Can't Stop Eating...

Okae since me and my guy friend became closer then usually I notice in the last month or so I cant seem to STOP eating... Ima constantly eating and YES I just notice I have to squeeze into my clothes now... I worked so hard losing all my weight. I went from a 24 to a 16. I am still pretty BIG butta compare to 24 Ima pretty glad... Anywaise... I dont know what is the cause to my constant eating... I cant seem to figure it out and Ima getting really bummed about it. ATM ima gulping Mac&Cheese... I ate a WHOLE BOWL already... ahh.... No stress or worriness... Ima so missing my family other then that there's really nothing else... i cant think of anything else that would cause my outrangous eating problem... :lmao: :angry: :angry:

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
uhm... There are some people out there who have the same problem as you, eating constantly. Food might have become a comfort for you so you turn to it when you're feeling happy or sad or stressed out. Or it could be your eating because you're trying to fill in the void space in your life, like your family. You said you miss your family, well maybe you should give them a visit, if they live in the same city, or if not, just give them a call to chitchat with them. It can help ease off the food.

This is just my opinion. I learned about this in psychology class. ^_^

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^__^ agrees with noy, but you should pick up a hobby too. Sometimes people mistake boredom for hunger.. That use to be me lmao until I went from a size 3 to 5 I was like .. dfldsk! LOL so I lost it and then after that when I get bored I pick up a book or a journal and write.. I go out for a walk... also I eat small portions... like I would eat some crackers and cottage cheese for breakfast ... then a some more crackers a few hours later.. then sandwhich for lunch.. after getting use to the routine my stomache tighten and my appetite came down and I losted that size 5 to 3 back again in like 2 months of course with working out... losing to much weight in a small amount of time without working out is bad -.- so I reccommend that if you are going to try and lose weight pace yourself and workout as you go or else you'll have baggage

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Or maybe it's because you've been starving yourself so you're on an eating binge. Either who, how about when you feel hungry only eat some small proportion of stuff so you don't overeat throughout the day. My weakness is definitely desserts. Gosh ICE CREAM! :lol:

This is just my opinion. I learned about this in psychology class. ^_^
so happy my lil' one is focusing on her studies. ;)

back to the topic though. there could be 2 possibilities for the overeating:

- psychological
- physical

it could be one or the other or both. :eek: what's stressing you out, ms. yingerbug? to relax, you can go for long walks (like Tina suggested), lay down near pleasant water, go to the boonies somewhere :lol:, etc.... although we're on a lakorn forum, i suggest laying off the lakorns as well, because some are very dramatic unless you're watching the funny laid back ones... then that's ok. since you're into entertainment, pick the ones that make you smile and laugh more often for now until you get this overeating business under control.

as for physical, lay off fast food, soda, diet foods or basically anything packaged in a can, box or bag. :D they only make you MORE hungry anyway, & they're not very nutrient dense. if you have to eat a lot, just stuff yourself with fresh fruits & veggies. for your favorite snack foods like chips & ice cream, there are more healthy & natural counterparts you might be interested in trying out.

i don't suggest doing all this at once. do one thing at a time until it becomes a habit, & then it's easy from there. a little hard in the beginning, but the pay off is well worth it. :D

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
so happy my lil' one is focusing on her studies. ;)

back to the topic though. there could be 2 possibilities for the overeating:

- psychological
- physical

it could be one or the other or both. :eek: what's stressing you out, ms. yingerbug? to relax, you can go for long walks (like Tina suggested), lay down near pleasant water, go to the boonies somewhere :lol:, etc.... although we're on a lakorn forum, i suggest laying off the lakorns as well, because some are very dramatic unless you're watching the funny laid back ones... then that's ok. since you're into entertainment, pick the ones that make you smile and laugh more often for now until you get this overeating business under control.

as for physical, lay off fast food, soda, diet foods or basically anything packaged in a can, box or bag. :D they only make you MORE hungry anyway, & they're not very nutrient dense. if you have to eat a lot, just stuff yourself with fresh fruits & veggies. for your favorite snack foods like chips & ice cream, there are more healthy & natural counterparts you might be interested in trying out.

i don't suggest doing all this at once. do one thing at a time until it becomes a habit, & then it's easy from there. a little hard in the beginning, but the pay off is well worth it. :D

ahh i should take this great advice too...!!! im not on an eating spree..but sometime i feel like i overstuff myself too!

i suggest that when you're hungry, fill up on fruits (bananas are the best for this...one will leave you feeling full for hours!) and vegetables, rather than on snack foods or even meat...(as 7270 suggested)...stress effects different individuals differently: there are generally two categories -- those who eat up and snack when stressed and those who have no appetite when stressed...

Liberty

sarNie Adult
It could also be boredom, when I get bored I eat...it gives me something to do. lol I probably should be working out though.
Ditto on what Noy said.
You probably shouldn't be eating or snacking while watching TV, that's where people tend to over eat. They're too preoccupied with what they're watching that they forget to pay attention to their body when it says, "Stop. I'm full." (Well, stomachs don't actually talk, but you know what I mean. You can sense it.)

When you eat, pay attention to the act at hand, take your time and chew thoroughly.
All of this will help because, you're more in tune with your body and know when to stop eating when you're full. Oh and drink lots of water.

Thanks for all the inputs... I really do miss my family... They are a thousand miles away... I was supposed to spend Labor Weekend with them but sadly SKOOL FEE for books and etc ate up all my money so I had to cancel my airline ticket. I only eat one meal a day; well actually I USED to eat one meal aday. I still do but on the weekends I eat for like 10 peoples I would have to say. On weekday I only eat one BIG meal because if I eat at work i get so sleepy. I dont move from my desk due to my job and the people I work wid. They dont want to answer any phone calls so I have to grab all the phones. I duno why I get so sleepy when I eat mid-day thou. I barely have time to sleep or watch tv I cant even make time to exercise at all... sadly... Butta Ima needing to work on all this. again thanks Buddies... ^_^

MasterMind

sarNie Hatchling
Yep, sound like emotional eating. I have that problem too sometimes. My family is like 500 miles away and I miss all of them, although when I get there to visit, they drive me crazy in 24 hours.

But I noticed when I'm sad and I miss them, I usually make some traditional food that my mom used to make and I would sometimes end up eating too much.

MasterMind

sarNie Hatchling
And lately I noticed I've been getting in a really bad habit of eating my largest meal at dinner. Bad, bad, bad! It's because I can't eat hamburgers and hot dogs all the time, so I don't eat a lot during the day and by the time I get home I'm starving and then I pig out with "real" food. I consider real food as fresh veggies and non-fast food items, usually things that I cook from scratch.