[Discussion] Do you think RAWR scene is still relevant?

Do you like R scene in lakorns?

• Total voters

fun

Expired Sarnie
R scene in lakorn is too controversial lmao

I am in between. I don't support rapist but I believe there are different levels. The definition of rape is having oral sex, intercourse, group sex etc when one does not consent to it. Rape happens to couple who are happily married to each other. For example, "society" believes it is the duty of the wife to give sexual pleasure to their husband, but there are times the wife don't feel like doing it but because society says so, they don't think of it as rape but let me vocalize this, that is also a form of rape!!!

I prefer a R turn into willing where the nang ek at her own will, wants to make love to pra ek. But then again I am really in the middle, I like aggressive softy at heart kind of guy. Sometimes lakorn does it that makes me want to shake my head especially when it is really uncalled for. I didn't mind it in Rang Ngao although I was a bit sad that it happened, but it was used appropriately for the lakorn message.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I'm a huge RAWR fan. Because in reality rapists are evil people and it's totally a no-no. But in lakorn land i think it's alright to romanticise a rawr, it's all just a made up world anyways. Rawr scenes put me at the edge of my seat. I prefer rawrs over willings but if there is a mix of the 2, i'm fine with it.

Anyways, some n'eks "deserve" being rawred because some are really b**chy, hard to control, overly hardheaded and they won't shut up. Look at Rasika for example. She's a racist, she thinks she's better than p'ek, she's rude to her stepfather who is p'ek's father. I say she had it coming.
Some n'ek are just annoying and they spend wayyyyy too much time with another man, so in order to get the pra'nang to spend more time together, a rawr is called for.

P'eks i say 70% of the time rawr n'ek because he feels like another man is a threat to him and n'ek. The most used line is "i'm going to make you mine, no way is he going to eat my leftovers" Jealousy plays a large role into this. 80% of the time p'ek will rawr her out of jealousy and that "fire of the moment" thing.

I don't like random rawrs for no reason though. A rawr should be used appropriately for the situation. Or if the lakorn is a comedy and you ruin the atmosphere my making it dramatic with a rawr. Like in that Johnny and Siriam lakorn where it was all funny for half of the lakorn and then they make him have amnesia and he rawrs her, it just ruins the lakorn.

Lakorns nowadays have toned down the rawrs, in fact, i haven't seen one in these past few years. There is more willings than rawrs nowaday. Willings should be used appropriately too. I read this comment on YouTube that n'ek are too easy now, which i kind of agree with. Look at Sawan Saang, the p'ek did so much to her and right when he wants to sleep with her, she easily gave in. Anyways, i miss rawr scenes, lakorns have pretty much cut them out completely (usually happens with the 2nd couple though, not the pra'nangs).

fun

Expired Sarnie
OMG I did not like PA at all. The too much jealousy, teasing and stupid misunderstanding was just so damn uncalled for. They used sex for all the wrong reason!!!

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Um...nobody ever...EVER "deserves" to be raped. I know we are talking in the context of lakorn and "unreal" worlds, but it's so easy to have those thoughts translated into real world and real feelings, and that could easily happen to younger people who watch lakorn. And that's just wrong. I just feel that...we should be coming up with different ways for p'ek to "show he loves her" =D And I'm not saying this because I think lakorn script sucks (though a few are lacking) but there's so much wealth of other ways to be romantic. I mean...they're okay with Thai daras not doing real kisses, but they'll do rape scenes? Even if there's no actual filming of the rape, it's still implied and everyone "knows it happened," know what I'm sayin'? Like, there's a real mixed message of morals going on there.

I'm all for willing. I can admit I'm guilty of being into the aggressive p'ek, but there's a dinstinct difference between aggressive and abusive, especially when we are talking about everyday life. And a man raping a woman to "claim" her is like saying he's too insecure in their relationship and doesn't trust her, so why should she put up with his insecurity in such a violent manner? I can tolerate rawr-turned-willing, but it has to be played out in the right atmosphere, where p'ek's intention isn't to REALLY rape her in the first place, but just to "seduce" and n'ek isn't some sort of slave to humanity or is just giving in because she gives in to everyone in the story because she's a weak person or something like that.

In short, I like MUTUALITY and CONSENT. Which can be hard to deal with in lakorn because that's part of the culture, though I don't think that justifies the rape in any way and shouldn't be romanticized, but like I said, it's hard to get away from it when it's so embedded in the "style" of lakorn.

Just an opinion.

And after watching Johnny's r-scene in Nangfah Gub Satan (?), THAT is what rape really looks like, it's not some kind of aggressive way of seducing someone. It's disturbing and violent. So maybe if they want to "romanticize" it and make it seem less violent, they should start calling it something other than "R-scene". Maybe just call it a "bed scene"--although if the intention of p'ek is to rape her then there's not much difference. >< Okay, I'll stop now.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
LMFAOOOOOO! the options are freakin hilarious. I'm a pro willing girl so I'm not a fan of R scenes. If the script really calls for it and there's enough development where it shows that the nang aek is able to forgive the praek and reciprocate some feeling back then sure but otherwise no. SB had too many irrelevant scenes and Pin Anong was just gross. They were literally throwing random intimacy whenever they could and 'most' those scenes didn't serve any purpose at all.

Katerine

Butterfly123
If you asked me this before i went on a long hiatus from Lakorns, i would have been 50-50 if it was a r-scene turned into a willing, but now i'm kind of i don't think its relevant, even if a lakorn is fake. It's meant to have an element of realism in it and a woman isn't going to confess her love to a rapist. Don't get me wrong though i love the whole aggressive p'ek thing and all that and it entertains me when the p'ek pretends to "rawr" the n'ek (like pins her to the wall) but doesn't do the thing i'm fine with that.

I'm all for willing scene's to me they are more realistic.

So yeah that my opinion =3

bubba

Keep On Smiling
:lmao3: The options are so funny. I agree with jjinxx :lolyup: . By the time I finish reading her essay, I don't have any more energy left for R-scene. To me, a willing is much more
romantic, but a Rawr is more intense and spicy. However, I'm all for willing na. :thanks: Asy for posting.

fun

Expired Sarnie
See the thing with SB2008 is that it takes another viewpoint on a rapist who wants to be in control. He can't have her willingly so he does it by force. I took a class on sex psychology and it is so much more complicated to really say without being label a rapist supporter.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Um...nobody ever...EVER "deserves" to be raped. I know we are talking in the context of lakorn and "unreal" worlds, but it's so easy to have those thoughts translated into real world and real feelings, and that could easily happen to younger people who watch lakorn. And that's just wrong.
I'm going to take it as this comment is meant for me because of the "deserve" in quotations. I dont know about anyone else, but I know what's right and wrong. I know you said "unreal" worlds and no one should ever be raped. But these n'eks aren't even real people, what's wrong wanting something to happen to them. It's all just actors acting. Maybe I misunderstood your comment but I felt like you post was directed at me.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
55 I intended to write about "deserving" to be raped regardless if you or anyone else had or hadn't posted it before me because it's something I feel strongly about. It was directed to everyone as a general comment so please don't be offended.

I'd also like to reiterate that I personally don't think fictional characters deserve to be raped, whether as a form of punishment or anything else, but that is my feeling as a feminist and is not meant to directly refute anyone's post/comments on here. Which is not to say that I think my comments are unrelated to other posts, because this IS a discussion thread--a very interesting one too!

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
55 I intended to write about "deserving" to be raped regardless if you or anyone else had or hadn't posted it before me because it's something I feel strongly about. It was directed to everyone as a general comment so please don't be offended.

I'd also like to reiterate that I personally don't think fictional characters deserve to be raped, whether as a form of punishment or anything else, but that is my feeling as a feminist and is not meant to directly refute anyone's post/comments on here. Which is not to say that I think my comments are unrelated to other posts, because this IS a discussion thread--a very interesting one too!
Fair enough. I'm not offended, I just wanted to know the root of your comment.

i.n.v.u.

sarNie Adult
agree jinx....teens watch this....there already a inferior complex in asian culture...does it need to be justified as ok because we saw in lakorn and it's "romantic"? I like agress p'k but "r" isn't warrant to show love...i think it has evolve enough to be able to make it sweet and passionate as willing. I agree it doesn't matter if it fictional are no.....seduce to willing then abusive "R"...I grew up watching it at a young age and thought it was ok and romantic....I'm older now and it's not as good as the seduce to willing...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
man.. Asy, your descriptions are hilarious!

i/m 50/50 for these scenes.. if it's a necessary scene, then i understand it.. but i don't like it when it's like too much.. esp way too much, because it becomes unnecessary and irrelevant..

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
hahaha this is hilarious is this suppose to be funny? haha but i'll say i go with willing haha sometimes when the guy raws the n'ek ergh makes me mad sometimes depending on the situation. If the guy is like I do love u and then raws the girl then im fine but if he just does it like in Sawam Biang and Ken just keeps forcing her like no tomorrow then ehhehe nope i get mad about it!! :) Or either Stockholm!!!! Nope!!!

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
I love the options, i must say i was so tempted to vote yes on the 1st option because Ken T.'s name was tie to it <3

A lot of my college friends asks me why Im into Thai lakorns when 2 out of 3 lakorn have R-Scenes, like am I for it or what? haha In my mind Im like no one in their right mind, like most lakorn fans are "For" rape...no duhhh. But understanding the Thai culture, and that its still so much more conservative than that of Koreans/Chinese/Japanese, its easy to see why there is much less willing scenes in lakorns than their is R-scenes. Especially when the pra'nangs are not yet married, if the nang'ek was to sleep w/ pra'ek willingly, some of the viewers, especially the older ones will assume she's "too easy" and un-nang'ek like. So for any "action" pra'ek has to force nang'ek into it to preserve her "purity"?? Aside from Thai lakorns, Inidan movies also have a very high amount of R-Scenes, and I think it is also due to their conservative culture.

At this point in time, I don't think most R-Scenes are relevant anymore. Thailand needs to let go of this idea that no one sleeps with anyone before marriage.

{spoiler alrert]
I agree w/ most of you. If R-scenes happen randomly, like for ratings or for what ever reason, its very distastful. But I must agree some scripts incorporates it well. For one, the character of Veekit in Rang Ngao. All the guys surrounding him were sleezy, womanizing, disrespectful pricks, while he was the good guy from the very beginning. He endured everything for her, she picks his uncle over him, her sister comes and uses him to get to his uncle. He was the good guy and he had nothing to show for it, he ends up doing something horrible. It was done well.

Sawan Biang I have to stand up for. I think the script called for it. The 1st R-scene was understandable. Some of the later ones are uncalled for [rating purposes maybe]? But Sawan Biang 2008 should be known for the preformance Ann & Ken gave, not the romance.

At the end of the day I voted for the R-scene turn willing, i still like my classic aggressive thai pra'ek....

ping101

sarNie Hatchling
Urrrrrr..... R scenes shouldn't be added at all. it's extremely disturbing and damaging to the individual. When they romanticizes R scenes, I want to puke and I did stop watching many lakorns with R scenes.

aggressive jerks are hot but Raping ain't sexy, aint healthy, aint deserving forgiveness.

I think this is the pure reason why thai lakorns isn't as popular as other countries, where consent in romance is emphasized.

i know it's on tv but many young folks watch these stuff nowadays and you know what? it's giving the wrong messages and some nutty ones will copy the actions - being forceful and terrible to the person they love because its the way to show "love". distasteful and so wrong.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I think this is funny too, not because I'm stupid or anything, but just reading it makes me laugh. For me, I don't really care if there's a rape scene or not, as long as I like the Pra'ek and the story-line is a good one then i'll watch it. Sometimes i like the rape scenes and sometimes I don't. But what I hate the most is when P'ek or supposedly called "P'ek", is too old for the nang'ek, has a girlfriend and is a jerk to her, then he rapes her, that is so ugh, it pisses me off. For one he's too old, dude get a girl your own age, second he has a girlfriend, if you have a girlfriend, leave nang'ek alone or make up your mind and leave someone, don't keep on hurting both of them, most nang' rai become nang' rai because of the stupid p'ek being stupid and not being truthful, this makes me feel bad for the nang' rai who gets bitched at from the viewers. and third, if you love someone, don't treat them bad and pretend to love someone else, that's just plain dumb and stupid. Your not only hurting yourself but two or three other people. Gosh, I mean like in Jom Jai, I know p'ek loved nang'ek, but i fee; bad for the nang'rai, because nang' ek knows that nang' rai is already p'ek's wife, but nang'ek is being a bitch and still gives into the p'ek. Hate p'ek because he knows he has a wife but still goes to the nang'ek all the time. Jom Jai made me feel that the nang' rai was Nang'ek. This just annoys me when the nang'ek's are the bitchy ones but still end up getting the p'ek when the nang'rai never does.