[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
What's the last line that wasn't added on? It would have brought more weight to the poetry?

Please don't be scared to translate! We would all like to hear your version of it too hehe. If @Chario mintmario didn't express it like that we wouldn't find it from that angle either. The beauty of all of us being here we can share different bits of what each person has read, heard or understand it from other loving fans. And especially coming from yourself, being Thai, would be engrossing too!
U know in the book, Janward and Kade's friendship start after that poem scene in ep 5. But in lakorn version, they tried their best to prolong their friendship until they introduce another chapter of Janward's life which is the loss of her father (Kosa Lek) in ep 9. P'Nong said they were afraid since BPS novel is very different from the others because there is no evil female character. Lol...as a result we got Janward a bit more prominent as a rival in lakorn version.

In the book, kade is just so so careful that she never blurt out something in front of the others. She only thought in her mind. But the script writer said in lakorn version, she must speak out. At the end we got a childish funny Kade. And that made us feel like her poem was just to prove to Date that she also could write once.

These are the reasons they didn't translate to the screen that Kade had an intention to encourage Janward through her poem. Coz lakorn and novel have different intentions.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
Just watched the YT episode.

Dramatic night last night! Did Juang, Jit, Yam & Pin get to eat the wasp-nest-looking-fried-crispies which Kade bought for them? They were so shy when Date came alongside & so quickly returned the snacks to Pin. Betcha Jumpa’s never done that – spend a wasp crispy on a servant. (Bad Jumpa!!) And Date’s eyebrows almost went into a straight line his fiancée knows the map of India. But isn’t he so romantic he bought her the first trinklet in their lives together…..

Oh oh, Luang Sri Yot is ready to fall in love with Kade. “Who’s kid are you, you very very beautiful girl. May I walk you home?”

How did Por Date get home so fast? He’s sitting there with the rest of the jury as Kade walks in. But him & Kade, whether they each want to admit it or not, they’re like a pair now. As her punishment is being meted out his face went into all sorts of concern & worry for her as if it’s him on the stand. Helplessly tells her to stay quiet so she won’t be hurt. And his heart was like on the floor when she knelt in front of his dad & he touched her hair.

I like the way her eyes were crying up to his to tell him of her pain, and although he stays silent he’s tortured by her tears and in a way glad her ordeal is over. He couldn't save her but he did the best he could. Because there’s no holding people for comfort in that place, no way to tell her not to cry.

He made those medicines for her with love, he also provided the brew for her fever; he did all that, she didn’t need mom or gran anymore. In this strange new world she finally has someone.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
U know in the book, Janward and Kade's friendship start after that poem scene in ep 5. But in lakorn version, they tried their best to prolong their friendship until they introduce another chapter of Janward's life which is the loss of her father (Kosa Lek) in ep 9. P'Nong said they were afraid since BPS novel is very different from the others because there is no evil female character. Lol...as a result we got Janward a bit more prominent as a rival in lakorn version.

In the book, kade is just so so careful that she never blurt out something in front of the others. She only thought in her mind. But the script writer said in lakorn version, she must speak out. At the end we got a childish funny Kade. And that made us feel like her poem was just to prove to Date that she also could write once.

These are the reasons they didn't translate to the screen that Kade had an intention to encourage Janward through her poem. Coz lakorn and novel have different intentions.
If they did, everyone around, Janward most of all, would have appreciated Kade for what she did. Maybe I would like it much better? Because she proved to company how selfless she really is - and meant it. The moments for others to be kinder & more accepting of Mae Karakade would be resolved faster. Date too would have seen another side of her. Which he did not because this is how he chose to take it in this movie version. The only evil character that we can see is probably Jumpa. You can't blame Prik because afterwards she too got hurt by Jumpa.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
It would've been very nice if Bella was fluent in English. Haha. I'm surprised she isn't considering her dad is full British.

I think that's the charm of adaptations; remain loyal yet not replicate. l I like that instead. Hehe. You keep some content yet give a little of your own flavor to spice it up a bit.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Just watched the YT episode.

Dramatic night last night! Did Juang, Jit, Yam & Pin get to eat the wasp-nest-looking-fried-crispies which Kade bought for them? They were so shy when Date came alongside & so quickly returned the snacks to Pin. Betcha Jumpa’s never done that – spend a wasp crispy on a servant. (Bad Jumpa!!) And Date’s eyebrows almost went into a straight line his fiancée knows the map of India. But isn’t he so romantic he bought her the first trinklet in their lives together…..

Oh oh, Luang Sri Yot is ready to fall in love with Kade. “Who’s kid are you, you very very beautiful girl. May I walk you home?”

How did Por Date get home so fast? He’s sitting there with the rest of the jury as Kade walks in. But him & Kade, whether they each want to admit it or not, they’re like a pair now. As her punishment is being meted out his face went into all sorts of concern & worry for her as if it’s him on the stand. Helplessly tells her to stay quiet so she won’t be hurt. And his heart was like on the floor when she knelt in front of his dad & he touched her hair.

I like the way her eyes were crying up to his to tell him of her pain, and although he stays silent he’s tortured by her tears and in a way glad her ordeal is over. He couldn't save her but he did the best he could. Because there’s no holding people for comfort in that place, no way to tell her not to cry.

He made those medicines for her with love, he also provided the brew for her fever; he did all that, she didn’t need mom or gran anymore. In this strange new world she finally has someone.
I was wondering the same, but then if you think about it Kade and her crew did go off to Chinatown, roam for a bit, faught those jerks and then rowed home. Haha. So it's possible Date reached home before them.

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
If they did, everyone around, Janward most of all, would have appreciated Kade for what she did. Maybe I would like it much better? Because she proved to company how selfless she really is - and meant it. The moments for others to be kinder & more accepting of Mae Karakade would be resolved faster. Date too would have seen another side of her. Which he did not because this is how he chose to take it in this movie version. The only evil character that we can see is probably Jumpa. You can't blame Prik because afterwards she too got hurt by Jumpa.
Hmm...even in the book, Khun Ying Jumpa is so lovely. After she let Kade got hit, she cried alone in her room coz she felt bad. As a head of household, she must hit Kade to teach her not to risk her life by fighting with those men.

As for Prik, actually this is a made up character by script writer. In the book, she has no name. They just call her Khun Mae Barn (house keeper). There is a critique from viewers why Prik has so much power to rebell against Jumpa. Script writer said there must be a reason why Khun Ying Jumpa trust Prik so much and give so much power to her. But viewers shouldn't think too much why. It also happen in reality. Her own maid sometimes behave like Prik toward her. :risas3: they are fighting like sisters

One reason why we got a lot of scenes of the servant gang coz script writer said she enjoys writing about the servants. Hahha..

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
I think that's the charm of adaptations; remain loyal yet not replicate. l I like that instead. Hehe. You keep some content yet give a little of your own flavor to spice it up a bit.
Yes I also like the lakorn version a lot. Book version is equally good when u like reading but when translating to the screen, there should be some techniques to spice things up. BPS as a lakorn proved that.

The thing is that BPS novel is just too good and rich in content/ sub plots that the script writer could use everything from it. In many other novels, when script writer adapt for lakorn, sometimes she used only 30% of the book..the rest that are not revelant, she threw them away. Or some novels that are too too short, she will use all the plots to build her own story eg: Nang Tard.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
TruBPSFan Test #18

Extended/Deleted Scenes:
- None.

Comments:
- OMG Kade can be so annoying. Almost ratted Date out for drinking as a cover up. Haha.
- OMG Hot Guy!! Hahaha. His voice is soo squeaky though.
- Those girls who were talking about Karakade were prostitutes! Haha. They had the flower on their ear.
- Man, even though she only got whiped once it has to be painful.
- Awe....he said Nong!!!
- Guys, later on Date is gonna be just like his dad lecturing Kade on being too brave! My heart.
- Those pitiful eyes that Date gave Kade!
Did you guys notice his subtle nod to Kade as in it's ok now. . .. ??
- Sneaky Pope. He saw her. Hahha .
- So satisfying when Date spoke up for Kade!!!!!
- Poor Janward. Don't shed tears for a man who doesn't like you!

Yayyy.... you're here!!

I was trying to figure out too if there's any additional scenes. I thought I spot longer seconds when Kade came home from the market and before she entered the house. But there's no dialogue there.

- Those girls who were talking about Karakade were prostitutes! Haha. They had the flower on their ear.

Hahha…. You noticed that?? Oh no now I have to wait till evening to see. Am at work now & can’t open the videos today.

- Man, even though she only got whiped once it has to be painful.

Lucky no scars because she had her clothes on. Pin & Yam aren’t so fortunate, that other time their long slashes were bloody. If LSP night she’s having world war II wounds scars from that whipping, Date would have cursed him mum for giving him a blemished bride.

- Awe....he said Nong!!!
…… that’s like little sister? Is that considered romantic?

Did you guys notice his subtle nod to Kade as in it's ok now. . .. ??
….. oh no I have to watch again tonight (happily).

- Poor Janward. Don't shed tears for a man who doesn't like you!

Well, can’t blame her, love's not something easily’s turned off. Although she’s seen for herself how he’s changed. His response now sort of sealed off all her prior hopes – will he think of the ones he left behind? Going to France? He said he will miss ALL, he didn’t even try let her down gently as in “I will miss people like you.” He’s kind of a cold, callous one this Por Date, don’t bother with etiquette sometimes hehe.