English Titles to Thai Lakorns

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Alot of fans always want to know the english translation, so If you know any please share! Here's a few I know :)

Prueka Sawad = Flora Love
Likit Kammthep = Destined by Cupid
Benja Keeta Kwarm Ruk = Melody of Love
Oum Ruk = Chain of Love
Oun Ai Ruk = Warmth of Love
Prik Tai Gub Bai Kao = Pepper and Rice Leaf
Tueng Rai Gor Ruk = I'll Love You, Despite Your Evilness
Jum Leuy Ruk = Defendant of Love
Hua Jai Sila = Heart of Stone
Siang Luang Siang Ruk = Risk for Love
Sood Tae Ja Jai Kwai Kwa = As Far as Your Heart Will Reach

nina07

sarNie Adult
Sawan Being: Detour to Heaven (right?)
Pleng Ruk Rim Fung Khong: Songs of Love between the Mekong
Plik Din Su Dao: Race for the Stars (right? ;)
Tookata Rerng Rabum: The Dancing Doll
Khun Noo Taewada: (something about the Daughter(s) of the God(s) [I might be wong]

I'll think of some more .. ;)

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
-Sawan Being
here are the translations i've heard
-Heaven Diversion
-Heaven Unfair (sarN's translation might i say)
-someting about trying to run away from Heaven..i dunno..lol..so just sum it up..lol

Ngao Asoak (The Shadow of the Asoak)
-someone just corrected me..lol..i thought it was "the lonely asoak"

Song Kram Nang Fah (War of the Angels/ Flight Hostress)

Ruk Nee Hua Jai Rao Jung (This Love Belongs to Our Hearts)

Song Rao Nirundon (Two of Us for Eternity :wub: )

Hua Jai Chocolate (Heart of Chocolate)

okay i have a question about "Oum Ruk" i dun know thai honestly..just watch a lot of it and pick a couple of things here and there..but doesn't "OUM" mean to hold..kinda like cuddle...like cuddling a kid rite? why is it tat it's called "Chain of Love"?? :wacko:

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
yea oum rak is hold love. she was holding their child, and dat baby is a symbol of love i guess lol

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
yeah...oum ruk's translation has always puzzled me...

ruk ter took wun - love you every day
mafia tee ruk-my beloved mafia

Pinky's:

- Nong Miew Kearl Petch (Little Kitten with Diamond Teeth)
- Thida Satan (Satan's Daughter)
- Sao Noi Roy Larn (Millionaire Little Girl)
- Suparb Buruth Chao Din (Down-To-Earth Gentleman)
- Jao Ying Lum Sing (Singing Princess)
- Suparb Buruth Satan (Evil Gentleman)
- Talad Nam Dumnern Ruk II (Water Market of Love II)

As for Sawan Biang, my mother translated it as 'Crooked Heaven', because biang ment like crooked (not going the right way). I don't understand why people translate Jum Leuy Ruk as 'Defendant of Love', since it's actually 'Prisoner of Love', since jum leuy means prisoner. Duang Duang Haruthai means 'As If You Were My Heart', something like that. Umm, Rahut Rissaya means 'Code of Jealousy'. Buppae Leh Ruk means something along the lines of 'Destiny Love'. I don't know how to explain leh in English though. As for Siang Luang Siang Ruk, it means 'Risk Lie, Risk Love', since luang means something that is not the truth, like 'lokluang'. Plik Din Su Dao actually means 'Turn Dirt to Reach for the Stars'. Dao Bpeun Din means 'Dirt-Ridden Star'. Pleang Din Klin Dao kind of means something like, 'Dirt Song, Floral Scent'. Tarng Chang Peuk means 'Path of the Albino Elephant'. Yeuy Fah Tah Din means, according to my maid, 'Laugh at the Sky, Challenge the Dirt' (making it along the lines of someone not being scared of anything).

That's enough for now. If you need any translations of any other lakorns, I'd be happy to help you. If I don't know it, I'll get it to you ASAP by asking my mother or my maids :)

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
for me, i translate khmer in french and french in english, lol:
long ngao jun= under the spell of the moon
jao sao ban rai: maiden of fields

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Literal or direct translations don't always work from one language to another. Sometimes you go with what sounds better or what makes more sense. That's why Oum Rak is Chain of Love instead of Hold/Cuddle/Carry Love because CoL sounds better. I think it's called Chain of Love because the baby is the connection between Ken/Ann so in essence the meaning still holds.

Sawan Biang, my sis says it means Heaven's Denial.

Jum Leuy Rak is Defendant because I think jum leuy is defendant or the accused. Like in court they would say jum leuy. Prisoner would translate to chaluey or nak tot. I'm no expert though so don't hold me to it. Maybe they're loosely synonymous. B)

I don't remember liking too many titles. I love the meaning of Wimarn Sai although I wasn't a big fan of the lakorn itself. Turns out my sis said it's loosely copied from an American book, Castles of Sand.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Pinky's:

As for Sawan Biang, my mother translated it as 'Crooked Heaven', because biang ment like crooked (not going the right way). I don't understand why people translate Jum Leuy Ruk as 'Defendant of Love', since it's actually 'Prisoner of Love', since jum leuy means prisoner. Duang Duang Haruthai means 'As If You Were My Heart', something like that. Umm, Rahut Rissaya means 'Code of Jealousy'. Buppae Leh Ruk means something along the lines of 'Destiny Love'. I don't know how to explain leh in English though. As for Siang Luang Siang Ruk, it means 'Risk Lie, Risk Love', since luang means something that is not the truth, like 'lokluang'. Plik Din Su Dao actually means 'Turn Dirt to Reach for the Stars'. Dao Bpeun Din means 'Dirt-Ridden Star'. Pleang Din Klin Dao kind of means something like, 'Dirt Song, Floral Scent'. Tarng Chang Peuk means 'Path of the Albino Elephant'. Yeuy Fah Tah Din means, according to my maid, 'Laugh at the Sky, Challenge the Dirt' (making it along the lines of someone not being scared of anything).

That's enough for now. If you need any translations of any other lakorns, I'd be happy to help you. If I don't know it, I'll get it to you ASAP by asking my mother or my maids :)

lol U HAVE MAIDS!!! OMG! lucky u!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Pinky's:

Oh my goodness hun you have maids! not one but many?!?! oh i'm so jealous...

Can you translate these lakorn titles for me, sweetie?

Le Ratree
Dung Sawan Saab
Neung Nai Suang

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Maids!? I want to become a maid.. I want to be a maid in Atichart's house. I'll wash his dirty under wear for him.