[Ch3] Kluen Cheevit (Lakorn Thai) Mark Prin/Yaya Urassaya

Noire89

Simply smile
I really don't mean to call you out or anything... I just want to have an open discussion about this. But how does RAPE scenes not bother you. To me it doesn't matter if they have feelings for each other, in all cases having sex needs to be consensual. Just to clarify, I'm not against sex scenes because I'm conservative. I watched both 50 Shades movies and had a nice laugh at them :risas3:.

But think about it this way...did you know that it was only in 1993 that marital rape was declared an illegal act in all the US states? One would imagine that majority of people who get married loved each other at on point or another, but that does not make it acceptable to deprive anyone of their right to choose whether or not they want to engage in sexual relations. If you were stuck in an sexually abusive marriage and marital rape was not considered a crime, could you imagine the horror? Rape is rape, its a criminal act for a reason, it's never okay.
Apologies in advance if I offend anyone, it is not my intention, but sometimes written words can be misinterpreted.

I am like you, these things make my blood boils, the injustice still happening today. But my hope, as naive as it could be, is that things get better, laws become stricter. In the cases of these dramas, lakorns, novelas( my step-grandma loves those) I asked once if the r scenes didn't bother her and she said yes, but that it was fiction, real life was a different and uglier( it was a 20 min long discussion so I won't bore you with them detailed). I guess the rationale being that real life is criminal and TV is fake.

As for this lakorn KC, it seems the r/w scene is going to be more an angry s-x between the two of them. Both hurt and angry at the fact that they feel betrayed by the other, each hoping to show the other the truth with their actions, but then their words and actionsbefore and afterwards cloudstheir judegement.
( again my hope for this)

sarN

sarNie Granny
is that another spoiler LOL! "angry s-x" , I'm feeding my wild imagination , don't mind me ladies , just keep on discussing :risas3:

whitedove

sarNie Adult
Yep. Should have made the bastard squirm and grovel more:worship2:.

But it is somewhat the nature of Thai lakorns. I find they are quite patriarchal and chauvinistic. If I had it my way, there would be no more sexual assault scenes that Thai lakorns are so infamous for. I feel like its decriminalizing that sort of behaviour and its sending the message that its okay because the leading man always gets forgiven instead of getting his stupid ass thrown into prison.

Anyways, I'm clearly going on a bit of a rant.

But truth be told I'm a little disappointed at how they handled the sex scene in this remake, I was hoping both parties would be completely consensual doing it. While it's not like he physically forces her to do it, she did it under duress to repent for her "crime". You get my drift? I would've much preferred for them to have sex simply because they had feelings for each other.

But then again, this comes back to the nature of Thai dramas, because "nang'eks can't sleep with someone willingly because then she'll be a slut":facepalm:. Like in KC everyone thinks Jee is the biggest hoe-bag for having an "affair (in Piaks imagination)" with Chayan and totally slut-shame her for it but Chayan barely gets judged for it. Don't get me wrong people get angry at him for it, but they don't seem to correlate it to his moral character like they do Jee. Jee is deemed the evil homewrecker but Chayan is just the guy who "understandably" falls for the guiles an immoral woman. I know some lakorns have consensual sex but its rare or they were drunk while doing(again to eliminate the slut factor).

Do the scriptwriters even realise how badly they are limiting their audience by having sexual assault scenes in it? I tried to get my friend who watches other Asian dramas into lakorns. She started with Game Rai Game Rak and immediately stopped watching lakorns because of the sexual assault scene. Anyone else notice that that the dramas with the most relevant and modern storylines do the best internationally i.e. Ugly ducking and Full house thailand?. KC is doing well so far, mainly because the storyline has been good thus far and the leading actors are hot but I predict people are gonna be pissed after seeing the way the sex scene was executed.

Sorry rant is over now.
Like, agree, everything! Oh yeah I've had friends like this too, who got completely turned off by lakorns because of non-con/rape scenes. And all I can recommend to them is, watch something like Full House Thai or Ugly Duckling instead. Even Hormones and the BL series deal with stuff like this much much better and they do not romanticize it. There's a big fat reason why typical Thai lakorns aren't that welcomed internationally, besides the obvious lack of subs. I'm watching KC with the hope that the r-scene will change. I have a feeling that while KC is currently favoured internationally as well, many many watchers (who don't frequent sites like this) are gonna be extremely turned off when this scene comes.

Mulberry

sarNie Hatchling
Okay I'm gonna attempt to translate the ending scenes in the podcast I linked above... mainly because I'm procrastinating on doing thesis research :fighting3:. Please keep in mind I'm not Thai, so this maybe a little shaky but I'll try my best. Also note, I'm not going to translate it WORD FOR WORD, because sometimes the meaning gets lost when doing that. I'm taking more of a semantic approach to translation. This scene most likely occurs after the scene
of feeding Jee porridge/talking to baby scene
that TubbyTinker uploaded.

THIS IS THE ENDING SCENE so people who don't wanna know, STEER CLEAR. Can't say I didn't warn you:celebrate16:.

Here goes:

At the house of the married couple, Satit gets a call from Piak, asking how everything is going with Jee to which he replies, "We're probably going to come home soon."

Suddenly, the pregnant lady whom Jee and Satit are staying with goes into labor and her husband isn't home. Satit and Jeerawut rush to get her to the hospital in a panic and the lady ends up having a safe delivery, with both the baby and her being healthy and fine.

Both Jee and Satit breathe a massive sigh of relief.

A stressed out Jee says to Satit, "The difference between life and death can be so small, if we didn't help in time, something that should have been a joyous occasion could have ended up being a tragedy. If I had to do it alone, what would I do?".

Satit tells her, "When the time comes, I'll be right there with you and I won't let you out of my sight. Don't worry, you don't have to fear that it'll happen like it did today. I'll be next to you for every moment of it, I promise." Satit then pulls Jee in for a hug and comforts her, making her feel warm inside and as well as making her afraid that she'll never be able to live alone again.

---------------------------- Next scene-------------------------------

Jee goes for a walk in *some place that I don't know the translation of but somewhere back at the married couples house near the beach * and sees broken clay figurines, making her feel even more worried about the lack of certainty in her life.

Satit follows after her and says, "These figurines have to be moulded, sculpted and they need time. We have to fire them up in kiln to harden them. It's just like our love, which had to go through the heat and the cold (i.e "the good and the bad") before we got to where we are today. However, that does not mean it's going to last forever, we need to cherish our love. The more difficult it was to obtain, the more patience we need to have, and the more effort and attention we need to dedicate to it while it still exists. We shouldn't worry about the future, as long as we live well today, that's good enough."

Jee replies, "In this life, I've never gotten anything without having to lose something else, everything in my life had to be traded for, including you. You are the last good thing in my life. It's so good that I fear it's too good to be true. I wouldn't dare get married, because I'm scared you'll be taken back. Both Mum and Granny Jahn, no matter who I love, I can never be with them. Do you understand? I'm afraid. I'm afraid that you'll be taken away from me."

To which Satit tells her, "I've also lost the people I love, including my parents as well as Tiw. Even as I was talking to Tiw, in a span of a second, she was taken from me."

After hearing that, Jee began feeling guilty.

Satit explains to her, "I'm not bringing this back up to blame you. I want to tell you that we don't have enough time in this life to spend it full of hate, anger and running away from what's inside our hearts. At this moment, I may be standing right in front of you but in five minutes, it's possible you may never see me again."

"That's the reason why I'm scared." Jee says.

"If you're scared, then right now as I'm standing front of you, why aren't you reaching your hand out to me and holding on tight? Why aren't you hugging me right now, before we run out of days to hug each other?" Satit continues, " I used to be so caught up in my vengeance and resentment that I almost lost you and our baby. Today, I have no more vengeance and I have no more resentment. The one and only thing I have left is my love for you. The reason I want to take care of you and spend the rest of my life with you, is not because of a sense of responsibility, I'm doing it because I love you with my entire heart."

Jee then replies, "It's because I love you, so much so that I'm afraid. Even thinking about a day that I might lose you, I feel as if I wouldn't be able to continue living anymore."

"But right now. Today. In this moment. I'm here with you. We stop being afraid of the future, Jee, because it's not bringing us any happiness in the present. All we should be focusing on is that you love me and I love you, and that's all that matters."

Satit then drops one knee down onto the sand as the sun sets over the ocean horizon, and takes out an engagement ring from his pocket and holds it up to Jee and he says, "The law can dictate everything, except the matters of the heart. I can't use the law to force you to marry me. I hope that my love and the entirety of my life is enough for you to let go of your fears. I hope you will take a chance on spending the rest of your life with a man who is hot tempered and bad mouthed but loves only you. Can you do that Jee?"

Jee then looks at Satit with eyes full of joy and affection and throws her arms around him, accepting his proposal. Satit then hugs her back filled with happiness and love.

The two of then walk along the beach holding hands, occasionally kissing each others hands.

"So, when did you start loving me?" Satit asks cheekily. Jee remains silent, to which Satis says, "You're not answering, so you must have loved me a long time then huh?"

"That's not true!" Jee replies, "Don't go making things up."

"So tell me then, when did you start to secretly fall in love with me?" Satit urges.

"Irregardless of when I started loving you, it's still love isn't it?" says Jee.

"Thank you, Jee. Thank you for loving me. I promise to build a family full of warmth and love with you. We will take care of and raise our baby together." Satit continues, "Remember this Jee, I dedicate the rest of my life to loving you, and you only." Satit then hugs Jee tight as if he never wants to let go.

6 months later.

(Scene from the pic I linked above)

Both Jee and Piak are heavily pregnant and close to their due dates, but still let their husbands take them to celebrate in a baby shower, where they have fun playing games along with Jed and Daraka who have also come along.

Hope you enjoyed! :thumbup:
Thank you so much❤

Erlee

sarNie Egg
Sorry this may also upset a lot of people but I really just want this thread for fans to enjoy KC and not start online war about the upcoming scenes.

For those who are anti rape scenes please allow those who are enjoying the show to enjoy it and have a place to discuss KC. I advise you to please make a thread for anti rape scenes in lakorn.

I'm not pro rape/abuse/violence but this a lakorn...there are American films and series where the leading actors or actresses are murders, drug dealers, hannibalism, con artists etc.... Does it stop viewers from enjoying the show? No! Does it makes viewers to become like the characters? No! Unless they are mentally unfit or something isn't right with them but most of us won't take any of these shows seriously. Of course it's unrealistic (that's why it a show). We, as humans should know the difference between the real and television. Trust me! The real world is much scary.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Like, agree, everything! Oh yeah I've had friends like this too, who got completely turned off by lakorns because of non-con/rape scenes. And all I can recommend to them is, watch something like Full House Thai or Ugly Duckling instead. Even Hormones and the BL series deal with stuff like this much much better and they do not romanticize it. There's a big fat reason why typical Thai lakorns aren't that welcomed internationally, besides the obvious lack of subs. I'm watching KC with the hope that the r-scene will change. I have a feeling that while KC is currently favoured internationally as well, many many watchers (who don't frequent sites like this) are gonna be extremely turned off when this scene comes.
I watch lots of different cultural drama & believe me , there are rscene in them as well, I"M A HUGE FANS of Japanese manga ... their rscene are more ..hardcore LOL but yet their work are sold /read by million around the world . I believe its up to the person views on the storyline , understanding of the culture and the separation between fantasy/drama & real life . And there are guilty pleasure fans ..like me LOL and there are those 'silent fan' who have a love/hate relationship with such topic BUT regardless of the flaw, it should be solely for entertainment purpose, I can not speak for other but I can handle sadist theme in lakorn , its not like they are graphic & violent , good lord , the most we see are the camera aiming at the ceiling or the light dimming :risas3: or even worst ...fake kiss :icon12: .

xingtze

sarNie Hatchling
Sorry this may also upset a lot of people but I really just want this thread for fans to enjoy KC and not start online war about the upcoming scenes.

For those who are anti rape scenes please allow those who are enjoying the show to enjoy it and have a place to discuss KC. I advise you to please make a thread for anti rape scenes in lakorn.

I'm not pro rape/abuse/violence but this a lakorn...there are American films and series where the leading actors or actresses are murders, drug dealers, hannibalism, con artists etc.... Does it stop viewers from enjoying the show? No! Does it makes viewers to become like the characters? No! Unless they are mentally unfit or something isn't right with them but most of us won't take any of these shows seriously. Of course it's unrealistic (that's why it a show). We, as humans should know the difference between the real and television. Trust me! The real world is much scary.
Agree 200%!!! I'm not afraid to admit these theme attracts me and its also the main reason I enjoy watching thai lakorn that much. I mean I love reading novel with possessive Hero and sometimes they can be mafia, villain, etc but will I actually want these people in real life?? OF COURSE NOT!!

@Erlee is right where we being educated humans should know the difference between real life and television.

luther

"Such fun!"

Hello there. There's no war, we're all just having a mature discussion and sharing our opinions like the boss-ass humans that we all are. Everyone's been super polite. And I respect and value all opinions being shared on here. A forum is where you discuss things and share your perspective right? Then job well done people! And everyone's been super cordial about it, we deserve a big hi 5 .:clap:

Noire89

Simply smile
is that another spoiler LOL! "angry s-x" , I'm feeding my wild imagination , don't mind me ladies , just keep on discussing :risas3:
Not a spoiler no(at least I don't think it islol!), just my take on the upcoming scene based on what I have already seen:), let you imagination run wild:risas3:

Erlee

sarNie Egg
Hello there. There's no war, we're all just having a mature discussion and sharing our opinions like the boss-ass humans that we all are. Everyone's been super polite. And I respect and value all opinions being shared on here. A forum is where you discuss things and share your perspective right? Then job well done people! And everyone's been super cordial about it, we deserve a big hi 5 .:clap:
I was speaking metaphorically about online war

luther

"Such fun!"
I was speaking metaphorically about online war
Yes I realise that. And I'm saying that one doesn't exist because everyone's just sharing their opinion in a polite and respectful manner. No one has whipped out the verbal artillery despite having opposing opinions. It's not an online war, it's called a mature discussion. Like you an I are having right now.;)

Last edited:

luther

"Such fun!"
Also, I just wanted to comment about how freaking awesome channel 3 is for uploading their own dramas to their YouTube channel essentially at the same time it airs. Those guys are the best. I live in a country where A LOT of videos are made unavailable and it drives me up the wall. So shout out to channel 3 for being smart enough to know to cash in on the YouTube views! :cheer:Now if they only subbed it...

Erlee

sarNie Egg
Yes I realise that. And I'm saying that one doesn't exist because everyone's just sharing their opinion in a polite and respectful manner. No one has whipped out the verbal artillery despite having opposing opinions. It's not an online war, it's called a mature discussion. Like you an I are having right now.;)
I understand, like I said it was just a figure of speech nothing serious. I'm not attacking anyone and I'm not saying that people are being disrespectful or mean etc... like you said 'everyone is entitled to their opinion ' and I shared mine. Thank you

luther

"Such fun!"
Okay. If anyone wants me to try and translate anything else, lemme know. If my urge to procrastinate is strong enough I'll do it!:thumbup:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Not a spoiler no(at least I don't think it islol!), just my take on the upcoming scene based on what I have already seen:), let you imagination run wild:risas3:

I love how ur mind/imagination/conclusion/analyzing/assumption ...of the upcoming scene is an "angry s_x" , I thought I was the only one that's naughty by nature , lets be friend haha

weehee23

sarNie Hatchling
I'm sorry buddy. If you look through this forum, most of what is gonna happen has already been revealed, and TubbyTinker uploaded spoilers from the best scenes.

I'm not Thai either, but I've been watching lakorns for a good six years and you eventually just pick it up. Everytime people find out I can speak and understand Thai, they're always surprised and ask me "really? how?!" and I'm like ..."from watching too many dramas :)".
I'm glad it's not just me! My parents are both from Thailand they're not Thai though. I grew up watching Thai lakorns (even Boran lakorns) and over the years, you kinda just learn as you go. Now I can speak fluently and understand fluently :) just can't read/write it.
On a side note, it's almost Monday guys!!! Aahhhh

luther

"Such fun!"
I'm glad it's not just me! My parents are both from Thailand they're not Thai though. I grew up watching Thai lakorns (even Boran lakorns) and over the years, you kinda just learn as you go. Now I can speak fluently and understand fluently :) just can't read/write it.
On a side note, it's almost Monday guys!!! Aahhhh
Hi 5 to being multi-lingual! My parents aren't Thai and we never lived in Thailand though, nor did I grow up watching Thai television either. My only contact with Thai culture is occasionally through food ;) and lakorns, which I started watching in my teen years. That's why people find it so random. They're like "where could you of possibly learnt Thai from?", until I explain to them the degree of my lakorn addiction :aaaaa:. Its funny, because I learnt Mandarin in school for 12 years but its no where near as good as my understanding of Thai. People are like 'WTF' about it. Just goes to show that if you genuinely are interested in something, you'll advance at it much more quickly:cheer:.

Last edited:

Mulberry

sarNie Hatchling
Okay. If anyone wants me to try and translate anything else, lemme know. If my urge to procrastinate is strong enough I'll do it!:thumbup:
Thanks for your kindness :)
I just want to know,what will happen to Jane? Will Sathit use her to make Gee jealous?