China is not sending anymore rice to the U.S?

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
The prices of rice, flour, wheat, oil are all going to go up. Some states are starting to ration these foods. The UN is predicting a shortage of these items. I've stocked up on my food storage, na.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Well the government needs to stop bailing banks and companies out by borrowing from other countries! They should let things be and eventually things will get back in order again like the economy. America is depending too much on importing and borrowing.

The reason why wheat is being imported to America now is the people that are worried about global warming are using these lands to grow corn instead of wheat. Anyways everything is going up in prices and we just need to start preparing. Sorry for the rambling.

bee1210

sarNie Egg
i heard about this and yea its crazy..........my mom told me and my other 6 siblings to eat a little but no too much.............my sister also told me that thailand also is having problems with the US.....so i don't kno

mly

sarNie Hatchling
Today's News:

Wal-Mart-owned Sam's Club limits rice purchases
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080423/ap_on_...MqzyfPhOaIDW7oF

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - Sam's Club, the membership warehouse division of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., is limiting how much rice customers can buy because of what it calls "recent supply and demand trends."

The broader chain of Wal-Mart stores has no plans to limit food purchases, however.

Sam's Club says it will limit customers to four bags at a time of Jasmine, Basmati and long grain white rice. Rice prices have been hitting record highs recently on worries about tight supplies.

Sam's Club's restriction is effective immediately at all locations where quantity restrictions are allowed by law. It does not apply to other staples such as flour or oil.

I didn't know they sell Homai Rice. (if you look at the picture)

dorkymc

sarNie Egg
for people who stock up on rice... remember... rice also have an expiration...
there is nothing worst than stale rice with bugs on it to...

Dala123

sarNie Egg
i dont know what's going on but there's been rumors going around saying that 'china is no longer sending rice to the U.S,"

does anybody know anything about this? lols.. and Fresno ran out of rice. hehe.. i live in sacramento and we havent ran out of rice.. not yet?

my family eats jasmine rice - three lady & shit!!! its freakin EXPENSIVE. 50 lbs for $45.. :eek: are u kiddin me.. FORGET CHINA'S RICE, IM EATING THAILAND'S RICE.' HAHHAAA...

lol........HAHA I NOE RIGHT FORGET CHINA'S RICE EAT THAILANDS RICE
BUT SERIOUSLY WATZ DA DIFFERENCE??????

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
lol........HAHA I NOE RIGHT FORGET CHINA'S RICE EAT THAILANDS RICE
BUT SERIOUSLY WATZ DA DIFFERENCE??????
the difference? one i could think of--china rice is from china and thailand rice is from thailand. lol... in terms of taste, i have no idea. i have never tried china rice. also, th quality might be different based on where the rice is grown.