Dok Champa or Plumeria Flower

simplysweet

Simplysweet
I was wondering does this flower exist in the United States. I was really bored at work and started to research it and somehow learn to LOVE this flower alot. I live in the US but never seen this flower around at all. interesting.....anyone knows if it does grow in the US please let me know...=D

KristyS

Lakorn Obsesser
I believe so. You could always buy it's seeds and plant them :)
I went to this Thai restaurant and they had a ton of plumeria flowers.

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
where i live in long beach california its almost every house now...

N@t

sarNie Egg
I was wondering does this flower exist in the United States. I was really bored at work and started to research it and somehow learn to LOVE this flower alot. I live in the US but never seen this flower around at all. interesting.....anyone knows if it does grow in the US please let me know...=D
Funny you asked. I'm a plumerias junkie.
I have over 30 plumerias some are named cultivar that are rooted or from cutting and few from seedling.
I've been collecting over 2 years. Let me tell you they can be very addictive and expensive hobby.
I buy mines from Plumeria Society of America. They are the real deal.
You can buy from others but you have to be careful cus sometime you will get the wrong flower and over price.
If you just want a plant then you can buy from anywhere. I know Lowes and Home Depot sell them.
believe it or not.. theres over 100's of varieties plumeria aka Frangipani
Very easy to take care but do better in zone 9 .. like CA , TX and FL
but you still have to keep them from freezing temperature.
I keep all my in black containers some are dig into the ground and during dormancy season(winter time) I bring it into my garage.
It can be a pain in the butt, especially when you have so many to dig up.
but its worth it when you seen these beautiful flowers bloom.

you can read and learn more about plumeria here http://www.theplumeriasociety.org/

neoleu

sarNie Egg
In Thai language we call "Luntom". Champa in Thai is another kind of flower but in Lao language
Plumeria is called "Champa" so somtimes Thai call it Champa-lao.

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
In khmer Champa is a totally different flower then the plumeria..Champa in khmer is the flower that you can wear in your hair. Plumeria in Khmer is call Champay..

kulyia

RUK
Okay since its about flowers, can someone provide me with Plubpleung flower details? Thank you.=]]]]

simplysweet

Simplysweet
Funny you asked. I'm a plumerias junkie.
I have over 30 plumerias some are named cultivar that are rooted or from cutting and few from seedling.
I've been collecting over 2 years. Let me tell you they can be very addictive and expensive hobby.
I buy mines from Plumeria Society of America. They are the real deal.
You can buy from others but you have to be careful cus sometime you will get the wrong flower and over price.
If you just want a plant then you can buy from anywhere. I know Lowes and Home Depot sell them.
believe it or not.. theres over 100's of varieties plumeria aka Frangipani
Very easy to take care but do better in zone 9 .. like CA , TX and FL
but you still have to keep them from freezing temperature.
I keep all my in black containers some are dig into the ground and during dormancy season(winter time) I bring it into my garage.
It can be a pain in the butt, especially when you have so many to dig up.
but its worth it when you seen these beautiful flowers bloom.

you can read and learn more about plumeria here http://www.theplumeriasociety.org/
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!...im looking forward to start planting some of these flowers!..hehe...they are just soo beautifull!....

also sadly but Bath&Body Works no longer carry the plumeria flower scents. it was just carried for only a certain amount of time...=(

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
I think this flower is very pretty too.. heard it smell wonderful as well.. I forgot the scent already.
I recently did a nail art inspired by this flower

See the polish and tools I used to achieve this design :)
Plumeria Nail Design

N@t

sarNie Egg
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!...im looking forward to start planting some of these flowers!..hehe...they are just soo beautifull!....

also sadly but Bath&Body Works no longer carry the plumeria flower scents. it was just carried for only a certain amount of time...=(
You're very welcome!

Yes, they're very beautiful
In SE Asia it is also known as "The Temple flower or Graveyard flower" usually the White color:D