[CH3] Kharm See Tan Don (PENPUT TV): Pope Thanawat / Chippy Sirin

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
So is this what we're are to expect with every Pope without Bella lakorns from here on out?
Welp he had a good run for a while; his other dramas--where he played the lead--have done well or were good in themselves (except SJ... that one was painful). He's bound to have some flops.

I think there's hope for the future. Just don't pair him with Chippy again and don't give him weak female leads.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I have to disagree that Chippy is weak. She's actually pretty good in here but we all have different opinions. This lakorn is hard to enjoy as a whole because of the storyline. It's a bit unfair to blame the lacking on Chippy. Pope alone is not carrying the lakorn. There's some flaws to his acting in here too. There are some drug scenes that his emotions didnt quite reached his eyes, same goes for Peach.

chi chi

sarNie Juvenile
I’m gonna say this, Pope can’t carry a lakorn by himself, he needs a good actress to lead..I’m sorry to say it to you alls, Bella bought out the best in him. Also the novel or script itself too, just like when I saw him the first time he played with Chompoo, he had a good script and Chompoo was great in that role as well. With Mew, they both created themselves to be a koo gin so that worked out. Now the one with Diana, he was horrible in that one too where he portrayed a spoiled brat which his acting turned out looking gay to me lol Plus I don’t understand why Thai lakorns don’t hire a younger looking actor to portray them when they are in their teens rather than having the nek/pek act it and the turnout becomes bad. Pope just needs to choose his scripts or roles more wisely if he wants to continue when his fever.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
HOW TO FIX THIS DRAMA by Rachfull, the world's foremost expert on dramas:
  1. Change female lead to an actress with a little less bark and a little more bite. Matt might've been an okay choice.
  2. Rewrite the script
  3. Give the female lead a backbone instead of making her the typical weak nang 'ek who "can't dump her mean and philandering boyfriend because she has to be faithful even if he isn't"
  4. Eliminate all side stories except for the drug storyline, Pope's background, Pope and Chippy's romance, and that one guy and girl's romance. Everybody else can go die in a hole.
  5. Send unnecessary side characters to said hole.
  6. Actually spend screentime developing the drug storyline instead of doing it as an afterthought
  7. Make sure the abusive dad somehow gets dumped at the end
  8. Make the mom more no-nonsense instead of this weak character who can't do what's best for her son because it's too painful for HER
  9. EXPLAIN WHY THE HECK THEY WERE IN CAPE TOWN
  10. Actually, I changed my mind. Dump female lead altogether and have Punjan play Chippy's role. #popejan
  11. Dump all the evil characters because we got like four right now and we really don't need ANY for this type of drama.
  12. KILL STUPID BF he really isn't needed at all. Superfluous drama
I'm so heated rn
Hahaha. Dayum gurl. You are really roasting it. Hahah. I'm about to watch it right now, FINALLY! Was suppose to watch the English subbed, but decided I understand enough. Haha. Anyway, gonna watch it and will come back for my Phat review.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I have to disagree that Chippy is weak. She's actually pretty good in here but we all have different opinions. This lakorn is hard to enjoy as a whole because of the storyline. It's a bit unfair to blame the lacking on Chippy. Pope alone is not carrying the lakorn. There's some flaws to his acting in here too. There are some drug scenes that his emotions didnt quite reached his eyes, same goes for Peach.
Yeah. Just from ep1 you can clearly see the flaw lies within the production staff. Unnecessary characters, unnecessary side dramas. Urgh. Even if the actress was Bella the results would still be the same. But, I'm happy Pope took on this role. He accepted the role because he wanted to challenge himself and wanted something different so I'll give it to him. If only the director focused on his story more. . . what a pity.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I’m gonna say this, Pope can’t carry a lakorn by himself, he needs a good actress to lead..I’m sorry to say it to you alls, Bella bought out the best in him. Also the novel or script itself too, just like when I saw him the first time he played with Chompoo, he had a good script and Chompoo was great in that role as well. With Mew, they both created themselves to be a koo gin so that worked out. Now the one with Diana, he was horrible in that one too where he portrayed a spoiled brat which his acting turned out looking gay to me lol Plus I don’t understand why Thai lakorns don’t hire a younger looking actor to portray them when they are in their teens rather than having the nek/pek act it and the turnout becomes bad. Pope just needs to choose his scripts or roles more wisely if he wants to continue when his fever.
Haha. Awkward Pope will be awkward. I think he has potential to do great, he's too soft at the moment. I agree on Bella bringing out the best in him though. All this time he's only acted with weaker actresses, except Ploy. But even then she outacted him because she's too good. Hahaha.

. . . but he is the samee so I have to love him flaws and alls, otherwise I might get punished by the other wifees. Haha. They might take him away from me!

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Yeah. Just from ep1 you can clearly see the flaw lies within the production staff. Unnecessary characters, unnecessary side dramas. Urgh. Even if the actress was Bella the results would still be the same. But, I'm happy Pope took on this role. He accepted the role because he wanted to challenge himself and wanted something different so I'll give it to him. If only the director focused on his story more. . . what a pity.
This lakorn is not just about his story though but an equal parts of his and Peach.

Also they were in Cape Cod because it was in the novel. The producer said they made it as close to the novel as possible.

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
Sorry I may not be a fan of Chippy but I was more trying to say that her character is weak, not she herself.

I'm so blinded by love for Pope that I can't see any flaws in him, but I agree with your assessment of Peach.

I stand by what I said before though: Pope could carry this drama but they don't give him enough screentime to do so.

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
Haha. Awkward Pope will be awkward. I think he has potential to do great, he's too soft at the moment. I agree on Bella bringing out the best in him though. All this time he's only acted with weaker actresses, except Ploy. But even then she outacted him because she's too good. Hahaha.

. . . but he is the samee so I have to love him flaws and alls, otherwise I might get punished by the other wifees. Haha. They might take him away from me!
Meh, I don't think Ploy out-acted him, I think Pisoot just wasn't up for much interpretation overall. When I first watched STT I thought that Pisoot was a bit of a shallower character, at least shallower than Gung.

I agree though, they should really let Pope play with some more experienced actresses. They always pair him with the young newbies, he needs a strong actress to learn from too.

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
I actually liked LRT :risas3: Yeah Pope was annoying in the younger character role but that was more of a casting issue, not him. He was 33/34 at the time, he was just too old to be acting that young. But later after his character grew up it got a lot better. I liked how Pope was able to balance the grown-up gentleman with the lingering childishness without being annoying like before. And he and Diana had pretty good chemistry overall, though I got frustrated with her character near the end.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Meh, I don't think Ploy out-acted him, I think Pisoot just wasn't up for much interpretation overall. When I first watched STT I thought that Pisoot was a bit of a shallower character, at least shallower than Gung.

I agree though, they should really let Pope play with some more experienced actresses. They always pair him with the young newbies, he needs a strong actress to learn from too.
Girl. Ploy wanted to eat him. Haha.

Stop making me see the flaws in my samee :risas3::risas3::risas3: I like my fantasy world where he's perfect and everyone else is to blame :pancarta:
Haha. His flaws are perfect.