dont u hate it when ppl wears the same outfits as u do?

stephanie

sarNie Adult
so our hmong new year is coming up and my sisters and i are the only ones who do ever keep up with the "newest" hmong fashion. anyways, my grandma bought us the new hmoob suav outfits from sac and we were the only ones who had them up here and then next thing i knew, all of the other hmong utah girls are going out of state or having relatives out of state to by it for them and their all gonna wear it to the new years!ah! it gets me so agitated! but yea... just something to get outta my head.

4y0u1lL

sarNie Egg
i like to stick to the traditional outfit. not much of a fan unless my mom makes it. my sisters and i dont like wearing hmong clothes at all. not that we are haters but we just dont like them. but to make our mommy happy we wear it once to the new years.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
hahaaa.. its ok..

ur topic reminds me 2-3 yrs ago.. my mom order some hmong dress from China for my sis and i..

for one year, we were the only one to have them. the next year, everyone had them.. lols...

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
well it is a "Hmong" outfit that you're talking about, so of course some else will always one too. It's not like anybody started the trend.

lilalee

sarNie Egg
Yep it's all gonna be the same unless you made it yourself but if you're buying it at a store.
Eventually everyone's gonna wear it also. Just like how we all shop at the mall.
It just all depends on who looks best in it!

cecilia

Staff member
yup, it suck. i once bought this nice jacket for 40 dollars.
wore it to work that week. a week later, saw my co-supervisor wore it too.
pissed me off. i stop wearing that jacket since then.

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
i like to stick to the traditional outfit. not much of a fan unless my mom makes it. my sisters and i dont like wearing hmong clothes at all. not that we are haters but we just dont like them. but to make our mommy happy we wear it once to the new years.
yeah...
i like my tradition hmong outfit...
unless my and my sisters and friend decided to make something different...
but i always stick with my traditional one every year!
:)

MizViz

sarNie Adult
i dont really have that problem for hmong clothes...cause its either my mom makes it...or my mom tells someone to make a unique one just for me

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
nah..i'm not too much of a biggie w/ someone else wearing wat i'm wearing...but i'm biggie for some else to have the same name as I do..all my life i only know two ppl w/ my name....argh! gets me soo angry but good ting they're far away

cecilia

Staff member
^haha. my name is very rare as well
so when i'm here in the big city, i heard another person w/my name.
it felt weird and --- unexplained feeling.
i wish, i can only have my alone to myself :lol:

kelly_yang

sarNie Egg
I still stick to the traditional outfits, I don't own any of the modified ones at all...I would like to own one since they are simple and lighter than the traditional ones but I'll just stick to the traditional ones...I have the traditional dress that is really colorful and the traditional ones that are pants...my mom doesn't like the new modified ones so I can't really buy those.

genn04

sarNie Hatchling
its funny cause sometimes u may think ur the first one to own that outfit but it may be that others got it way before u...who knows who had it first. thats why it don't really matter to me.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
wow if i see someone wearing the same outfit like me..i feel happy, _)

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
this one time i went to a high school dance and i see this other girl with the same dress but different color. it was embarassing i was trying to cover it with my jacket. haha...

kulyia

RUK
yupyup. i was at school wearing this red long sleeve turtle neck. And all sudden there was a fire drill. And i saw her AGAIN. shes hmong too. and i was soo embarrassed and mad till the end of day. lol. there were 2 or 3 fire drills. Never wore that shirt Again. lol

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
so our hmong new year is coming up and my sisters and i are the only ones who do ever keep up with the "newest" hmong fashion. anyways, my grandma bought us the new hmoob suav outfits from sac and we were the only ones who had them up here and then next thing i knew, all of the other hmong utah girls are going out of state or having relatives out of state to by it for them and their all gonna wear it to the new years!ah! it gets me so agitated! but yea... just something to get outta my head.

Yes I know what you mean, couple of years ago the new style for hmong clothes (the ones with the straps or strapless ones where it was a tank top from Forever21 and a skirt, if anyone knows what I'm talking about) anyways, we wore it the second day, and next thing I know people start wearing it, and just last year there was a whole bunch of girls wearing them, white,pink,purple, and so on but I don't really care because I saw some new styles at the flea market that I really want. :)