Days in Eden :: Tik/Aff

LoveIt!

sarNie Hatchling
My brother and his wife just had a baby girl last night....they named her EDEN!!!! Made me think of this FanFic!

Can't wait for the next update!

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
thanks for reading guys, i'll possibly update this one...i'm not sure, i've just shelved two other fanfics in this forum so depending on my motivation in the next week to write, we'll see what happens....again if theres not enough interest, i'd rather not waste my time posting...if i decide to discontinue another one, it'll be this one and i'll just update Heir of the Last Princess...happy reading to all!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thanks for reading guys, i'll possibly update this one...i'm not sure, i've just shelved two other fanfics in this forum so depending on my motivation in the next week to write, we'll see what happens....again if theres not enough interest, i'd rather not waste my time posting...if i decide to discontinue another one, it'll be this one and i'll just update Heir of the Last Princess...happy reading to all!
your fanfics will always spark interest in me^^ i really do hope you continue this and heir of the last princess....i enjoy reading yours very much.....

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
honeslty, i'm iffy about this one..i dont know how much i'll still want to write this one now that i've discontinued my two others...because blessed are the fallen was my baby, i first thought of it a few years ago and i really nutured it for a while but alas, its not the time for that one...i'll try my best though because i'm still in tik and aff mood right now...i can see everything in my head but its harder to put in writing...

LoveIt!

sarNie Hatchling
This one is the first one that I fell in love with instantly! It's so good. Your a great writer! I hope you finish this one!

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
05 - Chance

“What is it?” Araya asked, following his eyes.

He turned back to answer her for only a second, “a friend from long ago---” but when he returned his gaze to the spot where he spotted her earlier, she was gone. Scrunching his brows, he blinked. Was he just imagining it?

“Who?” Araya asked, confusion and curiosity written all over her face.

“No one.” He replied, “how about lunch.?”

She smiled, quickly forgetting the mysterious friend, “great, I’m starving!”

He returned her smile still momentarily distracted by his mind playing tricks on him.

“How’s progress with your stepmother?” Araya asked, taking a bite of her salad.

Tik shook his head grimly, “she refuses to budge.”

“really?” she asked, “after that last figure you offered I was sure she’d agree. I mean even to the wealthy, that was a large number.”

The lines of his mouth tightened, “not to her, it’s never enough for her.”

Araya nodded without a reply. She hated when he got this way which happened every time they spoke of his stepmother. She understood his pain and where it came from but his hatred as beyond her understanding.

In the 3 years she’d known him, she’d come to understand almost everything about him, what his every decision and expression means, but his deep hatred for his stepmother was something she couldn’t figure out. She’d even met the woman before but was not able to form the same opinion of her as Tik. She found Kim straightforward and few in words but mostly kind, qualities that reminded her of Tik. She could never tell him that of course. It would just make him angrier. What anger she did share with Tik against his step mother was the fact that she refused to sell Sky silk to them. As far as araya could see, Kim had no reason for refusing to give it up. Since his father’s allocation of Sky Silk to kim, Tik has offered a limitless array of money and other things in exchange for it and yet she still refused to sell. He was willing to give her all 6 textile mills in exchange for that one tiny flagship mill. Any sane person would’ve taken it. Which is why araya was convinced that Kim wasn’t keeping it because she wanted money. She had another motive and Araya vowed to figure it out even if Tik was convinced it was because of money.

“have you tried offering her the villa?” Araya suggested.

“everything.” he replied, “including my current home.”

“bundled?” she asked.

“no,” he replied, “but I’m close to it, .”

“don’t,” Araya advised, “what if she takes it? Where will you live?”

“with you of course. Besides, even if she takes everything, I’ve still got to keep the company. Within a few years I should be able to earn the worth of the lot back.”

She smiled inwardly at his quick notion of living with her. They had been friends for a while now and this was the first time he showed any sort of affection or preference for her company in a close way.

“I suppose,” she answered, trying to sound pensive rather than nervious, “but what if she wants the company?”

“she doesn’t.” Tik answered, “she only wants the silks. She won’t know how to run the company.”

“you thought that about Sky Silk and now look how she’s expanded it, ” araya replied, a small hint of warning in her tone.

Tik nodded, knowing that much was true. He had underestimated Kim, “I’ll just have to find out another way to make her sign it over to me.”

----------------------------------------------------

Later, after he dropped Araya off at her apartment, he got in his car and turned on the engine.

***ring***ring***

Putting the car into gear, he pulled out of park and picked up the call.

“have you got her name?” Tik asked.

“no.”

“what do you have then?” he replied irritably.

“there’s no traces of it anywhere. I’ve checked the history of graduates from all areas surrounding Bangkok with a degree in business, textiles, even fashion, none with a relation to kim’s surname. I’m working on lineage lines right now, but you know as well as I do that small villages don’t trace that sort of stuff. But I do have news.”

“what is it?”

“from our guy in the postal system, he’s overheard kim talking in the offices today while delivering mail about the niece settling at kim’s apartment. Looks like kim’s leaving back to Chiangmai but the girl’s here to stay. Unfortunately we don’t know where kim’s apartment is, the guy doesn’t deliver to that area and doesn’t have access to find out. But the girl will be attending the breast cancer function next week, I don’t know how kim managed to get an invitation but she’ll for sure be going. Looks like they’re trying to appeal to the foundation by adding silk donations for auction. All those womens’ husbands own companies and ventures of some sort. If they agree to help her, she’ll have the capital to do whatever she wants and soon. Kim’s moving quick, before you know it, she’ll have too much business to want any offer you give her in exchange for Sky Silk, ”

“That’s if she succeeds, ” Tik replied, dubious, “the women who head that foundation are old society mothers with a head for tradition and reputation, they won’t want anything to do with kim. They’ve all heard the gossip and knows she doesn’t come from old money.”

“but its kim’s niece whose going to the function, not kim. They might accept her differently, we don’t know. Your best bet is to go also and keep an eye out. See what you can do about switching the old womens’ attention to your cause instead.”

“how am I supposed to do that, also drop a bunch of silk on them?”

“I didn’t mean that, counter the proposal when you get a chance. In the mean time, appeal to them the old fashion way.”

“how?” Tik asked, running out of ideas.

“pretend interest in their daughters. You know they’ve had their eyes on you for ages, just distract them a little.”

“araya wont like that.” Tik replied although he did entertain the idea for a second.

“Come on Tik, I know you, if you cared about araya that way you would’ve asked her out a long time ago. We both know the moments past.”

Tik grunted again. He had no idea why he hasn’t asked araya out in all the time they’ve known each other. He knew she had some feelings for him but has always kept her at arm’s length because he wasn’t sure about his feelings for her. She was the only---well one of the only women he’s ever gotten close to after his mother’s death and he valued her opinion beyond all else. But something always stopped him from taking their friendship a step further.

“whatever, you know what I mean.” Tik replied, trying to save his end of the argument, “she hates simpering females as much as you and I. Speaking of husband hunting females, what happened to yours?”

“let her go. Got too attached.”

Tik laughed, “still holding onto your three week rule then?”

“its worked so far. I’m not trapped yet am I?”

“maybe you should give commitment a try?”

“you should take your own advice. You’re closer to commitment than I ever will be in this lifetime. Why not just take a dive and see what happens?”

Tik didn’t say anything.

“I see you get my point.” His friend replied, laughing, “free men forever then!”

Tik laughed but in the back of his mind a picture of a girl flashed across his vision. Perhaps one woman can.

pangmoua

RujRasa Fan
great fanfic. don't tell us that you're going to stop because it's good. I can't wait until they meet. please do continue with this story.

tikaff

sarNie Egg
its fantastic, so very interesting and romantic, i cant wait to read, please continue writing and update soon. thk u.

tikaff

sarNie Egg
hi pbv, da story is so good and has reached the most interesting intersection. pls continue to write and let us poor fans enjoy your absolutely amazing story. i cant wait to read more, please update, love it, love it, addiction is the word. thk u ka

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Hi All,

Thanks for the support so long after I've been gone. I'm happy to announce I will be updating this but with a complete rewrite. Look forward to it in the next few days!

tikaff

sarNie Egg
hi pbv, fantastic news !! so hapi tat u will continue this truly amazing story. pls stay wif tikaff as da lovely couple. i cant wait 2 read soon :flowers: thk u ka :thumbsup: