[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Rosi

Wifey #42
ANNOUNCING... part FIVE of the Date-Kaew fanfic!

See, I told you guys I'd get it out today! And I left you all a super juicy cliffhanger too... :risas3: Enjoy!

PART V​

The next morning, Date sat in his office and tried to read, but the words seemed to slide off the page the more he stared at it. He rubbed his eyes. He tried again. The words slid into a little black pool at the bottom of the page.

Date sighed, closing the book and setting it on the table. This was unacceptable; he had to make out--er-- up (;) @Rosi ) with Kade soon, or else he wouldn’t be able to sleep at all. He stood up.

Just as Date was leaving his office, however, Kaew walked into the room. Date stopped in his tracks, memories of the previous day flashing through his head. Taking a deep breath, he spoke: “What is it, Kaew?”

“Khun Pa jao ka,” Kaew said in her sweet, quiet manner, “You promised us that you would take us to the market today. Have you forgotten?”

Truth be told, Date had completely forgotten about his promise, what with Chantawat and Nathawat and Kade refusing to so much as look at him. But Kaew needn’t know that. “Of course I haven’t forgotten, Kaew. Go tell your mother and siblings to wait at the pier and that I’ll be out in a minute.”

“Khun Pa jao ka, I already spoke to Khun Mae, and she said she wasn’t feeling well today and wouldn’t be coming.”

“Oh?” Date raised an eyebrow. Classic Kade, cold-shouldering him until he apologized. “Then go tell your siblings. I’ll check on your mother.”

Kaew nodded, and left.

Date sighed again. His wife really was so childish sometimes. Leaving his office, Date resolutely headed towards his and Kade’s room.

Upon reaching the room, Date knocked. “Kade! It’s me!” No response. He’d expected as much.

Date knocked once again. “Kade! Open the door! We need to talk.” Still nothing. Looked like he’d have to pull out the heavy artillery.

“Pin! Yam!” Date called. Pin and Yam came scurrying into the hallway. They kneeled and said in unison, “Jao ka, Ork Ya?”

“Go to the pier and tell the children I won’t be taking them to the market today after all, since their mother is feeling so ill.” Date spoke louder than was strictly necessary.

Pin and Yam glanced at each other. “Sorry, what did you say, Ork Ya?”

“I’m not taking the children to the market today like I promised, I’m going to stay here and ensure Khun Ying Karakade is attended to,” he responded, even more loudly.

“Jao ka,” Pin and Yam bowed and shuffled away.

Sure enough, Date heard the scraping of wood on wood, and the rattle of the door opening. Karakade stood at the entrance to the room. Date smiled in spite of himself. Then he quickly regained his composure.

He stepped into the room, swinging the doors shut behind him.

:celebrate16:
Oh God, you're so bad Racfull!! I got up for this??! I'm going back to sleep again!

p.s. you better continue cliffhanger tonight

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
ANNOUNCING... part FIVE of the Date-Kaew fanfic!

See, I told you guys I'd get it out today! And I left you all a super juicy cliffhanger too... :risas3: Enjoy!

PART V​

The next morning, Date sat in his office and tried to read, but the words seemed to slide off the page the more he stared at it. He rubbed his eyes. He tried again. The words slid into a little black pool at the bottom of the page.

Date sighed, closing the book and setting it on the table. This was unacceptable; he had to make out--er-- up (;) @Rosi ) with Kade soon, or else he wouldn’t be able to sleep at all. He stood up.

Just as Date was leaving his office, however, Kaew walked into the room. Date stopped in his tracks, memories of the previous day flashing through his head. Taking a deep breath, he spoke: “What is it, Kaew?”

“Khun Pa jao ka,” Kaew said in her sweet, quiet manner, “You promised us that you would take us to the market today. Have you forgotten?”

Truth be told, Date had completely forgotten about his promise, what with Chantawat and Nathawat and Kade refusing to so much as look at him. But Kaew needn’t know that. “Of course I haven’t forgotten, Kaew. Go tell your mother and siblings to wait at the pier and that I’ll be out in a minute.”

“Khun Pa jao ka, I already spoke to Khun Mae, and she said she wasn’t feeling well today and wouldn’t be coming.”

“Oh?” Date raised an eyebrow. Classic Kade, cold-shouldering him until he apologized. “Then go tell your siblings. I’ll check on your mother.”

Kaew nodded, and left.

Date sighed again. His wife really was so childish sometimes. Leaving his office, Date resolutely headed towards his and Kade’s room.

Upon reaching the room, Date knocked. “Kade! It’s me!” No response. He’d expected as much.

Date knocked once again. “Kade! Open the door! We need to talk.” Still nothing. Looked like he’d have to pull out the heavy artillery.

“Pin! Yam!” Date called. Pin and Yam came scurrying into the hallway. They kneeled and said in unison, “Jao ka, Ork Ya?”

“Go to the pier and tell the children I won’t be taking them to the market today after all, since their mother is feeling so ill.” Date spoke louder than was strictly necessary.

Pin and Yam glanced at each other. “Sorry, what did you say, Ork Ya?”

“I’m not taking the children to the market today like I promised, I’m going to stay here and ensure Khun Ying Karakade is attended to,” he responded, even more loudly.

“Jao ka,” Pin and Yam bowed and shuffled away.

Sure enough, Date heard the scraping of wood on wood, and the rattle of the door opening. Karakade stood at the entrance to the room. Date smiled in spite of himself. Then he quickly regained his composure.

He stepped into the room, swinging the doors shut behind him.

:celebrate16:
Great update :)

Rosi

Wifey #42
I only forgave Ram because he TRIED to move on from Krathin. Pupae made it very convincing that Krathin didn't love him anymore, so he got with another girl to try to get over the last one. Stupid, stupid, but understandable.

I don't get the "wife" thing either. Here you can be as promiscuous as you want, but until you've got the license, you're not husband and wife.
However, from my understanding, there are different ways of saying "wife" in Thai-- there's "mia," which is a slang term that they sometimes use to describe a woman who's a "wife" but not an official wife. It's also slang for a real wife, but I think the former usage is more common, at least in dramas. Then there's "panraya" (sorry romanized that as best I could), which is the word for an official wife.
Than Chai gave me such a bad case of second lead syndrome :risas3: I almost wanted Krathin to end up with him
1) To your Spoiler 1 : Okay you say it's because he tried to move on. Am not trying to read too much into this (am still very upset & in an unforgiving state of mind) after seeing your spoiler & wanting to be on his side or excuse him, but in the scenes did you see him ecstatically happy throughout the time he started being with Larva-insect-Pupae? I sort of fast forward from the moment Kratin missed the train because it's too sad to see how they're separated by evil insect queen, and only saw Ram when he's finally stopped by the guy who carried the telegram. He seems to be sick & dull & dragging his feet when the guy met him. So has he ALREADY moved on? He got engaged & all. Yucks.

2) To your Spoiler 2 : Than Chai loves her in a grandiose, slow approach the way of Robert Redford in The Great Gatsby (I saw this movie with my aunt when she was crazily watching any of his movies the way we are digging up all Pope movies) and like that story it's somehow unfair he didn't get the girl in the end. Maybe his isn't the explosive burn the years of Ram suppressing his feelings but his love isn't anything less either, and would have offered her stability from the moment they met. My favourite moment of him & Kratin is when she & Ram are at the stables and he came to say he plays to win in the race, and that way for her to be adopted by his family. His eyes dipped twice in a gentle way showing he means a lot more that what they're sharing in this "surface" conversation - right in front of Ram!
Ram's expression is both anger & desperation, he knows he's a poor rider compared to Than Chai.

Thinking of slow. great love stories like the Great Gatsby, one of my gutwrenching favourites is "Meet Joe Black" with Brad Pitt & Claire Forlani. It's so tasteful & elegant & beautiful, it keeps me crying because that love is the most impossible.

Last edited:

Rosi

Wifey #42
I only forgave Ram because he TRIED to move on from Krathin. Pupae made it very convincing that Krathin didn't love him anymore, so he got with another girl to try to get over the last one. Stupid, stupid, but understandable.

I don't get the "wife" thing either. Here you can be as promiscuous as you want, but until you've got the license, you're not husband and wife.
However, from my understanding, there are different ways of saying "wife" in Thai-- there's "mia," which is a slang term that they sometimes use to describe a woman who's a "wife" but not an official wife. It's also slang for a real wife, but I think the former usage is more common, at least in dramas. Then there's "panraya" (sorry romanized that as best I could), which is the word for an official wife.
Than Chai gave me such a bad case of second lead syndrome :risas3: I almost wanted Krathin to end up with him
Maybe @Chario mintmario and @Amata who's versed in Thai can verify on the Mia and Panraya thing. Isn't there a specific word for wife which means "THIS IS MY WIFE, I LOVE HER, WE MARRIED IN AN OFFICIAL WEDDING CEREMONY WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS IN ATTENDANCE TO BLESS US, AND SHE'S MY WIFE HEAVEN AND EARTH, and don't you dare you any of my skeletons in my rotten old cupboards claim to still be involved with me & call yourself my wife because that's totally not true!".
Because in the western & Singapore context, once you say "wife" that's it. All else gets nipped in the bud.

Mycthao

sarNie Hatchling
I got the feeling somehow @Mycthao she's painting her nails & blowing on her toes & deciding to add or not add sequins & tiny butterflies to her manicure while we're begging her to continue the story. @phatman is right. She is a rai.
She’s a rai indeed. The suspense is suffocating but I’m still here for it. :BangHead:
I hope I wake up to a new chapter when morning comes. :aaaaa:

Ps.-Is there an actual place where people write Thai fanfics besides here? Asking for a friend...;)

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
Maybe @Chario mintmario and @Amata who's versed in Thai can verify on the Mia and Panraya thing. Isn't there a specific word for wife which means "THIS IS MY WIFE, I LOVE HER, WE MARRIED IN AN OFFICIAL WEDDING CEREMONY WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS IN ATTENDANCE TO BLESS US, AND SHE'S MY WIFE HEAVEN AND EARTH, and don't you dare you any of my skeletons in my rotten old cupboards claim to still be involved with me & call yourself my wife because that's totally not true!".
Because in the western & Singapore context, once you say "wife" that's it. All else gets nipped in the bud.
I think they mean the same thing but Phariya sounds more formal than Mia. Husband Wife= Phuo Mea (less formal)= Samee Phariya (formal). Both words indicate legal marriage.

Last edited: