China is not sending anymore rice to the U.S?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i dont know what's going on but there's been rumors going around saying that 'china is no longer sending rice to the U.S,"

does anybody know anything about this? lols.. and Fresno ran out of rice. hehe.. i live in sacramento and we havent ran out of rice.. not yet?

my family eats jasmine rice - three lady & shit!!! its freakin EXPENSIVE. 50 lbs for $45.. :eek: are u kiddin me.. FORGET CHINA'S RICE, IM EATING THAILAND'S RICE.' HAHHAAA...

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
uh.. that's why I eat the ones with the cute picture of the rice character.. Botan rice - you can also find it at Walmart... I don't know where it's from, but it's affordable..
and who cares if China doesn't send rice anymore. It's not like they don't have Chinese citizens in the US anyway. so Hmong aren't the only ones who won't be eating rice if the US don't carry rice from China anymore :D lol

neena

sarNie Adult
hmmm...i just heard that the price of rice is going to rise...never heard of china not send...hm...

dorkymc

sarNie Egg
it is not because china is not gona send any more rice to the us.... it is because right now, the us economy sucks so the rest of the world kind of feel it... plus fuel is very expensive so shippment went up as well as everything else.... so somehow, somebody gona have to pay... guess who?....

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
the rice price is rising! and i think its Thailand that stopped shipping out rice not china. Most of our imported rice comes from southeast asia. Jasmine rice is primarily produced in Thailand.

maygrl

sarNie Egg
i just heard about the shortage of rice too. i overheard my mom talking to my grandma about it. she was saying that last week when her and my dad were out buying rice, it was 25 dollars and then my aunt calls and tells her that the long white rice has beome 45 dollars. it's crazy. stupid economy.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yeah i just heard my mom and sister talking about it like a couple of minutes ago. My mom was all worried when she heard the news from a friend that there is going to be nomore rice and that rice right now in the market is really expensive. She busted into my room and was like Lai we have nomore rice to eat and its getting expensive how are we going to buy rice to eat. lolz...but then yeah my sister came home and said that it was just the jasmine rice. We eat the Ho Mai rice and Jasmine rice...so its fine i guess then for us.

skies

sarNie Adult
we eat the three lady rice...haha...jasmine too i think...but yeah, it would suck it we no longer receive rice from the southeast...i can't live without rice...seriously, i can't!!! :p

PuRe

sarNie Hatchling
Lol, my mom was talking about this too! I don't think I can live without rice everyday. But yeah, the price rose and there was this one store that sold it for a bit cheaper and there was only a certain amount of bags left and my mom was calling everyone she knew to go buy rice before they ran out. And yeah, my mom's friend was like, I guess we'd better start eating bread as a substitute, lol.

klee410

sarNie Egg
I heard the in China it was flooded so thats why there is a shortage of Rice and the reason for price going up.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
hehehe.. so many stories.. im not sure what is true but still sucks. whatever the problem is..

rice is so expensive. i have a big family. not sure, how we going to afford it.. sucks. :(

mly

sarNie Hatchling
It's time to learn how to cog nplej and grow your own then. :lol: My hubby and I could live without rice, but we're still Hmong so we eat it every so often. My hubby likes the Jasmine rice, so hopefully it'll change and so we'll get more rice ship to America.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
have you heard of UNCLE BEN'S MINUTE RICE? it's so much easier...it only takes 1=one minute to cook :)

yeah it's easier to cook - but if you don't finish eating it, it will have a stinky poo stench coming out of the rice. and the texture isn't as good. also, when you mix it with liquid from sauces or kuas taub and stuff like that- it just doesn't taste right. white rice is still the best. too bad rice is gonna be expensive. maybe they're just taking advantage of the oil increase.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
have you heard of UNCLE BEN'S MINUTE RICE? it's so much easier...it only takes 1=one minute to cook :)
Peb yog Moob tes, peb xaav noj mov Moob. :lol:

One time, my FIL went and bought a small bag of Mekas rice at the store cause he didn't want to drive all the way to the Hmong store. He made the rice in the rice cooker and never touched the bag of rice. That weekend, he went to buy rice at the Hmong store. :lol:

Some Mekas stores are carrying Jasmine rice at the little Asian section. Haven't tried it though, maybe when my rice goes down.