Do you speak white or green?

kvang

sarNie Egg
:D My family speaks GREEN and we love it because Hmong people who speak Green are speaking hmong white nowadays. so we are proud that we don't forget what our language really is. i love speaking green because if u are a green it's so easy to learn white. but to me, if u r a white then it is hard to make the green accent. i dunno but that's how i feel towards my friend because all of them are white. i could speak white like imma white to them. i love being a green and i don't think it sounds weird. i think boys who speak green sounds so CUTE! welpz..wat do u think? wink! B)

cuti3gurl

sarNie Egg
im FULL green but i speak white more than green lol.....maybe cuz i spend alot of time with my cousins and they are green and white....

kvang

sarNie Egg
my dad told me green is the original hmong lanuage. is it true? i think it is hahaha. well im a green, i can speak white n green, but i hate it when people r green n they talk white to ur or they white n they to talk green to u... i hate that cuz they be using both lan at u, n u just be like wtf stick to one

oh my half family is white lolz...... my dad hates them beacuse they dunno green lolz

s395299

sarNie Egg
both my parents are green so i speak perfect green but i spet my whole life around white hmong friends so i could understand and speak white like there's no difference.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
I speak white...but i would LOVE to learn green! I find it sooo cool. I have a couple of friends who are green but they usually speak white when they're with us. But when they do speak green, it's soo cool! I wish i had the accent. But it's always fun trying. :rolleyes:

yes..and the green peoples...you should never lose your green tongue cause it'd be a pity. :wavecry:

sambvang

sarNie Egg
s395299 Posted Jan 22 2006, 10:49 AM
both my parents are green so i speak perfect green but i spet my whole life around white hmong friends so i could understand and speak white like there's no difference.
I'm w/ you there. :) My parents and most of my relatives are green but my siblings and I grew up w/ white hmong friends so we are so used to speaking white. And when we speak green to our friends they have no clue what we're saying. I don't know why but the green language is harder to learn than the white language. Maybe it's the way you pronunce/say it like heart in white is siab but in green it's sab.

The funny thing is I spoke white the whole time living w/ my family but when I got married I went back to speaking green because my husband is green. And now it's hard for me to speak white. :lol:

cecilia

Staff member
Penny said:
i think guys that speak green are sexy.. HAHA
[post="37605"][/post]​
i second that..guys that speak hmong tsuab is txhim txhim hlub..in a way..:lol:

kvang said:
:D My family speaks GREEN and we love it because Hmong people who speak Green are speaking hmong white nowadays. so we are proud that we don't forget what our language really is. i love speaking green because if u are a green it's so easy to learn white. but to me, if u r a white then it is hard to make the green accent. i dunno but that's how i feel towards my friend because all of them are white. i could speak white like imma white to them. i love being a green and i don't think it sounds weird. i think boys who speak green sounds so CUTE! welpz..wat do u think? wink! B)
[post="58920"][/post]​
that's what my dad said too..but when we're surround by white folks..we speak white..only my dad who stay true to himself..speak green among others..he never seek to blend in..i try to blend in once in awhile..especialy when you try to help someone who's white..you say it over..and over again and again..and they still dont' get it..

but like CHOR said..my hmong dialect is sorta kill by my english dialect..

her'es a test..if you can pronounce ''KNIFE'' in proper hmong..then you're good..if you dont' hear the ''DR'' sound..then you're lacking hmong..

anyway...seem like majority of us are HMOOB TSUAB..I think HMOOB SUAV has lug hmoob lees too. *

skoo_gurl

sarNie Egg
I SPEAK GREEN!!! GREEN IS THE BEST!!! I think that white is easy for me to understand because in a way it is very similar. I tend to believe that it is harder for white speakers to understand green speakers. I have cousins who speak white, while I understand everything that they are saying, they tell me they don't understand me clearly when i speak green. For example, my mother told me to get a skirt (in green hmong) and my cousin asked me what that was, sadly enough, I told him that it was a skirt. He told me that he never heard of that before.

DUCKIE

sarNie Elites
i'm WHITE and i can only speak WHITE ... talking in GREEN is too hard for me to learn ... plus i can't really understand it too ... but i like guys who talks in GREEN ... it sound really nice ... '-'

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Have you guys heard a whole bunch of old ladies arguing in green...it's freaking hilarious...they all go at it...I have a lot of white cousins, but when they get together, they don't talk as much...them old ladies, whew...when they dirty talk...it's really scary...haha...I enjoy eating at the dinner table with my green cousins more...but I speak white...understand green almost fluently...at least I like to think that i can...haha...

sweetieNu

sarNie Adult
i'm mixed my dad is white and my mom is green but all my family we speak white we can't speak green only my mom... i hace tried to speak but i sound stupid....haha :D

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
pii-nky said:
you're forgeting one more-- PINK!
i speak pink actually :D

=P
[post="95137"][/post]​

ok- she's a liar.. my little sister.. omg
we speak white.. haha..

u are obsessed with PINK missy...grrrrr

L

lalalek

My Grandmum Speaks the white one, the green sounds kinda funny no offense!!!!!!!