[CH3] Nang Ay (Maker Y Group) : Great Warintorn/ Nicha Nattanicha

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Gaaaah, looks like I will spazz over Nang and khun Thip on my own in here. Can't help spamming, I need to release all the spazzing before my heart burts 555 The closing OST is replaying in my mind.

Episode 12 was waaaay cute. I love the steady progression of Thanathip realizing his feelings and then using his thoughtfulness to not come on too strong, while at the same time, subtly reserving Nang for himself. All that, "Can you not rush to like boys? Can you stay your kid-like self?" His type of possessiveness is a nice break from the raeng, sadistic, possessiveness we usually see. Khun Thanathip and nai Singh from Tarm Ruk Keun Jai are the type of older hotties I like, kekeke.
And that moment that built up in the kitchen when she asked, "Why? Who do I have to do that for?" and he goes, "For me." *dies from the giddiness* Khun Thanathip, I love how kind and dependable he is. Because of his mature work face, when he realizes he's falling in love with Nang and he smiles at himself with disbelief, it's even more adorable. And Nang is oblivious to her own developing feelings too.

Looks like the gals will be moving on to university in the next episode. Thanathip will have an even harder time resisting Nang's charm as she progresses into a mature woman.

Moving on, I'm really happy to see the gals all being friends. I love what Si said, that your girlfriends are your true soulmates who will stand by you through all times. Love the girl power.

jjinxx

Still riding high on this lakorn!
Episode 13, what can I say. Khun Barry is THE man, he is the best wing man lololol. Way to hook your boy Thanathip up, Barry!
Great has always been one of the most handsome actors for me, but I haven't been in love with any of his characters before Thanathip. He is putting that brilliant smile to use in the best ways in this lakorn! I'm loving the chemistry between him and Nicha. Oh khun Thip, I love how shy he is about using Line, tossing his phone like a hot potato after his first message to Nang is sent. It's okay lover-boy! Your efforts will be worth it! You are steadily bringing the shyness out of Nang. Nang ai laew!!!
I have to admit, I love the way khun Thip ends his sentences with, "ka," when he speaks with the gals. It's adorable, and I love that Nang's and Thip's language progresses with their relationship. Shoot me now, I could die happy after that scene when they're talking on the phone while he's abroad. Their smiles are so rewarding, I'm so friggin happy to see them growing closer in a romantic way. Let me recap:

Nang is listening to a love song, as suggested by her mom, to confirm who she is in love with. Her phone rings. She smiles.
Thip asks, "What are you doing?"
"Listening to music."
"What song?"
Nang hesitates shyly. "Just any song. Did you just wake up?"
Thip is smiling like her voice is a love song. "I've been awake for a while. Actually, I haven't been able to sleep. I'm missing [someone]."
Nang wonders, "Who do you miss?"
Thip grins. "I'll tell you when I get back. Right now I have two things to tell you."
"What is it?"
"Do you want good news or bad news?"
Nang considers this. "How bad is the bad news?"
"Not too bad. I have to go into the forests for a couple of days. There won't be signal, so we can't talk for 3-4 days."
Nang frowns.
"Are you making a sad face, khun dee?" [As in, like, "dear," or "honey" !!!]
She tries not to sound sad. "So what's the good news?"
"The good news is that once I'm out of the forest, I'll fly back right away. So we'll get to see each other soon." Nang stutters. He asks, "Nang? Why are you quiet?"
"You're referring to yourself as, 'phom.'"
[Great's grin is the light of my life!!] Thip smiles with bliss, as if she's discovered a treasure inside him. She waits, breathless.
He says, "Well...if I talk the way I used to, I'm afraid it won't be appropriate for someone who is..." He fishes around for the word. "...someone I'm close with."

This entire scene, they're both so giddy, so delighted with hearing each other, so breathless with unspoken words, so obviously with butterflies in their stomachs. These two are my dear children and I want to shelter them from Nang's dad! Thanathip made so much progress in one episode, and it was all messed up because of Nang's dad and Si. :(

I'm still not sure how I feel about Si and Chai Pong's arc. I feel like she's expressed several times before episode 13 that she's uncomfortable with him, and with the idea of maybe dating him. If this was real life, I would hope he respects her and chills a bit more, instead of hanging around her so much. On the other hand, I know they're going to end up together, so I appreciate his loyalty.

meenia

sarNie Adult
omg. im not even done with 14. im already blushing n had to stop...wow..it was worth the wait...AAhhhhh.. Great.. oh Great...I'll give him a A++. Every time he speaks to Nang, my hands turns into a fist and i'm shaking because he is so cheesy with his line. I love it. Just seeing those two on screen i'm already shy to know what he is going to say next.

Oww. Man, just finish the 14. Preview for the next episode seems to be a heart breaker. How can it get worse then what is already happening. Why Great???? You were doing so great...don't take a step back now...

To be honest, i really don't understand the father. Why so stubborn? He said he loves Nang, but he's the one that is hurting her the most. Why? What is his reason to be so stubborn? Will Nang not be happy in her marriage if she marries Khun Thip, cause he's a man that travel all the time? But she's not happy marrying the guy the father wants either? What kind of father tells his daugther that she will be disrespectful if she goes against his wish? So he wants Nang to love him and do as he wish, but he doesn't care if she's happy or not as long as she marry the guy he choose. What makes him think his choice is better than Nang? Gosh so many questions for the father. He better give me a satisfactory answer at the end of the lakorn.

At least with the three brothers, the mother can put her feet down and go with her sons. Hope Nang's mother will put her feet down and tell the father, "if you love her, let her live the life she choose. Our little girl is all grown up now."

Last edited:

jjinxx

Eeeeks!
Khun Barry is such a fangirl! His reaction was like mine lolol except I spazzed way more when Thip KISSED Nang! *screams* Even I was super excited to hear the word 'love' come out of his mouth! And I adore how shy Nang is to say it back. The culmination of their feelings for one another brought us to the title of the lakorn in such a sweet way!

And I had seen this vid on instagram before but didn't know until now what Great and Nicha were watching until now!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNjfU2DAuy9/
They were reacting to watching their KISS!!! These two are freaking adorable. They seem really comfortable around each other offscreen too, which I'm sure helps with the chemistry. AND it's a bonus that their ages match their characters. Good job on the entire cast, Maker Group!

Thanathip is pulling out all the moves now to make sure he doesn't lose Nang. I like it. There's no way he's seriously letting her go like the way it seems in the preview. Mr. Ambassador has something up his sleeve so that Nang will wear a wedding ring from him, will be his wifey and go many places with him!

meenia

sarNie Adult
Omg. It ended..It's too soon.. I haven't even got enough of Khun Thip and Nang.. I want to see the after marriage.. lol... It was good, i'm happy with this lakorn. No necessary nang'rai to tried to get our couple to misunderstand each other, or unnecessary misunderstanding between our couple because they refuse to communicate until one has to be in critically condition to say i love you and can't live without you. LOL.

I can't remember Joy's version, but i love this remake. Very good choice with the cast especially the two main. Great was a great choice as lead. At first i wasn't too kin on Nicha as lead, but i can't see anyone else as Nang than Nicha. I think she nailed Nang's role. I now see her in a different light. I'm even looking forward to her lakorn series with Tono.. Not a fan of Tono or more like i don't care for him, but i'll tune in for Nicha..

I guess it's going to have to be another rerun for my favorite couple. I love seeing both of them on screen together. I wish to see the wedding ceremony. I love Thai traditional wedding. It's so pretty. Hehe, I'm still smiling from the ending. Great is too cute with his trick. He's a man who knows what he wants and will get it. LOL..

jjinxx

Oh my gosh, that breakup scene. I felt so horrible for Nang, my baby girl! She thinks the world of Thip; you can feel her heart breaking through the screen. And Thip's words were harsh but I know he was forcing himself because he loves her.

I think the dad's reasoning is quite selfish. It's funny that they're always saying, "You'll understand once you have a daughter," but they never think to themselves, "You'll understand if you put yourself in your daughter's shoes." I agree with Nang, love is a good thing. No matter how worried he is about Nang, he can't shelter her forever. And even khun Thip can't protect her from everything, but he loves her so much! That is quite a blessing. Likewise, I was feeling lukewarm about Chai Pon's love for Si, but I was really touched by their reunion. I like their quiet love for one another.

I was loling at Nang and khun Thip for getting punished when the Sisters found out she used to sneak over to his place. Good one. These two have come full circle.
Aside from Nang and khun Thip, the other light of my life is Kampon! LOL. We all need a little Kampon living on in our hearts, full of optimism, sometimes oblivious to the disappointments we face, and just seeing life as a simple matter.

And I really like that this lakorn addresses that life, simple though it can be, doesn't actually get easier with age. Once the gals started going to college and Nang and khun Thip started facing hurdles to their love, I did miss the good old days when the gals were in Penang, with their braids, their rivalries, and the little lessons they learned each day. But that's one of the really good things about this lakorn, Nang's journey into love and womanhood; the slow and steady way she and khun Thip fell in love with each other. Gosh! I wish we had more lakorn like this! I'm all for growing up together, not drama and guns and n'rai screaming.

Nang's silver wedding dress is beautiful. And so are those final kisses! :angel10: Thank you Maker Y, for giving us cute and comfy skinship and really sweet kiss scenes instead of too many cheesy eye contact moments. Nicha and Great nailed their roles. If I was Nang, I too would be blushing hearing words like "love" and "kiss" from the mouths of khun prim and proper Thanathip. kekeke.

jjinxx

I love how obsessed Nang is with food. One of the top things I relate to her lol. And the fact that she doesn't sell herself short, especially when it comes to asking for help or for food. If she knows someone might have resources or a way to help her friends, she asks them for help, not because she wants to take advantage of that person, but because she cares for other people. Sure, there is a purpose to rules and regulations, but sometimes you can't sleep and you just want some ramen, or your friend really needs to practice the piano. So she goes to the person she trusts and whom she knows is truly kind. Nang doesn't ask for much, really, and I like that she doesn't restrain just so others might stay in their comfortable bubble.
I miss handsome khun Thip.

Ara Sands

sarNie Egg
To everyone that said this lakorn wasn't so good I say: stick with it (at least through Ep 8)! It slowly develops and becomes so much interesting.

Last edited:

hohliu

sarNie Egg
This lakorn is good. If others are expecting a usual dramatic drama, this is not so. But the story and chemistry of this pair is really refreshing to watch.
I am looking to a Chinese sub 720p version to download. If anyone have one please share the link.
I wonder if this lakorn will have a English sub team taking on.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I love Great but man his character makes me cringe in this lakorn. He and Nychaa don't even have that bad of an age gap but something about their pairing made me uncomfortable. I was fine with the scenes in Malaysia but when they begin their relationship in Thailand it felt creepy, especially their first kiss where this grown ass man has to trick his recently legal girl to kiss him. I'm sure if it was another pairing I would have been awwww but Great makes it look creepy lol. This lakorn is okay, its a good lakorn to put in the background as you're doing your thing. The whole teen drama thing can get a little tedious and Si's jealousy took long to resolve and Nang is so pathetic trying to patch things up with her right after Si was just being a little biatch to her. Nang is a good friend and needed to step back and let Si come to her for once rather than Nang always being the one to do everything for her. Si's woe is me thing got annoying real fast, Chaipong doesn't deserve her at all. I hope Charissa isn't going to be promoted to n'ek one day, while she's a decent actress, she doesn't have the looks.

Rosi

Wifey #42
Me too!!!!! I don't want Si to get Chaipong - she doesn't deserved him at all!!
And I agree Nang & Tip's phone call is the most romantic of all romantic phone calls!! It made me cry!

NANG AY is lovely! It’s a beautiful, powerful love story which you have to wait for as you too get into Grate’s fears as he waits for the years to pass – and for Nang to be in his life as his wife. Of all his movies, I believe this is Grate at his most vulnerable….. falling in love with someone he shouldn’t, the things he couldn’t say, the possibility of some other man claiming her attention first – while he couldn’t do a thing about it!! One of the most moving scenes is the phone conversation between them in Episode 13; loaded with emotions, deep wonder and so much more without a single reference to the word “love”. And yet the feeling is so strong there – it made me smile, it made me cry. There’s also a sensuous moment at the movies, the intimacy of sharing a candy…. wowww.

Nang is pretty & sweet! Later, she becomes more elegant and beautiful, a gracious hostess, poised and ladylike. While in school she can screw up her face, pout, jeer, cheer, grin, glare, rub her nose, be naughty & be loving, and yet stays adorable and funny. She breezed through school like an enchanting ray of light, ever fun and mischievious, cheerful and daring; she is helpful and cares for her friends. As a young teenager she’s like the character of boarding school life in the beloved books by Enid Blyton, but her naivete & honest personality makes her a cut above her friends. Her adventures with them - that's what made her special to Khun Thanatip (Grate).
This story is also filled with sadness; there is the back story of one of the nuns, Sister Theresa. I cried so much over her life, why she ended up at the convent. She is the kindest to Nang, and also whom Nang loves the most.
You tend to learn things about love here ….. “How do I know if I’m in love?” Nang asks her mum innocently. “One of the things, is the flutterrings in your heart,” the mum replied. “How do I know who I’m in love with?” she asked again. “Well, listen to a love song. When you do and someone comes to mind, that’s your answer – he’s the one you love.”
When she’s out with Khun Tip, he chose her a dress the colour which complements his suit. “When we are out, we should wear a colour which matches each other, so people would know we are together.” Darn it….. Khun Tip & Nang….. their romance is just too beautiful it makes me cry. I didn’t want the story to end. Sniff sniff

Episode 13, what can I say. Khun Barry is THE man, he is the best wing man lololol. Way to hook your boy Thanathip up, Barry!
Great has always been one of the most handsome actors for me, but I haven't been in love with any of his characters before Thanathip. He is putting that brilliant smile to use in the best ways in this lakorn! I'm loving the chemistry between him and Nicha. Oh khun Thip, I love how shy he is about using Line, tossing his phone like a hot potato after his first message to Nang is sent. It's okay lover-boy! Your efforts will be worth it! You are steadily bringing the shyness out of Nang. Nang ai laew!!!
I have to admit, I love the way khun Thip ends his sentences with, "ka," when he speaks with the gals. It's adorable, and I love that Nang's and Thip's language progresses with their relationship. Shoot me now, I could die happy after that scene when they're talking on the phone while he's abroad. Their smiles are so rewarding, I'm so friggin happy to see them growing closer in a romantic way. Let me recap:

Nang is listening to a love song, as suggested by her mom, to confirm who she is in love with. Her phone rings. She smiles.
"Listening to music."
"What song?"
Thip is smiling like her voice is a love song. "I've been awake for a while. Actually, I haven't been able to sleep. I'm missing [someone]."
Thip grins. "I'll tell you when I get back. Right now I have two things to tell you."
"What is it?"
"Not too bad. I have to go into the forests for a couple of days. There won't be signal, so we can't talk for 3-4 days."
Nang frowns.
"The good news is that once I'm out of the forest, I'll fly back right away. So we'll get to see each other soon." Nang stutters. He asks, "Nang? Why are you quiet?"
[Great's grin is the light of my life!!] Thip smiles with bliss, as if she's discovered a treasure inside him. She waits, breathless.
He says, "Well...if I talk the way I used to, I'm afraid it won't be appropriate for someone who is..." He fishes around for the word. "...someone I'm close with."

This entire scene, they're both so giddy, so delighted with hearing each other, so breathless with unspoken words, so obviously with butterflies in their stomachs. These two are my dear children and I want to shelter them from Nang's dad! Thanathip made so much progress in one episode, and it was all messed up because of Nang's dad and Si. :(

I'm still not sure how I feel about Si and Chai Pong's arc. I feel like she's expressed several times before episode 13 that she's uncomfortable with him, and with the idea of maybe dating him. If this was real life, I would hope he respects her and chills a bit more, instead of hanging around her so much. On the other hand, I know they're going to end up together, so I appreciate his loyalty.

Rosi

Wifey #42
YOU WROTE :
Moving on, I'm really happy to see the gals all being friends. I love what Si said, that your girlfriends are your true soulmates who will stand by you through all times. Love the girl power.

Si said that. Maybe this is so with their other friends but Si is not a soulmate to anyone - especially to Nang. Because, in a heartbeat, she's ready to betray & pushed her to a decision which she knows is so wrong!! She's the silent evil and slow poison no one sees coming, even after being told off by Chaipong she still went to Khun Thip & asked to follow him working abroad. This is her 2nd time asking to be with him, in the first visit with her mother he also very diplomatically refused her request - GOOD!! She's known from school Nang is special to Khun Thip but still.....!!!! This girl has no shame. She's always been saved - by Nang, Khun Tip, Chaipong, her friends; her problems solved. Nang's been her most devoted champion, yet she is ready to let Nang suffer heartbreak the rest of her life! I thought Sai would be the biggest problem between Nang and Khun Thip but surprisingly no; and astute enough to know her brother's feelings from the time she saw the books Nang was reading. Si is selfish!!

Gaaaah, looks like I will spazz over Nang and khun Thip on my own in here. Can't help spamming, I need to release all the spazzing before my heart burts 555 The closing OST is replaying in my mind.

Episode 12 was waaaay cute. I love the steady progression of Thanathip realizing his feelings and then using his thoughtfulness to not come on too strong, while at the same time, subtly reserving Nang for himself. All that, "Can you not rush to like boys? Can you stay your kid-like self?" His type of possessiveness is a nice break from the raeng, sadistic, possessiveness we usually see. Khun Thanathip and nai Singh from Tarm Ruk Keun Jai are the type of older hotties I like, kekeke.
And that moment that built up in the kitchen when she asked, "Why? Who do I have to do that for?" and he goes, "For me." *dies from the giddiness* Khun Thanathip, I love how kind and dependable he is. Because of his mature work face, when he realizes he's falling in love with Nang and he smiles at himself with disbelief, it's even more adorable. And Nang is oblivious to her own developing feelings too.

Looks like the gals will be moving on to university in the next episode. Thanathip will have an even harder time resisting Nang's charm as she progresses into a mature woman.

Rosi

Wifey #42
I love this scene!! Thanks for recapping it let me hoard it away to read over and over!! This has got to be the most romantic of a phone conversation; the gripping feel of love and happiness all at once, soaring free. Great's voice did justice to his cautious, elated lines; so is her shyness, and the way he says, "Nannngg...." it is the plead of a lover.

As for Si, she doesn't deserve Chaipong, although he's often around he's not intruding or persistent. But at every scene she disappoints him each time especially during the school years when Khun Thip happens to be in view.

I was trying to figure out truly when Khun Thip began to be emotionally affected by Nang; now I think it's when he met Chaipong's dad before the Choir competition - the older man said something about cheering for his future daughter-in-law. Thip started to look worried there!! Days before this she was in his kitchen, charmingly fixing another cup noodle as if she owns that place, at the end of that conversation his face looked at her in joy & wonder. But what could set the deal was again on competition day - when Nang was scared about losing & after his peptalk she ran back to him, grab his arm to say thank you!! You could tell he's stunned by her touch!! And affected in a profound way!!

Nang means a lot, lots more to him; even far away & the school years he's been watching over her. The day she left Penang for home, Khun Barry kept her tabs and reported - her flight has landed!

I'm so sad when this movie ended. I want so much for them to go on living in their world.

"Listening to music."
"What song?"
"What is it?"
Nang frowns.

Rosi

Wifey #42
Meenia, you wrote this in 2016..... I saw this movie days ago in 2018!!!! This has got to be one of the most romantic stories ever!! You've seen already right that your prayers have been answered in the most beautiful way? Khun Thip will give Nang kisses, and in the most touching, moving scenes when she's at that age that he's long waited for. And yes, she did gave him a bite - they were at the movies and therein lies a sensuous moment between them when she shared her candy.

I didn't want to episodes to end. Sniff.

I'm actually loving this lakorn. It's sweet. The pace is perfect for me. I love it how Nang keeps going to Thanathip's house. Love her with "Barry". hehe. It's kind of sweet that both are not in love with each other yet or one haven't realize they are in love with the other yet. It's kind of like they haven't realize how important the other person will be in their life. I can't wait until Great start shooting hearts through his eyes when he watches Nang. She notice everyone who likes the other person but i wonder if she will notice her own love. hehe. I kind of find it sweet that she calls Great, "uncle". lol. Shows that she's still a kid at heart with much to learn from her "uncle". Can't wait till she's in love with her "uncle". hehe.

That other guy, the older brother that bake. I can't stop thinking he looks like Note. The cuter version but Note when he first debut into acting. LOL. So will the second girl get the baker guy? Doesn't she turn evil? Sorry, but i'm actually hopping she will turn bad. Like evil to get what ever she wants. We always get a lot of nang'rai that is rich. I want to see more of poor nang'rai that is jealous of rich nang'ek. LOL. But then i do feel bad for the baker guy if his girl turns evil. lol.

I actually want to see accidental hugs or kiss from our main couple. Even when she was crying when the friend was leaving, i thought Thanathip will pull her in for a hug, but nope just gave her a tissue. What a gentleman. LOL. So it's high time we are due for some touching from our main couple. Doesn't have to be much, just touching her braids or holding her hand, or catching her when she jumps the wall. LOL. I always love it when the guy grab and pulls the girl in for a hug or kiss. Shoot they better give us a dessert kiss or something. Or even better if Thanathip eats what's she's holding. LOL. The dessert/candy she eats looks so good. How can Thanathip just watch her eat. Can't wait till Nang graduate. The real life lesson starts then. Hehe. Lesson of LOVE.

Rosi

Wifey #42
I hope you watched till the end! Because the story turned out beautiful!! However, if you skipped the parts when she's in school you'll miss the build up to the romance. This movie is really worth the wait.

I just finished the first episode and it is kind of boring me. I went to a Catholic girls school run by nuns, so watching this makes me criticise the script. It's modern day, so why are the nuns so strict? It would be more acceptable if it was set as a period drama. I can understand the school's policy of no make up and mobile phones, but no Internet or talking during lunch?? It's set in 2016 is it not?

Anyway, I do want to enjoy this drama. Plus, I don't have anything else to watch. I hope it becomes more interesting. I'm not into teenage storylines but i'm waiting for when Nang graduates. I'll just carry on for now.

jjinxx

It was a modern version but reminded me of the old school love stories like Pride and Prejudice haha.