"Dari Mata Arisa" (In Arisa's Eye) Malaysian version of JLR

cikna

sarNie Adult
I guess not many people in this forum know about dramas from malaysia. truthfully, to compare our dramas to dramas from other countries in Asia like Thailand, Philipines, Singapore and Indonesia, we a bit conservative. But we are used to them and we don't mind watching. :) Anyways, I have never been a real fanatic of any Malaysian drama. I mean, i watch them but i don't develop any sense of craziness like i have for lakorns like Jam Luey Rak. But this one drama really affects me like how JLR had infected me with its fever.

I think DMA has similar elements as found in JLR. There is a case of misunderstading which leads to harassment and verbal insults by the male lead character, Akif towards the female lead character, Arisa. He made her do things which is not part of her job at the office they are working at. there is also an attempt of Akif taking advantage (I'm not comfortable using the R word) of Arisa. He took her by force to somewhere quiet and taunts her and accused her of being a liar and no good woman. she gave him a nice slap on his face and runs away. Doesn't this remind you of JLR?...

In the exterior, Akif is this harsh and no-nonsense man but he is actually a man who loves nature and love his family. This kind of remind me of Harit. In DMA, Akif's family owns a big animal farm and is much loved by his workers (Harit owns a pearl farm is very much loved by his workers, :) ) Arisa in a way reminds me of Soraya. She is sweet, pretty and keeps many things to herself especially her emotios. She loves her family very much and in many ways, share similar likeness and dislikeness with Akif. In JLR, Soriya's cousin, Sansanee practically stole Soriya's almost to be boyfriend who is also her very close friend, Harin. Sansanee is always backed up by her mother who thinks that Soriya's mother still have a thing for her husband. In DMA, Arisa's cousin, Azza falls for Ayana's boyfriend (Ayana is Arisa identical twin sister). After Ayana's death, Azza with the help of her mother succeeds in marrying Ayana's boyfriend. But Azza is not so much like Sansanee. In fact, the character Sansanee is similar to Shareen, Akif's ex-girlfriend who dumped him because she was not ready to settle down with him. (in a way reminds me of Boonthai...:) )

In the midst of misunderstanding that Akif has for Arisa, he slowly falls for her. And jealousy is everywhere when he sees her with Eddy which I liken him to the character Nukul in JLR. Akif tries to apologise to Arisa for the bad things he puts her through but it keeps a distance from him.

So, because of these similar elements I see in JLR and DMA, i thought of sharing Dari Mata Arisa here in this forum. :wub:

cikna

sarNie Adult
DARI MATA ARISA (IN ARISA'S EYE)

Lead Characters:

Arisa
Akif Zamani
Eddy Sham​

Summary:

The drama is an adaptation of a very popular Malay novel entitled Kau Sayangku (You The One I Love). The story begins with an unidentical twins; Marina and Marliah. As they are unidentical, so is their personalities. They are like ying and yang. Marliah is the nice and kind one whereas Marina is the cruel and arrogant one. Since childhood, Marina has been bullying and mistreating her own sister without their parents' knowledge. What Marliah, Marina takes it away. She is full of hatred and jealousy. For whatever reason, it remains unknown. Things got bad to worse. Not only Marina seduced and stole Marliah's fiancee, she also stole Marliah's part of their family fortune, leaving Marliah with nothing much. And all this time, Marliah did not say a word about what MArina has done to her because Marina is her only flesh and bloos, and Marliah fears her a lot. Forward 22 years later, Marina and Marliah lead separate lives. Marina, after marrying her sister's fiancee, born a daughter and got a divorce from him. Later, she married a very rich man and lives in the capital city. Her daughter's name is Azza. As for Marliah, she decided to settle down in a smal town and married a decent guy and they have 3 daughters. The first and second daughters are identical twins; Arisa and Ayana.

Arisa and Ayana​

Unlike their mother and aunt, Arisa and Ayana love each other very much and they have such a strong bond. However, though they are identical, but they have different personalities. Arisa, being the eldest, are more discrete and quiet whereas her younger twin, Ayana is the funny and outgoing one. Ayana has a boyfriend named Zaril. Both Arisa and Ayana just graduate from university.

In a twist of fate, Azza, the twins' estranged cousin falls head over heels for Zaril. She tries to get Zaril's attention and how devastated she was after knowing Zaril is in love with someone else and what is more devastating is that he is going to ask Ayana, her cousin, for her hand in marriage. Azza cried her heart out to her mother. Driven by her hatred towards her sister's family and more importantly for her daughter's happiness, Marina sworn to make Azza's wish come true. Soon after, Ayana died tragically in a car accident, which breaks Zaril who lost the love of his life and of course her family's heart especially Arisa who feels she lost a part of her life. What makes matter more tragic for Arisa, not long after Ayana's death, Zaril under the influence of Marina (without Arisa and her family knowledge) marries Azza. Zaril decides to marry Azza because he wants to shed away the sorrow and emptiness he felt right after Ayana's demise. Arisa thought that Zaril had betrayed Ayana's love and in her effort to be able to accept her sister's death, goes to the capital city and works for a cargo company as one of its employee at its main office.

3 years after that, Arisa has become content with her sister's sudden demise and now she's staying with two of her former classmates during university. Arisa's friends, Lily and Not work for a shipping company run by Eddy Sham, a handsome and charismatic who is famous being a player. Eddy's company, Teguh Bersatu provides services for the company Arisa is working at. One day, Eddy accidently stumbles upon Arisa and he is instantly attracted to her. He tries to get close to her, doing all sorts of things to impress and get her attention but nothing seems to prevail. Though he is all out to get Arisa but he still with his habit of flirting with other women. but slowly, every time he meets a new gal, either he starts seeing Arisa in these girls or starts talking about her with them. Obviously, Eddy is so smitten by Arisa that he begins to realise that he has genuinely falls for Arisa's simplicity, beauty and mysterious air.

Eddy and his girfriends​

Eddy is desperate to win Arisa's heart until one day he persistantly ask Arisa to tell him why he can't pursue her as she is single and available. Arisa blurts out the most decent lie ever; she is engaged and is going to get married soon but it is kept a secret from everyone else including her two good friends, Lily and Not. When asked by Eddy who suspects she is lying, who her fiancee is, Arisa panicking and quickly created one; Akif Zamani.

Unknown to Arisa, this "made-up" name actually exist! Coincedently, he is the brother of the of director of the company where Arisa works and Arisa is going to get a shock of her life as Akif will take over from his brother as the director of the company as his brother is going to become the company's CEO.......

Sy14

sarNie Egg
DARI MATA ARISA (IN ARISA'S EYE)

Lead Characters:

Arisa
Akif Zamani
Eddy Sham​

Summary:

The drama is an adaptation of a very popular Malay novel entitled Kau Sayangku (You The One I Love). The story begins with an unidentical twins; Marina and Marliah. As they are unidentical, so is their personalities. They are like ying and yang. Marliah is the nice and kind one whereas Marina is the cruel and arrogant one. Since childhood, Marina has been bullying and mistreating her own sister without their parents' knowledge. What Marliah, Marina takes it away. She is full of hatred and jealousy. For whatever reason, it remains unknown. Things got bad to worse. Not only Marina seduced and stole Marliah's fiancee, she also stole Marliah's part of their family fortune, leaving Marliah with nothing much. And all this time, Marliah did not say a word about what MArina has done to her because Marina is her only flesh and bloos, and Marliah fears her a lot. Forward 22 years later, Marina and Marliah lead separate lives. Marina, after marrying her sister's fiancee, born a daughter and got a divorce from him. Later, she married a very rich man and lives in the capital city. Her daughter's name is Azza. As for Marliah, she decided to settle down in a smal town and married a decent guy and they have 3 daughters. The first and second daughters are identical twins; Arisa and Ayana.

Arisa and Ayana​

Unlike their mother and aunt, Arisa and Ayana love each other very much and they have such a strong bond. However, though they are identical, but they have different personalities. Arisa, being the eldest, are more discrete and quiet whereas her younger twin, Ayana is the funny and outgoing one. Ayana has a boyfriend named Zaril. Both Arisa and Ayana just graduate from university.

In a twist of fate, Azza, the twins' estranged cousin falls head over heels for Zaril. She tries to get Zaril's attention and how devastated she was after knowing Zaril is in love with someone else and what is more devastating is that he is going to ask Ayana, her cousin, for her hand in marriage. Azza cried her heart out to her mother. Driven by her hatred towards her sister's family and more importantly for her daughter's happiness, Marina sworn to make Azza's wish come true. Soon after, Ayana died tragically in a car accident, which breaks Zaril who lost the love of his life and of course her family's heart especially Arisa who feels she lost a part of her life. What makes matter more tragic for Arisa, not long after Ayana's death, Zaril under the influence of Marina (without Arisa and her family knowledge) marries Azza. Zaril decides to marry Azza because he wants to shed away the sorrow and emptiness he felt right after Ayana's demise. Arisa thought that Zaril had betrayed Ayana's love and in her effort to be able to accept her sister's death, goes to the capital city and works for a cargo company as one of its employee at its main office.

3 years after that, Arisa has become content with her sister's sudden demise and now she's staying with two of her former classmates during university. Arisa's friends, Lily and Not work for a shipping company run by Eddy Sham, a handsome and charismatic who is famous being a player. Eddy's company, Teguh Bersatu provides services for the company Arisa is working at. One day, Eddy accidently stumbles upon Arisa and he is instantly attracted to her. He tries to get close to her, doing all sorts of things to impress and get her attention but nothing seems to prevail. Though he is all out to get Arisa but he still with his habit of flirting with other women. but slowly, every time he meets a new gal, either he starts seeing Arisa in these girls or starts talking about her with them. Obviously, Eddy is so smitten by Arisa that he begins to realise that he has genuinely falls for Arisa's simplicity, beauty and mysterious air.

Eddy and his girfriends​

Eddy is desperate to win Arisa's heart until one day he persistantly ask Arisa to tell him why he can't pursue her as she is single and available. Arisa blurts out the most decent lie ever; she is engaged and is going to get married soon but it is kept a secret from everyone else including her two good friends, Lily and Not. When asked by Eddy who suspects she is lying, who her fiancee is, Arisa panicking and quickly created one; Akif Zamani.

Unknown to Arisa, this "made-up" name actually exist! Coincedently, he is the brother of the of director of the company where Arisa works and Arisa is going to get a shock of her life as Akif will take over from his brother as the director of the company as his brother is going to become the company's CEO.......
:eek: Cikna, it's so like JLR, wanna watch it but...I can't... For those who are used to :w-scene-pop-corn: & :r-scene-pop-corn: & :baby-scene-pop-corn: & :slapandkissse3: be prepared coz Malay dramas/movies are too decent :tease:

See, even the lead actor's got beard!

cikna

sarNie Adult
It this drama on youtube? I want to watch it.

same here. Cikna, any link to share?
nvm, i found the link : http://www.youtube.com/user/wankhairulhafiz - no subtitle though :(
even the song sound like JLR :lol: .. but it also like one of the HINDI song too.
if you two like, i can write a complete summary for each episode. which episode u would like me to start at. this drama has 40 episodes. Today, on tv, it's the 12th episode. it;s the first time Akif meets Arisa. But of course this is when the misunderstanding begins to take its toll. Their meeting didn't start well. In fact today is the first attempt of Akif taking advantage of Arisa....

cikna

sarNie Adult
:eek: Cikna, it's so like JLR, wanna watch it but...I can't... For those who are used to :w-scene-pop-corn: & :r-scene-pop-corn: & :baby-scene-pop-corn: & :slapandkissse3: be prepared coz Malay dramas/movies are too decent :tease:

See, even the lead actor's got beard!
syu, syed aiman smart giler dlam citer nie. he looks good with suits or just jeans and t-shirt. very much Harit!!! :wub: you mmg kena tgk citer nie. ayu raudhah pulak memang cantik. macam soriya!! :wub:

cikna

sarNie Adult
ceci, the intro song for this drama is actually a very classic song entitled "Dari Kerana Mata" (Because of Your Eye). Now do u see why i liken DMA to be JLR, calling it Malaysian version of Jam Luey Rak - minus the kidnap, rape and island, hahahaha!!!!

lv88

sarNie Hatchling
cikna, please write the summary for each epi for us. I'm going to watch it and refer here your summary so I could understand. Thanks a bunch!!!1

cikna

sarNie Adult
cikna, please write the summary for each epi for us. I'm going to watch it and refer here your summary so I could understand. Thanks a bunch!!!1
i'll try my best, lv88. here's the first part of epi 1

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KZkqMhkI5oY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KZkqMhkI5oY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkqMhkI5oY

The story started with Marliah waiting for her fiance, Azhar. But instead, Mohamad, Azhar's adopted brother came. It seems that every time Marliah asked Azhar out, he would either give excuses he can't go or he simply ask Mohamad to go see her on his behalf. Actually, Azhar's engagement to Marliah is arranged by their parents. Marliah confided to Mohamed that she knows that Azhar is not interested in her but her younger twin sister, Marina. It seemed when matter concerning Marina, Azhar would make time to go see Marina. Finally, Marliah told Mohamad that she had decided to break off her engagement to Azhar.Her parents had agreed too. Mohamad tried to convince Marliah to change her decision but she is firmed with her decision. When Azhar found out, he confronted both Marliah and Mohamad. It seemed that all the time Azhar sent Mohamad to go and see Marliah, Mohamad has developed feelings for her but he kept it to himself. On the other hand, Marliah was surprised that Mohamad is in love with her when he confessed to both Azhar and Marliah. Azhar asked Marliah to reconsider her decision but Marliah calmly told him he is actually in love with Marina. Marliah asked him to be with Marina.

cikna

sarNie Adult
Second Part of Episode 1

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OUuuJI-PCdU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OUuuJI-PCdU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUuuJI-PCdU

Marliah was in fact in love with Mohamad too. They both agreed to get married, whereas Azhar agreed to marry Marina. At home, marina intentionally made fun of marliah, telling her that she had to sew her own wedding dress, cook her own food for the wedding and so on. She also devishly said that it suited Marliah to marry a simple working man like Mohamad. It is her, Marina, who is more suitable to marry a future businessman like Azhar. A stupid woman like Marliah does not deserve a man like Azhar. Marliah didn't want to quarrel with Marina said that Marina has proven to be the winner and there's nothing more to discuss. Marina, dissatisfied, accused Marliah to steal her man in the first place. Marliah retaliated and reminded Marina to whom was Azhar first bethroted to. And that she, Marina, is the one seducing Azhar till falls for her.

Fastforward, to 2005. We see the twins, Arisa and Ayana, Marliah's daugthers, Zaril, Ayana's boyfriend and Amal, the twins' youngest sister camping in the woods. When the twins return to the camp site, they had Zaril to a test; to find out which one of them is ayana. zaril thought the test was so simple. he took the flower from amal's hand and let the twins smell it. when one of them sneezes, he knew that was Arisa coz arisa is allergic to flowers. At nite, Arisa told them that she has just a job offer Kuala Lumpur (capital city of Malaysia) from a company called Mutiara Sdn Bhd, managed by a guy called Mr Yusran whom Arisa thought to be kind and nice. But Arisa thought of waiting for another month before start working. It turned out Ayana just finished her degree in law and she too plan to wait for another month before doing her chambering. zaril made a comment that right after university, he had to start working immediately to support his family.

cikna

sarNie Adult
no probs, lv88 but it seemed i have problem to embed the youtube files here so that easier for you to read and watch at the same time. maybe ceci can help me with this.

trying to finish the last part for tonite. feeling a bit tired. :p

anyways, the drama version is a bit different than the novel. the summary i gave at earlier pages are based on the book which I translate from the article i found on the internet. actually, i have not read the book!! hehehe!! this weeked, if God willing, I'm going to buy the novel!

cikna

sarNie Adult
The third part of Episode 1

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Izl-O5Hi6MM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Izl-O5Hi6MM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izl-O5Hi6MM

zaril meets azza, the twins' estranged cousin for the first time. he helped her fix her car. she seems to very interested with her. at her office, she calls zaril and asks him out. at the same time, her mother marina who is now a "datin" ( a khunying in thai) came to the office. we now know that marina practically rules the household. marina came to husband's office, dato azhar who is now a prominent business man. she found out that her husband is named one of the candidates as future chairman of the malay association of bussinessmen. she eagerly wants her husband to contest as for it may lead for a higher rank such as tan sri (titles given by malay sultans to successful individuals in malaysia. tan sri is higher ranked title than dato'). obviously, marina is very ambitious, an opposite trait to her husband and daughter.

azza went out with zaril. they talk a bit about their background. we can see clearly azza is smitten by zaril. she keeps asking to go out again with zaril, maybe for a jog or something. but she does not know that zaril is planning to get engaged to ayana yet....

ok, gudnite...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

cikna

sarNie Adult
u can start the summary from epi 12 and on....
i didn't notice this reply because i was so into summarising DMA. Hahahaha!!! Maybe, I should select episodes which i feel you should not miss it like episode 3, 7, 8 and onwards. ok or not?

lv88

sarNie Hatchling
I did not want to overwhelm u. If u could summarize all episodes, that would be awesome. But I know u are busy w/other things too so, just try to summarize as much as u can. thank you, thank you.

cikna

sarNie Adult
I did not want to overwhelm u. If u could summarize all episodes, that would be awesome. But I know u are busy w/other things too so, just try to summarize as much as u can. thank you, thank you.
no worries, lv88. i am overwhelming myself. i decided to write summaries for each episode

i feel like to watch it... hope to get a request of subs... ^_^
i too, if God willing would love to sub this drama, but i have tried to search high and low for its videos online but nothing prevailed. the only link so far is from youtube and i don't know how to download from youtube. still waiting for anyone to upload it so i can get my hands on it and sub it! -_-