sarNie Adult
phatman said:
I found this song too! HEHE. The REAL old version. 
ชีวิตฉันขาดเธอไม่ได้ by ลินจง
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxgUnL9Ewwg 

Oh oh oh Phatman! I forgot to ask. What's the title of this song? Is this really an old Thai song or was it also translated from Chinese? I just remembered that I heard this also in another Lakorn. If i'm not mistaken, this was played in the ending of Khun Chai Ratchanon with Taew and Bomb (the setting of SJ is also in 1958 so I guess this song was popular in that period.) 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
040156 said:

Oh oh oh Phatman! I forgot to ask. What's the title of this song? Is this really an old Thai song or was it also translated from Chinese? I just remembered that I heard this also in another Lakorn. If i'm not mistaken, this was played in the ending of Khun Chai Ratchanon with Taew and Bomb (the setting of SJ is also in 1958 so I guess this song was popular in that period.) 
It's called "Cheewit Chun Kha Tur Mai Dai." Not sure who the original is though.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
The woman who sings it is ลินจง บุนนากรินทร์ - Lin Jong Bounakarin. I think she's the original singer, at least for the Thai version.

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
040156 said:

The only one I remember that Yok sang is Ye Lai Xiang, which is one of my favorite Chinese Songs (hehe. I love the Teresa Teng version.) I was going to ask before if the Thai version really exists or if they just made one for this Lakorn. The song may be found here

it's one of Teresa Teng's standard songs, although she wasn't the original singer. The title translates to "fragrance of the night" though my Chinese professor back in college said it pertains to a flower which we call here in our country "Dama de Noche" (which in Spanish means Lady of the Night) The translation and background of the song may be found here

It really suits Yok's story. 

Oh..thanks for sharing. Although I can speak Cantonese dialect and a little Mandarin, I do now know how to read the writings. I think that could be one of the songs that Yok sang in the lakorn. I can't be sure. I might have mistaken coz the music sounds like one of those olden Chinese songs that my parents used to listen to. I guessed the songs were similar to Chinese songs coz the lakorn is about the Chinese in Thailand during that era. So, it could be the similarity in the music. 

Yes, Teresa Teng's had many great songs. It's so rare now to find anyone who enjoys her songs. You are one of those rare ones!! 

All those songs were sang by Yayaying, is it? I think she has a beautiful voice. I have not seen her in any lakorn before!

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
omg look at the mad bull Ken (Tham) Hia Krating facial and the way he walks out of all the guys Ken his the serious one 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
phoenix81 said:
Oh..thanks for sharing. Although I can speak Cantonese dialect and a little Mandarin, I do now know how to read the writings. I think that could be one of the songs that Yok sang in the lakorn. I can't be sure. I might have mistaken coz the music sounds like one of those olden Chinese songs that my parents used to listen to. I guessed the songs were similar to Chinese songs coz the lakorn is about the Chinese in Thailand during that era. So, it could be the similarity in the music. 

Yes, Teresa Teng's had many great songs. It's so rare now to find anyone who enjoys her songs. You are one of those rare ones!! 

All those songs were sang by Yayaying, is it? I think she has a beautiful voice. I have not seen her in any lakorn before!
I'm also a Teresa listener!! Hehe.

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
phatman said:
hahaha, that makes you another one of the rare ones!! Many of her songs were hits back then and there are still so many ppl listening and singing her songs in the karaoke sessions!! 

sarNie Adult
phatman said:

phoenix81 said:
hahaha, that makes you another one of the rare ones!! Many of her songs were hits back then and there are still so many ppl listening and singing her songs in the karaoke sessions!! 

She sang Ye Lai Xiang in Episode 3, when Tee and AhJu ate at the restaurant before Tee gave the requested song. the octave is a bit lower and the tempo is a bit slower than teresa teng's version so it might be hard to recognize. (Incidentally, it's also the song played in the background in episode 2 when Tee and AhJu were eating and AhJu was eating a lot.  :wink:)

The background music when Yok and Aun also sounds familiar though I can't quite place it yet. (the requested song)  Have to review my Teresa Teng.  :whistle:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
phoenix81 said:
Hehe. Yup. I love her voice. There will be no one like her

Tik_lover

sarNie Hatchling
I just found out that Poh Nattawut is a big fan club of Tik, I was on Instagram and noticed that he praised tik a lot. All the way from YLC to LM during Singh. This is very honorable cause as an actor, not many actor praise other actor, it's more of an actress praising another actor or an actor praising another actress.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Tik_lover said:
I just found out that Poh Nattawut is a big fan club of Tik, I was on Instagram and noticed that he praised tik a lot. All the way from YLC to LM during Singh. This is very honorable cause as an actor, not many actor praise other actor, it's more of an actress praising another actor or an actor praising another actress.

Awe. Cute. HEHE. I like 'em both so it's good to know that Poh praises Tik a lot. 

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Just a day or so away for Krating! I am open to watching this. Don't want to get my hopes up though. What I'm reeeeeally looking forward to is Raed.