[CH7] Norah (Dida) Bow/Michael

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
member101 said:
Now and Mik should be a good match for this. But Now is not accepting anything right now because she's finishing up her last year of school at Witthayalai Nattasin. She said she's busy going to the countryside to teach kids to dance for 3/4 days per week as part of her internship. She's graduating this year, mid-year though, so if they can they should wait for her.
So maybe that's why they didn't cast Now. She's not accepting anything at the moment. That's too bad. They should wait for her.

I want Mik and Now for this. They'd look real good together. Or Porshe and Now would be good too.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
It's not about being able to pull it off. It's about doing it well. Norah is known to be a very difficult traditional dance. It takes years of experience to master. If a lakorn is going to portray such a masterpiece, they should have some respect and choose someone who is able to showcase the Thai culture to the best of their expertise. I remember seeing Noon dance in the lakorn and feeling immensely proud of the Thai culture. Noon danced so well and beautifully that I was touched. Her dancing also contributed to the powerful ending of when n'ek paid tribute to her father by dancing Norah in his place.  

YingSheng

sarNie Juvenile
Mahalo said:
It's not about being able to pull it off. It is about doing it well. Norah is known to be a very difficult traditional dance. It takes years of experience to master. If a lakorn is going to portray such a masterpiece, they should have some respect and choose someone who is able to showcase the Thai culture to the best of their expertise. I remember seeing Noon dance in the lakorn and feeling immensely proud of the Thai culture. Noon danced so well and beautifully that I was touched. Her dancing also contributed to the powerful ending of when n'ek paid tribute to her father by dancing Norah in his place.  
I totally agree to everything you've mention!!! It's not that I don't like Bow, I love her, but I feel that they need someone with experience in the dance… Im always proud of the dance and the flexibility of their hands… 

fun

Expired Sarnie
It is either you know how to dance or not. Am not sure if you can act it out because it does take talent to learn any kind of dance. I have two left feet so I will never be able to learn any form of dancing lol 

its_ann

sarNie Juvenile
Bow as nang'ek? It's going to be a tough one. I just don't see the "natural thai beauty" like Noon had. Nao would of been a great candidate instead, but we'll see what happens. I really liked the old version. Noon and Kade was the reason why I started watching more lakorns.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yup , it not easy . I try to learn how to ramvong when I was living in a loca village in thailand , budha it like a monkey trying to dance like its master !

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
The girl is pretty flexible...she did take dance class during her singing career....so who knows she can probably pull off the dancing. 

I'm not too worried about the dancing part?  it's more of her whole person and pairing with Mike.  I think if they want to take Mike and Bow to do a remake of Kade and Noon "Krai Gum Node" it would be a better choice.  When I think of traditional dancing i just picture someone small petite. She is almost the same height as Mike....Bow can be small and petite if her p'ek was taller than her.  Lols they have to change one of the pra'nang. 
But we will see how it goes....

ch3eks

sarNie Hatchling
LOL Sarn @ your monkey comment. Bow isn't necessarily a bad choice, it's better than casting a half caste actress with no experience with any type of dancing and at least her pairing with Mike is guaranteed to generate good chemistry. I just feel bad that so many fans are so hostile towards Bow. My poor girl is still so young and new and doesn't deserve this kind of backlash. 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I think many are excited about the reunion of Michael and Bow so they don't consider the casting a big deal. If you have seen the original, you would understand why some members are being so critical. The dancing isn't just a minor part of the role, it's a major one. If Bow has what it takes to get into character, I'll applaud her. I just wish they'd wait for Now. This is perfect for her. I've seen a glimpse of her dancing from Kularb Len Fai and she is such a beautiful dancer, very similar to Noon.  

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Compared to her dancing in KLF, I liked Now's dancing in her lakorn with New. She makes New's jaw drop and mine too. She's like those Chinese actresses with ballet or traditional dancing background, they stand out with elegance. It's not just dance Norah's gonna be. It'll partly be about a dancer struggle which I think Now will own it perfectly. What a waste!

ch3eks

sarNie Hatchling
It's very understandable as to why fans are being critical. If they want to remake a lakorn that hugely emphasizes on Norah, they should pick the actress with the most flexibility and experience in any classical Thai dance. My point is that instead of Thai neitzens making all these threads on Pantip bashing on Bow, they should be bashing Dida production and the elders for making this unreasonable decision lol. Bow is only responsible for doing the best she can with the opportunities she's been entrusted with. As for Now, I love and adore her to bits. It's sad that she can't be in here because she's the only fitting actress for this lakorn but that just makes me more anxious for her to be in Sao Lohid haha. Tubtim would have been fine too but when she dances Norah, she's not as graceful as Now or even Preaw when they do Ram Thai. 

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
Agree with you Ch3eks, I feel bad for Bow, it's not her fault and she gets all the blame.

I'll wait to see once the lakorn goes on airs first.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
The blame solely goes to the elders that gave it a green light for these two particularly Bow. She is a newbie does she have any right to object to such a thing? If she is fussy and doesn't want projects than she will be seen as a diva. I don't think at this stage in her career she has an input on any roles nor should she, since she is going to need the experience.

They have the right to pull the plug on her as a N'ek at any time and if they don't, then Bow will have to be the one that has to prove everyone wrong. If she can't do her job then viewers have the right to criticize her but for now the lakorn is not on air yet. The role is a hard one with all the dancing involved, she will be under tremendous pressure to get it right. Will she succeed that remained to be seen.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Praew is bff with Now and she is starring in a gangster lakorn with Weir where you can find hilarious fashion.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
Now aday pra ek n nang ek are chose by popularity not on how he/she will fit or doesn't fit the character

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I saw some part of the old version, but didn't finish it cus I didn't like Kade.I want Bow and Michael is a different lakorn though... more of a comedy one.

member101

sarNie Egg
For those who want to see what a norah dance is like. Here's Tubtim teaching norah to the hosts. The hardest move is arching the back backward, 3:40 into the video. It will be hard for someone with zero background experience to master.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNc4zi5NmT4

The arch from another angle by Tubtim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOUU0fJB7lk