Blood Dance

chenling

sarNie Adult
Chapter 4

Alex stared at herself in the mirror, the sales lady offered her a smile before she began telling her how lovely she looked. She turned her attention to Kim who was standing beside her, Kim nodded silently telling Alex that she'd found the perfect dress. The perfect dress…the perfect costume, she wasn't going to the prom, this dress shouldn't be that important but it was. Everything from her hair to her shoes had to be perfect; she had to look as though she belonged. The problem was that she'd never been one those girls that dreamed of dressing up and going to the ball, she wasn't Cinderella looking for her prince.

"Almost done." Kim announced as she patted Alex's shoulder, "You okay?"

"Sure, it's not every day you get to dress up like a princess and go to a ball. Then to top it all off a prince is waiting, oh wait, he's a killer." She sarcastically chuckled.

"That fact is noted." Kim shook her head, "Now let's finish up with this so we can go see about those eyes."

"What do you mean?" Alex groaned, her hand going up to fool with the rim of her glasses.

"Those glasses have to go; you have to wear a mask." Kim frowned, "Sorry."

Alex walked off defeated; she knew her friend was right, if she wore her glasses she just as soon walk in with a name tag, making sure he would find her. What she failed to understand was that he'd already found her, always a few steps behind, lurking, waiting.

&&&&&&&​

Later that night, Alex stood looking back at herself through the mirror. She was finally use to the contacts in her eyes, and though she wouldn't admit to Kim, she liked them. Shaking her head, she growled.

"Don't like this!" she barked at herself, "This isn't going to be fun!"

She quickly turned her back to the mirror, leaning back against the sink. Her eyes closing, she was hoping for a moment of peace, a moment where she wouldn't see his face. Alex wished, prayed that somehow her inner voice would scream loud enough to make her stop.
Her eyes opened as she turned back to the mirror, taking one more look. A shiver ran up her spine, she could still feel the cold blade of his knife breaking her skin. She wouldn't let him that close again. She wouldn't let him win.

Alex finished up in the bathroom and settled into bed, the last two weeks had flown by and tomorrow night was what she'd been dreading all this while. There was no turning back, nowhere to run.

&&&&&&&&​

Many miles away, Rei Shinji lay in bed. Drawing his hands behind head, he smiled. The final piece of puzzle would be in place, she would be in his home. He hoped she wouldn't be angry; he'd only done all this so they could have some time to themselves. In all his life Rei had never met a woman he wanted as much as this, not that he didn't have his pick. Being the heir to the Shinji fortune, women in his circle throw themselves at him yet he had never found anyone he wished to get to know.

He knew most of that was due to his upbringing. Rei had despised the family he was born into; most of his early life was spent in training. He hated all it, he wanted nothing more than to attend a public school, meet people his own age that weren't wealthy. It took him years to embrace his family name. It wasn't that he woken up one day and realized he had more money than most in his country, Rei had figured out that with money came power.

As his mind filled with memories, Rei sighed, he didn't want to think of his past. He wanted to think of his future. As a smile came to his lips, Rei sat up. Leaning back against his pillows, his long fingers running against his neck and he growled. His body tensed up and a wave a heat rushed over. She would fight back and that fact excited him. Even though most people took advantage of her, when it came down to it, his little bookworm would defend herself.

Thoughts began to swirl in his mind, images of what would happen when they were together. Licking his lips, Rei closed his eyes. He wanted her fierce, unbridled and wanton to the same degree he was. His overwhelming need for her was like a drug. The softness of her body against his, the gently touch of hands….Rei didn't know how much longer he could go without touching her. It took all his will power not to go to her, break down every wall in between them.

A deep seductive groan escaped him as he dug his hands into the comfort, everything would be different tomorrow. She would finally be his.

&&&&&&&​

Aoi Sora was beyond anything that Alex had ever imagined. She expected a traditional Japanese manor but this, it was…like a castle. The grounds were filled with gardens, beautiful ancient Japanese structures and art. The main house looked like something out of a movie; the family had rebuilt their ancestral home as if they were in France. The buildings could rival the great palace of Versailles. Alex took in a deep breath as she climbed the steps up the main entrance. Even though she looked the part, she felt more out of place then in her entire life.

A young man greeted her and motioned for her to follow; she took slow steady steps through a grand entrance way and into a large sitting room. A few scattered groups of people looked her way and then fell back into conversation. The young man again motioned for her to follow as he opened two large doors which lead them into a hallway. Alex quietly followed wondering where the hell she was going.

At the end of the hallway there was a large thick curtain, the young man whom she had been following flashed a brilliant smile and then bowed his head. He gripped the curtain with a steady hand and pulled it back. Music and light rushed over her, she stepped inside and felt as though she was in another world. The room was fit for a king, the art, the furniture and the balconies …everything it was breathtaking.
She slowly weaved throughout the crowd, her eyes moving from one person to another. The costumes were as beautiful as the room; it was as if she and the other guest had stepped into a time portal. Alex quickly focused on the people, she moved around small groups and individuals looking from one face to another. She had no clue that she herself was being watched.

Blue orbs, intently watched from the balcony as she went around the room. He smirked and turned his head to the side, nodding at a man who stood at the top of the stairs. The man bowed his head and began descending the stairwell. Rei watched in anticipation as his man moved closer and closer to Alex.

Alex moved to the one of the windows, she turned so she was facing the large room. She then began looking over all the guests that she could clearly see. As the band began playing another song, she focused on the dance floor. The guest even danced as though they were….she bit down on her lip. She had to focus; she couldn't let this place seduce her.
When a man appeared before her, she straightened up. He smiled before lifting up a tray with sparkly champagne. She hesitated a little before reaching out and taking a glass, he bowed his head leaving as quickly as he appeared. Her attention turned back to the dance floor. Somewhere among all these people was a deadly killer, shaking her head. Alex mentally kicked herself, who the hell did she think she was….Nancy Drew. Not only was she far too old but this wasn't a fantasy, this was real.

Another man soon appeared but this time her offered his hand instead of a drink. Alex offered a weak smile but did nothing. He chuckled at her shyness but kept his hand out. At first she began to say no, but then she nodded. She slipped her hands in his after placing her drink down and let him lead her to the dance floor.

"This is wonderful party don't you think so?" He asked in Japanese but when she gave him an awkward looked he laughed and then re-asked the question in English.

"I'm sorry; I should know more of the language." Alex laughed.

"No worries, there are so many people from other countries here tonight. I am only happy that you said yes."

The gentlemen soon began to ramble on and on, Alex pretended to listen but all the while she watched everyone on the dance floor. Finally, when the song was over her dance partner brought her back to her original spot.

"May I dance with you again tonight?" He asked cheerfully.

"Yes, thank you."

The man flashed a smile and then went back to wherever he had come from. Alex took hold of her champagne and took a small sip.

&&&&&&&​

Rei had taken his time making his way down from the balcony, he couldn't help but smile. His plan was moving forward splendidly. There was even time for chit chat with guest. He moved through the crowd like a predator stalking its prey. His blue eyes glued to her, she was trying her best to find him. As she took her last sip of champagne Rei sighed, soon..she would be in his arms.

TBC

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
ahhh i sooooooo cant wait to read more chenada!!! im very excited...excited words couldnt even described it... :p

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
aww. ..Rei doesn't seem so cold blooded... he's like literally aching for her.... I so inagine the masquerade!

I really think that Alex's boss must have beenn the bad guy to get killed like that.

gimme gimme more more! lol.. i'm singing britney's song for you to give us more.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
yepper..come back soon chenada..im dying to know ..i really am!!! oh yea rei's a bad boi..that i would want to have also.. LOL

yikes im a bit sleepy today..i might go to sleep before or by 12am!!

*physical exercise is wearing me out..* :huh:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
chenada isnt feeling like writing ..so who knows when we will get to read it lol...

ahhh how i wanna know what this lady killer *per SarN... will do next ... ;)

maichi

sarNie Hatchling
Ahhhhhh!!! Where the rest??? :lol:
I hope u finsih this casue it is a
good one and inersting to read!! :p
:D :wub:

orihime303

sarNie Hatchling
Wow! This is really great!!! Plz,plz,plz continue with this one it's sooo freaken good! I might have to check everyday to see if you uploaded any new chapters!!! Plz continue i can't wait!!!:DDD :worthy: