the Marketing and Communications department for at least 9 years and one month beyond the time in which the transfer happens; within that period, she cannot be terminated, demoted or reclassified to a lower position for any reason, the only way her status may change is if she gets promoted or she leaves Gregson Media Corporate by choice. My second request is that Ms. Suvanant Kongying become engaged to the Gregson heir entitled to the most shares, (Willy), for the period of 6 months following the date of this reading. At the end of the six month period both will fly to my estate in Switzerland for a period of at least two weeks and pay my first wife, Anna Efinastof Gregson’s family a visit. Upon seeing the pair, the Efinastof family will call to notify my lawyer of this visit having taken place and the pair will then fly back to live out the next seven months of stipulated time together in the Gregson Bangkok Residence until their wedding date which shall take place exactly one year and 29 days from the date of the reading of this will. Twenty four hours following the date of the wedding, the company may be transferred to both my sons Willy Gregson and Andrew Gregson on the stipulation that everything requested up to date has been completed; Ms. Suvanant Kongying will then receive my first wife Anna Efinastof Gregson’s Red Treasure Chest Box to do with as she pleases; Inside she’ll discover objects she might find of value to her and two letters addressed to my three children and herself. But before my sons receive the company and Ms. Kongying receive the box, all the above requests must be executed with my lawyer appointed to oversea the execution of this will. If not all stipulations are met, relative to the allotted time, the company and Gregson Residence will fall to my wife Lydia Gregson to dispose as she pleases. In the mean time, funds may be drawn from the account 009-3458 to cover any expenses up through the date of the wedding to not exceed a half billion US dollars; My wife Lydia’s monthly allowance shall be cut down to half of what it is now until the one year and one month period is up; if the terms of this will is met she will be compensated with 100,000 baht and her monthly allowances terminated indefinitely, her further residence at the Gregson House determined by my son Willy Gregson. The security and future success of Gregson Media Corporate is contingent upon the terms of this will being met to completion.�

No one spoke. Even Andrew was too shocked to say anything, negative or otherwise.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
thanks again rahut-rissaya for being supportive to the extreme but i've decided to discontinue this one here also...i might continue it elsewhere but im not sure for now...happy reading!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thanks again rahut-rissaya for being supportive to the extreme but i've decided to discontinue this one here also...i might continue it elsewhere but im not sure for now...happy reading!
again do tell me if you decide to continue this elsewhere.....i am very eager to read these.....why do all good things come to an end..... :( ......no problem...i loved and still love reading yours.......you will always have my support ^^

i just want to say....THANK YOU for at least giving these a chance to grow and allowing me to be able to read the tremendous talent you have^^ sending you bunch of hugs and kisses and love!

cecilia

Staff member
yes.continue this one as well.. i mean, i love big arrogant p'ek with lots of money, flashing it all over n'ek face to get their attention. so yup. go for it. continue, when i'm done with badarn, i will come in to read it.. just too hype atm to avoid all these fictions .. even i avoid reading MY ENEMY :p

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
again thanks for trying to redeem the fanfic but as explained in the fill to completion thread, it just takes alot of effort that i cant afford to exert right now...im not discontinuing it solely because of lack of current interest, its just a big mix of problems, mostly because im secretly using work time to update and well, i'd rather not risk getting in trouble if people dont have time to read right now...also as you can tell i take a more novel-like approach to my writing so it does take considerably more time to write...basically i'm lazy and would rather not write...i was using this as a venue to scribble away all my ideas and i can still do that here and there...so if anyone would like the ending, you can pm me and i'll tell you but there might be a chance i'll continue in the future so the choice is yours....

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
again thanks for trying to redeem the fanfic but as explained in the fill to completion thread, it just takes alot of effort that i cant afford to exert right now...im not discontinuing it solely because of lack of current interest, its just a big mix of problems, mostly because im secretly using work time to update and well, i'd rather not risk getting in trouble if people dont have time to read right now...also as you can tell i take a more novel-like approach to my writing so it does take considerably more time to write...basically i'm lazy and would rather not write...i was using this as a venue to scribble away all my ideas and i can still do that here and there...so if anyone would like the ending, you can pm me and i'll tell you but there might be a chance i'll continue in the future so the choice is yours....
heehee--sorry, i take full resposibility for the whole COMMOTION, but NOW you know what a BIG influence i have (not really LOL) GOOD LUCK w/ work....hopefully you will have time to come back to us and update these^^