Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Muddie Murda

smile...
I asked this at soompi but I wanted to ask my fellow SarNies too! ^_^

:D

Does your family eat together as a whole?

If so, how often? 2-3 times a week? 5 times a week? Everyday?

Don't mean to get too personal, but if you do eat as a family often, is your family close? Do the teens in the family dislike drugs, alcohol, and smoking??

Do you think that eating as a family actually help kids and help marriages as well?

---------

Dinner offers a critical time during the day when your family has the chance to regroup and recreate the family culture that binds everyone together.

Teens who eat dinner with their families are much less likely to use illegal drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes.

-momcentral.com

---------

Thanks a lot!!

--------

I was kinda shocked by the results I have so far at soompi.

Yes [57.98%]
No [42.02%]

On TV, they always advertise KFC or something like "bring dinner back to the table.." blah blah...and I go, "But don't most families eat together at dinner or something?"

It's really sad to see so many homes where families don't even get together to eat atleast 2-3 times a week. Just 2-3 times...not 2-3 days a week. :(

L

lalalek

Everyone is doing there own thing in our family......i never get to have supper with my family becuase of school! it sucks too!!!! :(

I think that i am about to turn the tables around and start getting everyone to eat at the table from now on because so our relationships with the family can be strong and understanding.....

Good one Muddie!!!!! :D

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
my family eats together everyday....because when u dont then everyone starts to go seperate ways and thinking maybe thats how we are raised :rolleyes:

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Sadly my family don't eat at the table. Even if we eat together my dad's always missing, because he goes to work from noon-midnight. Usually we just grab our own plates and eat in our own rooms.

But since we cook for him, we always wait for him during midnight, wait till he finish eating and talk for 15-20 minutes before going to bed. We're used to the routine already, since he had been working like that for 10 years or so.

So is our family heathy? Since we don't eat at the table?

Pee

sarNie Elites
LOL we always eat together in my family^^ its fun ..we´re joking around and stuff!

S

sunflower

my family hasn't eaten together since ... oh damn i can't even remember. the reason is our work schedules don't allow it. and when we do actually get the same days off together... my parents are doing their thing relaxing or visiting other relatives. and i'm just napping away in my room or at a friend's house. and most of the time i just eat whenever i get hungry and not care what time of the day or night it is. my parents on the other hand stick to a breakfast at 6am, lunch at noon, and dinner at 6pm. so yeah.. i'm kinda not awake at 6am.. sometimes still asleep at noon :sweat: ... and at 6pm i'm at work..

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
yeah, we eat as a family at the table when i go home for school breaks...mostly because i don't feel like cleaning up the messes all day...i just wanna clean once...lol...also, when i go home my sister, brother in law, and their family always comes over to eat with us...so it's more like a family gathering...i guess you could say that we're close...but only us siblings...my mom?...well, it's kinda errrrrrrrrrr =)...the main point is...we try to spend as much time together as possible

darvil

sarNie Adult
Me and my family of stray dogs eat together regularly. We just rummage thru the fastfood garbages and always find something nice to eat. Thats one thing about the US that is great. People like to waste food.. plenty of scrapes!

kitkat

sarNie Elites
well, i said NO... because both of my parents are working on the night shifts... it's only me and little brother whom i had to look out for. yeah i know i know i sort of am his baby sitter even though he's pretty much mature for his age. i guess i'm too overprotective for him. [ haha. ]

beside it's kind of weird sitting/eating together for some certain times... i mean my brother and i aren't that close with our parents even though they tried to be friends with us. it's probably their personality that causes us not interesting in them such as telling the stories or whatever we did with friends/cousins. it's just too weird... :sweat:

sad, isn't it? -_-

but my brother and i still love them for being great parents to us. ^_^ :wub:

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Darvil said:
Me and my family of stray dogs eat together regularly. We just rummage thru the fastfood garbages and always find something nice to eat. Thats one thing about the US that is great. People like to waste food.. plenty of scrapes!
[post="79611"][/post]​
ummm...can i be one of your poochies? LOL

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Growing up, we ate dinner together every night. We dont see eachother during the week for breakfast and lunch, but during the weekends, we eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner together. I can say for myself and siblings, we were never into drugs, alcohol, boyfriends, etc. We didnt started dating until 18 while still living with my parents. But started going out and experience at age 20-21. Thats when we did smoke and drink. But keep in mind, my mother is a smoker, and for us kids not to actually smoke at a younger age than 20 is very good. I can say the fact of eating dinner or basically having strict parents help us grow up into great adults. I now am doing the same for my kids and my family. We have to eat dinner together even if a family member is running late.

JoXBankXClash

sarNie Hatchling
well yes and no when i am at ma mums i have to eat with her and ma brother and who ever is there when i stay at ma brothers i eat in ma room lol

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
i eat with my family of 5 sitting at the dinner table every night. When i move out for college though its gonna be different. Its gonna be a family of four...I'm really gonna miss them...=(

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
Growing uP we eat as a family every night. SINCE WE GO OLDER HARDLY ONLY ON SOME WEEKENDS. i'M FAR FROM MY PARENTS HAVING DINNER WITH MY UNCLE FAMILY IS ON WEEKENDS TOO. usALLY i TAKE ONE PLATE.

rukmos

sarNie Adult
When I was younger and we were all less busy with our lives, we always ate 3xs a day with each other. NOw I'm in college and I have work and so do my parents, we hardly see each other anymore. :(

bugsy

sarNie Adult
As of today, I would say my family doesnt eat together as a whole. When it comes to eating, the kids will take their plates and go sit in front of the tv or their rooms or something and my parents will be at the table. It's only once in a while that we actually enjoy ourselves with a meal together at the dinner table. Sigh....kinda sad. Even though we're alright when it comes to being close...I wished we would eat together more. Maybe in the future, when everybody becomes more mature and respectful of each other and the pride of being a family.