Dororo

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member

Set during the turbulent Sengoku period of Japanese history, DORORO is the story of Hyakkimaru (Satoshi Tsumabuki), a young man who had 48 body parts sacrificed to 48 demons before birth by his power-hungry father, Kagemitsu Daigo (Kiichi Nakai). As a result this demonic pact, Kagemitsu becomes the most powerful man in Japan and his limbless and nearly lifeless son Hyakkimaru is discarded and left to die. However, a country doctor discovers Hyakkimaru and saves him by utilizing alchemy to artificially replace the missing body parts. The doctor then raises Hyakkimaru as his adopted son, until one day Hyakkimaru comes to the realization that his destiny is to regain his humanity by reclaiming his body parts by slaying each of the 48 demons.

Thankfully for Hyakkimaru, the good doctor has incorporated awesome weaponry into Hyakkimaru’s appendages, including arms that transform into swords. Hyakkimaru is soon joined on his journey by a tomboyish female orphan named Dororo (Kou Shibasaki), the self-proclaimed greatest thief in the world. Together, they slay a spectacular array of demons, until they reach inevitable confrontation with the evil Kagemitsu.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

© http://sdaff.bside.com/2008/films/dororo_sdaff2008

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I just watched this movie n omg.. i super enjoyed it!!
but argh i hope there is gonna be a part 2 to is since it only ended with him killing 24 monsters..
i also enjoyed the anime/manga as well ^_^

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
wahhhhhh im so happy there is gonna be a 2nd n 3rd part!! whoot whoot!!

© http://hogacentral.blogs.com/hoganews/2007...g_eventual.html

Coming Eventually - "DORORO 2 & 3"

With the current version's success, as everyone expected, two sequences "DORORO 2" and "3" will be produced, both at the same time. Both Satoshi Tsumabuki and Kou Shibasaki will continue to play the leading roles.

Producer Takashi Hirano states, "we targeted at making a Japanese version of 'Load of The Rings', so we were thinking of making it a trilogy." While the current version's budget was 2 billion yen, including filming in New Zealand, this time they prepared 6 billion yen in war chest for both 2 and 3, and are also thinking of filming overseas.

Filming will start sometime next year and release will be sometime after 2009, pending the stars' schedule. The U.S. distributor Universal Pictures (and UP Japan is one of the producing consortium) is considering to release in the US at the same time as Japan, the report says.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
omg! i watched this a year ago and super loved it! do you know how soon the second and third parts will come??

Khikarugal

sarNie Egg
I thought this movie was really Japanese action film besides Azumi! So glad there is going to be a part 2 & 3!!!!! omg!!! >.<

rukpongalex

sarNie Adult
:arrg: I've been looking forward to this movie in a long time. I really want it to be continue in parts 2 & 3. So either this year or next year that it's coming out right? Anyone know when it's gonna be coming out. I wonder is anyone going to be subbing this movie either at mysoju.com or somewhere else?

komictwin

sarNie Egg
I phuckin' love this movie!
My whole family and friends love this movie!
It's like, the best Japanese action/horror/animate-ish/fun/funny/etc...movie ever!
The fight sequences are so damn hot!
Satoshi Tsumabuki is too damn sexy especially when he's a blind skilled swordsman!
My first film of him and he's hott as hell!
The plot is amazing!
It's worth it! (my opinion)

I recommend it to everyone who loves a nice laugh and great action sequences.

boy&yam

sarNie Egg
wahhhhhh im so happy there is gonna be a 2nd n 3rd part!! whoot whoot!!

© http://hogacentral.blogs.com/hoganews/2007...g_eventual.html

Coming Eventually - "DORORO 2 & 3"

With the current version's success, as everyone expected, two sequences "DORORO 2" and "3" will be produced, both at the same time. Both Satoshi Tsumabuki and Kou Shibasaki will continue to play the leading roles.

Producer Takashi Hirano states, "we targeted at making a Japanese version of 'Load of The Rings', so we were thinking of making it a trilogy." While the current version's budget was 2 billion yen, including filming in New Zealand, this time they prepared 6 billion yen in war chest for both 2 and 3, and are also thinking of filming overseas.

Filming will start sometime next year and release will be sometime after 2009, pending the stars' schedule. The U.S. distributor Universal Pictures (and UP Japan is one of the producing consortium) is considering to release in the US at the same time as Japan, the report says.
Really!?!
OMG! i
m soo excited rite now Dororo is my favorite movie!
i can't wait to buy Dororo 2 & 3!

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
So, are there any sequels to this movie? Like everyone else, I really enjoyed this movie. It's so cool and the demons in here are really weird and crazy. And I loved Satoshi Tsumabuki and Kou Shibasaki after watching their drama "Orange Days". 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Ahahahaha, oh dear... I don't know if there'll be any sequels out anytime time soon... I feel sad.  I was even shocked at my old post back in 2009 informing y'all about the sequels... *sniffsniff*  It's been too long... :(