Cursed Amulet :: Rome/Rita

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 2 ]

"I'M NOT MARRYING HIM DAD!"

"I'm sorry, but I'm not interested to marry you too!"

"Now .. Rita .. your dad is doing this for your own good."

"MUM!! What do you mean for my own good? He's forcing me to marry an UNKNOWN stranger!"

"Now that's insulting Miss RITA! I'm sorry if I'm not at the same standard as your other superstar boyfriends!"

"It's good that you know .. huh!"

"Why .. y .. you!! Urgh!!"

It was their first meeting and they had nothing but quarrels. Having two cursed amulets in a room - obviously - asking trouble to come knocking at the door. To have them marry each other was worse -- the destruction of earth? Both Rome and Rita's eyes were fiery red. Like ruby stone, only, it's more crystal-like. If it's possible to rip-off each other's head, they would have done that long time ago. If killing was legal, they would be dead by now. Therefore, it is a well-known fact that they hated each other - A LOT.

"KEEP QUIET NOW BOTH OF YOU!"

"Calm down .. calm down, dear. Take care of your health."

".."

"Rita, Rome .. please listen to me first."

"Sorry Sir. I got carried away .."

"It's ok Rome. I know it's hard for you .. but, I hope you'll agree with me on this."

".. May I ask why Sir?"

"Haih .. I'm not young anymore .. with the current economy and the status of my health. Truthfully, I don't think I can handle it anymore."

"Dad .. what do you mean?"

"Rita .. my heart .. well, I'm not sure I can survive if I suffer another heart attack .."

".."

"Sir, I'm sorry for interrupting .. but, what's the relationship between your health and the arranged marriage?"

"Yeah .. I want to know the answer too Dad .."

"Rita, sooner or later .. my company would be given to you and your future husband. As much as I love you, I know you too well. You're a good girl but you party too hard. Your love life .. erm, you never had any long-term relationship before! I'm worried .."

"But .. dad--"

"Rome, you're my most trusted employee. You worked hard to be who you are now. You never accepted bribes and you do your work sincerely. Truthfully, I respect you for that. That is why, I chose you to be my daughter's husband. You're the most eligible bachelor."

"Sir .. I don't know what to say .. I mean .. I'm not even of a CEO status .. I'm just a normal worker .. plus, I'm not rich too."

"That doesn't matter to me. As long as I know you can take care of my daughter, I'm content."

"What about my feelings Dad?!"

"Rita .. trust me on this. Ok?"

"It's not that I don't want to dad, but you do know about my cursed love life. All of my ex would end up getting sick or an "unfortunate accident". Come on dad, if it's one or two .. I understand. But this happened to ALL of my ex-boyfriend Dad! This will never work."

".. Rita .. Can you at least try it out first with him? Daddy believe him."

"I .. I-I .."

"Ok Sir. I'm willing to marry your daughter. With conditions."

"What are the conditions?"

"First, let me remain at my current position even after I marry her. I don't want anybody to think that I'm doing this for money. Two, make Rita work in the company .. I will train her until she's able to take care of the company herself. Three, I am a cursed amulet myself .. I can not confirm if your daughter might be able to live if she dated me .. marry? That might be the worse idea, ever. Still, I'm willing to do it due to the respect I have for you, Sir."

"I accept it."

".. Rome .. you're cursed in love too?"

"Unfortunately, Miss Rita Hilton .. I am."

"Urghh .. fine! Let us kill each other then!"

dreams_x

sarNie Oldmaid
"Urghh .. fine then. Let us kill each other then!"

i luv tis line...its kinda of funny.. i can just imagine them both
fighting.. thanks

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
heeehee it's fun to read them argue. Awwwww i love how straightforward and honest Rome is <3

fun

Expired Sarnie
I love him more as a bad ass that has turn good because of nang ek... but sweet Rome, I am fine with that too!!!

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
shall be updating this one soon. for the time being, I got a feeling that this fanfic won't have too many chapters.

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 3 ]

Their heated argument finally cooled down for a moment or so. Rita's father invited Rome to the living room; where they could continue their discussion on the wedding plan. Her mother on the other hand excused herself as she had to answer a call.

"So Rome .. what about the wedding plan?"

"Sir, I have no intention to make it grand or whatsoever."

"How can my wedding not be grand?? Come on!"

"Listen to what he have to say first Rita .."

"Thank you Sir .. but .. the reason is because .. I know Miss Rita don't love me at all--"

"That's ALL? Isn't it obvious .. pehh .."

"NO. That's NOT ALL. God, you're one annoying brat and to think that I'm marrying you soon!"

"Dad!! He called me a brat!"

"Quiet Rita. Since you're going to marry him soon, you better start respecting him now."

"But--"

"No buts! Go on Rome .."

"Sir, I know why you want me to marry her. So, I shall prepare her till she's capable enough to manage your company. At the very same time, eventhough we're legally married .. I will not force her to have sex with me. I will respect her privacy. Also, I'm giving her the permission to date other guys until she find Mr. Right. When all of this is accomplished, I will divorce her. That's a promise on my side. Would that be ok, Sir .. Miss Rita?"

There was a sudden pause. Both Rita and her father couldn't believe what they'd just heard. Could it be true?

W-Why is he being so nice to me? It's impossible .. never in my life did I ever meet this kind of man! It is so difficult to hate him right now, unless he's just a faker. I mean, if this is the case .. he won't get anything from this marriage. Nothing. While I-I .. I feel like I'm a spoiled brat.

"Why? Did I say anything wrong??"

"Not really .. are you sure you want to do this Rome?"

"Yes, I do sir."

"But, there would be nothing in it for you .."

"It's ok, as I said before .. it was never my intention to gain anything from this."

'"Thank you Rome. Now I'm sure, I've picked the right man as my daughter's husband. What do you think .. Rita?"

"H-He might be faking it. How could there be such a man in this world! Whatever it is, I'm fine with his condition. I won't lose anything anyway."

"Ok then. It's settled."

As the plan proceeded, it was not long before two cursed amulets tied the knot. They were now officially husband and wife. There was no grand wedding celebration as promised by Rita's father. Everything ended with a nice and simple dinner between two families. Although it was never their intention to announce about their wedding to the world, the media managed to sniff out about the news. So, they did a press conference to explain the status of their relationship and certainly, that had the entertainment business buzzing. The country's party-girl is married? How ironic. They were the cover of several magazines. But they really pulled it off in the IMAGE photoshoot (click it) . Somehow, they looked like a couple who's madly in love with each other.

"Wow, look at us .. we look so hot here .."

"I think they photoshopped a lot .. you don't look THAT hot in real life Rita .. hahaha."

"Very funny. Whatever. At least the public thinks we are really a thing."

"A thing .. well, as long as your happy. Anyway .."

"Erm?"

"You're starting work tomorrow."

"What?!"

"Come on .. stop acting like you're shock or whatever ..it's time you learn how to work."

"Fine .. anyway .. here's your pillow!"

Rita threw the pillow to Rome, like she always does. Since they were married till now, she sleeps on the bed while Rome -- on the cushion.

"Thank you and good night Ma'am."

"Good? Yeah .. I hope it won't be a nightmare tomorrow .. you and me together .. there's going to be another accident soon .."

"Haha .. true .. that would be .. fun."

fun

Expired Sarnie
At the very same time, eventhough we're legally married .. I will not force her to have sex with me.

:loool:

transcend89

sarNie Adult
i love rome openness and being straightforward but i wonder does he have some hidden agenda??? keep going...

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
is it that short o_O?
cos i cant write too long if i want to update my fanfics daily.
so i try to at least update one of my fanfic everyday. ;)

will try to update a lil longer next time :)

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Wow, the marriage came really fast! Omg Rome! I'm so falling in love with him all over again from this fic. Lol.

At the very same time, eventhough we're legally married .. I will not force her to have sex with me.
Rome saying that, made me laugh so hard!​

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
lol .. i'm seriously making Rome a straightforward guy here n somehow his truthfulness crack u gurls up lol :D

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thanks An. Heehee they got married. I think I take back what I said about not dating him because he's like a cursed amulet and the girl he dates get sick or get into accident, but now i want to date him, he's so straightforward and unselfish. ^^

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 4 ]

The sun was not even up yet, the sky was still dark. Mrs. Patchata was still nicely sleeping on her bed - half naked - as usual, while her Mr. was already in the toilet -- getting himself ready for work. The alarm clock bought by Rome as his wedding gift for his newly-wed wife, was positioned strategically at the side of their king-size bed. Although he never really slept on the bed before, it was still called as 'theirs'. Rita's old-fashioned SEIKO alarm clock was still ticking quietly away, when suddenly - it gave out a huge noisy RinnGGGgGgGggg!! She kept on hitting the snooze button but it never worked. One minute later, it'll ring again and that certainly annoyed her. She wanted to throw the alarm clock to the wall but to no avail, that couldn't be done. As expected, Rome had glued her wedding gift permanently on the side table. Smart. She turned and looked at the stupid alarm clock, it was just 5.30AM?!?! It was so noisy that she couldn't stand it anymore.

Finally, she woke up and being the short-tempered lady she is - she stormed into the toilet like a mad bull.

"WHY DID U FREAKING SET THE ALARM SO EARLY?!?!"

"Ouch!"

Rome was actually shaving before and didn't expect his wife to just budge in that way.

"Look at what you've done, it's bleeding now! Geez!"

"Err .. sorry .. it's your fault anyway!"

"My fault?!" He washed away the shaving cream and started wiping his face.

"Duh!"

"You're impossible! Get me a plaster, this is such a huge cut!" He ordered.

"Why should I? Go get it yourself! Hmph!"

"Woman, its either you listen to me or I swear .. I'm going to make your life way miserable today!"

"Urgh k .. k! Fine! Hold on .."

"I am waiting .. getting older here .. geez, first accident today."

"There!" She passed the plaster to Rome. "Thank god, you were the first victim! Haha, maybe this wedding is good afterall .. you'll be the one suffering from our curse!"

"Yeah right .. just you wait .. most of my girlfriends suffer so much on our first date, I can't wait to see what's going to happen to you today! Heh!"

"That's the thing - nothing is going to happen today .. hahaha!"

Rita laughed her way out toilet and suddenly ..

"OUCHHHH!!!"

She slipped and fell. It was the toilet afterall, who asked her to dance and laugh at the same time. She hit her forehead, that was surely going to leave a swollen bruise.

"AHAHAHAHAHAH!"

"Shut up!" She murmured.

".. haha .. you were saying?"

"Would you stop it already! I'm suffering here!"

"Excuse me, I got a cut .. yours is just going to be swollen. SULK IT UP!"

"Whatever."

"Anyway, get yourself ready .. I don't want you to be late."

"Late for what?"

"..for work."

Being the diva she is, she took more than an hour to get ready. It was almost 7am when she's finally ready. It took her another 10mins in front of the mirror - making sure she look stunning like any other day. She's a very self-absorbed woman indeed. Rome could be seen talking with his father-in-law, mainly issues about the company. That was when the famous Jensen daughter walked down the stairs and greeted her father.

"Good morning .. *yawn* dad."

"Morning .. haha .. I'm happy to see you wake up so early today .." He gave a glance towards Rome. " I owe everything to you Rome .. haha .."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Not funny .. dad."

"What's wrong with the both of you? One with a cut while the other a swollen forehead??"

"It's his fault!" , "Her fault." They said it at the same timing.

"Hahaha, you two are surely meant to be with each other .."

"NOT!", "NO!" Again, they shouted at the same time.

"Hahaha!" Rita's father started laughing again.

"Alright then Sir, we're taking off now."

"We are? I haven't even eat yet! Break--"

"No breakfast for you today .."

"Why?!?"

"Well, your breakfast time is gone. You used it all on your make-ups or whatever. So, remember not to do that - next time."

"But! Argh!! Help me out here, Dad!"

"No can do little girl, he's your husband now. What he say, is the law. Now, of you go."

"What?!"

"Let's go Rita .."

Still annoyed, she stood there not giving any reply towards her husband's order. Rome rolled his eyes. Not wanting to waste another minute, he lifted her up and carried her into the limousine. That whole house was echoed with laughter. Everyone, including Rita's father and the maids couldn't stop themselves from laughing. The scene was far too hilarious. There shall never be peace in the Jensen house anymore, life would be more entertaining - with the newly-wed couples there.