do u "know" a hmong celebrity????

stephanie

sarNie Adult
just wondering if any of you "know" any hmong celebrity.... something to gossip about ^^

Last edited:

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I wouldn't really consider this "knowing" a Hmong celebrity but
my aunt is a relative of the guy who married Hnub Lis. And then
Ntxawm Lis is somewhat a relative from my mom's side of the
family. Haha, I guess all the Lis' are related to me. It's funny
how most Hmong celebrities are Lee's, Thao's, and Yang's.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Lue Vang, the singer is my uncle from my mama's side.

Proto J, the singer is my aunt's husband brother son. I don't really know him but we grew up together.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
this was just so random and funny, but I like how you said it, hehehe...
Lol. That's what my parents said. But they also said that he
had one or two siblings(not sure if it's guy or girl) but
his sibling(s) were kind of disabled(retarded in Hmong as if
it's a bad thing).

Haha, have you heard that he went crazy during the days he filmed
Nuj Nplhaib thiab Ntxawm? I think they said that he ate raw chicken
and ran with the tigers for the day. So they had to ua neeb/hu plig
for him and he stopped.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Lol. Then my sisters friend saw Kwm Lis at Destiny Cafe
and he was talking about how Hmong movie makers should
come together more often and talk about making movies
or w/e. Lmao.

mrshejunxiang

sarNie Hatchling
Lol. That's what my parents said. But they also said that he
had one or two siblings(not sure if it's guy or girl) but
his sibling(s) were kind of disabled(retarded in Hmong as if
it's a bad thing).

Haha, have you heard that he went crazy during the days he filmed
Nuj Nplhaib thiab Ntxawm? I think they said that he ate raw chicken
and ran with the tigers for the day. So they had to ua neeb/hu plig
for him and he stopped.
The part about kwm lis going crazy and eating raw chicken, I've heard about it.
I have a friend who lives in Qhov Tsua (wat tham krabok) with kwm lis... they don't live together, but my friend was from there too and he said that kwm did going crazy and stuff. he was running off to the forest as if he's being possess or something... but my friend and many other people thinks that he was just being stupid and wanted to act that way to be famous or publicity and promote more of his "nuj nplaim" movie... they didnt give any crap about him.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
The part about kwm lis going crazy and eating raw chicken, I've heard about it.
I have a friend who lives in Qhov Tsua (wat tham krabok) with kwm lis... they don't live together, but my friend was from there too and he said that kwm did going crazy and stuff. he was running off to the forest as if he's being possess or something... but my friend and many other people thinks that he was just being stupid and wanted to act that way to be famous or publicity and promote more of his "nuj nplaim" movie... they didnt give my crap about him.
Lol. Could be for publicity.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
My aunt who is a shaman, knows Kwm Lis and she said Kwm Lis really did go crazy because of what he did in the movie. He offended the spirits in the forest, for whatever he did. My aunt said why but I didn't understand it. I don't think he meant to do it lol he was probably really crazy.

vangsta_1989

sarNie Hatchling
it is mean to call celebrity stupid or crazy... this post should stop cuz it is rude to speak of people like that. imagine if you're a celebrity in hmong and people speaks this about you you wouldn't like it either. talking nice is allowed but don't say mean things.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
it is mean to call celebrity stupid or crazy... this post should stop cuz it is rude to speak of people like that. imagine if you're a celebrity in hmong and people speaks this about you you wouldn't like it either. talking nice is allowed but don't say mean things.
We're not calling them that. We're saying that it happened.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
No one likes it but when you decide to become a celebrity. It don't matter, if you are Hmong or not.
You must handle all good and bad criticism.

mrshejunxiang

sarNie Hatchling
No one likes it but when you decide to become a celebrity. It don't matter, if you are Hmong or not.
You must handle all good and bad criticism.

I gotta believe you. its very true.
they're celebs... people talk about them all the time...
the good and the bad =)

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
I'm related to some of them, just kidding...
only related through family members, the one that I'm closely related to is Eb Lauj (he married my best friend who is my niece), follow my blog and see our happy family, hehehe :)

ntxhiav_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
Ntxawm Lis is my sister. Tub Yaj is my txiv laus along with his brothers. Dawb Thoj is my nyab on my dad's side of the family. I know Maiv Puv Paj Thoj. She's Dawb Thoj's sister. That's it for me.

pualuv

sarNie Egg
Hahah I like that last comment :)

well, uncle knows the main guitar player for the sounders. He said they used to practice guitar together back in Thailand/Laos. E.T. Yang is also my uncle from my mom's side; I've only met him once so he's a distant uncle. And the pajhuam guy Keej Vang was the best friend of my uncle when they were younger.

yep and that's about it.. there might be more? lol All hmong people are related