[Ch3] Sanaeha Sunya Kaen (PolyPlus)

sarN

sarNie Granny
I just scan thur the summary and stop at the r'scene cuz that's all i want to know , i didn't want to be spoil LMAO! I completely miss that part " Nakin secretly has relations with Parntawan until she become pregnant " . I do agreed Janie come off too weak and her acting isn't 100% somehow . The last lakorn i saw her in was Nampueng Kom and in there she was kind of weak too but the acting was good no complain . Dome is handsome but that's about it lol. His cruel expression transit to sweet are so awkward , honestly it make me laugh . I like him better when  he just smile and talk  . Sigh!!! But I must confess this lakorn is my guilty pleasure :pervie: I want to see the rscene/willing/baby/beach and sunset .

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
What is with the storyline.. omg. Still gonna watch tho, lol. JUST happy Janie slapped him. xP Idk why but I keep rewatching the slapping scene over and over. HAHAHAHA, cause like. He deserves it 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I didn't read the summary, but I feel like the storyline isn't so bad. A majority of n'eks and p'eks in Thai lakorn history have been stupid. Lol. So I feel that this is nothing new. I actually feel like this has a very classic revengeful feeling to it. It's been awhile since we've seen a slap/kiss lakorn like this since Sawan Bieng days. I'm not talking about Anne and Ken's version in general, but I'm talking about all the older versions also. I like lakorns where p'ek pretends to hate n'ek but ends up falling for her at the same time. The more slap/kiss, the better.  :r-scene-pop-corn:
I think the downside to this lakorn is due to the bad acting from Dome and Janie. Dome over-exaggerates while Janie appears too weak and clueless all the time. Like another member said, I've seen other actresses play weak characters, but Janie is not doing so well with hers. N'eks tend to always be submissive to p'eks back in the days. That's why I feel like this has a classic feeling to it. It's only been recently that they've started making smarter n'eks to catch up with the 21st century with women being independent and strong. Lol. Over all, I'm still enjoying this lakorn. As long as there are a lot of scenes between p'ek and n'ek, I'm not complaining. I also like the second lead so it's a win win for me.

On the other hand, if other actors like Ken T. and Anne T. were to play in here instead, I don't think we'd be complaining. Lol. We'd probably be spamming like crazy over how good it is. That's how big of a difference good acting vs. poor acting can make in enhancing the plot of a lakorn.   

saki

sarNie Adult
This is just my opinion but I don't think it's really the acting...if the script was bad it wouldn't matter how talented the pranang were when the story is messed up. I think that's the reason why people didn't like Ya Leum Chan (although personally, i liked it!) but they liked Sawan Biang, etc- this script there's really no love in it to balance the crazy people. It's just hate from Kin while all the rest scream and shout. 

If they follow this script, it would look like the only romance is between the secondary pranang. I like Lydia and Kan but I usually prefer that they focus on the main leads. Is this really based on a book? I don't understand why they have to change so much if the story already worked o_O

Although a good thing is that I kind of want to learn Thai now lol. 

saki

sarNie Adult
fun said:
They need to put a little reality to it. Janie has been starring in doing over the top unnecessary crazy drama stuff. I couldn't sit through Raeng Ngao, there was just too much over the top crazy. This is somehow following in that footstep... that is if the lakorn goes according to that summary. 

As for Deun... um... sorry but no one wears mini skirt to work like that!!! I have worked in office before and we weren't allow to wear tank tops and short skirt.

Yeah, what's up with all the short skirts lol. I don't mind if it's casual attire but they're in an office and supposed to look professional- don't they have rules or something? :D These skirts look like shorts.

subject76

sarNie Egg
I must admit this genre (slap/kiss) just makes me sick. I know it's just a drama, but the idea that this issue receives such a broad platform in the local culture, rather surprises me, especially the fact that they do not allow kissing or intimate contact, but rape has become a legitimate and acceptable. Actually, most amazes me that in every dramas I've seen from this genre, the rape victim is always falling in love with the rapist. I could barely finish Sawan Biang which majority simply adore and the only lakorn that won me over was Rahut Rissaya, probably because the main female character was strong, conscious and an intelligent.

About Janie. I agree that seems like she's off her character. She's an excellent actress who often has chemistry with her ​​partners, but here it is so jarring how they are not connected to each other. Despite all my complaints, I will continue to watch, because it turns out that masochism is a common feature for Janie's fans and her character here.

Reactions: fun

sarN

sarNie Granny
Slap/kiss bring rating lol and SB sky rocketed in 08' . Ppl love these kind of stuff even the one who dislike it will tune in just to see the outcome , it crazy but it must be a guilty pleasure gener over there. JRL had fan going crazy too in 08' ( dang that year AF member was so hype up lol) it was call the fever in thai entertainment new . That year there was an article about how some lady doesn't approve of since sadist in TV and should bann it ect...but none the less it only make ppl tune to it . Those two lakorn was base on a novel and for the matter of fact they even make changes that was not in the book, JLR doesn't have an r scene and I was shock that they added it in . Overall, it only been 3 episode...there more to come , it might get better and surprise us all.

mayag

sarNie Adult
I don't know. I like it so far. I don't find anything wrong with Janie's acting. If we are able to tell that her character is stupid and weak, she's probably doing her part well. Besides, Janie herself can only do so much because it's mainly the plot line and dialogues and the director that decide how the characters will be.
Dome's acting is...alright. It does become a little hard to watch when he supposed to be angry but I guess I'll get used to it. :D I think he should learn to control his eyebrows a little more. XD
And omg! I'm loving Kan and Lydia!! I loooovee Lydia's character! It's a relief to see her strong personality after face-palming multiple times over Janie's character. But yea..as people above mentioned...her skirts are WAY too short. And even though she's harassed by Kan everyday, she continues to wear them short skirts. Girl's got some confidence! I must say though, she looks like a cute little doll in those outfits.  :spin:
I'm also excited to see the relationship between Big and Gamboom develop! I've always seen Gamboom in negative roles so it's refreshing to see her in a new light!  :clap:

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
saki said:
This is just my opinion but I don't think it's really the acting...if the script was bad it wouldn't matter how talented the pranang were when the story is messed up. I think that's the reason why people didn't like Ya Leum Chan (although personally, i liked it!) but they liked Sawan Biang, etc- this script there's really no love in it to balance the crazy people. It's just hate from Kin while all the rest scream and shout. 

If they follow this script, it would look like the only romance is between the secondary pranang. I like Lydia and Kan but I usually prefer that they focus on the main leads. Is this really based on a book? I don't understand why they have to change so much if the story already worked o_O

Although a good thing is that I kind of want to learn Thai now lol. 
EDIT: Just reread your comment and had to rewrite my reply. Lol. I agree with poorly written scripts. No matter how popular the main leads are, nothing can save a bad script. However, I think the plot for this isn't so bad. It's a slap/kiss full of slap/kiss. Lol. It's just that Dome and Janie portray their characters to make it seem super crazy. I've seen many lakorns crazier than this, but the actors' acting were phenomenal so it was more entertaining than disturbing. Thai lakorns have a lot of plots similar to this but it takes the right actors to make it good to watch. I never favored Dome or Janie's acting as a weakling. That's why I skipped her in Raeng Ngao. However, as said before, Dome isn't as bad as he was before so I can bear him now. Haha. Janie on the other hand, is still the same with her weak roles. It's not convincing enough for me, but she does cry beautifully so she's talented in that department.   

subject76 said:
I must admit this genre (slap/kiss) just makes me sick. I know it's just a drama, but the idea that this issue receives such a broad platform in the local culture, rather surprises me, especially the fact that they do not allow kissing or intimate contact, but rape has become a legitimate and acceptable. Actually, most amazes me that in every dramas I've seen from this genre, the rape victim is always falling in love with the rapist. I could barely finish Sawan Biang which majority simply adore and the only lakorn that won me over was Rahut Rissaya, probably because the main female character was strong, conscious and an intelligent.

About Janie. I agree that seems like she's off her character. She's an excellent actress who often has chemistry with her ​​partners, but here it is so jarring how they are not connected to each other. Despite all my complaints, I will continue to watch, because it turns out that masochism is a common feature for Janie's fans and her character here.
I'm sensing that you guys aren't Thai or Southeast Asian. It's a cultural thing. Lol. Thai's don't support rape or sadism. Lakorns are not meant to depict reality. It over-exaggerates life. That's why when people compare them to reality, I scratch my head because it doesn't work that way with the obnoxious n'rais (villains) and stupid pranangs (main leads). Although, I would really love it if they started making them more realistic so that they wouldn't tick us off as much. Actually, they have been making them more realistic. If you want to watch realistic lakorns, tune in to Kuan Gaan Tong Gub Gang Por Pla Lai (Spinsters vs. Casanovas) or Dao Kaew Duen (The Star Circles the Moon).

Slap/kiss is one of the genres that is far from reality. That's why you see all these crazy things happening including rape, which tends to be a turn off for those who didn't grow up watching Thai lakorns. For the Thai audience, it's entertainment and like SarN said, a guilty pleasure. Thailand is a very conservative country. They frown upon public display of affection. That's why lakorns back in the days had scenes where the main leads locking eyes or accidentally touching each others' hands would make the audience blush. They never did real kisses before, but the angled kisses and "R" scenes pulled in ratings because those are the only moments where n'ek and p'ek physically come in contact, "breaking the rules" which is an exciting moment for the audience. It's kind of an oxymoron. Women are supposed to save themselves for marriage, so if there's a willing, it'd make her look like she sleeps around vs. an "R" where she was unwilling. Weird right? I know. In contrast, today's lakorns have become more westernized. Thai's are now open to seeing real kisses and willing scenes since sex before marriage isn't so much of a taboo anymore, but "R" scenes are still popular because doing something that society frowns upon is still exciting, only in lakorn world though! Lol.  

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
There is such a thing called "consent to non-consensual" sex. Society doesn't want to think that this is acceptable but between two people who are in that kind of "relationship" has that understanding between themselves. Rape is only looked at in a one dimensional perspective. It's a rather touchy subject and no one likes to delve in too deep with the fine details.

Sweet_09

❤All that you are is all that I'll ever need❤
Seriously I'm in love with Nak and Duen pair! Nak will do everything to be with Duen...umm more likely wanting to get under her pant lol! I love it when Duen show Nak her dancing moves. So sexy so...Nak drooling hehehehe! That Dan guy is not as cute as Nak but I seriously love when Duen walk on over and pick dan instead of Nak...he was like "what the" lol! Hilarious :loool:

Kin is STILL creepy! He is too into his REVENGE game. He will be a man that I would
Kick him in the "goodies" and paper spray him right in his eyes or even better tas his a**! He just CREEPY and CREEPY!!! Lol!

Akk is different from all the other brother, he more gentleman like and a sweetheart. Nat is such a sweet girl, love the mom who is always so kind. Man, if I have to chose I rather with be the pervert Nak than being with the creepy Kin!

Can't wait for the upcoming episode!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I'm guilty for liking these kind of genres too. 555 I don't take these kind of lakorns too seriously because it's just for entertainment. If it was real, then yes I'll make it a big deal but this isn't. I think people just need to learn how to separate entertainment from reality, no offense to anyone. I totally understand. Rape is a serious issue. A majority of the time lakorns aren't even sending out a message to their audience but instead just trying to entertain their audience. 
I am going to continue watching this lakorn just because I like slap & kiss lakorns. 555 I can bare Janie and Dome's acting at the moment. 

sarN

sarNie Granny
It's a guilty pleasure  :loool: in drama-land shouldn't take it serious . Somewhat like 50 shade of Gray . ( never read the book but just came across it while google  "consent to non-consensual sex") ^^^^

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
sarN said:
It's a guilty pleasure  :loool: in drama-land shouldn't take it serious . Somewhat like 50 shade of Gray . ( never read the book but just came across it while google  "consent to non-consensual sex") ^^^^

Oh gosh, don't get me started on 50 Shades... It's such a black sheep in the BDSM world. But the context, or the message it's trying to give falls under, "consent to non-consensual" sex. I wil not read that series, but I've read enough reactions to it from the book world to know that it's seriously horrible. Stay away! Lol Unless you're just curious.

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
It's just the beginning guys. Still tune. Janie needs her fans to support her. She needs to break through this year's bad gin. Even though she is weak and unattractive the whole lakorn, I am sure she will be stronger in the end as she returns to her normal stage of living out of all gossips/ speculations about her marriage.

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Btw, I don't like "R" scenes. I don't know why Thai lakorns reason R scenes/ attempts with falling in love... can't really understand! :scratchhead2:

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
andreanaing said:
Btw, I don't like "R" scenes. I don't know why Thai lakorns reason R scenes/ attempts with falling in love... can't really understand! :scratchhead2:
Because usually, n'ek is a virgin. In the Asian culture, only husband and wives do the deed. If n'ek loses it to p'ek, he becomes her husband. That's why a girl who sleeps around is known to have many husbands and vice versa. Also, each time p'ek rapes n'ek, he uses the phrase "I'm your husband" or "You're mine" against her. It's an unofficial way to declare the bonding between two people.

Iya

sarNie Adult
@blooker, thank you so much for translating. 

The drama seems just to be another typical one. lol. p'ek wants revenge, he tricked and bind her into a contract, stupid and gullible n'ek fell in love with him through his schemes but doesn't understand why he hates her, they fought and bicker, then a misunderstanding comes, he "RAWR" her, she got pregnant and doesn't forgive him..blah blah blah...

lol. I don't even want to finish elaborating on that. we all know what happens after that.