dating someone older than you

cfang32

sarNie Egg
it depends how old you are? i think it would be better if you were 18 and over. but you're right, age is just a number. it doesn't quite mean anything but the years you've been alive. if you're in love, go ahead and date him. i love the korean (made-up celebrity couple on WGM<---variety show) couple HyungJoong and Hwangbo. Hwangbo which is the girl is 6 years older than HyungJoong. HyungJoong is in his early 20s and she is in her late 20s. I think they are so cute together though. They make each other laugh and make me laugh since it's a korean variety show. :lol:

truly_nancy

sarNie Hatchling
I believe there is nothing wrong with dating someone who is younger than you...sometimes you might find guys who are younger than who are more mature then guys your age or older...i don't really think age is a big issue, my friend is dating a guy who is 3 yrs her junior and they are really good together, i think they are going to get married soon cause her parents and his parents really want them too...anyways...he is more mature then most guys his age and they look like they are the same age...i feel its dumb sometimes that people see it as a bad thing for a girl who is older to date a guy who is younger...but for an older guy to date a younger girl is okay...i think that is really dumb...what is the difference if your dating an older guy or a younger guy....i know guys who date girls who are like 4 to 5 years their junior and it's okay but for a girl to do that...it is wrong...i think that's really stupid...older or younger...i guess if you really like that person...it's up to you...i know in our society it is looked down upon...but if you really look at it...many of our ancestors married people who are either many years their junior or many years their senior...there is really nothing wrong....if you really love the person...go for it...who cares what people say...it's you and that person that really matters...

katakakat

sarNie Egg
is it wrong for an older girl to date a guy younger than her? in today's society age doesn't matter but there are still people out there who would consider it to be child molester.
my boyfriend is younger than me and i find nothing wrong with that, but others would find me molesting my boyfriend just that i am older.

it is wrong for an older girl date a younger guy (esp. younger than her)?
not at all! if you got it go ahead, if anyone should complain, forget about them. it's both his and your choice to be together, so what!-----> o also, it is only consider molesting if he is under the age and god knows what other people can think of you as...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
I believe there is nothing wrong with dating someone who is younger than you...sometimes you might find guys who are younger than who are more mature then guys your age or older...i don't really think age is a big issue, my friend is dating a guy who is 3 yrs her junior and they are really good together, i think they are going to get married soon cause her parents and his parents really want them too...anyways...he is more mature then most guys his age and they look like they are the same age...i feel its dumb sometimes that people see it as a bad thing for a girl who is older to date a guy who is younger...but for an older guy to date a younger girl is okay...i think that is really dumb...what is the difference if your dating an older guy or a younger guy....i know guys who date girls who are like 4 to 5 years their junior and it's okay but for a girl to do that...it is wrong...i think that's really stupid...older or younger...i guess if you really like that person...it's up to you...i know in our society it is looked down upon...but if you really look at it...many of our ancestors married people who are either many years their junior or many years their senior...there is really nothing wrong....if you really love the person...go for it...who cares what people say...it's you and that person that really matters...

So you think it's okay for a 20-year-old girl to date a 15-year-old boy?

truly_nancy

sarNie Hatchling
So you think it's okay for a 20-year-old girl to date a 15-year-old boy?
That is not what I am saying....but once you think about it...it's like someone who is 25 dating someone who is 20...if the two are willing to wait till he's 18 then they should wait....i mean...my friend and her bf have been dating for 5 years...and he is 3 years younger then she is...she's 23 and he's 20...they were fine...i think it's up to the people...if guys who are 20 can date 15 year old girls...what's wrong with girls who are 20 dating guys who are 15...right?! just because we are girls...we are considered "cougars" for dating younger guys...I also think that girls who are 20 knows better to not date someone who isn't 18 yet...some girls aren't like guys who don't think about that....but you ask me do i think it's okay...well it's really not up to me to see if it's okay...it's up to whoever is dating that 15 year old boy...who knows...you might end up liking someone younger or older then you....it just happens its life...i guess like the saying goes "you can't help who you love!"

miss_kayomee

sarNie Egg
something is wrong when the girl is only 18 and she is dating a 40 year old man. she is either gold digging or he is using her for sex. so that is wrong.